or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The OFFICIAL SAMSUNG PNXXE6500 OWNERS THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The OFFICIAL SAMSUNG PNXXE6500 OWNERS THREAD - Page 12

post #331 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseboy View Post

NEW PROBLEM: Has anyone had an issue where the Smart TV Hub menu screen pops up for a few seconds during normal television viewing? It's very weird and seems to happen after a minute or so of the television being turned on. It's very irritating. I'm hoping someone has a fix for this like the flickering SyncPlus issue.

I'm also having this problem. :-( I would love to know what the deal is. It seems to have started about a week ago.

I have a UN60ES7100, so it's an issue across models / types.
Edited by HeraklitusN - 12/12/12 at 9:19am
post #332 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeraklitusN View Post

I'm also having this problem. :-( I would love to know what the deal is. It seems to have started about a week ago.
I have a UN60ES7100, so it's an issue across models / types.

I got a reply from Samsung's Customer Support today when I complained about this issue: I have copied the email below, hopefully this should resolve it.

"We appreciate you contacting Samsung Electronics and being a valued customer. We understand that your Smart Hub will automatically flash on the screen of your TV.

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with our TV. This is an issue that occured with the last firmware update for this TV. Samsung has recognized the issue and we will be sending out a new firmware version to correct this on 12/20/2012. We apologize for the inconvenience of this and thank you for your patience while we get this issue resolved. "
post #333 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmancman View Post

I got a reply from Samsung's Customer Support today when I complained about this issue: I have copied the email below, hopefully this should resolve it.
"We appreciate you contacting Samsung Electronics and being a valued customer. We understand that your Smart Hub will automatically flash on the screen of your TV.
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with our TV. This is an issue that occured with the last firmware update for this TV. Samsung has recognized the issue and we will be sending out a new firmware version to correct this on 12/20/2012. We apologize for the inconvenience of this and thank you for your patience while we get this issue resolved. "

Awesome, thanks!
post #334 of 426
Can anyone replicate the following issue that I think is caused by a glitch in the SmartTV firmware? It pertains to Netflix. Please advise.

My 60" E6500 is 2 weeks old. This occurred with firmware version 1024 and now with 1025. To replicate the issue, please do the following:

1. Set Sound so that speakers are set to external (not TV speakers).

2. Start SmartTV, go to Netflix and start that app.

3. Once you are on any logged-in Netflix screen, using the Samsung TV remote, press either Volume Up or Volume Down.

On my set, I get a Not Available text box in the lower left corner of the screen (which makes sense), and then the screen goes completely blank (dark gray), turning within a few seconds to a completely black screen. No more Netflix. If I then press the SmartTV button on the remote, I get back to the SmartTV starting screen and I have to restart Netflix to resume watching. This issue does not arise with any of the other apps I tried, such as YouTube.

I had a frustrating chat session with Samung Tech Support this morning. After an hour of back and forth, I was told I should have the TV serviced! My strong suspicion is that it is an unreported firmware glitch. I don't want to have someone tear apart my set just for this issue. After all, what would they look for?!?

If any of you can replicate this issue, please let me know. It would be great if others can report this to Samsung as well to get it fixed!
post #335 of 426
My thoughts after having the tv for 3 days now: I adjusted the picture settings to STANDARD, also changed cell light to 20, Dynamic Contract to medium , color to Standard and selected the Darkest option to get more umph out of the PQ. Wondering if people have more or less the same. I like the PQ now, Dynamic is just too much, and the settings right out of the box not at all but thats normal, I also tried the settings from CNET and other websites but man what a dull grey dim picture you get then?! My set also has some buzzing, but not noticable with my home theatre sound on, only when you turn the sound of and you really concentrate.....and I am very fussy for that! (already brought back 4 plasmas this year, even had an LG LED for 4 months but could not live with the PQ of those LED's coming from Plasma). I was wondering if anyone is willing to post their settings after having it professionally calibrated?
I also looked at the ST50 and this one, but I got a great deal on this one including the glasses and 5" more screen compared to the ST50. In store I noticed that the ST50 looked a bit brighter in some scenes, but that could also be a setting, for the rest they were identical picture wise. Very happy with this TV, hope to enjoy this one till OLED becomes affordable biggrin.gif
post #336 of 426
well I returned 2 of these sets because of the buzzing and decided enough was enough and spent the extra money on an 60st50. I really would have liked this set if not for the buzzing frown.gif
post #337 of 426
Hey guys, was planning on picking this bad boy up tomorrow but I have one issue with something i've heard. I hear that the 6500 series has bad picture quali8ty on SD content. I'd rather not spring for the E7000 but if my SD content is going to look like garbage on the 6500 I might reconsider. If it's just a minor difference its all good. Opinions?
post #338 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemustang View Post

Hey guys, was planning on picking this bad boy up tomorrow but I have one issue with something i've heard. I hear that the 6500 series has bad picture quali8ty on SD content. I'd rather not spring for the E7000 but if my SD content is going to look like garbage on the 6500 I might reconsider. If it's just a minor difference its all good. Opinions?

It's acceptable, I definitely wouldn't pay extra for better SD than what I get ouf of mine... But, I use this display for HD content.
Edited by NEODARK - 12/17/12 at 12:10pm
post #339 of 426
SD content looks great! I have no idea what you're talking about.
post #340 of 426
So excited!. Went with the E7000 anyway as I was able to get them to price match. Price matched from $1897 to $1493+tax and i also got a $200 gift card. Gotta wait for access to a truck to get it tomorrow though. eek.gif
post #341 of 426
That's a great price. Congrats!
post #342 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemustang View Post

So excited!. Went with the E7000 anyway as I was able to get them to price match. Price matched from $1897 to $1493+tax and i also got a $200 gift card. Gotta wait for access to a truck to get it tomorrow though. eek.gif

How did you get the price match to $1493? Thanks.
post #343 of 426
Sears was selling one that low. I don't see it listed anymore though. Just keep an eye out for stuff like that and ask them. They said they won't price match on random sites though, says it has to be reputable places.
post #344 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanrab View Post

Can anyone replicate the following issue that I think is caused by a glitch in the SmartTV firmware? It pertains to Netflix. Please advise.
My 60" E6500 is 2 weeks old. This occurred with firmware version 1024 and now with 1025. To replicate the issue, please do the following:
1. Set Sound so that speakers are set to external (not TV speakers).
2. Start SmartTV, go to Netflix and start that app.
3. Once you are on any logged-in Netflix screen, using the Samsung TV remote, press either Volume Up or Volume Down.
On my set, I get a Not Available text box in the lower left corner of the screen (which makes sense), and then the screen goes completely blank (dark gray), turning within a few seconds to a completely black screen. No more Netflix. If I then press the SmartTV button on the remote, I get back to the SmartTV starting screen and I have to restart Netflix to resume watching. This issue does not arise with any of the other apps I tried, such as YouTube.
I had a frustrating chat session with Samung Tech Support this morning. After an hour of back and forth, I was told I should have the TV serviced! My strong suspicion is that it is an unreported firmware glitch. I don't want to have someone tear apart my set just for this issue. After all, what would they look for?!?
If any of you can replicate this issue, please let me know. It would be great if others can report this to Samsung as well to get it fixed!

Could one of you please check on this for all of us? I think this glitch goes beyond occurring just with Netflix!

Thanks.
post #345 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeraklitusN View Post

Awesome, thanks!

Did you guys do the update? did it go away?

I did the update and no improvement.
post #346 of 426
Got the e6500 51"on order from Woolworths cataloge says awaiting stock and i will here something by
the 20/02/2013.
I've noticed it's seems to be out of stock almost everywhere.I've got this horrible feeling it's been discontinued
and i will get an email from woolies saying sorry no longer available.I've also noticed this model has disappeared
from the Currys site today 01/01/2013.
I have been on on the phone to Samsung and the guy tells me it has'nt been discontinued and is still in production
but you can get a lot of disinformation from these tech guys.
Was wondering if anyone has any information about it's availability as in discontinued or not.
Cheers Neil.smile.gif
post #347 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmancman View Post

Did you guys do the update? did it go away?
I did the update and no improvement.

Same here... Still get the smart hub pop-up after power-on, even after the latest update. PN60E6500
post #348 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemustang View Post

Sears was selling one that low. I don't see it listed anymore though. Just keep an eye out for stuff like that and ask them. They said they won't price match on random sites though, says it has to be reputable places.

That's really lucky. I'm surprised it didn't show up in Slickdeals. I bought the TV for $1547 plus tax. And did a pricematch as well a month ago. So you beat me by $54 dollars smile.gif. You got the 60 inch E7000 correct?
post #349 of 426
cnet was reporting that they could not get the 10 pt. white balance system to work with this set?

"Calibration notes:
The 10 pt scale is wildly unpredictable: small changes at one interval can affect the whole scale and as a result we chose to disable it."

any one else that calibrates using calman or similar having this problem? and you can disable the 10 pt. system but still use the regular white balance system, am i correct?
post #350 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerchiarax View Post

That's really lucky. I'm surprised it didn't show up in Slickdeals. I bought the TV for $1547 plus tax. And did a pricematch as well a month ago. So you beat me by $54 dollars smile.gif. You got the 60 inch E7000 correct?

Beat you by 54 dollars but did you get a $200 gift card? I can sell it for $176 so actually 1317 plus tax biggrin.gif

PS: Yes the 60 inch
post #351 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemustang View Post

Beat you by 54 dollars but did you get a $200 gift card? I can sell it for $176 so actually 1317 plus tax biggrin.gif
PS: Yes the 60 inch

Nope no $200 giftcard so ok you def beat me by a whole lot lol smile.gif
post #352 of 426
Hey guys I just got a 60 inch E6500. This will not only be my first plasma and Samsung, it will also be my first ever none Sony TV. Sony doesn't make plasmas and I wanted a plasma this time around for their better overall PQ. It was a toss up between this and the Panasonic ST50. I was able to get the Samsung display for $1350 Canadian, along with 2 extra pairs of 3D glasses to go along with the two the come with the set.

