or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Page 129

post #3841 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

Snipers are beyond plentiful and have been since day one. IMHO that has not changed since the game came out.

Same goes for Target finders. They have been there since day one and its not like the updates made them any easier to use. More people are using them yes but IMHO they are using them to compensate for the horrible lag/connection issues in the game. Does it ruin the game no. The lag, ****** connections, host migrations, warping, crappy ass spawn system all make this game the hemorrhoid on the video game world at the moment.

That being said I actually still like the game and most of the maps (particularly the new ones).

Could go back to MW3 but I am not sure if that is worth it either.

I don't know, I seem to find sniping and target finding becoming more prevalent. Heck, maybe it's in my head though. smile.gif I just wish they would nerf the range on the target finders, that is the real problem with it. You can see someone across the damn map because its range is insane. All the other things you mentioned are major issues also, so I agree with you.
post #3842 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

I don't know, I seem to find sniping and target finding becoming more prevalent. Heck, maybe it's in my head though. smile.gif I just wish they would nerf the range on the target finders, that is the real problem with it. You can see someone across the damn map because its range is insane. All the other things you mentioned are major issues also, so I agree with you.

Blowfish is right. Snipers have been there en masse since day one. They've allowed quickscoping back into Blops, so of course people will take advantage of it.

On the target finder, it's a cheap trick but again, if it's there people will use it. I would really love to ask the devs what incredible tool thought it would be a good idea in the first place.

And another thought. I don't watch MLG players so I don't really know, but I would think they would be against such cheap tactics. As much as Vonderhaar has his lips firmly placed on their backsides, it surprises me even more that this crap remains in the game.
post #3843 of 4670
Thread Starter 
Sniper is a support class just like LMG and I agree with what fistacuff said. The LMG makes you move in slow motion while Snipers can move as quick as SMG wielders. That's not fair at all. Not only that but snipers DO NOT flinch when shot, so, that makes them unstoppable to begin with and then you add in the quickscope factor where they just arbitrarily lift up their rifle and fire heat seeking bullets. Those players make Angelina Jolie look like Mrs. Doubtfire.
post #3844 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

Blowfish is right. Snipers have been there en masse since day one. They've allowed quickscoping back into Blops, so of course people will take advantage of it.

On the target finder, it's a cheap trick but again, if it's there people will use it. I would really love to ask the devs what incredible tool thought it would be a good idea in the first place.

And another thought. I don't watch MLG players so I don't really know, but I would think they would be against such cheap tactics. As much as Vonderhaar has his lips firmly placed on their backsides, it surprises me even more that this crap remains in the game.

Oh I know and I apologize if I was making it sound like snipers just appeared. What I have been trying to say is that it seems they are multiplying, lol, they are on par with, if not the slight majority of the players I am encountering.

With regards to your Vonderhaar comment, I agree a million percent and I am shocked that the state of the game is what it currently is.
post #3845 of 4670
Wow. I really feel duped. All the positive hype this game is getting made me temporarily lose my sanity and think maybe, just maybe, trey arch had made a good game here: no death streaks, no second chance, a new create a class system...

But I should have known better. All this series is good for now is trolling and raging. 3arc is seemingly possessed to undue everything that the first blops did to improve the series. Shotguns are back to being ridiculous, snipers are CQB weapons again, kill streak spam is ever present and if all that wasn't enough they seem to have used the horrible matchmaking/lag-making system from MW3. This game is actually broken...

...and then there's the ****ing spawns. Oh. My. God. The god damn spawn system in this game is either the most defective piece of code ever written or 3arc has decided that us retards will buy the game anyway so why not troll the hell out of us. I can earn 10+ deaths per game just from spawning into random nonsense. Worse is that there seems to be zero logic on how the system works-- one minute you can spawn on the opposite side of the map far from your teammates and the next you're spawning I to active gun fights! I've watched kill cams where I've spanned into the map right in front of enemy players-- I've had enemy players spawn right in front of me! It all contributes to a feeling of randomness and chaos where luck of the draw, not skill or strategy, determines the outcome of matches.

I'm now, finally, officially, done with this franchise. As I spent 50 bucks on this POS I'll keep it for nights I'm feeling like a jerk: running around with a b23r and a couple of black hats to steal care packages is the only way I've been able to squeeze any enjoyment out of this mess. Cod as griefing exercise? Seriously though: cod is dead and it's a real shame that no one other than 343 studios has been able to make an FPS to compete. You'd think it wouldn't be hard to trump this train wreck and yet no one seems capable. It's back to halo 4 for me.
post #3846 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

All this series is good for now is trolling and raging.

Congratulations on meeting both objectives.

If you're finding the spawns to be that bad, A. Stop playing KC, B. Pay more attention to your minimap, and/or C. Go play demolition and enjoy being spawn trapped.
post #3847 of 4670
To each his own I guess. This is my favourite of the whole series (Trey or IW). Also, I can't stand Halo. Personal preference?
post #3848 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

Wow. I really feel duped. All the positive hype this game is getting made me temporarily lose my sanity and think maybe, just maybe, trey arch had made a good game here: no death streaks, no second chance, a new create a class system...

But I should have known better. All this series is good for now is trolling and raging. 3arc is seemingly possessed to undue everything that the first blops did to improve the series. Shotguns are back to being ridiculous, snipers are CQB weapons again, kill streak spam is ever present and if all that wasn't enough they seem to have used the horrible matchmaking/lag-making system from MW3. This game is actually broken...

...and then there's the ****ing spawns. Oh. My. God. The god damn spawn system in this game is either the most defective piece of code ever written or 3arc has decided that us retards will buy the game anyway so why not troll the hell out of us. I can earn 10+ deaths per game just from spawning into random nonsense. Worse is that there seems to be zero logic on how the system works-- one minute you can spawn on the opposite side of the map far from your teammates and the next you're spawning I to active gun fights! I've watched kill cams where I've spanned into the map right in front of enemy players-- I've had enemy players spawn right in front of me! It all contributes to a feeling of randomness and chaos where luck of the draw, not skill or strategy, determines the outcome of matches.

I'm now, finally, officially, done with this franchise. As I spent 50 bucks on this POS I'll keep it for nights I'm feeling like a jerk: running around with a b23r and a couple of black hats to steal care packages is the only way I've been able to squeeze any enjoyment out of this mess. Cod as griefing exercise? Seriously though: cod is dead and it's a real shame that no one other than 343 studios has been able to make an FPS to compete. You'd think it wouldn't be hard to trump this train wreck and yet no one seems capable. It's back to halo 4 for me.
The sad thing is there are a lot of other things that they got right with this. The maps were mostly meh compared to blops 1 but the mappack was solid. Pick 10 and some of the other things were welcomed changes but it is all totally devalued by the spawns and lag which IMO is much worse than MW3 and that says a lot. I think Perish was the worst map for spawns on MW3.

The only thin I can figure is that the lag comp and spawn system is intentional and regardless if it is an Activision thing that 3arch has little control over or not there is really no logical reason that the franchise at this level of maturity should play so much worse than COD4 or MW2 as far as spawning and lag.
post #3849 of 4670
Gee...I can't understand all the sniper hating...rolleyes.gif
post #3850 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

The sad thing is there are a lot of other things that they got right with this. The maps were mostly meh compared to blops 1 but the mappack was solid. Pick 10 and some of the other things were welcomed changes but it is all totally devalued by the spawns and lag which IMO is much worse than MW3 and that says a lot. I think Perish was the worst map for spawns on MW3.

The only thin I can figure is that the lag comp and spawn system is intentional and regardless if it is an Activision thing that 3arch has little control over or not there is really no logical reason that the franchise at this level of maturity should play so much worse than COD4 or MW2 as far as spawning and lag.

