or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG XXLM7600 Owners Thread...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official LG XXLM7600 Owners Thread... - Page 117

post #3481 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackN View Post

Interesting. Doesn't look like they engage with the "inner workings" at all... Sort of a cartridge system, then? Slide out the old, pop in the new? It'd be interesting to see a panel module cracked open to get a look at just what causes back-light issues, how they might engineer a solution for these widespread problems. Thanks for the pics!
They just pop off the two boards and unhook all the wiring and remove and replace a hundred screws, that's it.
post #3482 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePC View Post

1.99 can't go wrong

if you wear prescription lenses the best clip-ons I tried and liked - Hurry get them there going fast http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007BPE4O0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Or you can use the ones that you get at the movie theater when you see a 3D movie.
post #3483 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparbob7 View Post

Or you can use the ones that you get at the movie theater when you see a 3D movie.

Yep. Between the 6 that came with my tv, the family pack I ordered for clip on and kids' size ones, and the ones we have gotten from the movie theater, I have about 30 pairs. They accumulate quickly.
post #3484 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsiv View Post

Yep. Between the 6 that came with my tv, the family pack I ordered for clip on and kids' size ones, and the ones we have gotten from the movie theater, I have about 30 pairs. They accumulate quickly.


I found the "Read D" variety to be more darkening than LG's; they cramp the overall luminance and color more than is necessary to achieve the 3D effect.
post #3485 of 3922
I too found the Real D type to be a little darker. I did a quick change side by side comparison and did see a little more of the 3D effect with them, minimally so however.
post #3486 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

I too found the Real D type to be a little darker. I did a quick change side by side comparison and did see a little more of the 3D effect with them, minimally so however.


Interesting. I'll do another comparison, see if the Real Ds perform better, despite the darkening.
post #3487 of 3922
Hrmm, tried twice to download the 5.0 from the LG website, both times winrar tells me it's corrupt. Bah, didn't really want to setup internet connection for the TV after the Plex reboot debacle.

Other than Amazon, is there any other feature that jumps out in 5.0?
post #3488 of 3922
Version 5.00.08 downloaded today.

My Apps are displayed in a little different way and/or has a different background.

LG Smart World has a couple of Apps I have not seen before.

3D World added some material.

Don't see any other changes that jump out.....
post #3489 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

Version 5.00.08 downloaded today.

My Apps are displayed in a little different way and/or has a different background.

LG Smart World has a couple of Apps I have not seen before.

3D World added some material.

Don't see any other changes that jump out.....

Engineering Mode or Regular?
post #3490 of 3922
Engineering.
post #3491 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

Version 5.00.08 downloaded today.
Where did you get 5.00.08? I only see 5.00.00 on the website and, at least as of about 10 pm ET on May 2, my TV had no further updates available.
post #3492 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWIII View Post

Where did you get 5.00.08? I only see 5.00.00 on the website and, at least as of about 10 pm ET on May 2, my TV had no further updates available.

The website only shows what has been pushed to the general public.
post #3493 of 3922
Can somebody on the eng. firmware check and see if Hulu Plus is still working? I am getting a missing plugin error. Thanks.
post #3494 of 3922
Yes it's working. (I don't subscribe) I can start the APP, asks if I am a subscriber, and lets me play sample videos.
post #3495 of 3922
WIth the 5.00.08 update I can no longer get youtube to load. It's just stuck on the splash screen. Worked fine on 5.00.00. Anyone else get youtube working on 5.00.08? I tried re-initializing of the premium content and restarting t.v., but it's just stuck there.
post #3496 of 3922
Not working for me either. I don't use the Youtube app on the TV so didn't notice. No doubt it will be fixed in an upcoming update, maybe they are updating that app, which could be better.
post #3497 of 3922
I'm on the 5.00.00 and the Amazon app stopped working for me. Is anyone else having issues with it?
post #3498 of 3922
"Upgraded" to 5.00.00. On my first try, the Amazon app lost the internet connection; had to turn the TV off and on again. Played a movie on Netflix instead and the TV turned itself off after five minutes, losing my place in the movie. Turned it back on and finished the rest of the Netflix movie without incident.

This morning, I did a factory reset. Today I was able to watch the first few minutes of an Amazon movie no problem. Not saying they're related, but that's what happened.

I also feel like the audio sync isn't perfect when playing movies from my collection from my NAS media server, but I need to investigate that more.

Moral of the story: Beware firmware versions that end in all zeros.

