or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread - Page 531

post #15901 of 16125
...
Edited by Highland Logan - 1/3/14 at 3:36am
post #15902 of 16125

YES THERE IS BUILT IN WIFI SO YOU CAN BROWS THE WEB APPS MOVIES , YOU SGOULD LIKE THAT, I HOPE.

pNEg

post #15903 of 16125
Wifi on my tv just stopped working yesterday. No routers are showing up when I try to connect. Is there anything I can do by myself or do I have to send it in for service? I really don't want to send it in because of this, it's so much trouble.
post #15904 of 16125
Does anyone in this forum own Samsung's
UN75ES9000FXZA? If so what are your impressions, and is it worth the money? Thanks
post #15905 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDDUFRENE View Post

Does anyone in this forum own Samsung's
UN75ES9000FXZA? If so what are your impressions, and is it worth the money? Thanks[/quote


It's a great TV. I don't own it, but I think I would wait a little while for the price to fall. At the least wait until the next generation comes out.
This only applies if you can wait a little while, and if I had to have one now. I still don't think I would buy it. There's just not enough there to warrant the Price.
post #15906 of 16125
To all the calibrators, i have a quick question: i got myself a colormunki display last weekend and been playing around with it pretty much the whole week. I started with my movie mode settings and got greyscale and primary/secondary color calibration as close as they can get. My question is how to adjust my 25% 50% 75% saturation levels for all the colors to be on reference? I have a TS01 55 es8000 with evo kit on. Like i said, i'm a newbie with this colorimeter. Will appreciate all the help. Thanks
post #15907 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by prme19 View Post

how to adjust my 25% 50% 75% saturation levels for all the colors to be on reference? I have a TS01 55 es8000 with evo kit on. Like i said, i'm a newbie with this colorimeter. Will appreciate all the help. Thanks
You can't directly. The color controls adjust where the TV puts 100% saturation. Changing the controls for 100% naturally impacts 25, 50, 75 as well. What I did was calibrate at 100% for lowest error at 100%, then calibrate at 50% (i think?) for lowest error at 50%, and then figure out which color settings get me the lowest average error across 25, 50, 75, 100. This is annoying in standard mode as the green channel doesnt go in a straight line.
post #15908 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post

You can't directly. The color controls adjust where the TV puts 100% saturation. Changing the controls for 100% naturally impacts 25, 50, 75 as well. What I did was calibrate at 100% for lowest error at 100%, then calibrate at 50% (i think?) for lowest error at 50%, and then figure out which color settings get me the lowest average error across 25, 50, 75, 100. This is annoying in standard mode as the green channel doesnt go in a straight line.

In my case, all the other saturation colors are in line except for magenta which curves a little bit (despite 100% magenta being on reference pt).. I will try your suggestion to do it on 50% saturation and maybe 75% too, to see which has the lowest average delta E.. Does that mean i have to redo my greyscale on 50% and 75% too? I have not tried doing standard mode yet.. Thanks 10k
post #15909 of 16125
Grayscale and color are independent so you shouldnt have to change your grayscale settings at all.

Also, by average I mean I got a "perfect" 75 and a "perfect" 100 and then took the average of the settings first, and then modified slightly to get the lowest overall dE across all measurements. It's super time consuming. Have fun! smile.gif
post #15910 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post

Grayscale and color are independent so you shouldnt have to change your grayscale settings at all.

Also, by average I mean I got a "perfect" 75 and a "perfect" 100 and then took the average of the settings first, and then modified slightly to get the lowest overall dE across all measurements. It's super time consuming. Have fun! smile.gif

Got it.. Thanks a lot 10K.. Yeah, im having so much fun with this.. (My wife is another story:D)
post #15911 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainatar View Post

Wifi on my tv just stopped working yesterday. No routers are showing up when I try to connect. Is there anything I can do by myself or do I have to send it in for service? I really don't want to send it in because of this, it's so much trouble.
I have the same issue (see my earlier post in this thread). The service guy just came and identified it as a hardware issue: WiFi module which needs to be replaced.

He went into the service menu to confirm: Switch off the TV, press the remote control with the following sequence: MUTE button and input the number 1, 8, 2, POWER button.

Scroll down to "SVC" and select (middle navigation button). Look for "WIFI ER COUNT". Mine was at 129.
post #15912 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabesh View Post

I have the same issue (see my earlier post in this thread). The service guy just came and identified it as a hardware issue: WiFi module which needs to be replaced.

He went into the service menu to confirm: Switch off the TV, press the remote control with the following sequence: MUTE button and input the number 1, 8, 2, POWER button.

