or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Tech Talk › 3D effect on the eyes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

3D effect on the eyes

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Hi guys,

I have Panasonic 50VT20,

When I played 3D content using PS3mediaServer though crossover cable, every thing so far excellent like colors except the 3D effect limited inside the TV not outside. when I saw adv of the TV shows F1 comes out of the TV.

sorry for my english.

kind regards.
post #2 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz99 View Post

Hi guys,

I have Panasonic 50VT20,

When I played 3D content using PS3mediaServer though crossover cable, every thing so far excellent like colors except the 3D effect limited inside the TV not outside. when I saw adv of the TV shows F1 comes out of the TV.

sorry for my english.

kind regards.

It depends on the content. Some content stresses the "in your face" aspect, while other content does not.
post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
thanks alot.
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz99 View Post

thanks alot.

You're welcome
post #5 of 13
I have been watching a few 3D movies and blurays since I got the TV and I have been impressed but not blown away. Yes, I can see a lot of depth within the TV, but nothing really coming out of the screen. However, I recently got an SBS file and uploaded it to my PS3. I used the SBS setting on my TV to get the 3D to work. The movie was the Imax Space Station one and I was blown away. Some parts were tough to watch but there were certainly some parts that really came out of the screen. There was one specific part where an orange was tossed toward the camera and I swear I reached my hand out to basically grab it. I giggled like a little child. LOL. I replayed that scene several times to get that effect. Basically, I'm suggesting that you try different source material (as the earlier post said).
post #6 of 13
There are two characteristics that effect "pop-out". One is the depth, the other is the viewpoint. Except for video-games, where the content is being generated as you watch it, the depth cannot be adjusted, it is mastered at the studio.

The other is the "view point". This is an offset that can easily be applied by TVs or sources to any content. This slides the two images sideways. This can make more pop-out, but at the cost of visual discomfort because it changes where the eyes try to focus, compared to how crossed the eyes are. If you have a high tolerance for this (and it might be something some people can learn to do with experience) you can change the viewpoint to give more pop-out (which just makes you cross your eyes more) but more 3d-challenged viewers will have a hard time focusing on the image.


Sometimes a source will call the "view point" by some other name. Some sources have a "screen size" setting. What exactly this does depends on the source. On a DVD player, this will likely set the "view point" but on a game console it might set the depth and/or the "view point."
post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJTrance View Post

I have been watching a few 3D movies and blurays since I got the TV and I have been impressed but not blown away. Yes, I can see a lot of depth within the TV, but nothing really coming out of the screen. However, I recently got an SBS file and uploaded it to my PS3. I used the SBS setting on my TV to get the 3D to work. The movie was the Imax Space Station one and I was blown away. Some parts were tough to watch but there were certainly some parts that really came out of the screen. There was one specific part where an orange was tossed toward the camera and I swear I reached my hand out to basically grab it. I giggled like a little child. LOL. I replayed that scene several times to get that effect. Basically, I'm suggesting that you try different source material (as the earlier post said).

nice experience.
I tried to watch IMAX The Ultimate Wave Tahiti, and really it pops-out.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkidz View Post

There are two characteristics that effect "pop-out". One is the depth, the other is the viewpoint. Except for video-games, where the content is being generated as you watch it, the depth cannot be adjusted, it is mastered at the studio.

The other is the "view point". This is an offset that can easily be applied by TVs or sources to any content. This slides the two images sideways. This can make more pop-out, but at the cost of visual discomfort because it changes where the eyes try to focus, compared to how crossed the eyes are. If you have a high tolerance for this (and it might be something some people can learn to do with experience) you can change the viewpoint to give more pop-out (which just makes you cross your eyes more) but more 3d-challenged viewers will have a hard time focusing on the image.

Sometimes a source will call the "view point" by some other name. Some sources have a "screen size" setting. What exactly this does depends on the source. On a DVD player, this will likely set the "view point" but on a game console it might set the depth and/or the "view point."

It send the decoded video through ethernet directly to the TV (dlna). Now I am confusing about the source?

Yes your right it depends on the source, but some scenes the two images separated from each other with others colors. why?

Is it must to use BD player for best view? why?


sorry guys about all these questions. Thanks you a lots.
post #8 of 13
One thing I noticed of home 3d vs. IMAX 3d is that text at home does not have the pop that IMAX displays, not sure if that's because of size or resolution. Any thoughts?
post #9 of 13
there is games with 3D?
post #10 of 13
Positive parallax: You always get wether content was originally shot on 3D or Converted from 2D.

Negative Parallax(In your Face): Only happens when shot with 3-D cameras or CGI-Stereo effect.
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyro View Post

One thing I noticed of home 3d vs. IMAX 3d is that text at home does not have the pop that IMAX displays, not sure if that's because of size or resolution. Any thoughts?

The reason is because the amount of separation between the two different images is increased simply because of the bigger screen. This is why i hope they start filming different versions of movies for the home and theater. There is no doubt in my mind that in the future people will load up movies of our time and say, "oh, its one of the first generation 3D movies, too bad, lets watch something else...".


Quote:


there is games with 3D?

All DirectX and older opengl games have 3D now. Nvidia has created software that enables it in any game, whether the game supports it or not. Its not always perfect and some games have visual problems with certain things, but the 3D community is learning how to fix those problems and more and more game developers are getting on board as demand has apparently been increasing. Console games also do 3D, but you must edit the screen size value to get good 3D.
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tory40 View Post

The reason is because the amount of separation between the two different images is increased simply because of the bigger screen. This is why i hope they start filming different versions of movies for the home and theater. There is no doubt in my mind that in the future people will load up movies of our time and say, "oh, its one of the first generation 3D movies, too bad, lets watch something else...".


All DirectX and older opengl games have 3D now. Nvidia has created software that enables it in any game, whether the game supports it or not. Its not always perfect and some games have visual problems with certain things, but the 3D community is learning how to fix those problems and more and more game developers are getting on board as demand has apparently been increasing. Console games also do 3D, but you must edit the screen size value to get good 3D.

the 3D effect shoud be no different due to screen size for the most part. the offset of the two images is scaled with the image so the paralax is in step with whatever size your watching. i know the quality of 3D varies a lot.
Games have some of the best 3D if setup right and you can adjust the paralax as desired. in fact you can adjust this for movies too to some degree if you are using a HTPC and certain players offer adjustment. im running a dual projector passive system that just about everything looks amazing on in 3D
post #13 of 13
Harold and Kumar Christmas.... Pretty many scenes where stuff comes out of the screen.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Tech Talk
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Tech Talk › 3D effect on the eyes