or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › LG PASSIVE LM6200 dedicated thread...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LG PASSIVE LM6200 dedicated thread... - Page 17

post #481 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

do you know what else I can enable?

Not sure yet, gotta take a look around tonight.
post #482 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

first I put in the Vizio code, then press the "." button, and thats it! smile.gif do you know what else I can enable?

Can you please elaborate what you did?

So, do you have to program the remote to control the TV first and then pressed the "." button? If so, what code did you put in? Thank you and appreciate your input.
post #483 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainGate View Post

Can you please elaborate what you did?
So, do you have to program the remote to control the TV first and then pressed the "." button? If so, what code did you put in? Thank you and appreciate your input.
the Vizio code to the remote first....
post #484 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

the Vizio code to the remote first....

What is the four digit code?
post #485 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainGate View Post

What is the four digit code?
0413
post #486 of 998
gvc, which are your picture settings for games, movies, 3d, tv?
post #487 of 998
hi, i might buy today the 47" version of this TV, did they release a patch that disable the trumotion (SOE)
also is it enabled by default or disabled by default?

there is another model LM5800 same features but without the new remote and internet, its 250$ cheaper, you suggest to get the cheap version or stick with this one??

Thanks.
post #488 of 998
Do I have to change "backlight type" on the service menu?
post #489 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

0413

Thank you and appreciate it. I thought you were talking about a different code as this code was posted few pages back.

Anyways, I am planning to buy this remote that you mentioned: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00385XUF6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A3EWRFHP5OOL6Y. This is the one, right?

Btw, after you turned on Local Dimming, do you see any difference? That's the main reason I am planning to buy this remote.
post #490 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainGate View Post

Thank you and appreciate it. I thought you were talking about a different code as this code was posted few pages back.
Anyways, I am planning to buy this remote that you mentioned: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00385XUF6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A3EWRFHP5OOL6Y. This is the one, right?
Btw, after you turned on Local Dimming, do you see any difference? That's the main reason I am planning to buy this remote.
yeah its the same, just the color of mine is gray... about the LD not so much difference or maybe im not used to it, maybe my picture settings are way off or something but when i turn off the LD it looks better...
post #491 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

yeah its the same, just the color of mine is gray... about the LD not so much difference or maybe im not used to it, maybe my picture settings are way off or something but when i turn off the LD it looks better...

Hmmm... If turning off LD gives you a better picture, then that's a bummer!
post #492 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainGate View Post

Hmmm... If turning off LD gives you a better picture, then that's a bummer!
maybe its just me, i still have to find the best picture settings though...
post #493 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

maybe its just me, i still have to find the best picture settings though...

This is what I have and it looks awesome.

Energy Saving: Off
Picture Mode: Vivid (user)
Backlight: 75
Contrast: 76
Brightness: 63
Sharpness: 32
Color: 70
Tint: 0
Colour Temp: C50

-- ADVANCED CONTROL --
Dynamic Contrast: High
Dynamic Colour: Low
Clear White: High
Super Resolution: On
Gamma: Medium
Colour Gamut: Wide

-- PICTURE OPTION --
Noise Reduction: Medium
MPEG Noise Reduction: Medium
Black Level: Low
Real Cinema: Off
Eye Care: Off
TruMotion: User
De-Judder: 4

-- ASPECT RATIO --
Aspect Ratio: Just Scan
post #494 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainGate View Post

This is what I have and it looks awesome.
Energy Saving: Off
Picture Mode: Vivid (user)
Backlight: 75
Contrast: 76
Brightness: 63
Sharpness: 32
Color: 70
Tint: 0
Colour Temp: C50
-- ADVANCED CONTROL --
Dynamic Contrast: High
Dynamic Colour: Low
Clear White: High
Super Resolution: On
Gamma: Medium
Colour Gamut: Wide
-- PICTURE OPTION --
Noise Reduction: Medium
MPEG Noise Reduction: Medium
Black Level: Low
Real Cinema: Off
Eye Care: Off
TruMotion: User
De-Judder: 4

-- ASPECT RATIO --
Aspect Ratio: Just Scan
can you try settings with local dimming?
post #495 of 998
Purchased the LG 65LM6200 and was curious how to assign the external/internal speaker to different inputs. For example, I want to watch TV on component and use the internal speaker and if I want to watch TV with audio I would select HDMI and external speaker to pass audio to my receiver. Seems I can't assign different speaker setup for different inputs, one setup for all or am I missing something?

