or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Unforgettable' on CBS HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Unforgettable' on CBS HD - Page 2

post #31 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Loved the interview and have always loved Poppy.

Was it just me or did she sound a little ..how do I put this.. like maybe she knows the fate of the show, already?
post #32 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDon View Post

Was it just me or did she sound a little ..how do I put this.. like maybe she knows the fate of the show, already?

Maybe that's why she knew she was safe in agreeing to the "underwear" suggestion.

I hope the show is renewed. It's part of my NCIS, NCIS-LA, Unforgettable Tuesday night CBS 3-show regular line-up. I watch those "live" and DVR anything else I want to see on Tuesday night.
post #33 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDon View Post

Was it just me or did she sound a little ..how do I put this.. like maybe she knows the fate of the show, already?

I didn't get that but my guess is she, like all of the other actors know it's on the precarious bubble. Oh audio sounded just fine, you on the right and Poppy on the left(channel that is). Thanks for the link
post #34 of 88
Thanks.

Yeah, I leave the split track alone when I upload those things. For me, it's actually easier to follow. Especially when there's a delay and I keep stepping on them.
post #35 of 88
For anyone interested in Poppy but missed last nights Craig Ferguson show. She looked smokin' hot in a black dress and as usual with Craig got into some racy conversations, including her backside tatoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj0N4kjpK8Y
(sorry I don't know how to get the actual youtube photo in this post but clicking on the link seems to take you to the interview).
post #36 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

For anyone interested in Poppy but missed last nights Craig Ferguson show. She looked smokin' hot in a black dress and as usual with Craig got into some racy conversations, including her backside tatoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj0N4kjpK8Y
(sorry I don't know how to get the actual youtube photo in this post but clicking on the link seems to take you to the interview).



Just put the alphanumeric YouTube code in the YOUTUBEHD quotes, don't put the whole URL. Quote my post for a response and you can see how it's done.
post #37 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Just put the alphanumeric YouTube code in the YOUTUBEHD quotes, don't put the whole URL. Quote my post for a response and you can see how it's done.

Thanks, I see it now. As you suspected I put the whole URL between the YouTubeHD quotes
post #38 of 88
TV Notes
CBS Cancels Freshmen Unforgettable', A Gifted Man' & NYC 22′
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - May 13, 2012

CBS has started the housecleaning after picking up four new drama series and two comedies. The network has canceled freshmen Unforgettable and A Gifted Man. I have not confirmed a cancellation for NYC 22, but that is considered a given. A Gifted Man star Patrick Wilson took to Twitter to comment on the cancellation. Soshocking to no one: A Gifted Man is done. Found out via emailand not from the network. Stay classy.Now that it's official, I couldn't be happier. As good as it was (sometimes) it was not what I signed on for.

UPDATED: I have now also confirmed the cancellation of NYC 22, which is joining fellow departed rookies Unforgettable and A Gifted Man and veteran CSI: Miami.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/cbs-...-a-gifted-man/
post #39 of 88
Crap!!!
post #40 of 88
I had season passes on all 3 of those programs with Unforgettable being my favorite of the three
post #41 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

I had season passes on all 3 of those programs with Unforgettable being my favorite of the three

I have no idea what you mean by "season passes" but I watched all three of them also. I liked Unforgettable and A Gifted Man but didn't really get into NYC 22.
post #42 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Crap!!!

Double Crap.
post #43 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

I have no idea what you mean by "season passes" but I watched all three of them also. I liked Unforgettable and A Gifted Man but didn't really get into NYC 22.

Sorry, season pass is a term Tivo uses for recording a program whenever it comes on, while I had NYC 22 setup to record, I was on the fence with it so was the least upset that it got cancelled. My kids really liked A Gifted Man and it was a good program to watch with them.
post #44 of 88
I will miss Unforgettable. This is disappointing.

philip
post #45 of 88
TV Notes
Will Unforgettable' Live On? TNT & Lifetime Looking At Cancelled CBS Drama Series
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - May 17, 2012

EXCLUSIVE: The cancellation of CBS' freshman drama Unforgettable was one of the closest calls this upfront season. Now the procedural starring Poppy Montgomery and Dylan Walsh is exploring a move to cable.

I've learned that producers Sony Pictures TV and CBS TV Studios have had preliminary conversations with TNT and Lifetime about potentially picking up the series. Unforgettable, which centers on Carrie Wells (Montgomery), a New York detective with the ability to visually remember everything, would make sense for both TNT and Lifetime. TNT has had a lot of success with female-lead cop procedurals with The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles. Lifetime has tried hard to launch one with two recent series, The Protector and Against The Wall, both of which were cancelled after one season. Turner has been the most open to rescuing broadcast series with NBC's Southland going to TNT and most recently Cougar Town moving to TBS.

