Originally Posted by BassAtl
I posted a few days back about my LM7600 edge bleed and whether or not I would take the set back. Returned from a weekend trip today, and put in a DVD with black bars top and bottom. Edge bleed was very evident and annoying.
So, I boxed it up and took it back to Frys tonight for an exchange. No questions, very easy. I noted the following:
1. Demo set did not exhibit the same level of bleed as my new set, but the demo set also has 3450 hours on it, so it's been there since the TV's release.
2. My set, which I returned due to the edge bleed, was inventoried and a new price tag was placed on it and it appeared they were going to put it on the floor as an open box unit at $1424, despite my returning it as defective......hmmmm.
3. The LM7600 is back up to $1499 now, so the 2-week run at $1199 has ended.
4. 55" Google TV version is at $1299 this week. 55G2 I think.
Now I just set up the new set, and as one of you suggested.....I think it's worse than the TV I just returned. Great picture, but with black bars or on very dark screens, the bleeding is very evident. Both of these units were November 2012 builds. I probably should have suggested they look for a different month at least. Might have had a better shot at a good one from a different time period.
So, now I am confronted with another decision. I can exchange again I suppose, and have them search for a serial number that would indicate a build month other than November. I was REALLY hoping that this 7600 would be a great set. Or, I can get a refund and head over to Costco and pick up the LM6700 for $999. Next set down. TruMotion 120 instead of 240. I'm concerned about sports and gaming on the slower set, and obviously I might have the same issues on the 6700 as far as bleed.
I want passive 3D, in order to be able to use the Dual Play feature for gaming, and that basically leaves me with LG and Vizio. The current Panasonics with passive 3D are not that great to me. Plus, I don't have a budget to wait for a 2013 model. Need a 2012 on closeout pricing.
Here's a question....any of you that have sets displaying no or only minimal edge bleed.....what is the build month of your set? Shipping might have more to do with this problem, but then again maybe there's something to getting a different lot or batch....I'm just looking for any solution. Since I only paid $1199 for this set, the upgrade fee for me to get the 8600 would be $400, which is too much for me.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.