Originally Posted by bhilimon
I got my 7600 (55 inch) today. So far so good. I went for the 7600 over the 6700 to get access to the TruMotion controls and to get black bezel instead of the silver the 6700 has. The first thing I did was check some of the things other people on here have complained about or commented on, so here we go...
- TruMotion settings are there. I have found that leaving TruMotion off for general TV watching is the best so far. Haven't watched any sports yet.
- Light bleed. I do have a tiny bit of light bleed on the top of the screen. It's significantly less than some others have posted and definitely not enough to make me want to return the TV. It's not even noticeable unless I'm looking for it.
Other things to note:
- Glossy screen. It's glossy, but not crazy. I can see a light in my living room reflect in it during dark scenes. It's not causing a glare though so I'm not sure how big of a deal it is yet. Your experience will vary greatly based on how you light your room. It was daylight when I started playing with the TV and didn't have any issues with reflections or not being able to see the screen.
- The blacks are pretty black. Blacks are good even on the "low" black level setting. Much better black levels than my 7-year old SONY I upgraded from.
- Picture. Out of the box colors were washed out. Simply adjusting the color slider fixed the problem. I have done minimal picture tweaking and already I'd say the TV looks just as good of not better than my old TV. No complaints about the picture and I'm sure it will be even better after I tweak some more.
- Media streaming. No issues streaming video straight from my NAS. No PC in the middle. I've only tried xvid so far though.
- I have not tested 3D because I don't have a 3D disc to test with. 2D-3D conversion seems to work but I highly doubt I'll ever use it.
I only have 1 problem so far. The optical output does not output DTS. I'll have to connect a separate audio connection between my Blu-ray player and receiver to get DTS. I'm not sure if any other formats are not supported as I only have 1 Blu-ray to test with so far. Maybe someone has figured out a solution for this, but the manual does say the TV doesn't support DTS.
Overall very happy with the TV.