or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Sherlock Holmes : A Game of Shadows
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sherlock Holmes : A Game of Shadows

post #1 of 62
Thread Starter 



Quote:


Maximum Movie Mode viewing option hosted by Robert Downey Jr.
Seven behind-the-scenes featurettes:
- Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson: A Perfect Chemistry
- Holmes Without Borders
- Moriarty's Master Plan Unleashed
- Holmesavision on Steroids
- Sherlock Holmes: Under the Gypsy Spell
- Meet Mycroft Holmes
- Guy Ritchie's Well-Oiled Machine

June 12th

Great sequel
post #2 of 62
Dang that's quite sometime from now
post #3 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

Dang that's quite sometime from now

UK get it May 14th
post #4 of 62
Every bit as good as the first film. Day one purchase!
post #5 of 62
I really enjoyed this one. I hope they will try for a 3rd installment.

I'm so glad it was not done in 3-D!

Some comment by Guy Ritchie & Robert Downey Jr. on 3-D here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKX4wk8g4nA
post #6 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by b curry View Post

I really enjoyed this one. I hope they will try for a 3rd installment.

Ritchie has already signed for the 3rd one. WB has hired Drew Pierce for the screenplay, who is also writing Iron Man 3, and they're supposed to shoot in the U.S this time.

...as for Game Of Shadows, day one without a doubt. I loved it as much as the first one. Downey Jr., Law, Noomi, and Zimmer's delightful score.....
post #7 of 62
I agree! I loved it. Thought it was better than the first and look forward to the third one.
post #8 of 62
I thought the first film was really good, I felt this film had it's moments and some very interesting visuals (like the first) but was not nearly as good. It seemed to be trying too hard and didn't capture the fun of the first film as well.
post #9 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmathers View Post

I agree! I loved it. Thought it was better than the first and look forward to the third one.

That's good to know picked this up today im hoping to watch this tomorrow night.
post #10 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post


That's good to know picked this up today im hoping to watch this tomorrow night.

Ah! You got it already! Lucky man, hope you enjoy it. Robert Downey Jr. Is fantastic as always
post #11 of 62
I thought it was out already in the states.
post #12 of 62
Not until June I believe.
post #13 of 62
Not trying I be rude, but the release date IS mentioned in the very first post. I haven't seen this yet, but a couple of friends of mine worked on this with their Phantom Flex high-speed camera. I hear the slow motion parts are very cool. I'll definitely give it a rent, though, as I wasn't a huge fan of the first.
post #14 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post

Not trying I be rude, but the release date IS mentioned in the very first post. I haven't seen this yet, but a couple of friends of mine worked on this with their Phantom Flex high-speed camera. I hear the slow motion parts are very cool. I'll definitely give it a rent, though, as I wasn't a huge fan of the first.

Your right Big Brad don't know how i missed that
post #15 of 62
I have to say... I hate guy ritchie and his way of directing... at least I used to. this movie was awesome, and after seeing it a couple times already in the theaters, this is a day one purchase for me.
post #16 of 62
I picked this up yesterday, hadn't seen it before and had a friend warn me that it was pretty bad.

I watched it last night and loved it, Robert Downey Jr was great, as ever.
post #17 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz063 View Post

I picked this up yesterday, hadn't seen it before and had a friend warn me that it was pretty bad.

I watched it last night and loved it, Robert Downey Jr was great, as ever.

Good to hear kazz I was going to watch last night but didn't get a chance too. Will watch tonight.
post #18 of 62
I'm really looking forward to this Blu-ray release. I didn't catch it in the theaters but I'm not even slightly concerned about a blind-buy. June 12 can't get here fast enough!

Mark
post #19 of 62
Finished watching this last night I really enjoyed this as much as the first. Glad i bought it.
post #20 of 62
Picked up the UK steelbook today, looking forward to seeing this again.





post #21 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul_duke View Post

Picked up the UK steelbook today, looking forward to seeing this again.


Raoul_duke, I like that steelbook. Do you know if it's region free? I'm in the U.S. thanks.
post #22 of 62
no it's not... get an Oppo
post #23 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmathers View Post

Raoul_duke, I like that steelbook. Do you know if it's region free? I'm in the U.S. thanks.

Yes, it's completely region free, being a Warner title.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu18 View Post

no it's not... get an Oppo

Fail.
post #24 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul_duke View Post

Picked up the UK steelbook today, looking forward to seeing this again.






Steelbook looks good.
post #25 of 62
[quote="raoul_duke"]
Yes, it's completely region free, being a Warner title

Thanks! I may have to grab that!
post #26 of 62
it is? I thought all steel books were region B coded?
post #27 of 62
You've been vastly mis-informed.
post #28 of 62
every other steel book I own is region B locked...
silent running, two lane black top, touch of evil.
post #29 of 62
The steelbook looks like the same one that Future Shop will be getting on the 12th (sadly they only ship in Canada)

post #30 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu18 View Post

every other steel book I own is region B locked...
silent running, two lane black top, touch of evil.

Are any of those Warner Bros. produced BDs? I'm pretty sure WB does not region code their BD. I'm using technical data from DVDBeaver to validate that statement.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Sherlock Holmes : A Game of Shadows