Scroll down to "SVC" and select (middle navigation button). Look for "WIFI ER COUNT". Mine was at 129.

That button combination did not work for me. What tv do you have? Sometimes I notice that routers shows up in the list but then just disappears before I can do anything.
post #15913 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainatar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabesh View Post

I have the same issue (see my earlier post in this thread). The service guy just came and identified it as a hardware issue: WiFi module which needs to be replaced.

He went into the service menu to confirm: Switch off the TV, press the remote control with the following sequence: MUTE button and input the number 1, 8, 2, POWER button.

Scroll down to "SVC" and select (middle navigation button). Look for "WIFI ER COUNT". Mine was at 129.

That button combination did not work for me. What tv do you have? Sometimes I notice that routers shows up in the list but then just disappears before I can do anything.

I have the UN60ES8000. Yes, I see the same symptoms as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
post #15914 of 16125
Is anyone familiar with the One Connect box for the Samsung OLED TV? Is it similar to the Evo Kit in any way?
post #15915 of 16125

First of all, Hello guys, thank guy for the great guide!

 

I have been using 10k setting since I bought my TS01 55 ES8000 last year and everything been very awesome!

 

Few weeks ago I updated my firmware to 1051 and i noticed CRAZY banding on my Top Left Quaters, using the same setting as before. Then i tried to update to 1054 yesterday and switch between 10k Movie and Standard setting, no go, very very obvious banding/cloud on the Top Left quater, to a point where it really annoyed me. Anyone have the same problem?

 

Also got myself a PS4 yesterday and wondering if anyone have a setting for Console? Or you guys have been using the same setting.

 

Thank You for your help!!

post #15916 of 16125
I have a PS4 also. Just use your best settings for watching a blu ray then turn on Game mode to play games. I gotta say I'm impressed by the graphical quality combination of the PS4 and this TV! Very sweet.
post #15917 of 16125
It's been a long time since I posted so if anyone could post a link or repost the current top calibration settings for the un60es8000. I'm running cable tv and a ps4 on it. I would really appreciate it.
post #15918 of 16125
I'm kinda lost on this issue guys :-/ anyways I woke up Sunday morning and notice the tv channels were kinda laggin behind in scenes. Almost like a fade ghost effect. I didt touch any wires etc.. Could it be my Directv ? I tried rebooting the reciever acouple times with no fix :-/
post #15919 of 16125
Call Directv. Surely they can run some remote diagnostics. Why did you leave Uverse for Directv? I've never had any problems with Uverse since I had it installed going on 4 yrs. now.
post #15920 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Op's Guy View Post

Call Directv. Surely they can run some remote diagnostics. Why did you leave Uverse for Directv? I've never had any problems with Uverse since I had it installed going on 4 yrs. now.

May have to give them a call. I notice it on all channels lately. I went to Directv bc I moved to a house where AT&T ist available in my area :-/
post #15921 of 16125
So, is the general consensus to steer clear of the 1054 firmware? Does it do anything to improve video performance, or just mess stuff up? Since this is the first firmware update in a long time, I almost installed it, but then I thought to check here first. Now, I'm glad I did.
post #15922 of 16125
This is random but. When I bought this TV I was really disappointed that it didn't come with the super slim bezel (frame) as the 55" version had in the store. Actually all the advertising I saw for the 60" TV had the slim bezel shown. Has anyone had any success in making a case to Samsung to have their TV replaced to what was advertised? (Slim bezel version) ?
If so, could someone point me in the right direction? Thank-you
post #15923 of 16125

^ PM Don Quixote.  ;)

 

Sorry, couldn't resist-but that sounds like classic tilting at windmills to me.  Your best shot was a refund or exchange for a different model right after the purchase and still within the return period.

post #15924 of 16125
The latest update had no ill-effects when i installed it. Everything works as it should. Picture is the same.
post #15925 of 16125
A question to 10k and all other calibrators,

So ive been calibrating my tv for the past couple weeks using colormunki display and the avshd disc and disney wow, i think i've got it to almost where i can be satisfied with the picture with all greyscale and color measurements close to where it should be (except for color saturations, which are still off, although i got them to line up pretty straight - and ive tried calibrating on both 100% and 75% saturations, with 100% producing better measurements)

My question is actually which mode (movie vs standard) to use now?
-movie mode has better average delta E with greyscale calibrations
-standard mode has better average delta E with color calibrations

all my delta Es are actually below 3 on all greyscale and color calibrations on both movie and standard modes, so i dont even know if these differences can be seen by the nake eye. Which would you guys prefer, an accurate greyscale calibration or an accurate color calibration? Thanks, im not even sure if this is a valid question.
post #15926 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by prme19 View Post

