or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Page 137

post #4081 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudubb1n View Post

I think you would have to do that at least 2 times. im not sure how i got that one pure luck / some skill i would imagine
I'll have to camp my ass off for both of those challenges, question is where and on what map will be the best chance to knock them out.
post #4082 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Maybe he's using an old 360 with with standard red/white/yellow connections on a TV covered in chocolate milk?

Ok, question for the crossbow challenges. I finished the 300 kills and now the hard ones... bloodthirsty and get a kill with every bolt in the clip. If I use the tri-bolt and get a kill with all three at close range will that count?

No, I'm using a 6 core 1055T overclocked at 4ghz and a Radeon 6970.

On my other rig I'm using an i5 at stock frequency (HTPC) with a Radeon 6950 with the extra stream proccessors unlocked.

I probably get 120+fps on both.

And it looks like ****.

I'm not mad, I'm glad, I'm glad I got to play the game for free via steam so I didn't make the mistake of buying it.

It's a rubbish rubbish game.

Enjoy it.
post #4083 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteos View Post

No, I'm using a 6 core 1055T overclocked at 4ghz and a Radeon 6970.

On my other rig I'm using an i5 at stock frequency (HTPC) with a Radeon 6950 with the extra stream proccessors unlocked.

I probably get 120+fps on both.

And it looks like ****.

I'm not mad, I'm glad, I'm glad I got to play the game for free via steam so I didn't make the mistake of buying it.

It's a rubbish rubbish game.

Enjoy it.
Meow is that you?
post #4084 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteos View Post

No, I'm using a 6 core 1055T overclocked at 4ghz and a Radeon 6970.

On my other rig I'm using an i5 at stock frequency (HTPC) with a Radeon 6950 with the extra stream proccessors unlocked.

I probably get 120+fps on both.

And it looks like ****.

I'm not mad, I'm glad, I'm glad I got to play the game for free via steam so I didn't make the mistake of buying it.

It's a rubbish rubbish game.

Enjoy it.

Translation:
I played free on steam and got my @$$ handed to me. Rather than admitting I suck, I'll just say it looks like crap and talk trash about the PC version in an Xbox forum.
post #4085 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

Translation:
I played free on steam and got my @$$ handed to me. Rather than admitting I suck, I'll just say it looks like crap and talk trash about the PC version in an Xbox forum.

Is this the same dude that calls me a camper every time I have a good game against them, even though I killed them in all different areas of the map?
post #4086 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

Is this the same dude that calls me a camper every time I have a good game against them, even though I killed them in all different areas of the map?

Lol, yep, it's exactly the same guy. He also says you are cheap if you use tac inserts or any other equipment in the game to your advantage.
post #4087 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteos View Post

No, I'm using a 6 core 1055T overclocked at 4ghz and a Radeon 6970.

On my other rig I'm using an i5 at stock frequency (HTPC) with a Radeon 6950 with the extra stream proccessors unlocked.

I probably get 120+fps on both.

And it looks like ****.

I'm not mad, I'm glad, I'm glad I got to play the game for free via steam so I didn't make the mistake of buying it.

It's a rubbish rubbish game.

Enjoy it.

Translation:
I played free on steam and got my @$$ handed to me. Rather than admitting I suck, I'll just say it looks like crap and talk trash about the PC version in an Xbox forum.
I've played pc and Xbox and I admit I suck on both.Less so on Xbox.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2
post #4088 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteos View Post

No, I'm using a 6 core 1055T overclocked at 4ghz and a Radeon 6970.

On my other rig I'm using an i5 at stock frequency (HTPC) with a Radeon 6950 with the extra stream proccessors unlocked.

I probably get 120+fps on both.

And it looks like ****.

I'm not mad, I'm glad, I'm glad I got to play the game for free via steam so I didn't make the mistake of buying it.

It's a rubbish rubbish game.

Enjoy it.

Translation:
I played free on steam and got my @$$ handed to me. Rather than admitting I suck, I'll just say it looks like crap and talk trash about the PC version in an Xbox forum.
I've played pc and Xbox and I admit I suck on both.Less so on Xbox.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2
Sorry bout the spam,signifies turned off.
post #4089 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteos View Post

No, I'm using a 6 core 1055T overclocked at 4ghz and a Radeon 6970.

On my other rig I'm using an i5 at stock frequency (HTPC) with a Radeon 6950 with the extra stream proccessors unlocked.

