or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Page 53

post #1561 of 4670
Kind of disappointed they didn't fix the 3D bug.

Anyway, I just wanna reiterate that the bradygames strategy guide is excellent. Like really, really good. Half the guide is dedicated to MP, and it is *incredibly* detailed. They left nothing out, and then went over and above. It's like night and day compared to previous guides, and better than anything Ive ever seen on the net. When I finished going through it, I found out why - it was written by ErnestLe, optic nadeshot and tmartn. I'm not that into youtubers but these people clearly know their ****.

It's like 12 bucks on amazon, highly recommended. Also good for figuring out how the story branches in campaign, the intel and challenges, and generally wtf is going on in zombies.
post #1562 of 4670
What is the 3D bug? I have never actually tried to play in 3D.
post #1563 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

Suppose I'm delusional then, but I think the first week of Black Ops II has been almost flawless and to me, the game is much less laggy than MW3 was at this time.

Same here. 95%+ of the time no lag at all. Every game lags occaisionally, especially with a bad/distant host. To me, this game overall is not laggy.
post #1564 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

What is the 3D bug? I have never actually tried to play in 3D.

The left and right eye images are vertically misaligned on the 360. It should be horizontally offset only. Its like instant eyestrain. But the text and HUD aren't misaligned, which is even worse, cause your brain can't reconcile the two.

It's the only software bug I've ever experienced that's literally caused me physical pain.
post #1565 of 4670
I guess I will skip trying it for now!
post #1566 of 4670
alright, still working on the hail mary challenge. ive gotten several more "long shots" with the ax. the latest one was across the carrier width wise. guy was camping out at the two jets next to the control tower and i was straight across the carrier in the corner. still did not credit the hail mary. anyone know of a bug or something? or perhaps the minimum distance required?
post #1567 of 4670
these are pretty good, put your mouse over it to see the "real" meaning..
http://www.dorkly.com/article/46484/phrases-you-hear-over-xbox-live-and-what-they-really-mean
post #1568 of 4670
I have never hated playing any COD as much as I just did tonight. I was playing League Play for the achievement (lame, I know, but whatever), and I had to set my search preferences to "Normal" to even get into a game, and then it felt like everyone was running Ghost the whole time. I'm not the best player out there, but in public matches in BLOPSII, my KDR was staying positive. Switching to League Play was miserable for me. I know it's all about wins, but I couldn't get anything going. I was losing at least 90% of all 1-on-1's that I faced. Ugh...it sucked...needless to say, I'll be going back to public matches.

Steelhouse...thanks for the invite, and sorry to ignore. I just wanted to get this achievement out of the way. I'll look for you next time I'm on!
post #1569 of 4670
post #1570 of 4670
couple of quick questions now that i have leveled up the scorpion.. think i am going to try 870, assuming laser and long barrel for attachments, for perk 3 conditioning or dexterity?? also a question about attachments when it shows something increasing accuracy and you attach two of them, do they "cancel" eachother out.. meaning if red dot adds 2 and long barrel adds 3 to accuracy, does accuracy increase by 5? or not?? thanks
post #1571 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

couple of quick questions now that i have leveled up the scorpion.. think i am going to try 870, assuming laser and long barrel for attachments, for perk 3 conditioning or dexterity?? also a question about attachments when it shows something increasing accuracy and you attach two of them, do they "cancel" eachother out.. meaning if red dot adds 2 and long barrel adds 3 to accuracy, does accuracy increase by 5? or not?? thanks

Those bars are just damn lies anyway. :P

Go with dexterity. Extreme conditioning just conditions you to sprinting around too much. Dexterity will actually save your ass if you sprint at the wrong time.
post #1572 of 4670
I'm starting to get seriously annoyed, no, scratch that, I am getting FURIOUS at the sheer amount of ******** in this game. Lets start from the top:

Twice today I spawned next to a Bouncing Betty and died as soon as I got in. Are you serious Treyarch? Can you clowns really not make it so that when someone spawn in they don't get shot in the back (which happens at least once or twice every match or two), spawn under a Hellstorm missle (or Hunter Killer), or next to a damn Claymore or Betty?