PS: Is "Live Plus" this ad targeting technology? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Q1NNKQaqU
post #3499 of 3922
Thanks... I was able to get into it this morning instead of the infinite loop of "There is a problem with you internet connection. Please try again".
post #3500 of 3922
So I messed up my 55" last night. Attempting to move it my friend who was helping grabbed the top of the tv and squeezed rather than holding it by the edge with no pressure on the screen. Now I have a small 1" strip of pixels that look black and have these fire red/yellow pixels surrounding them in the shape of a thumb print. If I massage the screen a bit up there they go away but slowly come back over the next 10 minutes. Did some pixels burst or what happened here? I know it's broke and know he shouldn't have carried it like that but I'm just curious what the actual damage is.

My friend says "oh its not bad I cant even notice it". But it is ALL i notice now when I look at the screen.

On to a new tv search...
post #3501 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Perkins View Post

I will post the pictures in gallery under my name.I am watching a letter box movie at the moment and it looks perfect.
I bought the Geeksquad warranty as well. I have LG sending a service Rep out to assess the Flashlighting/Bleed Monday. I will then decide if it will be a replace the panel or return situation I have about 60% of the screen covered in flashlighting. I have engaged local dimming and set to "High" is greatly improved, but if there isn't ambient room light or I have my bias light off you can definitely see it in normal viewing. I have a little to no light in my room (black blinds/dense brown curtains) minus an occasional lamp from the wifes side of the room or my bias light at night I am in a cinema environment. I am going to talk to the GM at Best buy and see if LG does the replacement if it will void the warranty and if it is repaired and still is as bad if the set can be returned? I don't want to waste the GS warranty while I am still covered by LG proper.
post #3502 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWIII View Post

"Upgraded" to 5.00.00. On my first try, the Amazon app lost the internet connection; had to turn the TV off and on again. Played a movie on Netflix instead and the TV turned itself off after five minutes, losing my place in the movie. Turned it back on and finished the rest of the Netflix movie without incident.

This morning, I did a factory reset. Today I was able to watch the first few minutes of an Amazon movie no problem. Not saying they're related, but that's what happened.

I also feel like the audio sync isn't perfect when playing movies from my collection from my NAS media server, but I need to investigate that more.

Moral of the story: Beware firmware versions that end in all zeros.

PS: Is "Live Plus" this ad targeting technology? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Q1NNKQaqU

You know I run PlayOn media server on a quad core PC and the 7600 cant sync the audio from it. Every device I have plays nice with PlayOn execpt the TV. I have it on cat5 but its the same wireless too. The internet lags so badly on it that its just a PITA to use at all. Tried a different spot on the router and another cable with no joy. Gave the TV a static IP, no joy there either.

EDIT: Just found out what to do to get the audio synced. Just grab the timebar slider move it back a little and VIOLA in sync (the audio not the group)

So this is a BUG in the firmware. It may not be buffering streams properly.
Edited by flhthemi - 5/6/13 at 7:32am
post #3503 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Shankenstein View Post

I bought the Geeksquad warranty as well. I have LG sending a service Rep out to assess the Flashlighting/Bleed Monday. I will then decide if it will be a replace the panel or return situation I have about 60% of the screen covered in flashlighting. I have engaged local dimming and set to "High" is greatly improved, but if there isn't ambient room light or I have my bias light off you can definitely see it in normal viewing. I have a little to no light in my room (black blinds/dense brown curtains) minus an occasional lamp from the wifes side of the room or my bias light at night I am in a cinema environment. I am going to talk to the GM at Best buy and see if LG does the replacement if it will void the warranty and if it is repaired and still is as bad if the set can be returned? I don't want to waste the GS warranty while I am still covered by LG proper.
I would try the panel replacement. I believe those replacement panels are bench tested before being sent out for replacement repairs. Good luck, keep me posted. Richard:-)
post #3504 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWIII View Post


PS: Is "Live Plus" this ad targeting technology? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Q1NNKQaqU

Nice catch! First I have seen that describes what that setting is.
post #3505 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Perkins View Post

I would try the panel replacement. I believe those replacement panels are bench tested before being sent out for replacement repairs. Good luck, keep me posted. Richard:-)
I really love everything about this display with the exception of the flashlighting, so a defect free replacement would be ideal. Thanks for sharing your experience.
post #3506 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

Not working for me either. I don't use the Youtube app on the TV so didn't notice. No doubt it will be fixed in an upcoming update, maybe they are updating that app, which could be better.

