or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Page 114

post #3391 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Now that I've got a few guns past 100 headshots, Im starting to really dislike these challenges. I catch myself focusing more on completing them than actually caring about winning the game. As soon as I get 3 kills I turtle up somewhere to try and get the bloodthirsty medals, instead of trying to cap flags. I'm becoming that guy I hate, that puts their k/d, streak, whatever....before actually winning.

This will continue to be a problem as long as they keep making these silly challenges. It's like a huge chunk of players in any given match are literally playing a different game. Most are playing domination, and the rest are playing the camo game.

It's not like there has been a 180 degree switch on how people have played the game. There has always been maybe half the people in the room actually playing the game the way it is supposed to be played. The other half seem to play objective games as extended TDM games where they can get the opportunity for more time to get kills instead of it ending when one team has 75 cumulative kills.
post #3392 of 4670
yeah nothing better than playing and someone running around with a RPG trying to get a double kill all while contributing nothing to the team
post #3393 of 4670
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

this is one of my fav 2 guns to use in HC, it is a beast and very easy to get headshots with... but once again only in HC

I agree, in HC, this gun and the SWAT kick major azz. After 8 straight hours of gaming last night, I got the 100 headshots challenge for the M8A1 and then 1 hour playing HC where I got longshot, double, bloodthirsty, no attachments, no perks. HC is definitely the way to go for those other challenges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

The diamond challenge has totally changed me on HC. I used to hate it but after playing it almost exclusively for the last few weeks while working on the guns, I am really starting to like HC.

Yeah me too! Also it's also attractive because there is no respawn time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

The reason it's difficult to get headshot kills is because it only has a 1x headshot multiplier, so you don't get the usual headshot damage bonus like you do on some other weapons. The Scorpion Evo is the same way, no additional damage for a headshot.

Aaahhhhh no wonder. See you are chock full of CoD knowledge and now I know why I had such a hard time. I am going to start on the last rifle now, so, hopefully the next time I party up with you, I will be rocking DIAMONDS!! lol!
post #3394 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

It's not like there has been a 180 degree switch on how people have played the game. There has always been maybe half the people in the room actually playing the game the way it is supposed to be played. The other half seem to play objective games as extended TDM games where they can get the opportunity for more time to get kills instead of it ending when one team has 75 cumulative kills.

It's weird though....they go through all this trouble to create the scorestreak system to encourage PTFO, then they give you a whole bunch of new reasons not to. Why even bother? I mean who it their right mind thought it was a good idea to encourage people to farm kills with your knife to unlock camos? 90% of the challenges are fine, they basically amount to "use this thing in the right way". Then the other 10% are do something stupid/rare, they're incredibly difficult to get, so you've got a lot of people trying so hard just to unlock them.

It's just poor game design, period.
post #3395 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

yeah nothing better than playing and someone running around with a RPG trying to get a double kill all while contributing nothing to the team

RPGS RPGS RPGS
post #3396 of 4670
Thread Starter 
I am going to have diamonds in about 30 mins!!!
post #3397 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

The diamond challenge has totally changed me on HC. I used to hate it but after playing it almost exclusively for the last few weeks while working on the guns, I am really starting to like HC.

I switched before I started working on camos and go back and forth. Sometimes HC is the ticket and other times the lag puts me at more of a disadvantage than core because I have no chance to return fire if their aim is not dead on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Now that I've got a few guns past 100 headshots, Im starting to really dislike these challenges. I catch myself focusing more on completing them than actually caring about winning the game. As soon as I get 3 kills I turtle up somewhere to try and get the bloodthirsty medals, instead of trying to cap flags. I'm becoming that guy I hate, that puts their k/d, streak, whatever....before actually winning.

