or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony KDL-46HX750 & KDL-55HX750 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sony KDL-46HX750 & KDL-55HX750 Owners Thread - Page 14

post #391 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

I am with you on this. The apps on my tv have yet to fail and neither does my Sony Blu ray players apps fail and they are both set to wireless. I am stumped as to why other are having this problem and not me. Guess I am just lucky. Oh and our router is down in our basement and again no problems.

I think it really comes down to the particular layout of the house--the walls, materials, etc., and of course the wireless router. Hard to predict.

Question for other HX750 users. This is from the manual:

Files from a home network device need to be in the following formats:
- Still images: JPEG, MPO
- Music: MP3, linear PCM, WMA, MP4
- Video: AVCHD, MPEG2, MPEG1, MP4 (AVC), MP4 (MPEG4), WMV

What are your experiences playing back video files? Specifically, I'm deciding between getting a Sony camera which creates AVCHD video, and Nikon which creates MP4/MOV. I'm wondering if they both play equally well over the network.
post #392 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckler View Post

I think it really comes down to the particular layout of the house--the walls, materials, etc., and of course the wireless router. Hard to predict.
Question for other HX750 users. This is from the manual:
Files from a home network device need to be in the following formats:
- Still images: JPEG, MPO
- Music: MP3, linear PCM, WMA, MP4
- Video: AVCHD, MPEG2, MPEG1, MP4 (AVC), MP4 (MPEG4), WMV
What are your experiences playing back video files? Specifically, I'm deciding between getting a Sony camera which creates AVCHD video, and Nikon which creates MP4/MOV. I'm wondering if they both play equally well over the network.


To answer your question they should especially the Sony camera....and the Nikon? The tv supports MP4 so there shouldnt be an issue. But dont hold me to this since I havent tried this feature out on the tv yet. I would get the Sony camera myself because Sony products seem to work smoothly together with no issues....that I do know for sure.
post #393 of 1878
Pulled the trigger last night on the 55HX750. Should be here on the 31st. smile.gif
post #394 of 1878
New member here! I got the 46" HX750 a week ago through the Sony replacement program. I had a 42" dlp projection that was solid and stayed with the Sony line.

Having changed from the DLP projection set... which had great sound... what do you all have for your sound settings just coming through the tv itself?
what changes with relation to setting the sound to tv stand vs. wall mount? I have mine set to tv stand...because it's on a tv stand... but what changes if I were to set it to wall mount?
Does it change the direction of the sound output or something? Just curious. I know that the Picture settings have been discussed extensively but what about Sound settings?

Also I'm considering the Ct-ht150 soundbar OR going with the STR-DH520 receiver. Both have the HDMI ARC connection that I'm very interested in so that I can eliminate all the Sony remotes I have between the sony blu ray player, tv, and soon sound system.
post #395 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerburke View Post

Pulled the trigger last night on the 55HX750. Should be here on the 31st. smile.gif


Congrats and I hope you like it as well as I love mine.
post #396 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbuilder42 View Post

New member here! I got the 46" HX750 a week ago through the Sony replacement program. I had a 42" dlp projection that was solid and stayed with the Sony line.
Having changed from the DLP projection set... which had great sound... what do you all have for your sound settings just coming through the tv itself?
what changes with relation to setting the sound to tv stand vs. wall mount? I have mine set to tv stand...because it's on a tv stand... but what changes if I were to set it to wall mount?
Does it change the direction of the sound output or something? Just curious. I know that the Picture settings have been discussed extensively but what about Sound settings?
Also I'm considering the Ct-ht150 soundbar OR going with the STR-DH520 receiver. Both have the HDMI ARC connection that I'm very interested in so that I can eliminate all the Sony remotes I have between the sony blu ray player, tv, and soon sound system.


Right now I have to listen to my tv speakers due to my AVR crapping out on me but hopefully my new one will be here in 2 weeks. That being said I have my tv's speakers set to standard which is basic for home use. They are not bad but its something I dont like either. I'm to used to a surround sound system and a tv like this needs a surround sound system so I cant wait until I get my AVR in 2 weeks and you guessed it folks its a Sony!
post #397 of 1878
I know some have posted that the 'Clear' motionflow is awesome. But it does darken the picture some. If you want to have motionflow set to Clear...what would be the best way to brighten back up the picture? Would you go with cranking up the backlight or the brightness setting?