Also, these maps are pissing me off. Do we really need 534 ways into a building? Do you guys have any idea how many times myself, my brother, and my oldest son were shot/stabbed in the back in our 3 hours playing the game today, even though we were doing everything possible to simply hold or control areas/slow down and work together? It's impossible, you can't work together in the game, IT WON'T LET YOU! You kill someone and magically they re-appear 20 seconds later and kill you. This map design might be among the worst yet in a CoD game and any defense I posted earlier in the thread I retract. The maps are too small and the entrances too many, to every area, and it makes it a slog to try and play slow. The game wants you to run and gun like a madman, but you can't sustain kill streaks in the game because every match is like playing on Dome from MW3. In MW3 I had occasionally 24-28 kills in a row sometimes, in Black Ops II, my top is like 12 and that was with a lot of help from the Sentry Gun. The pace is too fast and the maps just too small, the design, in a word, SUCKS. I don't know what they were going for in this game, but every match doesn't need to play like Dome and Nuketown, sometimes it's ok to have big maps that require some tactical thought, teamwork, and maybe a bit of patience. In BLOPS II, it's just one gigantic funnel on every map, right to the chokepoints.

Finally, and this I have said before, there are way too many people sniping and too many running around like jackasses with those damn knives, trying to stab. This crap is like MW2 and the hated, Lightweight, Marathon, Commando combo, where these immature idiots would just run around and stab, stab, stab. It makes for craptastic games and ruins the fun. Sniping, wow, they gotta nerf 'em or make them harder to use. If there is one on a team, fine, but we ran into teams in Core TDM that had 3-4 snipers on maps like Drone or Slums and you just couldn't get anywhere. For the first time since the game came out, I finally just stopped out of frustration. I started the day with a 1.60 KDR and dropped to a 1.48 today, it was a joke. The game seems to again be trying to do its best to appeal to the lowest common denominator; the dropshotters, running stabbers, quickscopers, shotgunners, while people that want to work together, slow down, control lines of sight, in other words, play with some strategic methods, those people are cast aside so we can make sure some jackass can run around with NO GUN, at top speed, and stab you right through your god damn bullets.

I've never been a basher of the Call of Duty series, you guys know that, and I used to follow the old axiom that the worst thing about CoD was the people that played it, but now I'm close to saying screw it because I don't think I can tolerate 12 more months of this kind of gameplay.

Sorry for the rant, just wanted to get this stuff off my chest.
post #1573 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

I'm starting to get seriously annoyed, no, scratch that, I am getting FURIOUS at the sheer amount of ******** in this game. Lets start from the top:
Twice today I spawned next to a Bouncing Betty and died as soon as I got in. Are you serious Treyarch? Can you clowns really not make it so that when someone spawn in they don't get shot in the back (which happens at least once or twice every match or two), spawn under a Hellstorm missle (or Hunter Killer), or next to a damn Claymore or Betty?

I haven't played a game yet, in 20 years of PC and console gaming that is that smart. Why would you assume this was now suddenly possible?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post


Also, these maps are pissing me off. Do we really need 534 ways into a building? Do you guys have any idea how many times myself, my brother, and my oldest son were shot/stabbed in the back in our 3 hours playing the game today, even though we were doing everything possible to simply hold or control areas/slow down and work together? It's impossible, you can't work together in the game, IT WON'T LET YOU! You kill someone and magically they re-appear 20 seconds later and kill you. This map design might be among the worst yet in a CoD game and any defense I posted earlier in the thread I retract.

Just because this is a "Call of Duty" title does not mean it is anything like MW3 and you can't play like it is. I can't believe you can't learn to adjust your play style to suit the game like the rest of us have.
This isn't the first time we've gone through this. COD4 to W@W, MW2 to Black Ops, now MW3 to BO2. There's always an adjustment. The more you play the easier it becomes.

BTW - I love the maps, love the multiple entry points. More realistic. Plus you can use it to your advantage once you learn the maps. It all seems random to you but it's not. Unlock Ghost, get a shotty with a long barrel, and you can own the small maps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

I've never been a basher of the Call of Duty series, you guys know that, and I used to follow the old axiom that the worst thing about CoD was the people that played it, but now I'm close to saying screw it because I don't think I can tolerate 12 more months of this kind of gameplay.
Sorry for the rant, just wanted to get this stuff off my chest.

Again, this is a whole new game.
It shares a brand but nothing more.
To assume that it's going to be like the other games, or that the faults of the other games would be gone, is wishful thinking.
I've been getting commando knifed through bullets since '99 when I was playing the OpFor mod for Half Life.
It's because of lag and that's never going away so you got a choice:
Don't play or play and learn to adapt.

Complaining on a AVS though is silly. What does it accomplish? Nothing.
post #1574 of 4670
On the whole I really like the maps too. Almost all of them show a level of care in design that we haven't seen since MW2.