This will continue to be a problem as long as they keep making these silly challenges. It's like a huge chunk of players in any given match are literally playing a different game. Most are playing domination, and the rest are playing the camo game.
I hear ya, I'm drawn to B like like a politician to a tragedy. I'm a bit more than half way through my camos for the SMG's figuring that when the new weapon is added it will be an easier push for me to get it maxed out. I'll finish the specials after this which I will only play HC for and then move on to the AR's but I am going to prestige a couple of them before I start the push for all the camos. The funny thing is I could really care less about camo but it's something that has made the game more interesting to me. I do much prefer the challenges they had to pro out the perks in Blops 1.
post #3398 of 4670
Thread Starter 
DIAMONDS!!!!!! Lol!
post #3399 of 4670
Thread Starter 
The AN-94 became another favorite rifle in this game. Of all the rifles that I have used in BO2, I have to say this is the best one for getting headshots. I started fresh with this rifle today around 5pm and by 9:30pm I unlocked gold camo. Not only that but it's also powerful. There were times I was mowing down waves after waves of people. It was awesome!
post #3400 of 4670
Thread Starter 
I purchased season pass 2 weeks ago but I seem to be missing some DLC. Also, was Nuketown on rotation this past weekend?
post #3401 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

I purchased season pass 2 weeks ago but I seem to be missing some DLC. Also, was Nuketown on rotation this past weekend?

The first DLC is coming tomorrow, but for some reason they put the playlist in already. And yeah, nuketown was in over the weekend. I'm surprised the double XP was this weekend and not next, I completely burned myself out on cod over the weekend.
post #3402 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

The first DLC is coming tomorrow, but for some reason they put the playlist in already. And yeah, nuketown was in over the weekend. I'm surprised the double XP was this weekend and not next, I completely burned myself out on cod over the weekend.

I think we all OD'd on COD over the weekend.
wink.gif
post #3403 of 4670
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

The first DLC is coming tomorrow, but for some reason they put the playlist in already. And yeah, nuketown was in over the weekend. I'm surprised the double XP was this weekend and not next, I completely burned myself out on cod over the weekend.

I saw some people playing it and when I went through the playlist, I didn't see Nuketown anywhere. What did I have to do?
post #3404 of 4670
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

I think we all OD'd on COD over the weekend.
wink.gif

lol! yeah I think I did too. AN-94 was the only rifle I was able to get gold in 1 sitting (~5 hours).
post #3405 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

I saw some people playing it and when I went through the playlist, I didn't see Nuketown anywhere. What did I have to do?

Its under the bonus category. Usually it just has the chaos moshpit mode that has nuketown mixed in, but during double XP it changes to nuketown 24/7.
post #3406 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

I think we all OD'd on COD over the weekend.
wink.gif

Seriously....I made it through the better part of a prestige while it was double XP, and by Sunday I never wanted to play it ever again.
post #3407 of 4670
I was at level 43 of Prestige 8 on Friday. I ended last night just short of level 52 of Prestige 9. biggrin.gif More importantly I have 55 head shots on the SMR, my final AR for Diamonds!

I ran into a whole team of boosters in HC KC last night. I was really hoping to get the triple kill with the RPG to get diamonds on the launchers but they had so much shyt being called in it was tough to get to them. Plus they had guys posted up to protect the area they were in. I followed them into new rooms a couple of times but then they started changing their status to offline.
post #3408 of 4670
I only got to play Friday, but got a lot accomplished and advanced about 25 levels in the span of the afternoon. I gilded the Type 25 finally, so I have retired it permanently, and dusted off the QBB LSW with Hybrid Optic and completed the Hybrid Optic Master challenges so now I only lack the ACOG Challenges and I will have all the scope challenges done. Gonna get Gold on the QBB and then move back to the SWAT 556/PDW combo that I had been working on and finish those two guns. Burned my Prestige Token on a perma-unlock on the AN-94 so I kinda feel obligated to start using it at some point.
post #3409 of 4670
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

I was at level 43 of Prestige 8 on Friday. I ended last night just short of level 52 of Prestige 9. biggrin.gif More importantly I have 55 head shots on the SMR, my final AR for Diamonds!

I ran into a whole team of boosters in HC KC last night. I was really hoping to get the triple kill with the RPG to get diamonds on the launchers but they had so much shyt being called in it was tough to get to them. Plus they had guys posted up to protect the area they were in. I followed them into new rooms a couple of times but then they started changing their status to offline.

Holy crap dude! congrats!

I am going to enjoy playing with the diamonds for a few days and then switch up the pace and use shotguns.
post #3410 of 4670
guess i am in the minority, never diamond a gun, never prestiged (ever in any COD), never prestiged a gun, etc.. i just play to win whatever game mode i am playing in..
post #3411 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

guess i am in the minority, never diamond a gun, never prestiged (ever in any COD), never prestiged a gun, etc.. i just play to win whatever game mode i am playing in..

I play to win AND enjoy prestiging. I like unlocking stuff again, kinda adds to the replay value.
post #3412 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

guess i am in the minority, never diamond a gun, never prestiged (ever in any COD), never prestiged a gun, etc.. i just play to win whatever game mode i am playing in..

In previous games I can almost understand not prestiging. But in this version, there's very little reason not to. You hardly lose anything, you get an extra class slot if you want it, and you can't use every gun without doing it.
post #3413 of 4670
yeah, the challenges become more important than the win. Even with the small party of 3 I run with, all I'm hearing is "all I need is one more this or one more that, I just got my 150 ks with no perks" etc. All the while I'm getting pummeled b/c I'm the only one playing the objectives and trying to get B dom. Lol, I'm doing it too with the ARs but at least I'm still playing the objectives.

The god of lag was kind to me for double xp weekend, played pretty straight up. I know any night can be back to getting taken out by shottys that are still pointing at the ground though. mad.gif
post #3414 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

guess i am in the minority, never diamond a gun, never prestiged (ever in any COD), never prestiged a gun, etc.. i just play to win whatever game mode i am playing in..

Right there with you Benji. These types of things have never intrigued me. I log on, choose the same class I always run with, and then play...simple as that ha-ha.
post #3415 of 4670
Ehh I have my moments where I hate the prestige process. Then other times I like the challenge of it.

Depends on what mood I am in and how bad I am getting my a$$ kicked in the process.
post #3416 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedderpj13 View Post

Right there with you Benji. These types of things have never intrigued me. I log on, choose the same class I always run with, and then play...simple as that ha-ha.
I gotta have the extra classes. It seems that I hook up with different AVS folks and sometimes play Dom, sometimes HCKC, etc. Gotta have SMG and AR classes for those game types and I always have a LMG class and a anti-air class with Blind Eye, Ghost, Cold Blood, Swat (select fire supressor), emp's, and FHJ. Keeps me safe from swarms, choppers, etc. and allows me to take down air without getting shot up as easily. Having the 10 classes is a must and the only reason I care to prestige.
post #3417 of 4670
Really dumb question here ... I am on prestige 6 but only have 6 custom classes. I would like more for the same reason as Kenobi but I must have missed something in the prestiging porcess that has caused me not to get any additional ones (seems I have only gotten 1 extra class). So what did I screw up on?
post #3418 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

Really dumb question here ... I am on prestige 6 but only have 6 custom classes. I would like more for the same reason as Kenobi but I must have missed something in the prestiging porcess that has caused me not to get any additional ones (seems I have only gotten 1 extra class). So what did I screw up on?

Right after you prestige you're brought to a screen that lets you choose what you want to do with the prestige "point" or whatever. I think there's a way to go in and spend those. This is different than the prestige tokens that you get.
post #3419 of 4670
Do I have to buy the full season pass to get the new maps?
post #3420 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by ser182 View Post

Do I have to buy the full season pass to get the new maps?

Nope, you can buy them pack by pack as usual.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Call of Duty: Black Ops 2