When asked what went wrong for Unforgettable to warrant the cancellation after a relatively solid first-season run, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler said the question is not what went wrong with Unforgettable but what went right with the new pilots. Unforgettable averaged 12 million viewers and a 2.5 among adults 18-49.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/will...-drama-series/
post #46 of 88
This would be great if TNT or Lifeline picks it up I enjoyed this show so of course it gets axed. I feel like a jink for some of these shows.
post #47 of 88
They cancel Unforgettable but keep the Mentalist moving it to the Sunday night graveyard ala CSI Miami. Give me a break. Hope TNT picks up this show.
post #48 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpillar View Post

They cancel Unforgettable but keep the Mentalist moving it to the Sunday night graveyard ala CSI Miami. Give me a break. Hope TNT picks up this show.

I enjoy the Mentalist as well and agree Sunday nights seem to mean 1 foot out the door these days
post #49 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by steverobertson View Post

I enjoy the Mentalist as well and agree Sunday nights seem to mean 1 foot out the door these days

We like the Mentalist too. It's just that the Red John thing is getting rather old.
post #50 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

TV Notes
Will Unforgettable' Live On? TNT & Lifetime Looking At Cancelled CBS Drama Series
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - May 17, 2012

EXCLUSIVE: The cancellation of CBS' freshman drama Unforgettable was one of the closest calls this upfront season. Now the procedural starring Poppy Montgomery and Dylan Walsh is exploring a move to cable.

I've learned that producers Sony Pictures TV and CBS TV Studios have had preliminary conversations with TNT and Lifetime about potentially picking up the series. Unforgettable, which centers on Carrie Wells (Montgomery), a New York detective with the ability to visually remember everything, would make sense for both TNT and Lifetime. TNT has had a lot of success with female-lead cop procedurals with The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles. Lifetime has tried hard to launch one with two recent series, The Protector and Against The Wall, both of which were cancelled after one season. Turner has been the most open to rescuing broadcast series with NBC's Southland going to TNT and most recently Cougar Town moving to TBS.

When asked what went wrong for Unforgettable to warrant the cancellation after a relatively solid first-season run, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler said the question is not what went wrong with Unforgettable but what went right with the new pilots. Unforgettable averaged 12 million viewers and a 2.5 among adults 18-49.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/will...-drama-series/

This would be a great addition to LifeTime!
post #51 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpillar View Post

We like the Mentalist too. It's just that the Red John thing is getting rather old.

That I agree with time to move on from that story.
post #52 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpillar View Post

We like the Mentalist too. It's just that the Red John thing is getting rather old.

Yes it is. Did anybody really believe Red John would be in that car? Dumb.
post #53 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpillar View Post

They cancel Unforgettable but keep the Mentalist moving it to the Sunday night graveyard ala CSI Miami. Give me a break. Hope TNT picks up this show.

Finally finished watching the finale last night.

Have the Unforgettable people call the Southland people......

While I'm in no way equating the writing/acting on Southland with Unforgettable I'm drawing the "hey, we'll go to a different network" parallel.

Sorry to see the show go.
post #54 of 88
From the "Hot Off The Press" Thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page) eek.gif

TV Notes
Unforgettable Returns To CBS With 13-Episode Order For Summer 2013
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - Jun. 19, 2012

EXCLUSIVE: It looks like procedural drama Unforgettable will indeed not go forgotten. I’ve learned that CBS, which cancelled the series starring Poppy Montgomery and Dylan Walsh in May after one season, is in discussions to bring it back with a 13-episode order targeted for next summer. The network declined comment.

Following the cancellation by CBS, Sony Pictures TV, which co-produces Unforgettable with CBS TV Studios, began actively shopping the series to other networks, including TNT and Lifetime. Unforgettable centers on Carrie Wells (Montgomery), a New York detective with the ability to visually remember everything, who works for a team led by her ex-partner and boyfriend, Lt. Al Burns (Walsh). Unforgettable would mark the highest-profile summer original scripted series to air on CBS in a long time. The network recently ran another crime procedural, Canadian import Flashpoint, in the off-season.