3arc had always had a hard on for the whole spawn trapping issue-- as in they have an irrational and destructive hatred for spawn trapping so fierce they want to completely eliminate it from their games. The problem is spawn trapping is a fact of competitive FPS. While a developer can take care to provide balanced map design and make sure that the aggressive team will pay for pushing too hard-- there is always going to be cases where one team simply out plays another and spawn trapping is the result. Remember in blops 1 the spawns were similarly schizophrenic in that a death early on to an aggressive rusher would often result in you spawning BEHIND the enemy team. They eventually relented and fixed that... After players got wise and started cooking grenades to teleport themselves behind enemy lines...

This chaotic spawn system is the result of 3arc thinking they can change the rules. Like they can somehow fix the 'problem' of FPS spawns. Well: here we are and it's worse than ever. Spawn trapping is STILL present (see that stupid boat map) and yet now there is zero flow and as jitu has said: zero sense of teamwork as you rarely if ever get a chance to work together with them.

I agree that blosp2 does have some neat ideas. I like to think of those as a delicious fried jalapeño... On a colossal **** sandwich. Lol!
post #3851 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

Wow. I really feel duped. All the positive hype this game is getting made me temporarily lose my sanity and think maybe, just maybe, trey arch had made a good game here: no death streaks, no second chance, a new create a class system...

But I should have known better. All this series is good for now is trolling and raging. 3arc is seemingly possessed to undue everything that the first blops did to improve the series. Shotguns are back to being ridiculous, snipers are CQB weapons again, kill streak spam is ever present and if all that wasn't enough they seem to have used the horrible matchmaking/lag-making system from MW3. This game is actually broken...

...and then there's the ****ing spawns. Oh. My. God. The god damn spawn system in this game is either the most defective piece of code ever written or 3arc has decided that us retards will buy the game anyway so why not troll the hell out of us. I can earn 10+ deaths per game just from spawning into random nonsense. Worse is that there seems to be zero logic on how the system works-- one minute you can spawn on the opposite side of the map far from your teammates and the next you're spawning I to active gun fights! I've watched kill cams where I've spanned into the map right in front of enemy players-- I've had enemy players spawn right in front of me! It all contributes to a feeling of randomness and chaos where luck of the draw, not skill or strategy, determines the outcome of matches.

I'm now, finally, officially, done with this franchise. As I spent 50 bucks on this POS I'll keep it for nights I'm feeling like a jerk: running around with a b23r and a couple of black hats to steal care packages is the only way I've been able to squeeze any enjoyment out of this mess. Cod as griefing exercise? Seriously though: cod is dead and it's a real shame that no one other than 343 studios has been able to make an FPS to compete. You'd think it wouldn't be hard to trump this train wreck and yet no one seems capable. It's back to halo 4 for me.

While I too have been critical of many of the things you are speaking of, I think the game is better than you are letting on. Now, that said, I am growing tired of the BS and have given thought to just getting rid of it, but I don't see an alternative. Battlefield is all show and pretty graphics, Halo bores me because I don't like "space marine" multiplayer, and really, what is left? Make no mistake, I am disappointed in the game and frustrated with everything you mentioned, plus some, and I feel it was a real backwards step from MW3 and from the first Black Ops, but even with all the warts, it probably is still a top tier FPS and arguably the best competitive, military, multiplayer game of the past year.

You did touch on something that I do think is a good point, sometimes, it really does appear that the game is, for lack of a better term, "controlling" the outcome, particularly in gunfights. I can't tell you how many times, in the same lobby, I will go 14-20 one match, and actually be able to feel the game be against me, in gunfights, then go 32-10 the next match, and completely be able to take over a match. Keep in mind, same lobby, same players, two completely different feels and two completely different outcomes. It is positively baffling how the newer CoD games handle online gun play and matchmaking.
post #3852 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post

Gee...I can't understand all the sniper hating...rolleyes.gif

What do you mean exactly?
post #3853 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

Congratulations on meeting both objectives.

If you're finding the spawns to be that bad, A. Stop playing KC, B. Pay more attention to your minimap, and/or C. Go play demolition and enjoy being spawn trapped.

Just curious, but if he is being dropped into spawns right next to an enemy, how is the minimap going to help? Also, I think we have all experienced the wonky spawn system in every game mode, it certainly isn't limited to Kill Confirmed. I see/experience it all the time in Domination and Team Deathmatch.
post #3854 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

The sad thing is there are a lot of other things that they got right with this. The maps were mostly meh compared to blops 1 but the mappack was solid. Pick 10 and some of the other things were welcomed changes but it is all totally devalued by the spawns and lag which IMO is much worse than MW3 and that says a lot. I think Perish was the worst map for spawns on MW3.

The only thin I can figure is that the lag comp and spawn system is intentional and regardless if it is an Activision thing that 3arch has little control over or not there is really no logical reason that the franchise at this level of maturity should play so much worse than COD4 or MW2 as far as spawning and lag.

Good post, I agree 100%.
post #3855 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

3arc had always had a hard on for the whole spawn trapping issue-- as in they have an irrational and destructive hatred for spawn trapping so fierce they want to completely eliminate it from their games. The problem is spawn trapping is a fact of competitive FPS. While a developer can take care to provide balanced map design and make sure that the aggressive team will pay for pushing too hard-- there is always going to be cases where one team simply out plays another and spawn trapping is the result. Remember in blops 1 the spawns were similarly schizophrenic in that a death early on to an aggressive rusher would often result in you spawning BEHIND the enemy team. They eventually relented and fixed that... After players got wise and started cooking grenades to teleport themselves behind enemy lines...

This chaotic spawn system is the result of 3arc thinking they can change the rules. Like they can somehow fix the 'problem' of FPS spawns. Well: here we are and it's worse than ever. Spawn trapping is STILL present (see that stupid boat map) and yet now there is zero flow and as jitu has said: zero sense of teamwork as you rarely if ever get a chance to work together with them.

I agree that blosp2 does have some neat ideas. I like to think of those as a delicious fried jalapeño... On a colossal **** sandwich. Lol!

The spawn issue on Hijacked is the worst and it is the worst because they, for whatever reason, refuse to use the upper and lower levels of the boat as spawn areas. That is why it happens so frequently there, more so on the "A" side than the "C" side, for whatever reason.
post #3856 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

The spawn issue on Hijacked is the worst and it is the worst because they, for whatever reason, refuse to use the upper and lower levels of the boat as spawn areas. That is why it happens so frequently there, more so on the "A" side than the "C" side, for whatever reason.

I see it as Hijacked seems to promote end to end running. I rarely see a whole team STOP at the center and not o any further. The spawn reminds me of Nuketown. If you crossed that imaginary line at the bus/moving truck, there was a 90% chance people will spawn behind you. Come to think of it, I have never seen a single team not go past midway on Hijacked.
post #3857 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

Congratulations on meeting both objectives.

If you're finding the spawns to be that bad, A. Stop playing KC, B. Pay more attention to your minimap, and/or C. Go play demolition and enjoy being spawn trapped.

Just for that I'm going to start joining your sessions... wink.gif
post #3858 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

Congratulations on meeting both objectives.

If you're finding the spawns to be that bad, A. Stop playing KC, B. Pay more attention to your minimap, and/or C. Go play demolition and enjoy being spawn trapped.

Or D. Use Tac Insert

I am happy to report that 3ARC "fixed" the connection issues that I was having. I thought the new ASUS router and my K/D increase over the past 2 weeks was a good thing, but thankfully that has changed! The past few nights have been chock full of Bolshevik, I was beginning to think I had found a good way to get fair games. But alas, it is painfully clear to me that certain people have certain advantages. I can simply look at a lobby leaderboard and it tells me all I need to know. The under 300 PPM players are typically the same "speed" as me. If it comes down to a one-on-one gun fight, whoever has better aim will win (given similar gun types). The 300-400 PPM players will usually be "faster" than me. Whether that is their sensitivity, controller or their connection; or whether it is their skillz I can tell by the first gunfight. Anyone over 400 is most likely a good player AND benefits from a good connection. I have given up the pursuit of fair gameplay. The changes I've made have been better, but connections are still at the whim of whatever code runs the whole show. The effect and range of weapons and how easy/hard/impossible it is to kill someone from lobby to lobby is crazy!! All I want is consistency, but the ADHD world of COD where you can leave whenever you want during a match, and the randomness of someone's magical algorithm of connecttitude seems to doom that for failure more often than not.

At least for me...
post #3859 of 4670
I miss hazard.Buc and I snuggling up in the bunker. Shooting PJ from across the map and him raging a little bit.
post #3860 of 4670
While I do like this game a fair bit I can honestly say until the OMA, Commando, DC crap in MW2 got out of control that would be my favorite in the series.

The changes they put into BLOPS2 (most notably Pick 10, and Scorestreaks vs. Killstreaks) I really like. The 4 new maps are very good IMHO (the release maps are ehh). What I like most about the maps is the change of venue. Its not just a bunch of maps with bombed out buildings etc like we always get. They are different .. I mean ski resort, a skate park, a water power plant, a desert hotel. Sure the "map play" is the same as always and most like always will be but the cool locations I think deserve some props. Hell I loved Hazzard in BLOPS.

I agree with everyone else though and have said it since day 1 the spawn system in this game sucks period and the lag comp is by far the worst of any COD title ever. That being said the hit detection in MW3 was the worst ever.

Things won't be any different when whatever new title hits in Nov - no matter whether its nextbox or not. No matter how good the nextbox is if they don't come up with better servers and netcode it really won't matter.

I still play BLOPS2 regularly but not as much as I did MW2 or BLOPS. And I haven't had the feeling of "I can't wait to get home and play some COD" since those titles and I may never again.

I do wish I was a GOW or HALO fan as I am ready for a change but frankly those titles just aren't for me.

Oh well.

Greg


Oh and the only COD title to get sniping right IMHO is BLOPS. People still QSed in it but they really had to work at it. BLOPS2 is MAJOR step backward as I honestly think that sniping & QSing is easier in this title than any other COD title except for MW2.
post #3861 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudubb1n View Post

I miss hazard.Buc and I snuggling up in the bunker. Shooting PJ from across the map and him raging a little bit.


Tears ... I do miss Hazard!
post #3862 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post

I see it as Hijacked seems to promote end to end running. I rarely see a whole team STOP at the center and not o any further. The spawn reminds me of Nuketown. If you crossed that imaginary line at the bus/moving truck, there was a 90% chance people will spawn behind you. Come to think of it, I have never seen a single team not go past midway on Hijacked.

Like I said, it wouldn't be an issue, at all, if they utilized the different levels. It's a moot point, it is what it is, but if they got just 10% more imaginative with respect to spawns, the complaints like many of the gamers have had, with spawns in the game, would stop.
post #3863 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

Just curious, but if he is being dropped into spawns right next to an enemy, how is the minimap going to help? Also, I think we have all experienced the wonky spawn system in every game mode, it certainly isn't limited to Kill Confirmed. I see/experience it all the time in Domination and Team Deathmatch.

Because 90% of the spawn issues are because you or a teammate, or your whole friggin team, is "crossing the line". The spawns are not that unpredictable. If you watch the map and see your team 3/4 of the way across the map, towards the enemy spawn, it's very likely they'll be spawning behind you. When playing as a group somebody usually calls out to watch for the spawn flip because they'll see that happening. When you're playing solo it's on you to watch that. If you're doing HC it's a little more difficult because you have to be aware of where your teammates are without the map.

Hijacked spawn flips constantly because of exactly what Steelhouse said. That map seems to flip once you get past the little building in the center of the deck, and because it's such a small map nobody stays back that far, which results in flips back and forth all the time.
post #3864 of 4670
A quick highlight reel from last night showing more examples of why I love sniping now!

If you have snipers there's a couple of kills in here that will only make you hate them more.

BTW - I'm running Flak/Ghost, Scavenger, Tac Mask.
biggrin.gif
post #3865 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

Oh and the only COD title to get sniping right IMHO is BLOPS. People still QSed in it but they really had to work at it. BLOPS2 is MAJOR step backward as I honestly think that sniping & QSing is easier in this title than any other COD title except for MW2.

MW3 did a good job with it. Sniping required some skill and tactical thought/planning. You could run around like you were holding an SMG and do well, you'd get destroyed. In this game, hell, you can not only run around and do well sniping, you can flat out rule the match, with BOLT ACTION sniper rifles, and take solid hits, not flinch and drop people in an instant.
post #3866 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

MW3 did a good job with it. Sniping required some skill and tactical thought/planning. You could run around like you were holding an SMG and do well, you'd get destroyed. In this game, hell, you can not only run around and do well sniping, you can flat out rule the match, with BOLT ACTION sniper rifles, and take solid hits, not flinch and drop people in an instant.

You must have been playing a different MW3 than me.
post #3867 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

Because 90% of the spawn issues are because you or a teammate, or your whole friggin team, is "crossing the line". The spawns are not that unpredictable. If you watch the map and see your team 3/4 of the way across the map, towards the enemy spawn, it's very likely they'll be spawning behind you. When playing as a group somebody usually calls out to watch for the spawn flip because they'll see that happening. When you're playing solo it's on you to watch that. If you're doing HC it's a little more difficult because you have to be aware of where your teammates are without the map.

Hijacked spawn flips constantly because of exactly what Steelhouse said. That map seems to flip once you get past the little building in the center of the deck, and because it's such a small map nobody stays back that far, which results in flips back and forth all the time.

Right and I don't doubt that at all, you guys are correct. I think though, what we're maybe trying to say is that the trap situations can easily be avoided if they were to just utilize interiors, lower levels, and upper levels, on some of these maps. That predictability you described and are correct about, is also what is causing the problems with trapping and spawning next to enemies.

I think we can all agree it should be done better and most other titles are able to get around that problem, so IW/Treyarch not being able to is kind of a headscratcher.
post #3868 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

You must have been playing a different MW3 than me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

You must have been playing a different MW3 than me.

So you experienced people dominating MW3 matches by running around with Barrett's, etc? I never did. I sniped probably 1/3 of the time in MW3 and I felt it did a great job of treating snipers as support classes and had a good mix of skill/arcade handling, with respect to them. BLOPS II treats snipers as it would smg using commandos.
post #3869 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

A quick highlight reel from last night showing more examples of why I love sniping now!

If you have snipers there's a couple of kills in here that will only make you hate them more.

BTW - I'm running Flak/Ghost, Scavenger, Tac Mask.
biggrin.gif

I don't hate people that snipe, nor do I think CoD needs to bury snipers so that nobody wants to use them. I just think QS'ing, like you're doing, needs to go....NOW, and the movement penalty needs to be increased. They also need to add in a more substantial "wobble and sway", when standing, and they need to flinch, SEVERELY, when hit by enemy fire. I suppose I think we just need to have them balanced, as right now, as F1stacuffs showed in the video, there are too many doing it and too many doing it successfully.
post #3870 of 4670
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

A quick highlight reel from last night showing more examples of why I love sniping now!

If you have snipers there's a couple of kills in here that will only make you hate them more.

BTW - I'm running Flak/Ghost, Scavenger, Tac Mask.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for posting your gameplay to show quickscope and they are by no means the quickscope some of us are talking about. What you are doing is hardscope but you acquire your target quicker or you line up your crosshair close enough to your enemy. Thats fine. What I was talking about is completely different and I will have to dig up some videos for you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Call of Duty: Black Ops 2