or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › LG PASSIVE LM6200 dedicated thread...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LG PASSIVE LM6200 dedicated thread... - Page 16

post #451 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwolf007 View Post

Hi, I've tried to upgrade the firmware of my 47LM6200-SA several times, dowloading the file from the Australian and Mexican LG webpage, because the TV doesn't find any upgrade file when it's connected to the internet. The TV is made in México, manufactured in Abril and it has the 03.03.48 firmware version. Online and phone help from LG people is useless. Do anybody know how can I upgrade the firmware? I think the problem is with the -SA of my TV model.
I appreciate some help, thanks.


I would try using the US file here http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-47LM6200
post #452 of 998
is there any problem using firmware from other countries...becoz in india not release new update..
post #453 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoRocker View Post

Can the GTX 670 run Call of Duty at 120fps?

yes i has 3 gpu in my life the XFX 8600gt 1gb , the AMD HD6850 and now the MSI GTX 670 OC and is the most powerful GPU NOW for the price performance

and yes this GTX 670 not only can run CALL OF DUTY GAMES in 120 fps it really can run it in 240fps in some times in COD 4 the las cods MWF3 and BLACK OPS only run in 90 fps because the game is limited with that because they only optimized the game for consoles not for PC but i has play cod 4 in a sony EX707 with 1920x1080 in 120hz and IT LOOKS AWESOME

i cant proof that this LM6200 can handle pc 1920x1080 in 120hz so the tv has 120hz but only playing 60x2 it reproduce the same frame 2 times

and true 120hz tv make 120 frames 1 frame each time
Edited by PHOENIXPC - 7/28/12 at 5:01pm
post #454 of 998
Just got a LG 65" 6200. Comcast 3D. Oppo 93. The display is adding convergence changes over 3DHD Olympics, Blu-Ray Ultimate Wave Tahiti & everything 3D. I can even see the L & R moving when paused, so it's not the source material. I've seen this on ESPN3D at Best Buy on other displays & thought it was a goof from their feed. With 3D glasses, the added effect is hardly noticeable over the real 3D, but it must be adding eye strain. Any ideas?
post #455 of 998
Ever since I downloaded the new software update (that added the remote controls with cable/satellite box), I noticed that there's judder when watching Tangled in 3D. It never happened before.

Anyone experience this?
post #456 of 998
I just figured it out. I think I had set the "3D Depth" setting too high. When I lowered it to 0 or 1, the "judder" stopped. Odd though because I had it at the 5 - 7 setting for a while and it never did that until recently.

Anyone else had this experience? The "judder" that I speak of is like a split second double image that occurs every 10 seconds or so. My wife also noted it too.
post #457 of 998
Looks like LG 47LM6200 doesn't handle 1080p video well.

When playing youtube video thru Web Browser getting Error message "Out of Memory, Do you want to restart Web Browser".

Need to make sure that you are playing 1080p video of length more than an hour. Also when playing youtube video go to setting and select 1080p..

Does anybody know the internal RAM memory of the TV?

Anybody facing this issue.
post #458 of 998
Are you talking about 1080p streaming video content or just 1080p video in general? Because, I've never encountered that before with 1080p bluray videos. With streaming video, I wasn't aware that any carrier or streaming service even streams 1080p.
post #459 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by hon143 View Post

Are you talking about 1080p streaming video content or just 1080p video in general? Because, I've never encountered that before with 1080p bluray videos. With streaming video, I wasn't aware that any carrier or streaming service even streams 1080p.

Talking about streaming..

Youtube , Nexflix (stopped at one point and did not go futher)
post #460 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPLglm476200 View Post

Talking about streaming..
Youtube , Nexflix (stopped at one point and did not go futher)

Odd. I do Netflix streaming via the LM6200 and haven't had any issue with streaming HD content. I wonder if it has to do with your connection speed.
post #461 of 998
This thread is filled with lots of goodies and appreciate all the valuable info so far.

I have a 55LM6200 and looks like after the new update (04.02.85), we could turn on Local Dimming. That's cool. But, I don't have a harmony remote. Is there any other way to access the service menu? I thought someone earlier said that if I use Android LG Remote App, I could access the service menu but I couldn't find any way to access it..

Any other ideas to access the service menu? Thanks in advance.
post #462 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by hon143 View Post

Odd. I do Netflix streaming via the LM6200 and haven't had any issue with streaming HD content. I wonder if it has to do with your connection speed.

