or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung PNXXE7000 - PNXXE8000 owners thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung PNXXE7000 - PNXXE8000 owners thread - Page 123

post #3661 of 4279
Sorry, I should've noted that I updated the firmware the first time I turned it on.
post #3662 of 4279
I second doing the updates.
post #3663 of 4279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post

When all is well, I don't like to update firmware unless there is an absolute must. For most devices, usually there isn't.

With my 60e7000, the set is telling me that if I want to continue using the Verizon Fios app, I must update the firmware to 1046.2

When attempting to use the app yesterday, first I received a message that the app must be updated. There was no way to avoid updating it if I wanted to continue to use the app. So I updated the app. But now when I want to use the updated app, and another, I get a message that the app can only be run if I update the firmware.

I looked through recent posts and it seems everyone who has written about updating had issues.

Has anyone updated without problems? Do you think I'm right to believe that updating by USB may be safer then doing so by wifi?

I had to get a replacement E7000 because we could not figure out why the TV kept cycling on/off. I suspect it was after updating the firmware via wifi. That's the only thing I can point at. Since I got the replacement, I updated to 1047 using Cat 6 cable with no problems!
post #3664 of 4279
The tech came over today and replaced the motherboard again. He did some detailed testing. Checked internet, WiFi, camera. Channels hdmi . everything was working.

He then proceeded to update the firmware to the new 1020 released a couple of days ago. Afterwards it appears to be good but as soon as he connected my cat cable the TV froze and started to cycle off and on. After removing the cable it was OK.

So we tried wifi but the adapter want working at all. Couldn't pick up his mobile hot spot either. And direct WiFi was greyed out.

So that's it for now. At least the TV is watchable. The tech will report back to Samsung and let's see what happens.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
post #3665 of 4279
I am now getting the infamous network error: error_model_bind. This means no wifi. I reset the router, unplugged the TV and nothing. This my fourth set due to issues. I have never had so many issues with something I own. This is the last product I will ever buy from Samsung. Besides their TVs, all they make is absolute crap anyways.

Is anybody else experiencing this? I ask because it could be the Samsung servers are down.
Edited by Icon13 - 3/2/13 at 3:30pm
post #3666 of 4279
Just got my UN55ES8000 TV yesterday and it was working flawlessly. Today Im getting the Network error_model_mind message. Sometimes it works if i wait 5-10 minutes. Could be Samsung servers, is there a place they post server status?

Also, I did all of my updates yesterday and was wondering if I really do have the latest firmware?

My TV says Under Support > Software Update > Current Version 001047.

However, when I go online to samsung's website it looks like there was a release on 2/26/13 and that version says 1020. Doesn't that appear less than what I have?
post #3667 of 4279
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkin24 View Post

Just got my UN55ES8000 TV yesterday and it was working flawlessly. Today Im getting the Network error_model_mind message. Sometimes it works if i wait 5-10 minutes. Could be Samsung servers, is there a place they post server status?

Also, I did all of my updates yesterday and was wondering if I really do have the latest firmware?

My TV says Under Support > Software Update > Current Version 001047.

However, when I go online to samsung's website it looks like there was a release on 2/26/13 and that version says 1020. Doesn't that appear less than what I have?
Great. Thanks for posting. This leads me to believe that nothing is wrong with our TVs. It is on the Samsung server end. Why not just have a message that the server is down and will be restored momentarily, instead of an error message? Damn you Korea!

PS: You are in the wrong forum as your TV is an LED and not plasma.
post #3668 of 4279
delete
post #3669 of 4279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon13 View Post

Great. Thanks for posting. This leads me to believe that nothing is wrong with our TVs. It is on the Samsung server end. Why not just have a message that the server is down and will be restored momentarily, instead of an error message? Damn you Korea!

PS: You are in the wrong forum as your TV is an LED and not plasma.

Same here with the error, Smart HUB doesnt come up and software update is grayed out.
post #3670 of 4279
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerchiarax View Post

Same here with the error, Smart HUB doesnt come up and software update is grayed out.
Update- looks like it was a glitch I switched sources back and forth and now smarthub and software update is working again.
post #3671 of 4279
I got my 60e7000 from amazon wedn. and have been watching it in movie mode and the picture quality looks good but have a couple issues. First is it has a light buzz to it but can only be heard when sound is muted or volume is down but is annoying to me. Second would a panasonic gt series have any buzz? I may return this tv and have been looking at going with pan. gt series or sharp elite. I just dont like the buzzing so the sharp elite i would pay for if no buzzing. Any suggestions would greatly appreciated.
post #3672 of 4279
Go to youtube and search sharp elite vs e7000. ., the sharp gets destroyed
post #3673 of 4279
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoll88 View Post

I got my 60e7000 from amazon wedn. and have been watching it in movie mode and the picture quality looks good but have a couple issues. First is it has a light buzz to it but can only be heard when sound is muted or volume is down but is annoying to me. Second would a panasonic gt series have any buzz? I may return this tv and have been looking at going with pan. gt series or sharp elite. I just dont like the buzzing so the sharp elite i would pay for if no buzzing. Any suggestions would greatly appreciated.

Yes if u get a panasonic u will only be able to hear it buzz if u put your ear in the back. Which would be stupid because u dont watch tv like that
post #3674 of 4279
So the panny gt series should be alot better then this samsung as far as the buzzing is concerned? What about the picture quality between my 7000 vs the gt? I am reading reviews of the gt series and its getting great reviews but before i call amazon to come get the samsung i wanna get some more opinions. I have read the sharp elite is about as close as you can get to the old pioneer kuro's and i just checked and a local tv store has one so i may ride out and check it out.
post #3675 of 4279
If Money is no issue I would get the Elite.
post #3676 of 4279
Ok thanks,i am going out tomm. to check out the elite. They have a gt50 also so i can look at both while there so i will let you know what happens.
post #3677 of 4279
Elites are pretty sweet. So are GT50s. So are E7000s.

There's a thread about two threads above this one where people are complaining about DSE, banding, blobs and buzzing on their Pannys. I haven't read the Elite thread but him sure there is something. All Plasmas buzz to some degree. Not all can hear it. Heck I can only hear it from mine when standing up close and only out of one ear. smile.gif When i was shopping, the GT50 at some stores seemed worse. Others better. I think it comes down to environment and individual susceptibility.

No TV is perfect.
post #3678 of 4279
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerchiarax View Post

Update- looks like it was a glitch I switched sources back and forth and now smarthub and software update is working again.
Same here. I had company over to watch Wreck It Ralph 3d, and while the hub was down allshare was stuttering with the audio and my TV was very laggy in response time. I changed inputs to the PS3 to play the movie. I checked for a FW update and it said none available, which meant the network was working. Earlier it could not even do that. I changed back to input 1 and then checked the hub and it was working. Changing inputs is all it seemed to take. All of my apps were restored and we enjoyed the flick, finally.
post #3679 of 4279
Pulled the trigger on a PN51EX7000 yesterday on Amazon; it'll be delivered Friday. It was a nailbiter between the GT50 and the E7000/8000, but I was real scared by the talk of image retention on the Panasonics -- I do play video games from time to time.

Of course, then I've been reading that image retention happens more on the 51" Samsungs than the larger models. So now I have the fear.

Anyone own a 51" E7000/8000 that can comment on image retention? I don't mind a few seconds; heck, an hour; but days would be a problem.
post #3680 of 4279
Gamer junkie...no problem with IR on my 51 I just use the Game settings and put the Cell light down a couple notches from my normal 20 cool.gif.
post #3681 of 4279
Was using plex last night with no problem...

This morning nothing works on Hub and I got the Network error eek.gif

Obviously I have changed nothing in the config..tried updating and I was able to go from 1041 to 1047 but no luck!!

Any ideas people??
post #3682 of 4279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribwoy View Post

Was using plex last night with no problem...

This morning nothing works on Hub and I got the Network error eek.gif

Obviously I have changed nothing in the config..tried updating and I was able to go from 1041 to 1047 but no luck!!

Any ideas people??
Read the above posts for the solution.
post #3683 of 4279
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajitamosaic View Post

Pulled the trigger on a PN51EX7000 yesterday on Amazon; it'll be delivered Friday. It was a nailbiter between the GT50 and the E7000/8000, but I was real scared by the talk of image retention on the Panasonics -- I do play video games from time to time.

Of course, then I've been reading that image retention happens more on the 51" Samsungs than the larger models. So now I have the fear.

Anyone own a 51" E7000/8000 that can comment on image retention? I don't mind a few seconds; heck, an hour; but days would be a problem.

I have an e7000 still pretty new. I do not game on it but we watch a fair amount of SD content in 4:3 format, no IR issues at all. I hear the buzz people speak of but it is very faint, I have to listen for it. It can get louder in the Smart hub but nothing i havent heard on LCD, DLP or CRT before
post #3684 of 4279
Glad to hear... a little worry off my back. I read about the buzzing, but I know it happens to some extent with all plasmas... and I'll be connecting it to a 7.1 system so I don't know that I'll ever have the volume low *grin*

Can't wait to watch Tron Legacy in 3D on it!
post #3685 of 4279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon13 View Post

Same here. I had company over to watch Wreck It Ralph 3d, and while the hub was down allshare was stuttering with the audio and my TV was very laggy in response time. I changed inputs to the PS3 to play the movie. I checked for a FW update and it said none available, which meant the network was working. Earlier it could not even do that. I changed back to input 1 and then checked the hub and it was working. Changing inputs is all it seemed to take. All of my apps were restored and we enjoyed the flick, finally.

It sucks we have to do these work arounds. What's really pissing me off is the network error binding keeps popping up. I know its because Samsung is doing maintenance. But come on do I need to get this error while watching tv, movie or playing a game. Is there anyway to disable the network on this tv so to avoid the pop up?
post #3686 of 4279
Is anyone else's E700 telling them to update even though they already have 1047? Mine is and its driving me insane every 5-10 minutes I get a pop up telling me to update, but I can't because the TV is already up to date. I tried to do a reset from the menu and it asks me for a PIN? I have no idea what this pin is because I don't recall ever setting one up. Anyone have any insight on what to do?
post #3687 of 4279
well I just found out the pin is 0000 by default on all 2012 samsung TV's. Should I do a reset or is this a problem on samsungs end due to server updates?
post #3688 of 4279
I've reset my modem, router, TV and Smart Hub and the 'network bind' error still comes up.
post #3689 of 4279
BTW Samungs Twitter feed said on 2/3/2013

"We apologize for any delays you may be having w/ Samsung Smart Hub. We're currently researching the issue and will follow up w/ info ASAP"
post #3690 of 4279
I saved up alot of to buy my PN51E8000 in April in 2012 and I have to keep dealing with issues like this. Is there anyway we can get reimbursed?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung PNXXE7000 - PNXXE8000 owners thread