or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Page 110

post #3271 of 4670
I've been trying for gold on the FHJ launcher and can't get the damn AGR kill. I had one game where I launched 2 rockets at it and it didn't blow up.
post #3272 of 4670
Best way to do it is one EMP Grenade, then one FHJ on it. That is what worked for me and got me my "gold".
post #3273 of 4670
Weird because I've hit it with 2 rockets from the launcher and it just drives away. I don't understand how much damage it has to take.
post #3274 of 4670
They take a pounding, but like I said, I got mine by using an EMP, then an FHJ. Try it, should work fine for you.

Good luck!
post #3275 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

They take a pounding, but like I said, I got mine by using an EMP, then an FHJ. Try it, should work fine for you.

Good luck!

Be careful doing that though. Sometimes an EMP will kill it all by itself. I'm assuming if it's already been otherwise damaged.
post #3276 of 4670
I got lucky with mine. Essentially someone dropped it in our spawn. I respawned as it dropped and hit it with 2 FHJs and bang it was done. No damage taken prior to me hitting with the first FHJ. I took no damage in the process as the operator paid no attention to me.

Just lucky perhaps.
post #3277 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

Be careful doing that though. Sometimes an EMP will kill it all by itself. I'm assuming if it's already been otherwise damaged.

Good point!
post #3278 of 4670
Just finished the SMAW and Type 25. smile.gif I am already up to around 45 kills with the RPG. Also working on the AN-94 now.
post #3279 of 4670
Fun Fact: If you are playing Hardcore KC and you launch a hellstorm that takes out 4 teammates, COD will kick you. cool.gifrolleyes.gif
post #3280 of 4670
Thread Starter 
4 assault rifles done with gold, halfway there with the 5th one. Some nights I feel like I am just not reacting quick enough and get slaughtered. Also, the SCAR-H, one of my favorite in the game that I do really well with took the longest to get gold. Here is a trick that I use to acquire gold quicker. For getting the maximum number of headshots, I play core domination, which gives me small maps that I can run around and find plenty of enemies quickly. The reason I play core because I don't want the enemy to die from body shots. After the headshot challenge, I play hardcore without attachments and perks. I find this method works pretty well for me because a few shots gets me the kills I need and I can usually knock out 3-4 challenges at once.
post #3281 of 4670
I need a triple kill with an RPG to get Diamond on the launchers.


David Vonderhaar ‏@DavidVonderhaar

Still at work doing that final grind on the next update. It's a big one. Nerfs. Buffs. Bug fixes. Features. Dinosaurs. Details to come.
post #3282 of 4670
Thread Starter 
5 down. 4 more to go. Why did I pick the longest and most difficult weapons class only god can tell. I am always making wrong choices in life frown.gif
post #3283 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

5 down. 4 more to go. Why did I pick the longest and most difficult weapons class only god can tell. I am always making wrong choices in life frown.gif

Because you wanted to take on a great challenge. biggrin.gif I just finished the 100 headshots with the AN-94 so now I am on the long haul of 150 kills with no attachments or perks. I am not going in order with the AR's. When I finish the AN-94, that will be 5 done. I will still have the MTAR, SWAT, SCAR and SMR left to go.
post #3284 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

I need a triple kill with an RPG to get Diamond on the launchers.


David Vonderhaar ‏@DavidVonderhaar

Still at work doing that final grind on the next update. It's a big one. Nerfs. Buffs. Bug fixes. Features. Dinosaurs. Details to come.

If they actually put dinosaurs in the game I would play a lot more.
post #3285 of 4670
post #3286 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

I need a triple kill with an RPG to get Diamond on the launchers.


David Vonderhaar ‏@DavidVonderhaar

Still at work doing that final grind on the next update. It's a big one. Nerfs. Buffs. Bug fixes. Features. Dinosaurs. Details to come.
No mention of spawns of course. About time for me to trade this POS in I think.
post #3287 of 4670
Thread Starter 
Today's personal best 56-9 with FAL.
post #3288 of 4670
Had fun with RPG's Last night never thought i could go positive...

No Primary
RPG

Flack jacket
Fast Hands & Scavenger
Dexterity

2 symtex
tac instert


Trolling complete.
post #3289 of 4670
Anyone playing hardcore games primarily? Looking for some more folks to play with on hardcore...

GT: Kiloe Whiskey
post #3290 of 4670
Man, not having any perks or attachments sucks.
post #3291 of 4670
Its challenging for me not to use dexterity. I usually try and play HCKC when i need no perks/attachements
post #3292 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudubb1n View Post

Its challenging for me not to use dexterity. I usually try and play HCKC when i need no perks/attachements

Ditto. I will play some HC games when I go for the no attachments and perks camos.

Finished the AN-94 last night so I am on to the SWAT now. It's taking me a while to get headshots with that gun. Not a big fan of it.
post #3293 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

Fun Fact: If you are playing Hardcore KC and you launch a hellstorm that takes out 4 teammates, COD will kick you. cool.gifrolleyes.gif

LOL, hence the reason I don't play Hardcore. Never understood the reason to let your teammates able to be killed by your own armament. HC should be exactly like it is now, but without friendly fire.
post #3294 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

LOL, hence the reason I don't play Hardcore. Never understood the reason to let your teammates able to be killed by your own armament. HC should be exactly like it is now, but without friendly fire.