The axing of Unforgettable was surprising and one of the closest calls this upfront season. When asked at the day of CBS’ upfront presentation what went wrong for the show to warrant the cancellation after a relatively solid first-season run, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler said the question is not “what went wrong with Unforgettable but what went right with the new pilots.” In its first season, Unforgettable averaged 12.1 million viewers and a 2.5/7 among adults 18-49 and was the most-watched series on any network to get the hook.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/unforgettable-negotiations-cbs-return-summer-2013/
post #55 of 88
Quote:
is in discussions to bring it back

Their headline is misleading. CBS and Sony are in talks, but no firm decision has been made.

post #56 of 88
From the "Hot Off The Press" Thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page). cool.gif

TV Notes
It's Official: CBS Revives 'Unforgettable' for Summer 2013
By Lesley Goldberg, The Hollywood Reporter's 'Live Feed' Blog - Jun. 29, 2012

It's official: CBS is bringing Unforgettable back from the dead.

The network announced Friday via Twitter that it is reviving the Poppy Montgomery drama with a truncated 13-episode order for summer 2013.

"Hey #Unforgettable fans. It's official, the series will return to #CBS for summer 2013," CBSTweet wrote Friday afternoon.

The series about a female detective (Montgomery) who remembers everything except the day her sister was murdered was canceled in May to clear space on the network's schedule for the four drama pilots the network ordered to series.

The drama from Ed Redlich, Carl Beverly and Sarah Timberman had been a steady performer at 10 p.m. Tuesdays, averaging 12.1 million viewers and a 2.5 rating in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic.

The series was one of two at the time (including CBS' A Gifted Man) that hailed from EPs Beverly and Timberman to end their run in May. However, the duo's Sherlock Holmes drama Elementary was one of the network's hourlong efforts to land a series order. They will now have two series on the air.

Unforgettable, which co-stars Dylan Walsh (Nip/Tuck), joins Fox's Christian Slater workplace comedy Breaking In, which the network brought back from the dead after canceling it in May 2011.

Breaking In was canceled (for a third time) in May after it failed to attract viewers in its prime post-New Girl slot on Tuesdays, drawing around 3 million viewers.

Breaking In hailed from Sony Pictures Television, which produced Unforgettable with CBS Television Studios.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-unforgettable-renewed-summer-2013-343776
post #57 of 88
From the "Hot Off The Press" Thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page).

TV Notes
Supporting Cast Of Resurrected CBS Drama ‘Unforgettable’ Overhauled For Season 2
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - Jul. 18, 2012

CBS’ Unforgettable beat the odds by scoring a 13-episode second-season renewal after getting cancelled in May. But not everyone from the drama procedural’s cast will be back when series returns next summer.

CBS and producing studios Sony Pictures TV and CBS TV Studios locked in stars Poppy Montgomery and Dylan Walsh before the series’ pickup last month. Also signed for Season 2 is Jane Curtin, who joined the series as a new regular halfway through the first season. The three were considered key to Unforgettable‘s renewal.

As for the rest of the series’ regular cast, none is expected to continue as producers are evaluating the show’s creative direction. “CBS made some creative changes and the supporting cast will not be returning next season,” Season 1 Unforgettable regular Daya Vaidya tweeted earlier this month. “Yea, Nina, Roe, Mike and Tanya r gone,” she wrote, referring to the characters played on the show by her and fellow regulars Kevin Rankin, Michael Gaston and Britt Lower.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/unforgettable-supporting-cast-not-returning-season-2-cbs/
post #58 of 88
Good news!
post #59 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

From the "Hot Off The Press" Thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page).
TV Notes
Supporting Cast Of Resurrected CBS Drama ‘Unforgettable’ Overhauled For Season 2
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - Jul. 18, 2012
CBS’ Unforgettable beat the odds by scoring a 13-episode second-season renewal after getting cancelled in May. But not everyone from the drama procedural’s cast will be back when series returns next summer.
CBS and producing studios Sony Pictures TV and CBS TV Studios locked in stars Poppy Montgomery and Dylan Walsh before the series’ pickup last month. Also signed for Season 2 is Jane Curtin, who joined the series as a new regular halfway through the first season. The three were considered key to Unforgettable‘s renewal.
As for the rest of the series’ regular cast, none is expected to continue as producers are evaluating the show’s creative direction. “CBS made some creative changes and the supporting cast will not be returning next season,” Season 1 Unforgettable regular Daya Vaidya tweeted earlier this month. “Yea, Nina, Roe, Mike and Tanya r gone,” she wrote, referring to the characters played on the show by her and fellow regulars Kevin Rankin, Michael Gaston and Britt Lower.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/unforgettable-supporting-cast-not-returning-season-2-cbs/

Supporting cast sucked. Too bad Kevin Rankin got his self all killed as "Devil" in "Justified" where he was worth watching. Not your best career decision to change series Kevin.
At least we still have Montgomery's poppies to watch.
post #60 of 88
I just saw the commercial for the new season of this during Big Brother tonight. It begins on July 28th . . . smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Unforgettable' on CBS HD