My only real gripe is that you can't tie your streaks to your class. That's just a really ****** regression.
post #1575 of 4670
I'm really liking the maps as well. The multiple entry/exit points add a degree of difficulty in game types like S&D, Hardpoint, and HQ, and make it so you can't necessarily just camp one or two doorways when holding points. Design-wise, it doesn't feel that much different from Blops 1, so it's not like this game has thrown me for a loop...
post #1576 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

I haven't played a game yet, in 20 years of PC and console gaming that is that smart. Why would you assume this was now suddenly possible?

For what it's worth, I never recall having this issue in prior installments. There is no spawn protection at all that I can tell in BO2. You should at least have increased explosive resistance for like 2 seconds upon spawning.
post #1577 of 4670
It's like the took the nuketown philosophy of map building and applied it to the whole lot.

Each map is basically symmetrical at the flag sides, very different on the flanks. There is a distinct middle battleground, which represents the shortest, but most dangerous route from one side to the other. Opposing overwatch points, with multiple entry points to them, usually including one where you can climb straight up into their face. Mw3 didn't have any of these essential features. Each map there was just a hodgepodge of little battlegrounds, often without a unifying theme or structure.

But that idea had some merit and they haven't entirely lost that, where each little portion of the map presents its own challenges....think about how different each flank of raid or aftermath is.

My personal favorites are slums and raid, but there's no map that makes me groan, other than maybe carrier. But I'm even warming to that one too.
post #1578 of 4670
I think after this weekend I will most likely be playing a ton of Domination. I really like how they split it into halves and the placements of the B flag. To me the spawns are more predictable and my k/d and wins are increasing.
post #1579 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

I haven't played a game yet, in 20 years of PC and console gaming that is that smart. Why would you assume this was now suddenly possible?
Just because this is a "Call of Duty" title does not mean it is anything like MW3 and you can't play like it is. I can't believe you can't learn to adjust your play style to suit the game like the rest of us have.
This isn't the first time we've gone through this. COD4 to W@W, MW2 to Black Ops, now MW3 to BO2. There's always an adjustment. The more you play the easier it becomes.
BTW - I love the maps, love the multiple entry points. More realistic. Plus you can use it to your advantage once you learn the maps. It all seems random to you but it's not. Unlock Ghost, get a shotty with a long barrel, and you can own the small maps.
Again, this is a whole new game.
It shares a brand but nothing more.
To assume that it's going to be like the other games, or that the faults of the other games would be gone, is wishful thinking.
I've been getting commando knifed through bullets since '99 when I was playing the OpFor mod for Half Life.
It's because of lag and that's never going away so you got a choice:
Don't play or play and learn to adapt.
Complaining on a AVS though is silly. What does it accomplish? Nothing.

Look here sport, all I was doing is commenting, ranting a bit, about some things other people have also brought up. It's not "silly" and every comment in this thread doesn't have to involve heaps of praise being laid at the altar of CoD.

Now, to address your points:

I know it's a "different game", my problem is that they don't seem intent on doing anything to stop the cheese or the exploits that people find in the game engine. Also, how is having this many entrances to buildings more realistic? Instead of creating a few chokepoints you can strategize and plan around, now you've got 6 ways into a building and regardless of teamwork, you can't put enough manpower or ordinance into a specific area to have a chance. I don't think that's better at all, what they have done is just given an advantage to the asshats that run shotgun kits, or stab at full speed, or any of the other crap these morons do.

I would have liked to have seen some of the elevation changes scrapped and have the maps widened a bit and made it so that they were more in the Battlefield 3 scope, than slightly larger "Dome-type" of maps. For people that use LMG's or Assault Rifles, it puts you at a remarkable disadvantage because everyone that isn't sniping is using a Shotgun or an SMG with Rapid Fire.
post #1580 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by drudiggs View Post

I'm really liking the maps as well. The multiple entry/exit points add a degree of difficulty in game types like S&D, Hardpoint, and HQ, and make it so you can't necessarily just camp one or two doorways when holding points. Design-wise, it doesn't feel that much different from Blops 1, so it's not like this game has thrown me for a loop...

Except in BLOPS I the areas like the rear on Jungle were wide enough you could spread out and cover the territory. In this game, that often is impossible.
post #1581 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdalou View Post

For what it's worth, I never recall having this issue in prior installments. There is no spawn protection at all that I can tell in BO2. You should at least have increased explosive resistance for like 2 seconds upon spawning.