Same here, youtube app hanging on splash screen. Incidentally, My 3D world is hanging on splash screen too, how about you guys?
post #3507 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Shankenstein View Post

I really love everything about this display with the exception of the flashlighting, so a defect free replacement would be ideal. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Yeah I'm exactly the same really love the TV other than the flashlighting, finally getting mine booked in to service store here to look at and hopefully fix the overly bad flashlighting spots. The guys in the TV store reckoned these TVs only have LEDs along the bottom edge (the thick part of the bezel). Can anyone verify that? To me my bad spotlighting points on the right hand edge, I would swear they were coming straight from the right hand edge, they even fan out from the edge in a pyramid shape as you would expect (thinner at bezel edge and getting thicker as it moves towards the centre of the display). Also the clouding in 3 of the 4 corners (not terrible but still slightly visible on dark scenes).

From what they are saying however these would just be light guide exit points, with source coming from the bottom only? Doesn't sound right to me, but if that is the case I would think a repair would be pretty easy just tightening up the light guides to the edge of the display?
post #3508 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by emigono View Post

Same here, youtube app hanging on splash screen. Incidentally, My 3D world is hanging on splash screen too, how about you guys?

I can generally get past the flash screen but performance once in there is hopeless. Youtube I may get one clip out Ok but try running another one and I'm likely to get terriblke stuttering, buffering and then perhaps booted out back to home screen. The Youtube app is terrible and 3D world unusable for me due to ridiculous buffering and then possible crashing out. All this on a good internet connection. I can run through PC, Xbox or even wireless on Android phone streaming youtube etc is fine. It doesn't take much grunt to run these, its like they went with an absolutely minimal on memory and it just cannot handle much at all, which is disappointing given the cost and that they push the whole "smart TV" thing.
Internet browser without video (youtube through browser is just about as bad as the app but I still have I think better success running it this way). Does everyone else have better luck through the browser vs the app?
Anyone have experience with an 8600 or 9600 with the dual core processor to know if these run the apps any more reliably than the single core 7600?
post #3509 of 3922
I'm considering getting the 55" version of this tv as I read it is great for gaming input lag. Also its easily the best looking tv I've seen. A couple of questions.

Currently I have a 55xvt553sv Vizio Full Led Backlighting. The blooming/haloing on this thing is an absolute nightmare only to be worsened by off-angle viewing.

1) The LG is edge-lit, does it suffer from blooming/haloing or is it mainly just flashlighting and clouding on the sides? Honestly, I think I could handle flashlighting much more than blooming. Night scenes with movement on the Vizio are just terrible.

2) Is the tv as great at input lag as they say around 34ms? Displaylag.com gave it one of their best reviews, just wondering if you guys agree?

3) Since most of the professional reviews are last year and surely firmwares have come out, what issues have they helped (or hurt)?

4) Anything I should know about this that could possibly be an issue or brought to my attention? Abe's of Maine has it for $1295 right now for the 55", that seemed like a decent deal no? I know I've seen it a bit cheaper at times.

5) What does this TV do poorly (i.e. motion, contrast, audio, etc.)?

6) Clouding/Blooming wouldnt be so bad on the Vizio if you could adjust/tweak the power of the backlighting or set a minimum level on them. Does the LG have any options for the local dimming other than the probable "local dimming off"? And if you do turn off local dimming, does it make the blacks basically gray? The Vizio's sure did but it simple had "on" and "off", no adjustments.

7) Overall are most of you generally pleased with the tv? Or do you feel you should have bought something else?

Greatly appreciate the info any of you can provide.
Edited by garnettrules21 - 5/6/13 at 3:30pm
post #3510 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT3010 View Post

I can generally get past the flash screen but performance once in there is hopeless. Youtube I may get one clip out Ok but try running another one and I'm likely to get terriblke stuttering, buffering and then perhaps booted out back to home screen. The Youtube app is terrible and 3D world unusable for me due to ridiculous buffering and then possible crashing out. All this on a good internet connection. I can run through PC, Xbox or even wireless on Android phone streaming youtube etc is fine. It doesn't take much grunt to run these, its like they went with an absolutely minimal on memory and it just cannot handle much at all, which is disappointing given the cost and that they push the whole "smart TV" thing.
Internet browser without video (youtube through browser is just about as bad as the app but I still have I think better success running it this way). Does everyone else have better luck through the browser vs the app?
Anyone have experience with an 8600 or 9600 with the dual core processor to know if these run the apps any more reliably than the single core 7600?

Youtube and 3D have been fine prior, maybe you missed this is not normal performance? I don't like the interface for Youtube but that's unrelated. I have never had a problem with 3D world. Overall the apps work just fine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG XXLM7600 Owners Thread...