A question to 10k and all other calibrators,

So ive been calibrating my tv for the past couple weeks using colormunki display and the avshd disc and disney wow, i think i've got it to almost where i can be satisfied with the picture with all greyscale and color measurements close to where it should be (except for color saturations, which are still off, although i got them to line up pretty straight - and ive tried calibrating on both 100% and 75% saturations, with 100% producing better measurements)

My question is actually which mode (movie vs standard) to use now?
-movie mode has better average delta E with greyscale calibrations
-standard mode has better average delta E with color calibrations

all my delta Es are actually below 3 on all greyscale and color calibrations on both movie and standard modes, so i dont even know if these differences can be seen by the nake eye. Which would you guys prefer, an accurate greyscale calibration or an accurate color calibration? Thanks, im not even sure if this is a valid question.

Correction:
-movie mode has better average delta E with COLOR clibrations
-standard mode has better average delta E with GREYSCALE calibrations
post #15927 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by prme19 View Post

Correction:
-movie mode has better average delta E with COLOR clibrations
-standard mode has better average delta E with GREYSCALE calibrations
Starting from factory default, having proper grayscale calibration will improve pic quality more than proper CMS calibration.

You are all under dE 3 anyway though so the difference is probably academic. That said, since Movie mode has the 10pt white balance controls, you should be able to get better grayscale calibration in movie mode than standard mode, which only has 2pt calibration.

If you want to, you could post your calibration results over in the calibrators forum and have the real experts provide some comments.
post #15928 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post

Starting from factory default, having proper grayscale calibration will improve pic quality more than proper CMS calibration.

You are all under dE 3 anyway though so the difference is probably academic. That said, since Movie mode has the 10pt white balance controls, you should be able to get better grayscale calibration in movie mode than standard mode, which only has 2pt calibration.

If you want to, you could post your calibration results over in the calibrators forum and have the real experts provide some comments.


I was thinking about going back and redoing my movie greyscale calibrations and play more with the 10pt white balance, but since all delta E are under 3 so i should be ok. Thanks for the reponse 10k
post #15929 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post

Starting from factory default, having proper grayscale calibration will improve pic quality more than proper CMS calibration.

You are all under dE 3 anyway though so the difference is probably academic. That said, since Movie mode has the 10pt white balance controls, you should be able to get better grayscale calibration in movie mode than standard mode, which only has 2pt calibration.

If you want to, you could post your calibration results over in the calibrators forum and have the real experts provide some comments.

Thats why I was quite surprised you went back to Standard from one of your posts a while ago. Standard pushes too much blue in the 0 - 10% greyscale.

Curious about Standard mode though. Does your 50% colour (the main colour setting on the front mode menu) clip the RGB flashing patterns?

You said you went back to Standard mode because the blacks weren't as deep on Movie. Thought about getting bias lighting behind your TV?
post #15930 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvfx View Post

Thats why I was quite surprised you went back to Standard from one of your posts a while ago. Standard pushes too much blue in the 0 - 10% greyscale.

Curious about Standard mode though. Does your 50% colour (the main colour setting on the front mode menu) clip the RGB flashing patterns?

You said you went back to Standard mode because the blacks weren't as deep on Movie. Thought about getting bias lighting behind your TV?
0-10% yea, but watching actual content I just don't notice it. Outside of using the meter, just doing a +/- 1 adjustment on white balance offsets generally results in visually appreciable differences in the darker areas. I basically used the meter to tell me what was right, and then double checked visually by looking at some really dark scenes in The Dark Knight Rises and the original Batman. I'm pretty happy where things are, which is why I haven't updated my settings post in six months cool.gif

On color, I think changing the color setting is basically the same as making blanket adjustments on each of the individual CMS settings so there is no point in changing "color". My main content device is an HTPC set to 0-255 so using the clipping patterns in that mode is difficult since it clips out at 235 (doesnt display wtw and btb). I did change up my htpc and avr settings last night to 16-235 mode and put up the clipping pattern. I get all colors distinctly visible up through 235. Some channels get close to 255 before clipping. Blue for example only gets to around 237/239 before clipping. If you look at my standard mode CIE chart I think its visible in that tiny missing slice of gamut that I have with my current settings. If I remember right, getting it all to line up at full gamut required me to sacrifice a fair bit of measured contrast ratio, so I went with the extra contrast instead of the tiny % extra gamut coverage.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread