or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Page 111

post #3301 of 4670
Don't give it too much real credit... you can still run around with akimbo pistols and use your third arm to knife someone and then switch to your 30+ lb sniper rifle for a quick scope kill @ 100 yards before setting a tac insert and hurling a frag half way across the map wink.gif
post #3302 of 4670
Thread Starter 
I needed to take down a dragon fire with my launcher to get the gold camo for smaw but when I locked and fired the damn thing turned and my projectile flew into a corner of a bulding! so pissed!

Btw, how can I make launchers lock onto targets quicker?
post #3303 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Don't give it too much real credit... you can still run around with akimbo pistols and use your third arm to knife someone and then switch to your 30+ lb sniper rifle for a quick scope kill @ 100 yards before setting a tac insert and hurling a frag half way across the map wink.gif

Haha good stuff!
post #3304 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

I needed to take down a dragon fire with my launcher to get the gold camo for smaw but when I locked and fired the damn thing turned and my projectile flew into a corner of a bulding! so pissed!

Btw, how can I make launchers lock onto targets quicker?

Try using fast hands
post #3305 of 4670
Thread Starter 
Tried fast hand but it doesn't let you lock on to aircrafts quicker. I did get my gold though.
post #3306 of 4670
From Charlie Intel: http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/01/22/double-xp-weekend-for-black-ops-2-from-jan-25th-to-jan-28th/

Treyarch has announced via the Message of the Day that Black Ops 2 will be having a double XP weekend, this weekend from Jan 25th (at 10am PST) to Jan 28th (at 10am PST). This is to go along with the launch of Nuketown Zombies for PS3/PC (Season Pass).

And with Double XP, they will also have Nuketown 24/7 for the weekend!
post #3307 of 4670
Also from Charlie Intel: http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/01/22/activision-to-show-next-generation-game-engine-at-gdc/


Activision to show "Next Gen" game engine at GDC

Jorge Jimenez, real-time graphics R&D man at Activision Blizzard, has posted a new blog post on his site stating that he will be at GDC showing off a rendering of a next-generation game engine that Activision is working on.

Jimenez will lead a 60 minute presentation on ‘Photorealistic Eyes Rendering and Deformation’ at the GDC event. The GDC takes place between March 25th to March 29th.

According to the presentation schedule, the presentation description says:

The talk will show high-quality next-generation shading driven with a plausible game rig. Ultimately, our goal is to overcome the uncanny valley with next-gen run-time techniques and good artistic direction.

Lots of rumors going around that Activision’s next Call of Duty game will be a launch title for next-generation consoles. Theres still no confirmation that this new game engine will be used for the next Call of Duty but we’re going to keep a close eye on it anyways…


post #3308 of 4670
I doubt the first cod or two on the next gen will look radically different....they still need to port them to ps3/360. I don't think there's any doubt its coming out though, cod was there for every console launch since 2005.
post #3309 of 4670
Apparently the voice actor for Captain Price, Billy Murray, inadvertently mentioned he was set to record his lines. So I don't think there is any doubt we will see MW4 in November. The question is will it be a launch title for the next Xbox.


http://www.t3.com/news/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-4-news-rumours-price-and-release-date
post #3310 of 4670
Double XP?

Are they going to add extra prestiges for the losers that have already maxed out? smile.gif
post #3311 of 4670
Does anyone really get amped for Nuketown 24/7 anymore? You can play Chaos Moshpit and pretty much every other map is Nuketown, so it's not THAT big of a deal anymore, I would think. LOVE the map, not putting it down, just kinda chuckle at the whole "Nuketwon 24/7" announcements though. Big thumbs up for Double XP though. smile.gif
post #3312 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

Does anyone really get amped for Nuketown 24/7 anymore? You can play Chaos Moshpit and pretty much every other map is Nuketown, so it's not THAT big of a deal anymore, I would think. LOVE the map, not putting it down, just kinda chuckle at the whole "Nuketwon 24/7" announcements though. Big thumbs up for Double XP though. smile.gif
I jumped into Chaos Moshpit the other day and both Carrier and Cargo were voting options... I thought they'd changed something. The need to mix Nuketown in the regular rotation already.
post #3313 of 4670
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

Does anyone really get amped for Nuketown 24/7 anymore? You can play Chaos Moshpit and pretty much every other map is Nuketown, so it's not THAT big of a deal anymore, I would think. LOVE the map, not putting it down, just kinda chuckle at the whole "Nuketwon 24/7" announcements though. Big thumbs up for Double XP though. smile.gif

Maps like Nuketown, Rust, and Shipment are similar in the sense that they are all very small maps setup for chaos. Hijacked, BO2, is like one of those small maps, so, Nuketown doesn't really excite me. Double XP, doesn't do anything for me either since I am more concerned about achieving diamond camo over moving up the prestige ladder.
post #3314 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I jumped into Chaos Moshpit the other day and both Carrier and Cargo were voting options... I thought they'd changed something. The need to mix Nuketown in the regular rotation already.

I agree, Nuketown should just be a map like the others at this point. The other maps are in Chaos Moshpit (they are supposed to only be smaller maps, but I don't think Carrier is all that small) but Nuketown shows up a lot, in fact, sometimes both choices are just game variants of Nuketown.
post #3315 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

Maps like Nuketown, Rust, and Shipment are similar in the sense that they are all very small maps setup for chaos. Hijacked, BO2, is like one of those small maps, so, Nuketown doesn't really excite me. Double XP, doesn't do anything for me either since I am more concerned about achieving diamond camo over moving up the prestige ladder.

Yeah, I'm with you there, I think Hijacked has kind of stolen some of Nuketown's thunder. As for Diamond, I will never get any of them, I just don't have the time to devote to doing that, but I respect anyone that can. I'm pleased when I get Gold on some of 'em. smile.gif That makes me feel like I accomplished something and is enough reward to me. Plus, I tend to stick with certain weapons and not "play 'em all", like I used to. Guns like the Chicom, Sniper Rifles, the M8, I doubt I will ever touch 'em.
post #3316 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I doubt the first cod or two on the next gen will look radically different....they still need to port them to ps3/360. I don't think there's any doubt its coming out though, cod was there for every console launch since 2005.

I dont know man.

I remember specifically when the Xbox360 was to be released the first week of November 2005. I did a pre-launch, pre-order combo, with Best Buy that included the "Pro" console w/20GB HDD, 2 wireless and 2 launch of your choice for $599 was considered a great deal ($399 console + $49 controller + $120 for games). I remember picking Madden '06 and some other title.. and was waiting on my order to ship. I was excited right up until I saw COD2 running in Gamestop/EB and could.. not.. believe.. my eyes!!! It was hands down the best graphics I had ever seen on a console. I instantly started calling Best Buy like crazy to make sure the two games in my order would be Madden & COD2.

You could say the same happened in the summer of 2007, the graphics in COD4: Modern Warfare were considered "photo-realistic" at the time. It cause a big stir in the videogame world, but who knew that 60FPS motion & addictive online gameplay is what would really make the game successful. For all the shout & praise Sony did with the Killzone title.. COD4 still stole its lunch.



All of that said.. I expect the next gen COD title to "change the game" again as far as FPS on a console is considered. COD remains the standard.
post #3317 of 4670
Live action trailer for the Revolution map pack. biggrin.gif
post #3318 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

Live action trailer for the Revolution map pack. biggrin.gif
Pretty damn funny! Peter Stormare freakin rawks!
post #3319 of 4670
"Now you go clean up my sh*t" LOL
post #3320 of 4670
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

Yeah, I'm with you there, I think Hijacked has kind of stolen some of Nuketown's thunder. As for Diamond, I will never get any of them, I just don't have the time to devote to doing that, but I respect anyone that can. I'm pleased when I get Gold on some of 'em. smile.gif That makes me feel like I accomplished something and is enough reward to me. Plus, I tend to stick with certain weapons and not "play 'em all", like I used to. Guns like the Chicom, Sniper Rifles, the M8, I doubt I will ever touch 'em.

You are so close! The diamond camo will unlock once you get gold on all of the weapons in that class and since you got gold on some of them, I would just go ahead and get gold for the rest =]
post #3321 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Pretty damn funny! Peter Stormare freakin rawks!

You can go see him have an awkward Texas accent in the new Arnold movie, The Last Stand.
post #3322 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

I dont know man.

I remember specifically when the Xbox360 was to be released the first week of November 2005. I did a pre-launch, pre-order combo, with Best Buy that included the "Pro" console w/20GB HDD, 2 wireless and 2 launch of your choice for $599 was considered a great deal ($399 console + $49 controller + $120 for games). I remember picking Madden '06 and some other title.. and was waiting on my order to ship. I was excited right up until I saw COD2 running in Gamestop/EB and could.. not.. believe.. my eyes!!! It was hands down the best graphics I had ever seen on a console. I instantly started calling Best Buy like crazy to make sure the two games in my order would be Madden & COD2.

You could say the same happened in the summer of 2007, the graphics in COD4: Modern Warfare were considered "photo-realistic" at the time. It cause a big stir in the videogame world, but who knew that 60FPS motion & addictive online gameplay is what would really make the game successful. For all the shout & praise Sony did with the Killzone title.. COD4 still stole its lunch.



All of that said.. I expect the next gen COD title to "change the game" again as far as FPS on a console is considered. COD remains the standard.

