or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Aerial Acoustics 7T Review on Hometheaterreview.com
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aerial Acoustics 7T Review on Hometheaterreview.com - Page 3

post #61 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post

He originally tried to get the 7T cabinets made in China but the quality was inconsistant and the shipping was not very timely. So he went back to his old company in Denmark. Also Hornset has a special process in designing curved cabinets. There is some info about them online.

That is fascinating to hear. When exactly was the conversion over to the original Denmark manufacturer. So he went into production with the china cabinets and reverted back to Denmark maker mid production. My question is how do you know which is which I the resell market?
post #62 of 92
Thread Starter 
I'm guessing MAYBE it would say "May in China" on the Cabinet like on the Paradigm monitor series 7's. They used to be made in Canada. Unless the 7T's made in China never said made in China.
post #63 of 92
Class A
You mention NH, could you elaborate more as being from Canada I'm thinking New Hampshire but somehow I don`t think that`s right. I am leaning very hard towards buying the 7t`s but there are no dealers in Ontario so they would have to brought across the boarder, does anyone have any idea on what the duties and taxes would be for that or any other suggestions would be very welcomed.
post #64 of 92
Thread Starter 
If you really want those speakers and it costs a fortune to ship them over the boarder, I'd recommend taking a nice little vacation somewhere in the states with the Mrs. near an audio place that carries these speakers. Then I'd listen to them, if you love them, buy em and bring em home with you lol. That's just me. I'd see that as an opportunity for a little adventure/vacation. There would be a story with the speakers as well.
post #65 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb450r View Post

I will, I know my dealer is real finicky with set up and was hesitant to do a direct A/B between the Cremona and the 7t's on the spot for me because he wouldn't have set up the aerials properly and didn't want to just plop them in next to the Cremona without proper toe in and distancing. He did say give him time and he would be glad to do this but felt it wouldn't be fair to do without a proper set up. I told him if anything I could at least her the sonic differences as well as voicing differences but I would give him the benefit and do it properly. I plan to go back in a week or two.

What was the size of the listensing room? And how far from the back of the wall were the speakers positioned?
post #66 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post

If you really want those speakers and it costs a fortune to ship them over the boarder, I'd recommend taking a nice little vacation somewhere in the states with the Mrs. near an audio place that carries these speakers. Then I'd listen to them, if you love them, buy em and bring em home with you lol. That's just me. I'd see that as an opportunity for a little adventure/vacation. There would be a story with the speakers as well.

If that is a viable options, I would be for it. My wife would not be as accomidating, for the purpose of buying speakers across the border.
post #67 of 92
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerialsound View Post

If that is a viable options, I would be for it. My wife would not be as accomidating, for the purpose of buying speakers across the border.

Don't tell her that part lol. Just say "honey, want to go on a vacation?" Take her out to eat, have a good time, pick up a pair of Aerial 7T's, make some memories, some pictures and come back home lol.
post #68 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post

I read that. I didn't see an actual measurement, he said he estimated the sensitivity would be 86.6db. Is that an actual measurement, or an estimate?

Well, it's both. It's an estimate based on his measurements.
post #69 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerialsound View Post

That is fascinating to hear. When exactly was the conversion over to the original Denmark manufacturer. So he went into production with the china cabinets and reverted back to Denmark maker mid production. My question is how do you know which is which I the resell market?

None went to market. The Chinese cabinets were prototypes. When he inspected them he found they were not up to his standards. Thus he went back to his original cabinet maker in
Denmark. A few years back he tried an American cabinet company and the results were the same they didn't meet his standards. One of the reasons it takes Michael Kelly so long to come to market w/new product is he is never satisfied and he's constantly tweaking to make the speaker better. He does't try to rush anything to market just to have something new. The 7T took over 4 years to develop.
post #70 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitl View Post

Class A
You mention NH, could you elaborate more as being from Canada I'm thinking New Hampshire but somehow I don`t think that`s right. I am leaning very hard towards buying the 7t`s but there are no dealers in Ontario so they would have to brought across the boarder, does anyone have any idea on what the duties and taxes would be for that or any other suggestions would be very welcomed.