Only one time had issue in Netflix..but always Youtube and Web Browser(Youtube) doesn't play HD videos of length more than 1 hour.
post #463 of 998
I have noticed that the "smart TV" options via the LG LM6200 is a bit buggy. Hence, I prefer to watch netflix via my PS3. Plus, I prefer the non-Wii-like controls with the PS3 remote.
post #464 of 998
I can't hear audio through my receiver when playing Netflix or vudu etc through tv apps any help
post #465 of 998
Two questions about the LM6200... how can I find/adjust the local dimming feature included in the latest update and are all TV's in this model line IPS panels?
post #466 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDMMA View Post

Two questions about the LM6200... how can I find/adjust the local dimming feature included in the latest update and are all TV's in this model line IPS panels?
The local dimming feature must be enabled via the service menu. After you've done that it appears as an option under "Picture Option." I believe that each model uses an IPS, with the exception being the 65" version.
post #467 of 998
Has anyone else noticed a significant red push when switching from your Expert 1 settings into 3D mode? I've confirmed all settings are the same for Expert 1 in 2D and 3D. I have to switch the Color Temp from Warm to Medium just to get it to look like the normal Warm setting when watching 2D. This is on the 65".
post #468 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by THe_Flash View Post

The local dimming feature must be enabled via the service menu. After you've done that it appears as an option under "Picture Option." I believe that each model uses an IPS, with the exception being the 65" version.

Can you access the Service Menu by any other means other than a Harmony Remote? Thank you.
post #469 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainGate View Post

Can you access the Service Menu by any other means other than a Harmony Remote? Thank you.
If you have a Vizio remote, you can use the dash key to pull it up. I also posted a code that works for Onkyo remotes. I suspect that you might be able to use a Vizio tv code for other programmable remotes and have similar success.
post #470 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by THe_Flash View Post

If you have a Vizio remote, you can use the dash key to pull it up. I also posted a code that works for Onkyo remotes. I suspect that you might be able to use a Vizio tv code for other programmable remotes and have similar success.

Thank you for the info and appreciate it. I tried Vizio TV Codes on a FIOS Remote and no go... It's a LG TV and it's not recognizing the Vizio TV Code at all.

Well, I guess it's time to hunt for a Vizio Remote - Can't believe that Vizio, of all the remotes, is the key to unlocking the Service Menu wink.gif
post #471 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by THe_Flash View Post

The local dimming feature must be enabled via the service menu. After you've done that it appears as an option under "Picture Option." I believe that each model uses an IPS, with the exception being the 65" version.
do you think the local dimming would be enabled in further lg updates?
post #472 of 998
Not sure Leon, I don't think the equivalent 6500 series ever got it last year w/o using the service menu. I might be wrong though.
post #473 of 998
I have the 32inch lm6200 here in Australia running the latest firmware which is 04.00.14.
Has the latest firmware that I am using improved the 3d image quality, and does my set have local dimming?If so, how do I enable it?

Thanks.
post #474 of 998
I am having a problem with input lag on PS3 when in 3D. The delay is making games nearly unplayable in 3D even though I have the picture settings to Game Mode. I understand that naturally there will be a response time delay with 3D on for every TV but mine seems like it's way too much (atleast compared to when I tried playing with 3D enabled on the Playstation 3D display, the delay wasn't nearly as bad).

Any idea how to improve this?
post #475 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDMMA View Post

I am having a problem with input lag on PS3 when in 3D. The delay is making games nearly unplayable in 3D even though I have the picture settings to Game Mode. I understand that naturally there will be a response time delay with 3D on for every TV but mine seems like it's way too much (atleast compared to when I tried playing with 3D enabled on the Playstation 3D display, the delay wasn't nearly as bad).
Any idea how to improve this?

Sometimes when you change the device name to PC it improves the input lag.
To do this, press the input button at the top of the remote,select the input device that the ps3 is using, the press the red button on your remote then chose HDMI device that your ps3 is using, press ok, then select PC.

See if that helps.
post #476 of 998
So u guys recommend to enable local dimming? can you tell me the steps? I never done it before, the android app works?
post #477 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

So u guys recommend to enable local dimming? can you tell me the steps? I never done it before, the android app works?

dont know about the app works to get into the service menu, but once you get into it , there are two changes that have to be made , one in tool option menu 2 to turn on the local dimming picture menu on and one in tool option 4 that actually activates the local dimming feature.

here is a link I found googling local dimming:

http://www.rtings.com/info/what-is-local-dimming
Edited by gvc - 8/2/12 at 10:12am
post #478 of 998
It worked with my Sony rm-vz220 and I changed to 1 in tool menu 2 also turned on LD in tool menu 4, what else can I turn on in the service menu?
post #479 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

It worked with my Sony rm-vz220 and I changed to 1 in tool menu 2 also turned on LD in tool menu 4, what else can I turn on in the service menu?


Can you post the steps you used to get that remote to work? I have the same one.
post #480 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavytoka View Post

Can you post the steps you used to get that remote to work? I have the same one.
first I put in the Vizio code, then press the "." button, and thats it! smile.gif do you know what else I can enable?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › LG PASSIVE LM6200 dedicated thread...