The manual states the break in is not necessary, from anyone's experience is this true? I downloaded some slides for break in, however I do want to be able enjoy watching something also during the first little bit. Would Planet Earth on BD be a good candidate?
post #353 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo604 View Post

Hey guys I just got a 60 inch E6500. This will not only be my first plasma and Samsung, it will also be my first ever none Sony TV. Sony doesn't make plasmas and I wanted a plasma this time around for their better overall PQ. It was a toss up between this and the Panasonic ST50. I was able to get the Samsung display for $1350 Canadian, along with 2 extra pairs of 3D glasses to go along with the two the come with the set.
The manual states the break in is not necessary, from anyone's experience is this true? I downloaded some slides for break in, however I do want to be able enjoy watching something also during the first little bit. Would Planet Earth on BD be a good candidate?

The manual is correct, unless you are planning on doing professional calibration or something similar then break in is not required....Some people feel safer by doing it.....As long as you avoid torch mode and watching static images for hours on end you should be OK.........
post #354 of 426
Regarding Break In, I had my set on RELAX for a week and then started to pump up the settings. Just to be sure. After a couple of days I also ran Disneys WOW bluray for the whole day (retail loop),
Did it help? Dont know just wanted to be sure. $1350, canadian is a good price, got mine for 1325,- after 5% pricematch at Visions. This tv just won the TV of the Year award from HDTV test UK.
You will like your plasma, I was also a Sony customer for many years, but now have 3 Sammy's in my house. For Sony you first pay 500,- for the name and the rest for the TV itself.....but they forgot they are not the leader anymore....Samsung makes great TV's and have outstanding Customer Service.
post #355 of 426
Does the HBO GO app not work for anyone else? It's been like this for weeks.
post #356 of 426
I thought I'd share a couple pics of my new 60 inch Samsung E6500


Edited by nismo604 - 1/10/13 at 11:04pm
post #357 of 426
I thought I'd share some pics of my panel getting replaced. I saw that my screen had a dead pixel, I thought I could live with it but it just bugged the hell out of me. The shop I purchased from was willing to exchange as it was only the first week, so with the help of a friend we repackaged it up and went to store. As they unboxed the display to my horror there was a scratch on the back panel of the display. During the un-mounting we must of grazed the back of stand. After seeing that the store manager said he couldn't do any exchanges and I'd have deal with Samsung. Needless to say I was kind of pissed.

So I get home and remount the display, the scratch was on the back and aside from the dead pixel the display was perfect. However that dead pixel was still bugging me, I really had to look hard for me to see it but since I knew it was there somehow my eyes just gravitated to it. So I did some research online to see what Samsung's dead pixel policy was in Canada and it said no service calls for under 3 dead pixels. I thought that I was SOL, but decided to give Samsung a call anyways. So I told the rep on the phone about my problem with the dead pixel and that I couldn't exchange it. After a couple questions he said that he would have a tech come out.

The service I got from Samsung was top notch, to save time the owner of the local service center just asked me to forward him a picture of the problem and the serial number on the back to his smart phone, that way he didn't have come to my house to confirm the issue and could order the new panel right away. The way this has been handled by Samsung they have a customer for life, absolutely awesome service.
125313_full.jpg125314_full.jpg

It was interesting replacing the panel you practically get a new display, the bezel, back panel, speakers, IR sensor and video card are the only things that get transplanted to the new panel. In my case he video card alo got replaced due to a loose HDMI connector.
post #358 of 426
Interesting. Thanks for sharing the photos.

I wonder which of those parts make all the noise.
post #359 of 426
Quick question: can i get (and how) 5.1 sound output from TV when i have attached PC to TV via HDMI cable, and TV to speakers via optical cable? Now i can only get stereo sound this way. I have no problems getting 5.1 sound when I play movies from HDD connected to TV.

MY gear:
Graphic card: Radeon HD 4850 (DVI to HDMI)
Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 (only 1 optical in)

I want to have TV as monitor for my pc and I want to have only just 1 optical cable from TV to speakers. I don't want to run another optical cable from PC to speakers, because frequent cable changes drive me nuts every time i switch from television to pc gaming (of course television also must play on external speakers).

Any solutions / advices?
post #360 of 426
Can you not take the sound from a PC sound card?

I'm doing HDMI from the HD 5450 to the TV and sound from the sound card to the headphones or amplifiers and speakers. Only stereo though as the various softwares wouldn't seem to play the other sound card outputs.

Otherwise I used to take the sound via optical TOSLink to a surround sound processor. That may work now but I only use headphones now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The OFFICIAL SAMSUNG PNXXE6500 OWNERS THREAD