I probably get 120+fps on both.

And it looks like ****.

I'm not mad, I'm glad, I'm glad I got to play the game for free via steam so I didn't make the mistake of buying it.

It's a rubbish rubbish game.

Enjoy it.

Translation:
I played free on steam and got my @$$ handed to me. Rather than admitting I suck, I'll just say it looks like crap and talk trash about the PC version in an Xbox forum.
I've played pc and Xbox and I admit I suck on both.Less so on Xbox.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2
Sorry bout the spam,signifies turned off.
bad spelling,guess I suck on tablet,pc and xbox!
post #4090 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

bad spelling,guess I suck on tablet,pc and xbox!
No worries!

Sent from my tactical comm device using Iamn00b2
post #4091 of 4670
Can someone tell me what the trick is to getting a kill with a car using the crossbow? I've killed 3 enemies by blowing up a vehicle with a bolt and none of them have counted... what am I missing?
post #4092 of 4670
Google says you have to blow up a CAR - not a va, truck, RV boat, etc

Also it looks like a lot of folks are only able to get the challenge unlocked by having no attachments and no perks.

Most people seem to be able to make this happen with the red cars on Slums and they do it in the Sticks and Stones game mode.

Give it a try
post #4093 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

Set up a static IP for the 360 and then do port forwarding or put the 360 in the DMZ. That's the ONLY way I can get a consistent open connection. Otherwise it stays moderate. It never did this in the previous games but there's something about BO2 that does that.

...and even then it still fluctuates. I've tried every configuration possible(forwarding/DMZ/static IP), and it made no consistent difference. Fortunately, it's had no negative effect at all on chat/gameplay. I'm certain(based on other people's experience as well) it's on their side, so I've left it alone.
post #4094 of 4670
Okay so here's a tethering question.

I think I'm SOL - I tried to find PDANet for my phone, but it didn't show up in the Play Store. In my research, I've found some information that makes me think my carrier (Sprint) has found a way to prevent this. Any insight/input/recommendations?

I'd assume a decent 3G connection would be better than most crappy hotel internet if I could find a way to make it work.
post #4095 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdalou View Post

Okay so here's a tethering question.

I think I'm SOL - I tried to find PDANet for my phone, but it didn't show up in the Play Store. In my research, I've found some information that makes me think my carrier (Sprint) has found a way to prevent this. Any insight/input/recommendations?

I'd assume a decent 3G connection would be better than most crappy hotel internet if I could find a way to make it work.
I went through the same headaches when I was in San Diego for a fraud conference, after hours of getting nowhere I decided "it's campaign time". wink.gif
post #4096 of 4670
Ok so i got the car cross bow thing last night. I was actually planning on shooting mystaphyer by the huge skate ramps with the bleachers on grind by shooting the news van. He was there and so was one of the other guys on the opposite teams. I stuck mystaphyer and stuck the van with 2 other bolts from the tri bolt. It blew up him and the van the van killed the other guy. I have done this 2x before and it didnt register. not sure what the trick is to it. This is the first item i have considered boosting to get the blood thirsty for its fricking impossible.
post #4097 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdalou View Post

Okay so here's a tethering question.

I think I'm SOL - I tried to find PDANet for my phone, but it didn't show up in the Play Store. In my research, I've found some information that makes me think my carrier (Sprint) has found a way to prevent this. Any insight/input/recommendations?

I'd assume a decent 3G connection would be better than most crappy hotel internet if I could find a way to make it work.

I used TetherMe before data share. It worked just fine. Otherwise you have MyWi as well.

Tetherme
post #4098 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudubb1n View Post

Ok so i got the car cross bow thing last night. I was actually planning on shooting mystaphyer by the huge skate ramps with the bleachers on grind by shooting the news van. He was there and so was one of the other guys on the opposite teams. I stuck mystaphyer and stuck the van with 2 other bolts from the tri bolt. It blew up him and the van the van killed the other guy. I have done this 2x before and it didnt register. not sure what the trick is to it. This is the first item i have considered boosting to get the blood thirsty for its fricking impossible.
Hit me up on that... I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Stringing 5 consecutive kills together with only the crossbow for me will take boosting or finding a lobby populated by sub 150 SPM players. I'd rather have to take down an enemy chopper with it or get 20 headshots, anything else.
post #4099 of 4670
Perhaps the 3 of us can do a quick Sticks and Stones game and knock this out?
post #4100 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

