or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread - Page 2

post #31 of 16125
Just an FYI, on the ES7500 I set up, the camera IS able to be moved/angled up and down and side to side without moving the whole tv. The camera is accessible from the back of the TV - it feels like a small rolling ball and is easily movable with a finger flick.

Also set up an ES8K today, but didn't have much of a chance to mess with it. Would not connect to the internet or recognize gestures, although I didn't try for very long before skipping it because I just wanted to see the picture.
post #32 of 16125
Plan on getting one of these mainly for blu ray movies, a pc monitor, and occasionally gaming.

Do Samsung TV's usually perform well as a monitor? I am currently using a Samsung 2770HD as a monitor and it has no issues, hoping that's the norm, not an exception.
post #33 of 16125
I will find out about the keyboard working for 2011, very good chance it will on the d8000.

god bless
post #34 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeraldRommel View Post

Plan on getting one of these mainly for blu ray movies, a pc monitor, and occasionally gaming.

Do Samsung TV's usually perform well as a monitor? I am currently using a Samsung 2770HD as a monitor and it has no issues, hoping that's the norm, not an exception.

well, I can't speak for the e8000 ( i would imagine it will as well as the d8000)

but the d8000 did very well as a pc monitor. I would use my laptop and then hdmi to tv and it was awesome, worked very well. I would have to believe the e8000 will work atleast as well.

god bless
post #35 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyjd40 View Post

well, I can't speak for the e8000 ( i would imagine it will as well as the d8000)

but the d8000 did very well as a pc monitor. I would use my laptop and then hdmi to tv and it was awesome, worked very well. I would have to believe the e8000 will work atleast as well.

god bless

Tony, are you talking about the PND8000 and the PNE8000? If so, please be specific. Don't want to confuse anybody- this is the UNES8000 thread

As a side note, I really hate how Samsung numbers their products (pasmas and LCDs sharing product numbers). This situation comes up a lot. Gets confusing.
post #36 of 16125
I was reffering to the plasma d8000, yes it confuses me with all the same numbers. I know this is the unxxes8000 led thread , was just mentioning the other as a monitor how it worked, not sure how the led version does. sorry for the miscommunication.

god bless
post #37 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy View Post

Just an FYI, on the ES7500 I set up, the camera IS able to be moved/angled up and down and side to side without moving the whole tv. The camera is accessible from the back of the TV - it feels like a small rolling ball and is easily movable with a finger flick.

Also set up an ES8K today, but didn't have much of a chance to mess with it. Would not connect to the internet or recognize gestures, although I didn't try for very long before skipping it because I just wanted to see the picture.

would love to see any pics and read your thoughts on this tv. please post when you get the unxxes8000 and unxxes7500 up and running, very interested. thank you

god bless
post #38 of 16125
anymore pics of actual content, movies, etc? Man, with all the samsung hoopla on the micro dimming ultimate and the extra layers of material samsung stated they used to increase picture clarity and achieve better uniformity, I was thinking this tv would be the best of the best.

I hope the pics and reviews continue. I took my 65" panny plasma from the living room and mounted it on my wall in my bedroom and am patiently waiting to put a new tv in its place. the 65"es8000 is my choice, but if turns out that this tv doesn't deliver, I may just go with the lovely sony 65"hx929...I dunno...I think I need to head to best buy and look for myself
post #39 of 16125
Thread Starter 
The camera is able to move, but only up and down. It isnt a rolling ball, but it is like a rolling bar so I have no idea how to move side to side.
post #40 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holton0289 View Post

The camera is able to move, but only up and down. It isnt a rolling ball, but it is like a rolling bar so I have no idea how to move side to side.

Holton...when u get a chance can u provide more pics with actual movie content. Can u also go into more detail about pic quality and your opinion on how this tv ranks against other samsung models and possibly the elite or hx929? Thanks so much!
post #41 of 16125
what's the panel version? i should be on the back of the TV
what's the firmware version?
post #42 of 16125
Thread Starter 
yea, im going to set up the UN46B8500 i have next to the UN55ES8000 i have and take pics. Ill get the same movie going on both sets and make direct comparisons.


I was just told there is a software update for the TV and itll download while in standby. I looked for the panel version but couldnt find it.

Current Software version: 001008
post #43 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest261 View Post

s a side note, i really hate how samsung numbers their products (pasmas and lcds sharing product numbers). This situation comes up a lot. Gets confusing.

+1
post #44 of 16125
Holton,

When you get a chance, could you please load these test patterns onto your ES8000 and take some pictures of the image (in the dark)?

Flashlight Test

What to look for: flashlighting in corners.

Uniformity Test

What to look for: vertical banding.

These are the 2 "worst cases" that expose the most significant issues on last years model, the UNxxD8000. I think you should be able to load these images onto a flash drive and display them as pictures on the TV.