Yeah that's about the leap I expect. I had that same feeling seeing cod2 in best buy....no way it looks that good and runs so smooth. Cod 2 looked like far more than an Xbox game, but you could still see the lineage. I could almost see it running on a PS2, at a much lower quality. Like you say, it wasnt till cod4 where it seemed completely impossible on the last gen. And blops2/mw3 even more so.

I expect to be impressed, but unless mw4 is running at 30fps on the 360, so they could really go wild with the next gen....I think it'll be a little while longer before it blows people away.

I do think the series will survive and I'll keep buying them, but I also think its time to pass the crown too. That's a whole other thread though. tongue.gif
post #3323 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

You can go see him have an awkward Texas accent in the new Arnold movie, The Last Stand.
Pass, that looks pretty lousy. I still think his high water mark was Fargo but for what it was worth I liked him in Constantine and a few others as well.
post #3324 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

You are so close! The diamond camo will unlock once you get gold on all of the weapons in that class and since you got gold on some of them, I would just go ahead and get gold for the rest =]

I know, but I have to almost force myself to use certain guns and then it becomes more grind, less fun. I'm right at gold on the Type25 right now and I can't wait to put it down so I can get back to the SWAT 556. Plus, I have certain kits for certain maps and that slows me down even more. frown.gif I think I will just settle for Gold or quit my job......better just settle for Gold. smile.gif
post #3325 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Pass, that looks pretty lousy. I still think his high water mark was Fargo but for what it was worth I liked him in Constantine and a few others as well.

Agreed. He was quite good in 8mm also.
post #3326 of 4670
Thread Starter 
I am curious as to what the new weapon will do the our camo, specifically the diamond camo. If it's going to be another assault rifle then I hope to get diamond unlocked before that hits and I pray that the diamond will also be unlocked for the new one or doesn't take away diamond until gold camo is unlocked for the new one.
post #3327 of 4670
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

Agreed. He was quite good in 8mm also.

Also in Armageddon
post #3328 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

Agreed. He was quite good in 8mm also.
He was one of the few things that movie had going for it, but I'm not much of a Cage fan either.

He was also a voice in Mercenaries 2. Not sure if you ever played that, it was much inferior to its predecesor but still fun. Mercenaries was like a fun version of GTA... you get all the open world fun, contract kills, and exploration with plenty of weapons but also destructible enviro's, jacking tanks, choppers, etc., and a kickass variety of airstrikes to call in at-will. Too bad they have not done anything more with that franchise, it was really fun.
post #3329 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

I am curious as to what the new weapon will do the our camo, specifically the diamond camo. If it's going to be another assault rifle then I hope to get diamond unlocked before that hits and I pray that the diamond will also be unlocked for the new one or doesn't take away diamond until gold camo is unlocked for the new one.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/12203/article/black-ops-2-vonderhaar-explains-how-the-peacekeeper-smg-will-work/

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2's Revolution map pack is about a week away from release for the Xbox 360. While we already know some of the details surrounding it, there are still a ton of questions left up in the air. One of these questions is how the game will handle its first-ever weapon DLC.

For those unfamiliar with what I'm referring to, Revolution will include the Peacekeeper SMG, which will only be available if you buy the map pack. So, what will happen if you pick it up but you haven't bought the DLC? Will it affect how you gain diamond camos for the SMG gun type? Luckily for us, game director David "Vahn" Vonderhaar went on Twitter to answer these questions.

To keep things simple, we've posted what Vahn tweeted word-for-word regarding the Peacekeeper. These are all tweets straight from Vahn himself, so the details shared below are 100% legit.


If you have Diamond SMGs, you have to level up the Peacekeeper to Gold to unlock its Diamond camo.

You *do not* need to level up the Peacekeeper, to get Diamond on the rest of the SMGs. All will go Diamond when you get them Gold.

And you'll be able to pick up the Peacekeeper off the ground, see it Sharpshooter, or Customs, etc., all even if you don't own Revolution.

Well, there you have it. Players will be able to pick up the SMG just like a normal weapon, but I doubt you can unlock its challenges or access it in Create-a-Class. For those looking to unlock the diamond camos for SMG, then the Peacekeeper shouldn't be any trouble at all. On the contrary, if you've already unlocked the camo, this new SMG will give you a new challenge in unlocking all its weapon skins.

Who among you are tired of the game's vanilla maps and can't wait for Revolution to drop? Do you think the Peacekeeper SMG will bring with it a new set of weapon balancing problems?

Revolution is scheduled to hit Xbox LIVE on January 29 with the PC and PS3 versions to follow at a later date.
post #3330 of 4670
Thread Starter 
Killing 2 enemies while capping enemy flag with hardline supposedly gives you 1410 points. That outta give you them high scorestreaks with ease. Going to test this out the next time I am on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Call of Duty: Black Ops 2