Thanks
post #496 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc View Post

dont know about the app works to get into the service menu, but once you get into it , there are two changes that have to be made , one in tool option menu 2 to turn on the local dimming picture menu on and one in tool option 4 that actually activates the local dimming feature.
here is a link I found googling local dimming:
http://www.rtings.com/info/what-is-local-dimming
are u sure only those 2 things? I did them and it didnt look good it was super grainy even in low... so i changed them back to 0 and the other off..
post #497 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

are u sure only those 2 things? I did them and it didnt look good it was super grainy even in low... so i changed them back to 0 and the other off..

I took pics. these are the only 2 areas that I know of that have Local Dimming entries. once activated then you will have the options to turn on the local dimming in the picture menu. there are 4 settings...off, low, med, high. choose whichever you prefer if any at all.

20120805_084030.jpg 998k .jpg file tool option 2 menu

20120805_084052.jpg 1072k .jpg file tool option 4 menu
post #498 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

gvc, which are your picture settings for games, movies, 3d, tv?


I dont use game or movies at all.. I use expert 2 for my 3d picture options and about the only changes I made were to brighten up the picture to compensate for wearing the glasses. you just have to go through and change different options to see which looks best in your particular environment. its best to look at a still picture (ie pause your dvr or whatever) . trying to fine tune while watching a show that always changing is a bit difficult. everyone has their own individual preferences and environmental factors that are different so its just trial and error on each changeable setting to see what looks best to your eyes in your house.
post #499 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govnah View Post

Purchased the LG 65LM6200 and was curious how to assign the external/internal speaker to different inputs. For example, I want to watch TV on component and use the internal speaker and if I want to watch TV with audio I would select HDMI and external speaker to pass audio to my receiver. Seems I can't assign different speaker setup for different inputs, one setup for all or am I missing something?
Thanks


I think you should consider getting a universal remote like a Harmony to be able to program different speaker outputs per activity?
post #500 of 998
Any one have any luck with the edges of the tv? Mainly to try and get rid of the cloudiness and edge bleed of the leds. I read that loosening screw and rubbing tv with a microfiber cloth can help. Wanted to know what people experience with trying to improve them at all. I have local dimming enabled. i have posted a pic on my 55lm6200. enhanced pic to show what i was talking about. thanks!s!
Edited by LoCoNights - 8/6/12 at 10:52am
post #501 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCoNights View Post

Any one have any luck with the edges of the tv? Mainly to try and get rid of the cloudiness and edge bleed of the leds. I read that loosening screw and rubbing tv with a microfiber cloth can help. Wanted to know what people experience with trying to improve them at all. I have local dimming enabled. i have posted a pic on my 55lm6200. enhanced pic to show what i was talking about. thanks!s!
me too mine looks like that, there must be another option to enable, maybe change it to 6700 or something like that... i remember in the lw5700 had to change it to lw5600
post #502 of 998
The loosening screw worked on mine.
post #503 of 998
Would I change an option in the service menu to make it a 6700? Which screws did you loosen also. I didn't wanna start messing with that until I heard from someone who did it
post #504 of 998
These look really good, found them in the UK forums:

Game Mode.

Backlight 60
contrast 75
brightness 55
sharpness 30
colour 55
tint 0
colour temp W 40

Advanceed control

dynamic contrast off
dynamic colour off
clear white off

Perfect colour
Skin -1
Grass 2
Sky colour -1
super res on
Gamma low

Picture option
N/R off
MPEG off
Black level low
Eye care off
post #505 of 998
Here are my Current settings for the 47LM6200 using a SpectraCal C6 and CalMAN v4 software.

