or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony KDL-46HX750 & KDL-55HX750 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sony KDL-46HX750 & KDL-55HX750 Owners Thread - Page 18

post #511 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboi352 View Post

Look guys Steve loves his 750, let the man love his 750. No need to "run him off".
My cousin owns the 640 and my mom has the 850. Based on what I've seen out of the 3 sets, having viewed all of them at night and IMO only:
640 and 750 are neck and neck PQ wise. The 750 just "looks" like a higher quality of a set with a nicer looking bezel around the frame and a more matte finished panel. PQ was almost the same from what I saw. The menu interface wasn't as nice on the 640 though.
The 850 IMO only was a markedly better looking set compared to my 750. There are moments where my 750 looks downright stunning, especially when gaming, but the 850 ALWAYS looks stunning from what I've seen. I've yet to spot a flaw with it.
Keep in mind, this is only based off of 1 640, 2 750s (I'm on my second) and 1 850. Your mileage may vary.

Which is fine, but speaking rubbish because you love your tv is a little sad.

He can say based on a shop viewing that the 750 and 850 are equal, but the suggestion the 640 is better, god forbid.

The 750 dims the whole screen on a dark scene, the 850 has zones it can dim for better accuracy and deeper blacks on mixed contrast scene. Its likely Sony used a different panel in the 640 as it has no led dynamic control so relies on the panels native contrast.

Aaron
post #512 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post

Which is fine, but speaking rubbish because you love your tv is a little sad.
He can say based on a shop viewing that the 750 and 850 are equal, but the suggestion the 640 is better, god forbid.
The 750 dims the whole screen on a dark scene, the 850 has zones it can dim for better accuracy and deeper blacks on mixed contrast scene. Its likely Sony used a different panel in the 640 as it has no led dynamic control so relies on the panels native contrast.
Aaron


First Aaron lets get one thing clear and correct and that is the HX850 does NOT use zones that dim the LED's for better accuracy as you say. It has the SAME feature the HX750 uses to dim the LED's and after reading your little explanation I brought this up to my freind Scott at Sony and he confirmed it so dont go saying something that aint true unless you have the facts to back it up. And trust me I can back up the facts. Second you wanna say the 640 is better then "god forbid" thats your opinion and your entitled to it. Third Sony did use a different panel in the 640 but it has nothing to do with Dynamic Control because thats a whole seperate chip they use and dont have anything to do with the panel they put in the tv. Again I have facts that I can back it up with. Lastly....yes I love my tv but let me make thing clear to you and everyone else and thats that no rubbish as you call it has been spoken here. What is sad is when guys like you interject themselves in a conversation you have nothing to do with. Then condemn a person for likeing something. Now thats rubbish!



And to gator? Its gonna take more then some crap spewed by a person who "thinks" he knows something about a certain set of tv's to run me off.

mad.gif
post #513 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

First Aaron lets get one thing clear and correct and that is the HX850 does NOT use zones that dim the LED's for better accuracy as you say. It has the SAME feature the HX750 uses to dim the LED's and after reading your little explanation I brought this up to my freind Scott at Sony and he confirmed it so dont go saying something that aint true unless you have the facts to back it up. And trust me I can back up the facts. Second you wanna say the 640 is better then "god forbid" thats your opinion and your entitled to it. Third Sony did use a different panel in the 640 but it has nothing to do with Dynamic Control because thats a whole seperate chip they use and dont have anything to do with the panel they put in the tv. Again I have facts that I can back it up with. Lastly....yes I love my tv but let me make thing clear to you and everyone else and thats that no rubbish as you call it has been spoken here. What is sad is when guys like you interject themselves in a conversation you have nothing to do with. Then condemn a person for likeing something. Now thats rubbish!
And to gator? Its gonna take more then some crap spewed by a person who "thinks" he knows something about a certain set of tv's to run me off.
mad.gif

I think some one needs to use Google and chill out. cool.gif

http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Sony-Bravia-HX853-KDL-55HX853-46HX853-40HX853-3D-LED-LCD-TV-Review_306/Review.html

Quote from said review.
Quote:
With or without the local dimming LED Dynamic Control being used. Sony have simplified their local dimming techniques this year and it’s certainly better than last year’s mediocre attempts. The 55KDL-HX853 utilises 8 dimming zones running horizontally across the panel. On the face of it that doesn’t sound very many but as the dimming works from both left and right sides, you can effectively double that number.

Sony site...