Also I toyed with the changing the sound setting to 'wall mount' and it definitely changed the nature of the sound. It made it seem like the sound was coming out the top of the TV as opposed to the bottom. I couldn't tell if I liked this setting any better than the 'TV stand' setting... but it was something to note.
Edited by boatbuilder42 - 10/29/12 at 8:19am
post #398 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbuilder42 View Post

I know some have posted that the 'Clear' motionflow is awesome. But it does darken the picture some. If you want to have motionflow set to Clear...what would be the best way to brighten back up the picture? Would you go with cranking up the backlight or the brightness setting?
Also I toyed with the changing the sound setting to 'wall mount' and it definitely changed the nature of the sound. It made it seem like the sound was coming out the top of the TV as opposed to the bottom. I couldn't tell if I liked this setting any better than the 'TV stand' setting... but it was something to note.


If you have motionflow set to clear then my bet would be to turn up the brightness setting to your likeing and leave the backlight to minimum. To your second comment about the sound....I have mine set to "Tv Stand". I dont really think the sound is really that good set to either one really and its not bad but I really need to get my AVR and soon and I cant wait for it to show up in 2 weeks. This is not the tv's fault because you cant really expect great sound from ANY flat screen tv, they just aint built for that. A top of the line tv like the HX750 needs a good AVR to compliment it.
post #399 of 1878
hows the off angle viewing?
post #400 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danediz View Post

hows the off angle viewing?


The off angle viewing is excellent.....a hell of alot better then a CCFL HDTV for sure.
post #401 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

The off angle viewing is excellent.....a hell of alot better then a CCFL HDTV for sure.


Wow thats good to hear. I currently have a d6000 samsung and the viewing angle is garbage. I just went and looked at the hx750 in person and like it a lot. Hows input lag for gaming in game mode? Are black levels really as bad as cnet says?
post #402 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

The off angle viewing is excellent.....a hell of alot better then a CCFL HDTV for sure.

I must disagree here. At best my off angle viewing is on par with my 2007 Bravia LCD. It could be due to the fact that straight ahead viewing is sometimes the best image I've seen on a set, but nevertheless...
post #403 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danediz View Post

Wow thats good to hear. I currently have a d6000 samsung and the viewing angle is garbage. I just went and looked at the hx750 in person and like it a lot. Hows input lag for gaming in game mode? Are black levels really as bad as cnet says?

Black levels are average unless you keep the Contrast Enhancer and Black Corrector active as they are on the default setting, at which point they are superb IMO. This has been up for debate on this forum.

In game mode on my PS3 I've never gamed on a better looking or more responsive set. Can't wait to get a Wii U on this thing next month and give Nintendo TVii a go! cool.gif http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08O0G9CjcI8
post #404 of 1878
Well viewing angles are pretty horrific on my samsung. If the 55" drops any lower than 1499 i may jump on it. I had the nx720 for awhile but took it back and still regretting it as its no longer available. It appears samsung has taken a dive.
post #405 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danediz View Post

Wow thats good to hear. I currently have a d6000 samsung and the viewing angle is garbage. I just went and looked at the hx750 in person and like it a lot. Hows input lag for gaming in game mode? Are black levels really as bad as cnet says?


Gaming mode is excellent and as far as Cnet goes? I used to really respect their reviews but it seems to me that anything Sony puts out these days Cnet dont like or complains about in some fashion. No the blacks are not as bad as Cnet makes them out to be. If the product is other then Sony Cnet likes it, they have an axe to grinde with Sony for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboi352 View Post

Black levels are average unless you keep the Contrast Enhancer and Black Corrector active as they are on the default setting, at which point they are superb IMO. This has been up for debate on this forum.
In game mode on my PS3 I've never gamed on a better looking or more responsive set. Can't wait to get a Wii U on this thing next month and give Nintendo TVii a go! cool.gif http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08O0G9CjcI8

I disagree with you on this gator. I have my ACE off and Black Corrector set to low and the blacks are much better then average, I would say ALOT better but to each is own gator. No problem on disagreeing from time to time wink.gif. Other then that I will agree with you on the gaming mode. My freind brought his PS3 over the other day and I was stunned on how good it is on the HX750 for gaming. After I saw how it performed I may just have to get a PS3!
post #406 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danediz View Post

Well viewing angles are pretty horrific on my samsung. If the 55" drops any lower than 1499 i may jump on it. I had the nx720 for awhile but took it back and still regretting it as its no longer available. It appears samsung has taken a dive.


Your right Samsung HAS taken a dive. My saying for Samsung is: Beautiful on the outside but garbage on the inside! I have no love for Samsung's product's or customer service but thats just me.
post #407 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danediz View Post

Well viewing angles are pretty horrific on my samsung. If the 55" drops any lower than 1499 i may jump on it. I had the nx720 for awhile but took it back and still regretting it as its no longer available. It appears samsung has taken a dive.
i'd say grab it now while it's 1499.99 and bundling with a free soundbar
post #408 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth tha boss View Post

i'd say grab it now while it's 1499.99 and bundling with a free soundbar


I agree with that. To bad they didnt offer the free sound bar with mine when I got it back on Sept 25th. Sure could use it right now frown.gif. Oh well my Sony AVR should be here in 2 weeks.
post #409 of 1878
Is there any way to set the sleep timer on the 55HX750 without going thru the menu to clocks:timers? No sleep button on remote. Maybe a programmable button?
post #410 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhseven View Post

Is there any way to set the sleep timer on the 55HX750 without going thru the menu to clocks:timers? No sleep button on remote. Maybe a programmable button?