The store is Ensemble in Nashua NH. The Website is a little behind but they have the 7T's in the Highend room. Currently their hook up to a Classe CP800 preamp, Classe CA2300 amp and a Clearaudio Concept TT w/the $800 MC phono cart. Sounds really great. No sales tax in NH but I guess you'll have to pay some duty taking them across the border.
post #71 of 92
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post

The store is Ensemble in Nashua NH. The Website is a little behind but they have the 7T's in the Highend room. Currently their hook up to a Classe CP800 preamp, Classe CA2300 amp and a Clearaudio Concept TT w/the $800 MC phono cart. Sounds really great. No sales tax in NH but I guess you'll have to pay some duty taking them across the border.

You know what, thanks a million for posting that lol. They are about 4 and a half hours away from me. I think I'll go down their when it's time to buy the speakers. I can't imagine driving that far just for an audition, I better be coming back with something good lol. So no tax, even for someone that lives in New York? The most heavily taxed land of Bull &$^*#* $&$*((#^^$^#*@%^@&*$* who can stick it in their &%*^#@($(%

Can you get any sort of discount at this place? Do they haggle with you at all, or is the price the price, and that's it?
post #72 of 92
I've always got a 10% discount. Both John and Scott have been very good. Won't try to sell you something you don't need. In fact they have sold me some less expensive items because the higher end product would not be any better. You will save on no sales tax. They have lots of Taxachusetts customers coming over the border to buy. As it says on our car plates Live Free or Die.
post #73 of 92
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post

I've always got a 10% discount. Both John and Scott have been very good. Won't try to sell you something you don't need. In fact they have sold me some less expensive items because the higher end product would not be any better. You will save on no sales tax. They have lots of Taxachusetts customers coming over the border to buy. As it says on our car plates Live Free or Die.

I'm guessing 10% would be the max then. 10% off $9850 (Which I believe is the price) would be $8,865, which would be final price without tax. Seems good to me lol. If I'm traveling that distance, I supposed I might as well wait until I can afford a matching center as well. I got some pennies to save.
post #74 of 92
Sure had to go a long way down to find this thread again. Just wanted to let Class A know that your friend Scott came through and I'm now the proud owner of the 7t's, just have to drive down there in June an pick them up, will be a tough wait
post #75 of 92
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitl View Post

Sure had to go a long way down to find this thread again. Just wanted to let Class A know that your friend Scott came through and I'm now the proud owner of the 7t's, just have to drive down there in June an pick them up, will be a tough wait

wow, why do you have to wait until June???

Congrats anyways! Did you get to audition them or will June when you get them be the first time you hear them?
post #76 of 92
While I was spending the winter in myrtle beach I drove up to a store in Raleigh and was able to listen to them, was sold right away and then had to find someone interested in wanting to sell them, I have to go to Boston in early June so I will pick them on my way home
post #77 of 92
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitl View Post

While I was spending the winter in myrtle beach I drove up to a store in Raleigh and was able to listen to them, was sold right away and then had to find someone interested in wanting to sell them, I have to go to Boston in early June so I will pick them on my way home

Wow awesome! They sounded that good, huh? I'd love to give them a listen. This one is getting stellar reviews, not to mention they are beautiful IMO
post #78 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitl View Post

While I was spending the winter in myrtle beach I drove up to a store in Raleigh and was able to listen to them, was sold right away and then had to find someone interested in wanting to sell them, I have to go to Boston in early June so I will pick them on my way home

Audio Advice in Raleigh, correct? That's where I bought my 7t's. I was auditioning them in early Dec. You didn't happen to be there then? As I was auditioning the speakers, another person came in one night and seemed pretty sold on the speakers. Just wondering if that was you?
post #79 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitl View Post

Sure had to go a long way down to find this thread again. Just wanted to let Class A know that your friend Scott came through and I'm now the proud owner of the 7t's, just have to drive down there in June an pick them up, will be a tough wait

