or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Magic City" on Starz HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Magic City" on Starz HD - Page 4

post #91 of 109
Sic Transit Gloria Butcha!
post #92 of 109
I was enjoying this season...
post #93 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonoughDawg View Post

I was enjoying this season...

Me too. I'm truly going to miss this show. Just like I miss 'Boss'. frown.gif
post #94 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTiVo View Post

Me too. I'm truly going to miss this show. Just like I miss 'Boss'. frown.gif

Yeah, 'Boss' was great stuff. I can see why it may have been a difficult show for some, but I loved the plotlines and performances. And Grammer was a tour de force. Made me forget all about Frazier Crane.
post #95 of 109
If a show is going to make it, networks just need to ask me biggrin.gif. Didn't like Boss or Magic City and both are done, well one more episode of Magic City.
post #96 of 109
Well thank goodness. One less show I feel compelled to watch!

Actually, I enjoyed it, and my wife and I will miss it. A great looking show; how Vegas should have looked. Terrific casting, and some the best looking women on TV. Too bad Starz can't figure out how to get people to watch their shows.
post #97 of 109
I'm bummed too. I just hope the season finale also works as a series finale.
post #98 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandron View Post

Well thank goodness. One less show I feel compelled to watch!

Actually, I enjoyed it, and my wife and I will miss it. A great looking show; how Vegas should have looked. Terrific casting, and some the best looking women on TV. Too bad Starz can't figure out how to get people to watch their shows.

Simple formula, just follow Spartacus. More nudity, more violence more cussing. I consider these guy shows, so those are the 3 things we NEED. biggrin.gif
post #99 of 109
This was the only show aside from Masterpiece Theater stuff that my wife and I both enjoy, albeit possibly for different reasons. I for one will really miss Judy Silver.

Liked the characters of Ike and his wife but one problem was that many of the other characters like son Stevie weren't likeable enough that you felt tension when they were at risk. Could not have cared less if The Butchah eviscerated him and his slutty wife for example.

Great style and photography. This fun period piece will be missed. Viva Cuba!

Burn In Hell, Starz! smile.gif
post #100 of 109
Well, at least the show ended on a high note, good episode last night.
post #101 of 109
Yes, it was a good episode and thankfully they managed to tie up the story lines pretty well. I'll miss Magic City, but it is not the first show I liked to be cancelled and somehow I doubt it will be the last.
post #102 of 109
Really gonna miss this show. Captured that 60s vibe way better than MAD MEN ever did. Huston delivered quite 's twisted villain (hell, his peering face-through-the-glass in this episode was pretty creepy) is topped only by BOARDWALK EMPIRE's Gyp Rossetti. One of the better and most satisfying series finales I've seen...especially since it didn't always end as I might have expected but resolved them as they needed to be. STARZ is a pretty clueless network (probably due to the misfortune of it being run by HBO's Chris Albrecht...a guy who knows how to crop movies but knows little about promotion)
post #103 of 109
I'm gonna miss Olga Kurylenko, but I guess she will do more movies, been fixated on her since Hitman, then came 007, and Oblivion

Fist time I lay eyes on Jessica Marais and Elena Satine
post #104 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I'm gonna miss Olga Kurylenko, but I guess she will do more movies, been fixated on her since Hitman, then came 007, and Oblivion

She's not going anywhere. Be prepared to a lot of her next year....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1385871/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
post #105 of 109
A high quality show with a great setting and very good writing. Lovely camerawork and a truly nasty villain. But what I'll really miss is the most beautiful women I can remember on any show, ever. Especially Judy Silver, the whore who would be impossible for a red blooded American to resist..
post #106 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson View Post

A high quality show with a great setting and very good writing. Lovely camerawork and a truly nasty villain. But what I'll really miss is the most beautiful women I can remember on any show, ever. Especially Judy Silver, the whore who would be impossible for a red blooded American to resist..
I agree with all of that, plus I would add the cars. Beautiful women, beautiful cars, what more do you need? smile.gif
post #107 of 109
Ah the cars...... Remember the cars of the 50s & 60s, "Body by Fisher". Today we have the equivalent of "Body by Panzer Tank". How sad. If they could just combine the body of those beautiful cars with todays' mechanical advancements.....

Thank you Magic City for showing a new generation of younger viewers what automobiles looked like, when they had style.
post #108 of 109
So was the final episode the season or series finale? They said series at the beginning and season at the end. At any rate, I thought the last episode was one of the worst. If indeed a series finale, the build up over two seasons was pretty disappointing. So, Vera is really going to go be with Stevie? That is ridiculous. Don't think Ike, the dedicated dad and husband will screw around with Meg. Stevie lets Ben live, yeah no bullets or other weapons in that house and the bed was covered with lots of glass. The legislature season was hokey. For a well done show, that finale sucked!
mad.gif
post #109 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post

So was the final episode the season or series finale? They said series at the beginning and season at the end. At any rate, I thought the last episode was one of the worst. If indeed a series finale, the build up over two seasons was pretty disappointing. So, Vera is really going to go be with Stevie? That is ridiculous. Don't think Ike, the dedicated dad and husband will screw around with Meg. Stevie lets Ben live, yeah no bullets or other weapons in that house and the bed was covered with lots of glass. The legislature season was hokey. For a well done show, that finale sucked!
mad.gif
That was the series finale, Magic City was cancelled before the final episode aired. It had the look of an episode that was rewritten after the producers were informed that the show would not likely be renewed. I was very unhappy to have Magic City end, but I thought they did about as well as they could insofar as tying up loose ends.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Magic City" on Starz HD