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/lcd-television/benefits/tv-picture-quality/article/led-backlighting

Now note frame dimming? Look what it says for the HX75 under features? Shocker

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tv-117-46-lcd/kdl-46hx753/features#tab

For clarity both the HX750 and HX850 have dynamic edge led, but the HX750 uses frame dimming while the HX850 uses local dimming. Its there in black and white.

Now this isn't for you Steve because for whatever reason you have a chip on your shoulder, not sure if it's the fact you bought the wrong tv or that you don't like being wrong, which I can't help, but what I can help is rubbish being spread.

Aaron
post #514 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post

I think some one needs to use Google and chill out. cool.gif
http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Sony-Bravia-HX853-KDL-55HX853-46HX853-40HX853-3D-LED-LCD-TV-Review_306/Review.html
Quote from said review.
Sony site...
http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/lcd-television/benefits/tv-picture-quality/article/led-backlighting
Now note frame dimming? Look what it says for the HX75 under features? Shocker
http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tv-117-46-lcd/kdl-46hx753/features#tab
For clarity both the HX750 and HX850 have dynamic edge led, but the HX750 uses frame dimming while the HX850 uses local dimming. Its there in black and white.
Now this isn't for you Steve because for whatever reason you have a chip on your shoulder, not sure if it's the fact you bought the wrong tv or that you don't like being wrong, which I can't help, but what I can help is rubbish being spread.
Aaron


(Sigh) First I dont have a chip on my shoulder and second I bought the right tv and 3rd if I am wrong I will say I am wrong. But the HX850 does not use local dimming, that only applies to full array LED sets and Sony has admitted to to an error on letting people think that the HX850 uses local dimming and according to my freind at Sony that error has been corrected in print and otherwise. But whatever. I am not going to argue anymore about it because its not worth it. Its a tv for gods sake and I am not going to lose any sleep on who's right and who's wrong. You want to believe your right Aaron then more power to you...congradulations now go spread the word. Me? I am going to to just sit back and laugh this whole thing off and enjoy life and my HT setup.
post #515 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by englechgc View Post

That's the "wifi direct" feature. I wonder, do you have a sony laptop? I haven't played around with it yet, but always wondered what the caveat of support was, and whether it was based on vaio products or whatever.1.gif


My wife and I have an Acer laptop and the "wifi direct" feature works just fine so no its not based on just Viao laptops
post #516 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

(Sigh) First I dont have a chip on my shoulder and second I bought the right tv and 3rd if I am wrong I will say I am wrong. But the HX850 does not use local dimming, that only applies to full array LED sets and Sony has admitted to to an error on letting people think that the HX850 uses local dimming and according to my freind at Sony that error has been corrected in print and otherwise. But whatever. I am not going to argue anymore about it because its not worth it. Its a tv for gods sake and I am not going to lose any sleep on who's right and who's wrong. You want to believe your right Aaron then more power to you...congradulations now go spread the word. Me? I am going to to just sit back and laugh this whole thing off and enjoy life and my HT setup.

Sony reps are salesmen, nothing more nothing less. If i am on a blank input on my HX850 i can see the zones working and the zones that are off. This naive misconception that only full array led sets have local dimming is wrong. Ok it doesn't have the 108 zones of the HX950 but it has more the the zero of the HX750.

But anyway will enjoy my 55HX850 and the local dimming and you enjoy your HX750.

Aaron
post #517 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post

Sony reps are salesmen, nothing more nothing less. If i am on a blank input on my HX850 i can see the zones working and the zones that are off. This naive misconception that only full array led sets have local dimming is wrong. Ok it doesn't have the 108 zones of the HX950 but it has more the the zero of the HX750.
But anyway will enjoy my 55HX850 and the local dimming and you enjoy your HX750.
Aaron


Ok Aaron you enjoy your "local dimming" HX850 and I will enjoy my HX750 with Edge Lit dimming. Either way you look at it they are both excellent tv's that do what they are supposed to do and thats all that matters and I HOPE you would agree at least on that. Now lets call it a truce and move on.
post #518 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

Ok Aaron you enjoy your "local dimming" HX850 and I will enjoy my HX750 with Edge Lit dimming. Either way you look at it they are both excellent tv's that do what they are supposed to do and thats all that matters and I HOPE you would agree at least on that. Now lets call it a truce and move on.

Lol i am sorry it's my ocd.

But yes i can agree with you on that.
post #519 of 1878
Just about to take the plunge with the 55" HX750 ater heaps of research. A couple of final queries though for those with experience:

1. How does it handle sport - any blurring at all?
2. How do SD broadcasts appear?

Many thanks
post #520 of 1878
SD cable looks great to me. I think the tv has a built in upscaler. Can't comment on sports, but have read many sources that state that Sony has one of the better motion enhancers.
Edited by lucidream - 11/21/12 at 10:52am
post #521 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsmithy View Post

Just about to take the plunge with the 55" HX750 ater heaps of research. A couple of final queries though for those with experience:
1. How does it handle sport - any blurring at all?
2. How do SD broadcasts appear?
Many thanks


After watching some SD channels last night I had to change my opinion on how SD broadcast channels look on my tv. They do look good at least a lot better then they did on my V5100. I dont like SD anymore period and I wish they would do away with it but unfortunatley they cant. As for how it handles Sports? All I know is I love watching football, Basketball and Baseball on my tv. I notice no blurring at all. I think you would like what you see on the HX750.
post #522 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

After watching some SD channels last night I had to change my opinion on how SD broadcast channels look on my tv. They do look good at least a lot better then they did on my V5100. I dont like SD anymore period and I wish they would do away with it but unfortunatley they cant. As for how it handles Sports? All I know is I love watching football, Basketball and Baseball on my tv. I notice no blurring at all. I think you would like what you see on the HX750.

Agreed. Sports looks phenomenal on this set, especially the ESPN feed.
post #523 of 1878
ESPN....Pretty much all the sports channels look good on the HX750. Havent seen better yet. Can you imagin what sports would looks like on Sony's new big boy.......the 4K tv? Holy cow.
post #524 of 1878
Hi all.

I'm new with the HX750, which I Love.

But the fact is that in my set, there is also flashlighting, not as hard aswith some sets seen in photos round here, but flashlighting in any case.

I'm thinking on changing it for a new one, but I don't know what to do, just because it could be worse.

Are there sets, those appart form steve one ;-), flashlighting free?
Do they fade away with time?
Any way to make them decrease, apart from minimize backlight?

It is mainly visible when screen is black, and at night, in other case its almost impossible to notice it out.
post #525 of 1878
Hey Steve, legitimate question here.

Under Picture settings - Advanced options, do you have a setting called LED Dynamic Control?

Aaron
post #526 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by decine View Post

Hi all.
I'm new with the HX750, which I Love.
But the fact is that in my set, there is also flashlighting, not as hard aswith some sets seen in photos round here, but flashlighting in any case.
I'm thinking on changing it for a new one, but I don't know what to do, just because it could be worse.
Are there sets, those appart form steve one ;-), flashlighting free?
Do they fade away with time?
Any way to make them decrease, apart from minimize backlight?
It is mainly visible when screen is black, and at night, in other case its almost impossible to notice it out.


Hey decine,

With time flash lighting will go away at least it did with my old Sony V5100 and sometimes's not. I have read on some websites where people actually massaged the area where there was flashlighting and it went away or they fiddled with the screws on the back of the tv and that solved the problem. Or you can turn down the backlight which alot of people do as well. You can return it but like you said you may end up with a set thats worse or you may not. Its your call on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post

Hey Steve, legitimate question here.
Under Picture settings - Advanced options, do you have a setting called LED Dynamic Control?
Aaron


Just checked my tv for that buddy and yes it has a feature called LED Dynamic Control under Advanced Options. Good question.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone by the way!
post #527 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

Hey decine,
With time flash lighting will go away at least it did with my old Sony V5100 and sometimes's not. I have read on some websites where people actually massaged the area where there was flashlighting and it went away or they fiddled with the screws on the back of the tv and that solved the problem. Or you can turn down the backlight which alot of people do as well. You can return it but like you said you may end up with a set thats worse or you may not. Its your call on that.
Just checked my tv for that buddy and yes it has a feature called LED Dynamic Control under Advanced Options. Good question.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone by the way!

Thanks Steve, that's interesting. Do you have 3 options ie off - low and standard? If so its very effective at improving black levels and reducing any edge bleed. I know you say you don't have any edge bleed though (you lucky devil) btw still if you don't have it on its really worth trying.

Happy thanks giving. : )

Aaron
post #528 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by decine View Post

Hi all.
I'm new with the HX750, which I Love.
But the fact is that in my set, there is also flashlighting, not as hard aswith some sets seen in photos round here, but flashlighting in any case.
I'm thinking on changing it for a new one, but I don't know what to do, just because it could be worse.
Are there sets, those appart form steve one ;-), flashlighting free?
Do they fade away with time?
Any way to make them decrease, apart from minimize backlight?
It is mainly visible when screen is black, and at night, in other case its almost impossible to notice it out.


Hey decine,

With time flash lighting will go away at least it did with my old Sony V5100 and sometimes's not. I have read on some websites where people actually massaged the area where there was flashlighting and it went away or they fiddled with the screws on the back of the tv and that solved the problem. Or you can turn down the backlight which alot of people do as well. You can return it but like you said you may end up with a set thats worse or you may not. Its your call on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post

Hey Steve, legitimate question here.
Under Picture settings - Advanced options, do you have a setting called LED Dynamic Control?
Aaron


Just checked my tv for that buddy and yes it has a feature called LED Dynamic Control under Advanced Options. Good question.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone by the way!

Massage the area!!!
I've also read about that but it seems crazy!tongue.gif

If it will fade with time it will be great. I've also read about playing with screws but I'll prefer not touch them for warranty

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk
post #529 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post

Thanks Steve, that's interesting. Do you have 3 options ie off - low and standard? If so its very effective at improving black levels and reducing any edge bleed. I know you say you don't have any edge bleed though (you lucky devil) btw still if you don't have it on its really worth trying.
Happy thanks giving. : )
Aaron

I'll check it out tonight.

I'm still curious what the difference is between the HX750 and the EX640 in terms of dimming. The HX750 is frame dimming with dynamic edge led, and the EX640 is frame dimming with edge led. What's the actual difference?

I have a theory that the EX640 is the same panel as the HX750, with a crappy computer, whereas the HX750 is the EX640 panel with the HX850 computer. Part of that theory is the inability to differentiate the above, and the only clear differences between the HX750 and the EX640 is the case and the computer based features. Dunno if 3d negates that theory (ie. is it hardware or software based).

edit: to the guy with flashlighting, update your firmware and see if that makes a difference
post #530 of 1878
Im scared to get this tv lol. i really am gonna use it for mostly gaming. ive tried 2 tvs from sharp n samsung and they both had input lag although it was small. i just need none at all. cod is so hard to play even with the smallest lag
post #531 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post

Thanks Steve, that's interesting. Do you have 3 options ie off - low and standard? If so its very effective at improving black levels and reducing any edge bleed. I know you say you don't have any edge bleed though (you lucky devil) btw still if you don't have it on its really worth trying.
Happy thanks giving. : )
Aaron

Hey Aaron I have mine set to low and yes its worth having on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin21 View Post

Im scared to get this tv lol. i really am gonna use it for mostly gaming. ive tried 2 tvs from sharp n samsung and they both had input lag although it was small. i just need none at all. cod is so hard to play even with the smallest lag

I'll tell you something right now and thats that the HX750 is excellent for gaming. Another thing that the HX750 does really well is Blu ray and 3D. The PQ rocks like hell not to mention watching sports on it.
post #532 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

Hey Aaron I have mine set to low and yes its worth having on.

I can't find the LED dynamic control on my HX750 frown.gif

It's between Gamma and Auto Light Limiter?

Have you got it Gator?
post #533 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

These are the settings I am using on my 46HX750 and they really seem to fit my tv well. If anyone wants to give them a try on their tv here they are. I used them because I trust the CalMAN settings, It did wonders for my old Bravia 46V5100 as far PQ and black levels are concerned.
Software used for calibration: Spectracal CalMAN Pro V4.6.3
Source Generator: Sencore VP403
Meter: Sencore OTC1000
Reference Metere: i1Pro
Picture Adjustments:
Picture Mode Custom
Backlight: +5
Picture Mode: MAX
Brightness: +51
Color: +55
Hue: G1
Color Temperature: Warm2
Sharpness: +10
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Dot Noise Reduction: Off
MotionFlow Reduction: Off
CineMotion Reduction: Off
Screen Adjustment
Setting Memory: Current Input
Wide Mode: Off
Auto Wide: Off
4:3 Default: Off
Auto Display Area: Off
Display Area: Full Pixel
Screen Position:
Vertical Size: 0
White Balance:
R-Gain 0
G-Gain: 0
B-Gain: 0
B-Gain: 0
R-Bias: -1
G-Bias: 0
B-Bias: 0
Advance Settings
Black Corrector: Off
Adv. Contrast Enhancer: Off
Gamma: Off
Auto Light Limiter: Off
Clear White: Off
Live Color: Off
White Balance: Off
Detail Enhancer: Off
Edge Enhancer: Off
Skin Naturalizer: Off
i/p conversion Preference: Quality
Measured Contrast (with OTC1000)
100 IRE (Y): 57.0157
0 IRE (Y) 0.023
RATIO (x:1) 24789.9435

No mention of LED dynamic control in your settings Oo

edit: or anyone else's settings in this thread, for that matter
edit2: don't mean to call you out or anything, think its an honest mistake
Edited by lucidream - 11/22/12 at 11:11pm
post #534 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

Just checked my tv for that buddy and yes it has a feature called LED Dynamic Control under Advanced Options.

Thanks Steve, that's interesting. Do you have 3 options ie off - low and standard?

I've looked for it under Options/Picture/Advanced Settings.
But I just have:
Black Corrector, Adv. Contrast Enhancer, Gamma, Auto Light Limiter, Clear White, Live Colour, White Balance, Detail Enhancer, Edge Enhancer (and skin naturalizer or i/p conversion preference disabled)

I can't find LED Dynamic Control anywhere!!!


Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk
post #535 of 1878
Sorry guys my mistake. I dont have the Dynamic LED Light Control. I confused it with another feature on my tv. Just took a look again this morning. Oh well I dont think the tv needs it anyway. Again sorry guys for the confusion, my mistake. I guess I should try and look harder next time.
post #536 of 1878
Trying to use a soundbar (non Sony) with my HX750. I connected it using the optical digital audio output from the TV. When I go to Options, Speakers, and change from TV speakers to Audio System, I get no sound to the soundbar. How do I disable the TV speakers and still get audio output for the soundbar? Right now I have to leave the TV speakers active and turn their volume down to 0.
post #537 of 1878
Hi there, for those wondering how to turn the dynamic edge led option on, I think I may have found the solution? After searching the Internet and getting no where I stumbled on the answer through the Sony website.

See link provided-

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-40HX753/tips-and-solutions

This is for the European model but is exactly the same tv apart from the last digit!

Hope this helps some people out there because I know this had been bugging the hell out of me!
Edited by Danjen22 - 11/25/12 at 6:58am
post #538 of 1878
Hi there, for those wondering how turn the the dynamic edge led option on I think I may have found the solution? After searching the Internet and getting no where I stumbled on the answer through the Sony site!

How to use Dynamic Edge LED?

Dynamic Edge LED works when [Adv. Contrast Enhancer] is set "High", "Medium" or "Low"
The setting menu is as follows.

[Home]-->[Display]-->[Picture]-->[Picture Mode]-->[Advanced Settings]-->[Adv. Contrast Enhancer]
or
[Option]-->[Picture]-->[Picture Mode]-->[Advanced Settings]-->[Adv. Contrast Enhancer]

Return back to ( KDL-40HX753 ) Tips and solutions


This is for the European model but is exactly the same tv apart from the last digit!

Hope this helps some people out there because I know this had been bugging the hell out of me!

On a side note- I've tried to post a link to the Sony site but it seems to think that the link does not exist so I have copy and pasted the page!
post #539 of 1878
Best Buy just swapped out my 55EX710 with the 55HX750. I have a Sony STR-DH710 receiver. When I had the EX710 and used the receiver remote to switch between inputs (like TV to HDMI1) the receiver would change both the audio and the video from one source to the other.

Now, with the HX750, it only changes the audio. I have to use the TV remote to change the input in order to switch the video content.

I have "high speed" hdmi cables, I didn't change any settings on the receiver, I did set up the Bravia Sync through the TV (got the "Connected" response on the receiver), I am connected to HDMI1 (ARC).

Can anyone offer any insight on this? I'm really stumped.
post #540 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjen22 View Post

Hi there, for those wondering how turn the the dynamic edge led option on I think I may have found the solution? After searching the Internet and getting no where I stumbled on the answer through the Sony site!
How to use Dynamic Edge LED?
Dynamic Edge LED works when [Adv. Contrast Enhancer] is set "High", "Medium" or "Low"
The setting menu is as follows.
[Home]-->[Display]-->[Picture]-->[Picture Mode]-->[Advanced Settings]-->[Adv. Contrast Enhancer]
or
[Option]-->[Picture]-->[Picture Mode]-->[Advanced Settings]-->[Adv. Contrast Enhancer]
Return back to ( KDL-40HX753 ) Tips and solutions
This is for the European model but is exactly the same tv apart from the last digit!
Hope this helps some people out there because I know this had been bugging the hell out of me!
On a side note- I've tried to post a link to the Sony site but it seems to think that the link does not exist so I have copy and pasted the page!

Problem is this only works on a dark image, so any other type of scene with mixed contrast won't dim the leds.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony KDL-46HX750 & KDL-55HX750 Owners Thread