Excellent!! 7T's are fantastic speakers.I agree the tough part will be the wait. Post some pix once you get them set up. Enjoy the music. Glad you had a positive buying experience. I've been dealing w/them for 15yrs.
post #80 of 92
No that wasn't me as I was there in Feb, did they do the demo for you in the room with all the Mark Levenson stuff driving the 7t's, won't be my case. Know all I need is that new center channel speaker that Michael Kelly is designing to match the 7t's, supposed to be end of year or early next year.
post #81 of 92
I should have 3 of the 7Ts next week to put behind my screen. Glad to be joining the 7T club.
post #82 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitl View Post

No that wasn't me as I was there in Feb, did they do the demo for you in the room with all the Mark Levenson stuff driving the 7t's, won't be my case. Know all I need is that new center channel speaker that Michael Kelly is designing to match the 7t's, supposed to be end of year or early next year.

Did he say whether the new 7t will beat out the cc5?
post #83 of 92
I'm sure what it is meant to replace but it will be a timbre match to the 7t's and will be based on the same drives and available in the same finishes
post #84 of 92
Just a quick question, Has anyone had a chance to compare the model 9 to the 7t? Which is superior? what kind of sonic differences separate the two? Which did you prefer in terms of sound,space, & imagining?
post #85 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post

Originally he tried China but he found the work inconsistant and not up to his standards. So he went back to his cabinet maker in Denmark which he has used to make cabinets for his whole speaker line. Michael Kelly is a perfectionist that's why it usually takes him so long to release a new product. But the end results are speakers like 7T's and 20T's. Well worth the wait.

Actually talked to mike the other day. They are made in china for cost reasons and assemble in Ma. Knowing his eye on detail...they are first quality products
post #86 of 92
Do a search...I asked this question a while back on avsforum.
post #87 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitl View Post

While I was spending the winter in myrtle beach I drove up to a store in Raleigh and was able to listen to them, was sold right away and then had to find someone interested in wanting to sell them, I have to go to Boston in early June so I will pick them on my way home

Whitl, Congratulations! Aerial speakers are awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillcup View Post

Audio Advice in Raleigh, correct? That's where I bought my 7t's. I was auditioning them in early Dec. You didn't happen to be there then? As I was auditioning the speakers, another person came in one night and seemed pretty sold on the speakers. Just wondering if that was you?


Gillcup, Congratulations! Stereophile's Class A restricted list...


Quote:
Originally Posted by KRGM1 View Post

I should have 3 of the 7Ts next week to put behind my screen. Glad to be joining the 7T club.

KRGZM1, Congrats! Looking forward to hearing your review as with the above new owners. Not sure there is a better speaker for under 10K!


Cheers,
Jim
post #88 of 92
Any news if they built a matching center for the 7t's - irrefutable match? I want front 3 in my HT to be Aerials or Legacy. No moves yet, but would lean toward the 7t and matching center if confirmed full on match.
post #89 of 92
In my last communication with Michael Kelly, he told that at the moment there is no plans for a matching centre channel for the 7t's, he tells me that the next speaker that will come from aerial sometime next year will be the 6t.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
post #90 of 92
I am so very glad to see all you happy Aerial owners. We seem to be a generally quiet bunch.

To the OP.....I've auditioned the Salk SS12 (not the SS8 unfortunately), the S8's, and own AA 7B's (which I was able to A/B with the S8's). Unfortunately, I have not auditioned the 7T's and want to. While the usual caveat applies, YMMV, I thought the Aerials whooped the S8's, but both were soundly thumped by the Salks. Keep in mind that the Salks I auditioned were the 12's, and would be superior in the bass end to the 8's. But nevertheless, the comparative sound is related in every other way. The SoundScapes were effortless, accurate, coherent play from bottom to top...and I fell in love with their RAAL tweeters. The SS12 audition was my one and only, hypercritical evaluation, where the speakers really did disappear!

If you can, you owe it to yourself to audition the Salks. Their website has an owners/audition list for the U.S.

But I think you're going to be really happy with whatever you're contemplating buying along these lines.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Aerial Acoustics 7T Review on Hometheaterreview.com