Thanks in advance!
post #45 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest261 View Post


As a side note, I really hate how Samsung numbers their products (pasmas and LCDs sharing product numbers). This situation comes up a lot. Gets confusing.


Really? For some reason I don't think they are that confusing. On the other hand, I get totally confused with the way Sony numbers their tvs.
post #46 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by balla01 View Post

Really? For some reason I don't think they are that confusing. On the other hand, I get totally confused with the way Sony numbers their tvs.

In case you haven't noticed, they're confusing because people are easily prone to just use the suffix, IE D8000, etc. 2012 is a little easier since most of the top-end LCDs are "ES" instead of the "E" Plasmas. Not a big deal, but it would help if people were explicit when they're mixing up LCDs and Plasmas in the same thread.
post #47 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest261 View Post

In case you haven't noticed, they're confusing because people are easily prone to just use the suffix, IE D8000, etc. 2012 is a little easier since most of the top-end LCDs are "ES" instead of the "E" Plasmas. Not a big deal, but it would help if people were explicit when they're mixing up LCDs and Plasmas in the same thread.

Get over it. Why worry about what you can't change?
post #48 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by d8000 user View Post


Get over it. Why worry about what you can't change?

Oh god. Not in this thread too.
post #49 of 16125
I cant believe a 55" flagship product in 2012 only has 3hdmi inputs. Our 32d4000 from last year has 5.
post #50 of 16125
Hey, just so we all know. The 3d glasses that come with the samsung tv's are the NEW 3D GLASSES , both kinds (battery and rechargeable) are of the new consortium type - they work with samsung, panasonic and sony tv's. here is the link - scroll to 3d break through.


http://hdguru.com/samsung-details-it...566/#more-7566

(sorry if this is not allowed - i dont know how to just have it say" link" please fix if you like. thx)

god bless
post #51 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyjd40 View Post

Hey, just so we all know. The 3d glasses that come with the samsung tv's are the NEW 3D GLASSES , both kinds (battery and rechargeable) are of the new consortium type - they work with samsung, panasonic and sony tv's.

http://hdguru.com/samsung-details-it...566/#more-7566

(sorry if this is not allowed - i dont know how to just have it say" link" please fix if you like. thx)

god bless

Sweet thanks for that info. I was wondering about this.
post #52 of 16125
Just got the 55ES8000 in and i'm setting it up right now. I think the stand is pretty cool looking. It's different, but i like it. Sucks it doesnt swivel though. Nice looking TV, but I thought the frame and base especially felt a little cheap for a $3400 TV. Altough, that doesn't really matter much since once you get it where you want it, no one will be touching the frame anyway.
post #53 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by maygit View Post

Just got the 55ES8000 in and i'm setting it up right now. I think the stand is pretty cool looking. It's different, but i like it. Sucks it doesnt swivel though. Nice looking TV, but I thought the frame and base especially felt a little cheap for a $3400 TV. Altough, that doesn't really matter much since once you get it where you want it, no one will be touching the frame anyway.

It looks like the stand would allow the entire TV to be swiveled fairly easily, especially if there was something like a little felt or silicon strip under the "rails". Is that not the case?
post #54 of 16125
got my UN46ES8000 as replacement
will post later along with pics ...
post #55 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by anis_ber View Post

got my UN46ES8000 as replacement
will post later along with pics ...

Replacement to what??
post #56 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by balla01 View Post

Replacement to what??

defective UN46D8000
post #57 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by anis_ber View Post


defective UN46D8000

Free of charge??
post #58 of 16125
PLEASE PLEASE-im dying here...please post more pics asap and post some comments on the mnost important question and that is picture quality......
post #59 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by maygit View Post

Just got the 55ES8000 in and i'm setting it up right now. I think the stand is pretty cool looking. It's different, but i like it. Sucks it doesnt swivel though. Nice looking TV, but I thought the frame and base especially felt a little cheap for a $3400 TV. Altough, that doesn't really matter much since once you get it where you want it, no one will be touching the frame anyway.

so far how is the picture are u enjoying it ,and do u see aly uniformity problems ,from what others are saying its a idk or a yes or no i dont think anyone on this fourm really know just yet .please pot of pictures.
post #60 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyjd40 View Post

Hey, just so we all know. The 3d glasses that come with the samsung tv's are the NEW 3D GLASSES , both kinds (battery and rechargeable) are of the new consortium type - they work with samsung, panasonic and sony tv's. here is the link - scroll to 3d break through.

http://hdguru.com/samsung-details-it...566/#more-7566

(sorry if this is not allowed - i dont know how to just have it say" link" please fix if you like. thx)

god bless

Pretty clear that they're not enforcing the UPP. Look at Amazon's price for the UN55ES8000...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread