or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony KDL-46HX750 & KDL-55HX750 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sony KDL-46HX750 & KDL-55HX750 Owners Thread - Page 28

post #811 of 1878
Where have you gotten with that gator?

I still only get about one reboot a week. Consistently, but not escalating.

PS. thoughts on the panasonic: ultimately the consumer pays for the components that go into a tv. I would rather pay for a panel than for a case...
post #812 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboi352 View Post

Correct smile.gif

Sorry Steve, I was just playing nice/dumb in my case. Like I said before "Local Dimming" is either the worst name for a feature on this set, or this set does not have what Sony deems as being "Local Dimming".

I forget who all it was many many many pages ago on here (and I'm too lazy to look it up) but they argued back and forth, despite oogles of evidence to the contrary, that the 750 did indeed locally dim specific sections of the screen just like the 850 and above. It clearly does not.

EDIT: Still a nice set though! As long as I keep a few lamps on in the living room, this set looks almost flawless. The random rebooting on the other hand.... smile.gif

Hey gator, no harm no foul, all is good buddy. Came from best buy just a few minutes ago. All their HX750's and 850's were sold out! Also the sales person told me that the 750 is local dimming? I told him he was wrong and he said no I am wrong! Whatever!!!!!
post #813 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post



Hey gator, no harm no foul, all is good buddy. Came from best buy just a few minutes ago. All their HX750's and 850's were sold out! Also the sales person told me that the 750 is local dimming? I told him he was wrong and he said no I am wrong! Whatever!!!!!

Haha love it "Whatever" lol

I believe it was me and Steve, Gator. though we kissed and made up, so to speak ; )
post #814 of 1878
Hello everyone. I just joined the AVS Forum today. I've been home with the flu for a couple days and have just read all 28 pages of this thread. It has been very helpful in considering the KDL-55HX750. After looking at various lcd tvs over the holidays I narrowed my choice down to Sharps and Sonys. The main reason is I have a large family room with lots of windows, lights and a large opening to the kitchen with more lights. This Sony and the Sharp 847u look pretty good but have matte screens to minimize all of the reflections. The Sony looked better in the store than the Sharp plus I currently have a Sony KDL-46W4100 that I have had for 4 years that I was happy with. Unfortunately, a vertical line appeared about an inch from the very right. It's not really noticable but I was looking for an excuse to get an new set. I also liked the Sony HX850 but it has gorilla glass and is priced a little too high. The guy at Best Buy said it had an anti-reflective coating that should help minimize the glare and the HX750 kind of had a semi matte and the Sharp had more of a full matte. In the store it looked like the HX850 had more glare than the HX750 and the Sharp was in a different room with brighter lights. Anyone have any thoughts on this? It was difficult watching a tube tv in this room years ago and I will buy the Sharp if it has less glare. Thanks
post #815 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post

Haha love it "Whatever" lol

I believe it was me and Steve, Gator. though we kissed and made up, so to speak ; )
.

Holy crap Aaron that was us? LOL Man that was pages ago now wasn't it? 2 things happened. 1 was Aaron was right so to speak and 2 we became good friends. ;-)
post #816 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

.

Holy crap Aaron that was us? LOL Man that was pages ago now wasn't it? 2 things happened. 1 was Aaron was right so to speak and 2 we became good friends. ;-)

It sure was mate, it does seem like a long time ago now. It's funny how things turn around to us now being good friends : )
post #817 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by loverotties View Post

Hello everyone. I just joined the AVS Forum today. I've been home with the flu for a couple days and have just read all 28 pages of this thread. It has been very helpful in considering the KDL-55HX750. After looking at various lcd tvs over the holidays I narrowed my choice down to Sharps and Sonys. The main reason is I have a large family room with lots of windows, lights and a large opening to the kitchen with more lights. This Sony and the Sharp 847u look pretty good but have matte screens to minimize all of the reflections. The Sony looked better in the store than the Sharp plus I currently have a Sony KDL-46W4100 that I have had for 4 years that I was happy with. Unfortunately, a vertical line appeared about an inch from the very right. It's not really noticable but I was looking for an excuse to get an new set. I also liked the Sony HX850 but it has gorilla glass and is priced a little too high. The guy at Best Buy said it had an anti-reflective coating that should help minimize the glare and the HX750 kind of had a semi matte and the Sharp had more of a full matte. In the store it looked like the HX850 had more glare than the HX750 and the Sharp was in a different room with brighter lights. Anyone have any thoughts on this? It was difficult watching a tube tv in this room years ago and I will buy the Sharp if it has less glare. Thanks


First the HX850 does suffer from more glare due to the fact of the gorilla glass. If you have alot of windows ect then it might be better for you to go with a set that has a matte finish such as the HX750 and the Sharp. In the end its up to you what you want to choose. Your money, your call. Welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post

It sure was mate, it does seem like a long time ago now. It's funny how things turn around to us now being good friends : )


It sure does and its a pleasure to know you Aaron and to call you a friend.
post #818 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

First the HX850 does suffer from more glare due to the fact of the gorilla glass. If you have alot of windows ect then it might be better for you to go with a set that has a matte finish such as the HX750 and the Sharp. In the end its up to you what you want to choose. Your money, your call. Welcome to the forum.
It sure does and its a pleasure to know you Aaron and to call you a friend.

You made me blush, same here mate : )
post #819 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

First the HX850 does suffer from more glare due to the fact of the gorilla glass. If you have alot of windows ect then it might be better for you to go with a set that has a matte finish such as the HX750 and the Sharp. In the end its up to you what you want to choose. Your money, your call. Welcome to the forum.
It sure does and its a pleasure to know you Aaron and to call you a friend.

Completely agree with regards reflections, my HX850 is opposite a window and can be pretty annoying on a race sunny day. Luckily i have excellent light control but still annoying. I will say that it's less reflective than a CRT but not brilliant.
post #820 of 1878
Only 10 left from Amazon as I placed my order for one.... Plus PS3 glasses which Amazon currently has marked down to $19.99. Eager to see if it meets my needs. After the Vizio went back I was concerned I'd never find the "right" one. Seems I'll find out Tuesday.
post #821 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerztzg View Post

I'm wondering if the HX850 is worth the extra $ compared to the 750...

In my own personal opinion no but it comes down to what you want. As I have said before...your money, your choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerztzg View Post

What 3d glasses are you guys using with this set right now ?
Me and my son wear glasses would the ps3 glasses be ok ?
I've read good things about them , only bad thing is that they fit a lil snug . They seem to be on sale often also .
If you know of another brand other than Sony I'd be open to it , thanks in advance for any reply's ...6.gif

I use the PS3 3D glasses. They are excellent when watching 3D.
post #822 of 1878
Thanks for the comments on the glare from the HX850. The HX850 has a better picture in a side by side comparison. It sure seemed like it had more glare than the HX750 in the store. At this point I think I'm going to go with the HX750 with lower price and hope the matte finish is similar to my current Sony tv. I just saw articles on Sharp introducing "Moth Eye" tv panels next year. It looks like another way of reducing glare on large panel tvs. So if it works hopefully all of the other tv makers will have something similar in the future.
post #823 of 1878
I never have and never will like the gloss screen's manufacturer's put on their tv's. I guess that is why I never have considered buying one. I like room's with alot of light, just the way I am and when it come's to sunlight interfering with my tv I just pull the shades during the day. At night I keep one lamp on due to the fact that a doctor at the U of M said that no one should ever watch tv in total darkness due to it causes eye strain. I have watched alot of movies with the lights totally off though, which to me is more preferable but hey its doctor's orders and I have to follow them! That being said give me matte screen's anyday over gloss.
post #824 of 1878
To be fair though Steve in a light controlled room the opti contrast panel and gorilla glass really adds punch to the screen, my matte screen monitor looks flat in comparison.

But as you say, not ideal in a bright room.
post #825 of 1878
Has any one had a problem of the hx750 flickering on and off when hooking it up to a pc through hdmi ? running it in dual screen and it flickers something bad can't seem to figure it out . Got me one of the new dell xps27's touch screens , it has intel graphics , when I got into the settings everything seems to be set up right so I'm scratching my head .

Bought one of those new monoprice ultra slim hdmi wires with redmere tech , actually 2 , was gonna daisy chain them but I don't think it'll work , since I can't get it to work with just one lol tongue.gif .

If you can help me out I'd appreciate it . Thanks in advance for any replys !!
post #826 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum801 View Post

Has any one had a problem of the hx750 flickering on and off when hooking it up to a pc through hdmi ? running it in dual screen and it flickers something bad can't seem to figure it out . Got me one of the new dell xps27's touch screens , it has intel graphics , when I got into the settings everything seems to be set up right so I'm scratching my head .

I'm guessing you're running Media Center, "flickering on and off" is just plain intermittent "flickering", and the problem occurs only on 1080i channels. If all that is true, you are almost certainly experiencing the 29/59 bug, and the answer is to disable dynamic contrast in the video driver control panel.
post #827 of 1878
HI there gents/gals,
Has the input lag been tested on this TV?
How good of a gaming tv is this model?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Ernie
post #828 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by tima94930 View Post

I'm guessing you're running Media Center, "flickering on and off" is just plain intermittent "flickering", and the problem occurs only on 1080i channels. If all that is true, you are almost certainly experiencing the 29/59 bug, and the answer is to disable dynamic contrast in the video driver control panel.

