or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) › Self Upgrade of Casablanca DAC'S
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Self Upgrade of Casablanca DAC'S

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Team,

i have access to a Casablanca controller, configured with a single 2-channel DAC. I own three(3) Superior DAC's from a Casablanca2. Does anyone know if I can merely remove the 2 channel DAC card in slot#1, and place the three Superior dacs with 3 channels in slots 1, 2, and 3 by myself?

Any insight or collected wisdom will be greatly appreciated.
post #2 of 8
have you called Theta? They should be able ro answer your question. how's retirement treating you?
post #3 of 8
Back in the day of the original CB, or even the CB2, when the Superior DACs were still current, the answer would have easily been yes.

But the Casablanca you have now, is it an original Casablanca, a CB2, a CB3?

Call John Baloff, Tech Support, at Theta. Give him the unit's serial #,and he'll be able to look it up and tell you what you can and can't do!

Inotherwards, listen to Dan!!@@
post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFrancis View Post

have you called Theta? They should be able ro answer your question. how's retirement treating you?

Dr. Dan.

i am essentially enjoying retirement at the 98.9% level. i dabble with a little consulkting, and keep myself away from the house enough that the bride dosen't get any big honey-do lists dreams. at the end of the day she is still upside down in her trade.

i will call theta tomorrow.

be well, drive safely
post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post

Back in the day of the original CB, or even the CB2, when the Superior DACs were still current, the answer would have easily been yes.

But the Casablanca you have now, is it an original Casablanca, a CB2, a CB3?

Call John Baloff, Tech Support, at Theta. Give him the unit's serial #,and he'll be able to look it up and tell you what you can and can't do!

Inotherwards, listen to Dan!!@@


hi steve, i will certainly take the wise sage advice of mr. "B". thanks for the input
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by els View Post

Team,

i have access to a Casablanca controller, configured with a single 2-channel DAC. I own three(3) Superior DAC's from a Casablanca2. Does anyone know if I can merely remove the 2 channel DAC card in slot#1, and place the three Superior dacs with 3 channels in slots 1, 2, and 3 by myself?

Any insight or collected wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

You can only swap cards between the same model of Casablanca unless you ship the cards back to Theta to have the firmware changed.
post #7 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogger View Post

You can only swap cards between the same model of Casablanca unless you ship the cards back to Theta to have the firmware changed.

Thanks for the heads up!! i will certainly check with theta to see if they will provide this support. the forum continues to be the voice of wisdom and knowledge
post #8 of 8
The other detail not mentioned is if Superior I's you'll need to get Theta or a dealer to assign the channels you want. Otherwise you might have three cards with L, C and R. I think this is done by moving jumper wires but I'm not positive.

It's not till CB III and Superior II (or Extreme or Premium) that it was possible to reassign channels from the front panel.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) › Self Upgrade of Casablanca DAC'S