Agreed, and I don't know what games he's been playing but this never happened to me in any other CoD and I've played them all back to the original on the PC. Jammy tends to not like me though and I think he was more interested in slamming me and my opinion than actually thinking about what I said.
post #1582 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

It's like the took the nuketown philosophy of map building and applied it to the whole lot.
Each map is basically symmetrical at the flag sides, very different on the flanks. There is a distinct middle battleground, which represents the shortest, but most dangerous route from one side to the other. Opposing overwatch points, with multiple entry points to them, usually including one where you can climb straight up into their face. Mw3 didn't have any of these essential features. Each map there was just a hodgepodge of little battlegrounds, often without a unifying theme or structure.
But that idea had some merit and they haven't entirely lost that, where each little portion of the map presents its own challenges....think about how different each flank of raid or aftermath is.
My personal favorites are slums and raid, but there's no map that makes me groan, other than maybe carrier. But I'm even warming to that one too.

I actually agree with most of what you said there and ironically, the maps you listed are my two favorites also. Carrier and Hijack can go straight to hell though, I hate those maps with a burning passion. We got spawn camped repeatedly on Hijack yesterday in one match and it was completely unfair. The spawn system in CoD games might actually be at the lowest point in the entire series with this game....it just sucks.
post #1583 of 4670
Thread Starter 
Hello everybody!
post #1584 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

I actually agree with most of what you said there and ironically, the maps you listed are my two favorites also. Carrier and Hijack can go straight to hell though, I hate those maps with a burning passion. We got spawn camped repeatedly on Hijack yesterday in one match and it was completely unfair. The spawn system in CoD games might actually be at the lowest point in the entire series with this game....it just sucks.

Hey, you can't get spawn camped on Hijack! You spawn behind the other team even when they're not in your spawn! smile.gif

For what it's worth, I like that map a lot even with the spawn issues, but that's just because I tend to like smaller maps in general.
post #1585 of 4670
Hey man, long time no see.
post #1586 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

Hello everybody!

Oh Jesus I just removed your ass from my friends list - you're not allowed to reappear now!
post #1587 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdalou View Post

Hey, you can't get spawn camped on Hijack! You spawn behind the other team even when they're not in your spawn! smile.gif
For what it's worth, I like that map a lot even with the spawn issues, but that's just because I tend to like smaller maps in general.

Yeah, what these bastards did was sit up on that balcony and turned around and for 2-3 spawns, most of our team was just spawning in and it was a turkey shoot. Not fun when that happens. mad.gif
post #1588 of 4670
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

Hey man, long time no see.

I haven't been on xbl for a long time. I still come by here and see what's poppin from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdalou View Post

Oh Jesus I just removed your ass from my friends list - you're not allowed to reappear now!

My bad, chief. =(
post #1589 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

It's like the took the nuketown philosophy of map building and applied it to the whole lot.
Each map is basically symmetrical at the flag sides, very different on the flanks. There is a distinct middle battleground, which represents the shortest, but most dangerous route from one side to the other. Opposing overwatch points, with multiple entry points to them, usually including one where you can climb straight up into their face. Mw3 didn't have any of these essential features. Each map there was just a hodgepodge of little battlegrounds, often without a unifying theme or structure.
But that idea had some merit and they haven't entirely lost that, where each little portion of the map presents its own challenges....think about how different each flank of raid or aftermath is.
My personal favorites are slums and raid, but there's no map that makes me groan, other than maybe carrier. But I'm even warming to that one too.

I actually agree with most of what you said there and ironically, the maps you listed are my two favorites also. Carrier and Hijack can go straight to hell though, I hate those maps with a burning passion. We got spawn camped repeatedly on Hijack yesterday in one match and it was completely unfair. The spawn system in CoD games might actually be at the lowest point in the entire series with this game....it just sucks.

The key to breaking a spawn trap on both of those maps, is the tunnel, which you are never, ever spawned into. Hijacked has it under the center, carrier on the flank. Hijacked also has a little path on the side too. And it's so small and specific that you should be able to chuck a few grenades to break emplacements.

Once a solid team covers all the angles (usually three) from a specific vantage point in blops 2 maps, you can't rely on gunplay to break them. They have the upper hand on that. Smoke grenade them and flank or charge, cook frags...you always have options.
post #1590 of 4670
On the spawn issues, I really wish they would go back to the old school method of two spawn points with a good amount of cover and a 3-5 second invincibility. If you get trapped in your spawn it's your own damn fault. I don't mind being spawn killed if my team isn't good enough to compete. I do mind being shot in the back just because the game randomly decided to spawn someone behind me where I spawned 3 seconds before.

I remember playing the first ghost recon and getting spawn killed over and over and over because it didn't even have the limited invincibility. Made you learn to get better at the game or quit. Toughen up pu$$ies.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Call of Duty: Black Ops 2