No way that I know of......sorry.
post #411 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth tha boss View Post

i'd say grab it now while it's 1499.99 and bundling with a free soundbar

I may do that it just depends. I may wait till next year and suffer with my Samsung D6000 for another year. I dont really have the money to buy a new tv right now but I sure would like to. I dont think I would get much out of my 55D6000 if I sold it locally prolly only 500-800. I guess I could buy the Sony and if I truly love it, I could worry about selling the samsung. It sucks, I want to love my samsung so bad since I am stuck with it, but I cant even sit on the side of my living room without losing picture quality. frown.gif Wish the 1499 price was around when I was still within my 90 days. sighhh.
post #412 of 1878
Can the TV play .mkv files off of USB? I have a 40" ES6100 and use that feature daily. I'm thinking about getting the 46" HX750.
post #413 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by baboyizm View Post

Can the TV play .mkv files off of USB? I have a 40" ES6100 and use that feature daily. I'm thinking about getting the 46" HX750.

I dont believe it does but that alone shouldnt stop you from buying it. Its a excellent tv.
post #414 of 1878
I have a question that seemed to have presented earlier in this thread but I'm not sure if it was fully answered. How does the Scene select relate to Picture Mode?

I'm not sure how these two settings actually "Play" with each other? Also in the scene select do you guys use the Auto Or Auto 24hz setting??
I've been playing with the PQ settings the past few nights and I finally landed on the Detail enhancer being set to 'Medium'. I noticed on some sport channels that use graphics when showing scores or other "banner" type scenes, that this setting allows the graphic to "pop". Most of the reviews turn every feature to "Off". I prefer the picture to have pop to it and turning on these features I have found give that pronunciation to the picture I'm seeking.

What other settings do you guys prefer to leave "On" or a setting of low, medium, high? I also leave the black corrector set to "low".
post #415 of 1878
I had the Sony NX720 and I too liked to have detail enhancer on. This was when I was watching hd cable though which obviously is only 720p. I took the set back before ever tinkering with settings while watching many blu rays. Oh boy how I wish I had kept it. It had absolutely no flash lighting or banding frown.gif what was i thinking!?
post #416 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danediz View Post

I had the Sony NX720 and I too liked to have detail enhancer on. This was when I was watching hd cable though which obviously is only 720p. I took the set back before ever tinkering with settings while watching many blu rays. Oh boy how I wish I had kept it. It had absolutely no flash lighting or banding frown.gif what was i thinking!?


I have my Detail Enhancer set to Medium. Dont keep worrying about the set you returned because we all make mistakes To bad you couldnt get the HX750 because it would make you forget about the NX720 really fast. I love my tv to death. PQ, Black levels, 3D you name it it knocks everything you play on it out of the park. The HX850 and HX750 have to be the best tv's made by Sony in years.
post #417 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

I have my Detail Enhancer set to Medium. Dont keep worrying about the set you returned because we all make mistakes To bad you couldnt get the HX750 because it would make you forget about the NX720 really fast. I love my tv to death. PQ, Black levels, 3D you name it it knocks everything you play on it out of the park. The HX850 and HX750 have to be the best tv's made by Sony in years.

I may still look into it. I posted an ad on craigslist for my D6000. If it sells im gonna jump on the HX750.
post #418 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danediz View Post

I may still look into it. I posted an ad on craigslist for my D6000. If it sells im gonna jump on the HX750.


How much are you selling your D6000 for? If you decide to move on the HX750 you wont regrett it. Just watched a 3D Blu ray tonight......Avatar........and damn the 3D on my HX750 rocks. Also caught some of Thursday night football and the tv brings out the fine detail I never saw on my Sony KDL46V5100. The tv is amazing.
post #419 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

How much are you selling your D6000 for? If you decide to move on the HX750 you wont regrett it. Just watched a 3D Blu ray tonight......Avatar........and damn the 3D on my HX750 rocks. Also caught some of Thursday night football and the tv brings out the fine detail I never saw on my Sony KDL46V5100. The tv is amazing.


I will ask 1000 since it is going for 1500 on amazon. I also know I will get some low ball offers and will probably take 800 cash to be away from it. I paid 1098 for it last black friday hehe.
post #420 of 1878
I'm starting to think that steve sells these for a living LOL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony KDL-46HX750 & KDL-55HX750 Owners Thread