or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Arrow" on The CW HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Arrow" on The CW HD - Page 5

post #121 of 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

The ex-GF saving both her men in a fight..precious. Wonder where they are going with that one.

Well, her name is Dinah Laurel Lance, so I'm hoping its only a matter of time until she breaks out the fishnets and starts screaming really loud.
post #122 of 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post

Well, her name is Dinah Laurel Lance, so I'm hoping its only a matter of time until she breaks out the fishnets and starts screaming really loud.

only if the show doesn't get canceled; doubt it will happen in the first season, well most likely get the bodyguard to become the first "speedy"(far too easy for it to be his sister)
Edited by swarm87 - 10/26/12 at 10:39am
post #123 of 902
My only gripe was that apparently it's possible to cure any poison by downing some water and grass. How convenient that he has an antidote capable of curing unidentified toxins.
post #124 of 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

As already mentioned, for a super assassin he was pointedly easy to kill.
He was a super sniper, not a super assassin. There's a big difference.

A good sniper doesn't need to defend himself. If a sniper is being shot at, it means he's made a mistake. Distance, stealth and not firing twice are a sniper's means of protection.

A general assassin might need to be well versed in killing someone in multiple ways, which might involve physical confrontation in some cases. In that case, you need to be physically capable of achieving your exit strategy.
post #125 of 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

My only gripe was that apparently it's possible to cure any poison by downing some water and grass. How convenient that he has an antidote capable of curing unidentified toxins.
Maybe the roots and water make you lose control of your bodily functions while unconscious, thus removing the poison. The down side is you need to change your shorts when you wake up... wink.gif
post #126 of 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post

Well, her name is Dinah Laurel Lance, so I'm hoping its only a matter of time until she breaks out the fishnets and starts screaming really loud.
Yeah I knew she wasgoing to be BC but to have BC the early years is just cute. Not to mention her and Ollie's storry and throw in a sister to boot. I can see why she will scream smile.gif
post #127 of 902
I've liked this show but last night's ep was horrible. Enough to make me drop this show if it continues in this manner.
post #128 of 902
I enjoyed it, especially with how he keeps ditching the new bodyguard of the week!
post #129 of 902
I give it a thumbs up as well, and I'm eager for next week's episode, too. I hope the teaser wasn't too misleading.
post #130 of 902

It's been steadily growing on me and I'm glad they aren't stringing out the addition of the body guard plot.  Adding the guy with his reservations intact was wise vs. the keep-him-guessing theme they were hinting at.  I was a bit surprised by the cops catching him so easily on the security camera, but remain hopeful that they will explain that away.

post #131 of 902
I'm enjoying it as well, including this week's ep. Looks like Ollie's finally got his sidekick in John "don't call me a sidekick" Diggle. That happened fast! Laurel's metamorphosis into Black Canary may happen sooner than we expect as well. They're moving things along at a pretty good clip.

Some of the criticism of this ep might have to do with some of the corny, cheesy dialog, or Ollie making like Spiderman and swinging away amongst the rooftops. Strangely, I'm okay with all that because the overall production seems to be striking the right tone, at least for me. you could substitute Batman for Green Arrow, with very few modifications, and basically have the same show. Now, if he'd just grow the VanGogh....
post #132 of 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I'm enjoying it as well, including this week's ep. Looks like Ollie's finally got his sidekick in John "don't call me a sidekick" Diggle. That happened fast! Laurel's metamorphosis into Black Canary may happen sooner than we expect as well. They're moving things along at a pretty good clip.

Some of the criticism of this ep might have to do with some of the corny, cheesy dialog, or Ollie making like Spiderman and swinging away amongst the rooftops. Strangely, I'm okay with all that because the overall production seems to be striking the right tone, at least for me. you could substitute Batman for Green Arrow, with very few modifications, and basically have the same show. Now, if he'd just grow the VanGogh....

That Spiderman bit was interesting. He fired his arrow downward at close to 45 degrees but when he swung the fulcrum was, as expected, high up on the building. Nice slight of hand.
post #133 of 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I'm enjoying it as well, including this week's ep. Looks like Ollie's finally got his sidekick in John "don't call me a sidekick" Diggle. That happened fast! Laurel's metamorphosis into Black Canary may happen sooner than we expect as well. They're moving things along at a pretty good clip.
Some of the criticism of this ep might have to do with some of the corny, cheesy dialog, or Ollie making like Spiderman and swinging away amongst the rooftops. Strangely, I'm okay with all that because the overall production seems to be striking the right tone, at least for me. you could substitute Batman for Green Arrow, with very few modifications, and basically have the same show. Now, if he'd just grow the VanGogh....

more than likely diggle will take the fall for being "the hood" in the next ep.
post #134 of 902
Show's growing on me. I'm surprised how quickly he was caught and am anxious to see how he gets out of it. Had no idea Laurel is supposed to become Black Canary. Is that wishful thinking or known fact? I know nothing about the character in comics...

So I also wonder when he'll be named. Each week I keep expecting some kind of line after Ollie has come, gone and left his mark, to be "What's that?" "It's a green arrow." Or a headline that reads "Green arrow marks the scene of the vigilante's crime".

I kind of wish he'd wear a mask instead of painting his eyes, too.
post #135 of 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Now, if he'd just grow the VanGogh....

I think you mean Van Dyke...

The Green Arrow I grew up with never killed anyone...ok, there was this ONE time that he missed and killed a bad guy by accident because of an injured arm.
Edited by redvette - 11/2/12 at 9:20pm
post #136 of 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvette View Post

I think you mean Van Dyke...

Oops - yes! I knew it was Van-something-or-other. redface.gif And he needs the feathered hat too, doesn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvette 
The Green Arrow I grew up with never killed anyone...ok, there was this ONE time that he missed and killed a bad guy by accident because of an injured arm.

All the comic book characters of my youth seem to have grown "darker" as that's what the market now demands. But as long as he only kills evildoers and their evil henchmen, that's acceptable I guess. Who's gonna' miss those guys? Their evil hench-mothers? wink.gif
post #137 of 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post

Had no idea Laurel is supposed to become Black Canary. Is that wishful thinking or known fact? I know nothing about the character in comics...

I have no idea whether or not they plan to ever incorporate Black Canary into the show, but Black Canary's real name is Dinah Laurel Lance. Since DLL is a major character in the show,and she appears to be some kind of martial arts expert, they've clearly given themselves the option to go that way in the future.
post #138 of 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post

I have no idea whether or not they plan to ever incorporate Black Canary into the show, but Black Canary's real name is Dinah Laurel Lance. Since DLL is a major character in the show,and she appears to be some kind of martial arts expert, they've clearly given themselves the option to go that way in the future.

Ya' think? tongue.gif
post #139 of 902
Thoroughly not prepared for how much i like this show. Also, more than pleasantly surprised of the downloaded video/audio quality throuh the PSN network. WTF? The sound is aweome through the Anthem and visuals especially blacks look equally impressive on the 111FD. Might watch the most recent episode tonight!
post #140 of 902
Cracked up at Dinah Laurel Lance's reference in last night's episode to wearing fishnets in an old Halloween costume. Lots of great comic tie-ins with subtle differences. I am really liking this show (though I really wish the sister hadn't been nicknamed Speedy - that kinda ruins the whole potential for that character). Hoping to see Black Canary sooner than later.
post #141 of 902

I'm still liking it as well.  I found it interesting that during the transition scenes, when they use aerial footage for the city, they were using different cities as their backdrop.  The daytime scene early was the Baltimore Inner Harbor and later, the night time scenes were 2 different cities. 

 

There was just that one moment (unless I misheard) where the plot was 24-like ludicrous.  Arrow asks the Detective how he knew he was in trouble and he says something like "your ankle monitor got broken in the fight".  So what, he was in the guy's house just outside the bedroom and broke in that fast?  Still, that was minor and the story is pretty good.  I'm hopeful that those of you with extensive knowledge of the comics will at least try to limit speculation on what should happen in the future.  For example, the comment on Laurel and who she may become is more than I want to know in advance.  I'm not telling anyone what they can comment on, but if future predictions start popping up, I guess I'll have to pop out.

post #142 of 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1812 View Post

Cracked up at Dinah Laurel Lance's reference in last night's episode to wearing fishnets in an old Halloween costume. Lots of great comic tie-ins with subtle differences. I am really liking this show (though I really wish the sister hadn't been nicknamed Speedy - that kinda ruins the whole potential for that character). Hoping to see Black Canary sooner than later.

Me also. On a side note I feel for Dinah. Sure she is attracted to Ollie, but he cheated on than by action killed off her sister.
That is is some Jerry Springer stuff there!
post #143 of 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

There was just that one moment (unless I misheard) where the plot was 24-like ludicrous.  Arrow asks the Detective how he knew he was in trouble and he says something like "your ankle monitor got broken in the fight".  So what, he was in the guy's house just outside the bedroom and broke in that fast? 

An earlier scene showed the Detective at the house during the party, ostensibly stalking Oliver just in case he decided to fly the coop. So not so far fetched that he was on the grounds, possibly even in the house (pretty sure the party wasn't his style).
post #144 of 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Me also. On a side note I feel for Dinah. Sure she is attracted to Ollie, but he cheated on than by action killed off her sister.

The comic book version of Ollie is a royal screw up in the relationship side of his life, with a tendency to self-destruct. I thought Smallville did a decent job of capturing that side of his personality. I haven't seen much evidence of that character trait so far in Arrow, but it's still early.
post #145 of 902
That was a great episode. I gave this show a chance and it has paid off. I particularly like the voiceover of his bodyguard at the end. Well done episode.
post #146 of 902
This last ep seemed back on track. I still don't like the police father of the lawyer/love interest. There really wasn't any evidence to arrest and hold OQ. The big conspiracy stuff is pretty mind-numbing stupid.
post #147 of 902
Thread Starter 
I'm liking the show. So far after only a few episodes they've already rolled out a few of the DCU's baddies (although more Batman's than Ollie's):

Deadshot
Deathstroke
and it appears from the previews, next week we'll be seeing Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The Royal Flush Gang

Sweet!!!

Come on! How many of you put on a grin when Ollie's zen-master took on Deathstroke (and won)?biggrin.gif

I agree with daryl that the 'big conspiracy' storyline is hard to follow, and they should start pairing it down as much as possible.
post #148 of 902
I think it's safe to say the conspiracy is staying at least for the first season. It's the whole reason Oliver got stuck on the island, and he doesn't even know about it yet. Besides, the conspirators are also ostensibly the reason Oliver's father compiled the list, because they're the people who have allowed criminals to flourish in the city (and his father was somehow to blame for their presence, most likely by originally being part of the group).
post #149 of 902
All we are missing is a huge bwaaa haa haa!
post #150 of 902
I'm not sure what to make of Capt. Jack's (Harkness) participation.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Arrow" on The CW HD