That would defeat the purpose of HC.

HC came about because players wanted a more realistic COD game. It starts at the very basic where it only takes 1 or 2 hits to kill, which would more than likely be what would happen in real combat using battlefield rifles. Its also the reason why the HUD is missing, as again in real combat you wouldnt have a real-time digital map available showing your teammate location at all times. You also wouldnt be aware of the score or round count for your magazine. Lastly if you call in an airstrike or missle strike on a position, technically speaking you are going to kill everyone in that location.. to include friendlies. Same goes for your firearms.. bullets dont have names.. if you get excited and shoot something that moves it could very well be friend or foe.

I hope HC stays exactly as is. I also like that HC generally rewards players headset users with an advantage. Just like in real combat.. you use your ears as much as you would your eyes. And stealth is your best protection. I generally run HC specific classes to include things like silencers on all my firearms, no area-blast munitions (no grenades, missle strikes, etc) and even change my killstreaks to ones that will put a radar for myself & teammates.
post #3295 of 4670
In a HC TDM game last night I started 9-0 and then my teammate got a warthog. It tore the **** out of everything including me at least twice! He killed at least 6 teammates with it and was not booted from the game. After it's first pass he was cracking up saying "goodnight everybody", thinking he would be kicked. To all of our surprise, he stayed in the game even after at least 1 teammate was killed with each pass of the warthog.
post #3296 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

In a HC TDM game last night I started 9-0 and then my teammate got a warthog. It tore the **** out of everything including me at least twice! He killed at least 6 teammates with it and was not booted from the game. After it's first pass he was cracking up saying "goodnight everybody", thinking he would be kicked. To all of our surprise, he stayed in the game even after at least 1 teammate was killed with each pass of the warthog.

Sounds like he was host.
post #3297 of 4670
Thread Starter 
I also play HC when completing the no attachment and no perk challenges.
post #3298 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

That would defeat the purpose of HC.

HC came about because players wanted a more realistic COD game. It starts at the very basic where it only takes 1 or 2 hits to kill, which would more than likely be what would happen in real combat using battlefield rifles. Its also the reason why the HUD is missing, as again in real combat you wouldnt have a real-time digital map available showing your teammate location at all times. You also wouldnt be aware of the score or round count for your magazine. Lastly if you call in an airstrike or missle strike on a position, technically speaking you are going to kill everyone in that location.. to include friendlies. Same goes for your firearms.. bullets dont have names.. if you get excited and shoot something that moves it could very well be friend or foe.

I hope HC stays exactly as is. I also like that HC generally rewards players headset users with an advantage. Just like in real combat.. you use your ears as much as you would your eyes. And stealth is your best protection. I generally run HC specific classes to include things like silencers on all my firearms, no area-blast munitions (no grenades, missle strikes, etc) and even change my killstreaks to ones that will put a radar for myself & teammates.

How? I know some other games where they have a "realism" type mode but the TK stuff is turned off. Prevents accidents like the other person described earlier, where going after enemies with scorestreaks results in team deaths. Hardcore is great, I like it and agree with most of what you say, but friendly fire isn't necessary to maintain a stronger sense of realism. smile.gif Just my two cents and I know they won't change it, just something with that mode that prevents me from playing it as much as I normally would.
post #3299 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

That would defeat the purpose of HC.

HC came about because players wanted a more realistic COD game. It starts at the very basic where it only takes 1 or 2 hits to kill, which would more than likely be what would happen in real combat using battlefield rifles. Its also the reason why the HUD is missing, as again in real combat you wouldnt have a real-time digital map available showing your teammate location at all times. You also wouldnt be aware of the score or round count for your magazine. Lastly if you call in an airstrike or missle strike on a position, technically speaking you are going to kill everyone in that location.. to include friendlies. Same goes for your firearms.. bullets dont have names.. if you get excited and shoot something that moves it could very well be friend or foe.

I hope HC stays exactly as is. I also like that HC generally rewards players headset users with an advantage. Just like in real combat.. you use your ears as much as you would your eyes. And stealth is your best protection. I generally run HC specific classes to include things like silencers on all my firearms, no area-blast munitions (no grenades, missle strikes, etc) and even change my killstreaks to ones that will put a radar for myself & teammates.

Perfectly stated Daekwon. All those points just validate for me why I view Core as amateur hour. IMO, you pit two players against each other from both modes at equal skill level and I'd venture to say the HC player will be the better one.
post #3300 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

How? I know some other games where they have a "realism" type mode but the TK stuff is turned off. Prevents accidents like the other person described earlier, where going after enemies with scorestreaks results in team deaths. Hardcore is great, I like it and agree with most of what you say, but friendly fire isn't necessary to maintain a stronger sense of realism. smile.gif Just my two cents and I know they won't change it, just something with that mode that prevents me from playing it as much as I normally would.

Having accountability makes it better. You want to call in an air strike, you better communicate where you're dropping it. Like Daekwon said, having that realism aspect makes it attractive for some of us...while others like seeing some sort of accountability.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Call of Duty: Black Ops 2