Perhaps the 3 of us can do a quick Sticks and Stones game and knock this out?
I didn't know that counted towards the weapons challenges? If so I am down for sure. The best option I had found so far was to set a TI in the back upper room on hijacked but even if I got 3 kills it wasn't long before someone would come up and get me and my TI. If I set up claymores to protect they will ruin the bloodthirsty... so frustrating.
post #4101 of 4670
I always thought it didnt matter for blood thirsy's about what order the kills came in like you could get 4 kills with a gun one with a bouncing betty then get the last one with a gun and it still counted
post #4102 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I didn't know that counted towards the weapons challenges? If so I am down for sure. The best option I had found so far was to set a TI in the back upper room on hijacked but even if I got 3 kills it wasn't long before someone would come up and get me and my TI. If I set up claymores to protect they will ruin the bloodthirsty... so frustrating.

The way I understand it claymores and nades don't screw up bloodthirsty challenges. You still need to get 5 kills before death with the weapon, the claymore just doesn't count towards it, even though the medal pops up. So if you get 2 claymore kills, you need 7 total.
post #4103 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I didn't know that counted towards the weapons challenges?.


That's one of the great secrets of BO2. The Party games all count towards weapon challenges.
It makes thing a lot easier to knock off, especially playing Gun Game and Sharpshooter.
post #4104 of 4670
we should get a whole lobby and take turns crossbowing lol i have been trying for 2 weeks to get a blood thirsty. i can get to 4 sometimes but either run out of ammo or get killed in some unforseen unfair manner smile.gif
post #4105 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudubb1n View Post

we should get a whole lobby and take turns crossbowing lol i have been trying for 2 weeks to get a blood thirsty. i can get to 4 sometimes but either run out of ammo or get killed in some unforseen unfair manner smile.gif
I just got the skulls from killing an enemy with each bolt in the clip. I got one more after that which was 4 then got killed.... argh!!!
post #4106 of 4670
Thread Starter 
Had another awesome game in Standoff. Went 62/5 running and gunning with a the Scorpion. I also used medium scorestreaks because I know in this game there's always some bs that happens when I am close to getting a high scorestreak. Anyway, I have 2 gameplays saved so far that I think are worth uploading to youtube, so, when I hook up the PVR this weekend, I will post the videos on my account.

Also, I got my 3.5mm to 2.5mm stereo cable in yesterday. I can use my Tritton headset and talk to you guys again. I ordered the right-angle jacks because It puts less stress on the jack and the ports and it doesn't rotate around causing static either. only $3 from ebay!
Edited by jitu - 2/28/13 at 11:56am
post #4107 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdalou View Post

Okay so here's a tethering question.

I think I'm SOL - I tried to find PDANet for my phone, but it didn't show up in the Play Store. In my research, I've found some information that makes me think my carrier (Sprint) has found a way to prevent this. Any insight/input/recommendations?

I'd assume a decent 3G connection would be better than most crappy hotel internet if I could find a way to make it work.

Look for FoxFi. I believe there is some kind of merge between PDAnet and Foxfi (not sure as I'm rooted as I use wifi tether but that needs root access).
post #4108 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

Had another awesome game in Standoff. Went 62/5 running and gunning with a the Scorpion. I also used medium scorestreaks because I know in this game there's always some bs that happens when I am close to getting a high scorestreak. Anyway, I have 2 gameplays saved so far that I think are worth uploading to youtube, so, when I hook up the PVR this weekend, I will post the videos on my account.

Also, I got my 3.5mm to 2.5mm stereo cable in yesterday. I can use my Tritton headset and talk to you guys again. I ordered the right-angle jacks because It outs less stress on the jack and the ports and it doesn't rotate around causing static either. only $3 from ebay!

No one likes to play with someone without a mic biggrin.gif
post #4109 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

Look for FoxFi. I believe there is some kind of merge between PDAnet and Foxfi (not sure as I'm rooted as I use wifi tether but that needs root access).

Thanks, Buc - that's the one I saw. I'll see if it works, but I'm not going to keep my hopes up.
post #4110 of 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdalou View Post

I'll see if it works, but I'm not going to keep my hopes up.

Hmmm I bet you say that to your wife a lot too biggrin.gif



If you guys want to try and do a Sticks and Stones match tonight I may be able to pop on around 10ish EST or so once I am home from soccer practice.

Greg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Call of Duty: Black Ops 2