Thanks for the reply , I'll give it a shot in the afternoon . My buddy had his Mac hooked up to his tv , Im hoping I could do the same . Haven't thought of using media center , I have a wdtv live ive been using , trying to get rid of the middle man so to speak .
post #829 of 1878
Was planning on buying HX750 this weekend but looks like I'll postpone for a little bit. Price has been $1,500 for a while. Several internet sites are now selling for $1,300. Asked Best Buy if they would match price and they declined. So did another local store, but they advised waiting a little bit because they expected price to drop due to Superbowl sales and intro of 2013 models. In no rush since I'm happy with current tv but still will eventually own the HX750.
post #830 of 1878
Hi Steve. As I asked before is there any special setup / sync to do with PS3 3D glasses or we have just to turn them on and that's it? My husband is away for several weeks and I unfortunately cannot see in 3D so I have no way of knowing if it works or not. Thanks.
post #831 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by FariaB View Post

Hi Steve. As I asked before is there any special setup / sync to do with PS3 3D glasses or we have just to turn them on and that's it? My husband is away for several weeks and I unfortunately cannot see in 3D so I have no way of knowing if it works or not. Thanks.

You shouldnt have to sync them with the tv. I just put them on and presto!
post #832 of 1878
Hi Guys, I check all the thread, and can't find a mention about the HX755 models. I was looking for a cheap 3d Glasses on Ebay and found some Universal 3D glasses, but they mention it compatible with HX750 series, but not with the HX755. I thought both models were the same think, but seems not. Do you have an idea about the difference.
By the way, I see a cheap grasses from Samsung, the model SSG-4100GB Active 3D glasses. Has anyone tried this model with the TV HX750 or HX755.
Best regards
post #833 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by MENCREPAR View Post

Hi Guys, I check all the thread, and can't find a mention about the HX755 models. I was looking for a cheap 3d Glasses on Ebay and found some Universal 3D glasses, but they mention it compatible with HX750 series, but not with the HX755. I thought both models were the same think, but seems not. Do you have an idea about the difference.
By the way, I see a cheap grasses from Samsung, the model SSG-4100GB Active 3D glasses. Has anyone tried this model with the TV HX750 or HX755.
Best regards

Did some checking for you and it looks as though they are the same tv's so you should be ok.
post #834 of 1878
Thanks steve1971. You mean that the model SSG-4100GB Active 3D glasses will work with my HX755?.smile.gif
post #835 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by MENCREPAR View Post

Thanks steve1971. You mean that the model SSG-4100GB Active 3D glasses will work with my HX755?.smile.gif

Yep they should.
post #836 of 1878
I figured I would put this here. I went onto Sony's website and saw their new HDTV line up for 2013 and all I can say is I am not impressed by what I saw. In fact I think the design is ugly...never thought I would say that about a Sony HDTV! They threw in some new features but none that I would use or already dont use with my HX750 like 3D. But other then that its a ho hum from me....no big deal and nothing I see would make me want to replace my HX750. I pretty much feel the same with all the new HDTV's I have seen from CES 2013. 4K? Big deal.....you would need a pretty big screen anyway to see much of a difference. And some of the new features? Wouldnt use them enough to justify the price. As I said before I am set for the immediate future with my HX750.


What does everyone else think?
post #837 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

I figured I would put this here. I went onto Sony's website and saw their new HDTV line up for 2013 and all I can say is I am not impressed by what I saw. In fact I think the design is ugly...never thought I would say that about a Sony HDTV! They threw in some new features but none that I would use or already dont use with my HX750 like 3D. But other then that its a ho hum from me....no big deal and nothing I see would make me want to replace my HX750. I pretty much feel the same with all the new HDTV's I have seen from CES 2013. 4K? Big deal.....you would need a pretty big screen anyway to see much of a difference. And some of the new features? Wouldnt use them enough to justify the price. As I said before I am set for the immediate future with my HX750.


What does everyone else think?

I love the design of the HX850 replacement. Super slim bezel and then stick a badge on....genius lol
post #838 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidream View Post

Where have you gotten with that gator?

I still only get about one reboot a week. Consistently, but not escalating.

PS. thoughts on the panasonic: ultimately the consumer pays for the components that go into a tv. I would rather pay for a panel than for a case...

Haven't pursued anything just yet. It's moderately tolerable at the moment.
post #839 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post

I love the design of the HX850 replacement. Super slim bezel and then stick a badge on....genius lol

Hey Aaron whats the model number of the replacement for the HX750? I ask because Sony has changed up their model numbers and I dont know which is which lol!
post #840 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

Hey Aaron whats the model number of the replacement for the HX750? I ask because Sony has changed up their model numbers and I dont know which is which lol!

I cant even seem to locate their 2013 models. Their online store still has up the 2012 models at a reduced price.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony KDL-46HX750 & KDL-55HX750 Owners Thread