Picture Menu:
Energy Saving: Off
Picture Mode: Expert 1
Backlight: 35 in a pitch black room (adjust to your needs)
Contrast: 88
Brightness: 52
H Sharpness: 0
V Sharpness: 0
Color: 50
Tint: 0
Aspect Ratio: Just Scan

Expert Control Menu:
Dynamic contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Black level: Low
Color Gamut: BT709
Edge Enhancer: Off
Color Filter: Off
Expert Pattern: Off [Grayed Out]
Gamma: 2.2

White Balance Menu:
Color Temperature: Warm
Method: 2-points
Pattern: Outer
Points: [High]
Red: 24
Green: 35
Blue: 40

Color Management System Menu:
Red: Saturation 3. Tint 20, Luminance 0
Green: Saturation -10. Tint 0, Luminance 13
Blue: Saturation 1. Tint 0, Luminance 20
Cyan: Saturation 0. Tint 0, Luminance 0
Magenta: Saturation -5. Tint 0, Luminance 10
Yellow: Saturation -10. Tint 0, Luminance 0

Picture Option Menu
Noise reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Eye Care: Off [Grayed Out]
TruMotion: Off
Dynamic Contrast: OFF
Super Resolution: OFF
Real Cinema: On



This is the best I could do on this set with the equipment I have, I got the color the closest to SMPTE standards as the set would allow. I was a little disappointed with black levels, but I knew what to expect when I purchased an LG. This will probably be my last update as I am satisfied with the way it looks.
post #506 of 998
I am new on here and just bought the lg65lm6200 and received it this past Friday and everthing is working great but the tv shows that it has to be updated to 04.02.85 system. I am currently running 03.02.85. Everytime I start the download it stops at around 16% sometimes less than that. My wifi is working correctly as I have other devices working on it. I called LG and they told me not to worry about the update. That made no sense to me. Is this update important and what does anyone suggest I do to try and fix this?
post #507 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by horhey1622 View Post

I am new on here and just bought the lg65lm6200 and received it this past Friday and everthing is working great but the tv shows that it has to be updated to 04.02.85 system. I am currently running 03.02.85. Everytime I start the download it stops at around 16% sometimes less than that. My wifi is working correctly as I have other devices working on it. I called LG and they told me not to worry about the update. That made no sense to me. Is this update important and what does anyone suggest I do to try and fix this?

You can go here LG 65LM6200 Support and manually download it to a USB thumb drive and update it that way. Just click on the link that says Software Update and you should find it and a PDF with instructions how to install it just below.
post #508 of 998
Originally Posted by horhey1622

I am new on here and just bought the lg65lm6200 and received it this past Friday and everthing is working great but the tv shows that it has to be updated to 04.02.85 system. I am currently running 03.02.85. Everytime I start the download it stops at around 16% sometimes less than that. My wifi is working correctly as I have other devices working on it. I called LG and they told me not to worry about the update. That made no sense to me. Is this update important and what does anyone suggest I do to try and fix this?


You can go here LG 65LM6200 Support and manually download it to a USB thumb drive and update it that way. Just click on the link that says Software Update and you should find it and a PDF with instructions how to install it just below.[/quote]

Thank you very much Heavytoka I will try this.
post #509 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavytoka View Post

Here are my Current settings for the 47LM6200 using a SpectraCal C6 and CalMAN v4 software.
Picture Menu:
Energy Saving: Off
Picture Mode: Expert 1
Backlight: 35 in a pitch black room (adjust to your needs)
Contrast: 88
Brightness: 52
H Sharpness: 0
V Sharpness: 0
Color: 50
Tint: 0
Aspect Ratio: Just Scan
Expert Control Menu:
Dynamic contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Black level: Low
Color Gamut: BT709
Edge Enhancer: Off
Color Filter: Off
Expert Pattern: Off [Grayed Out]
Gamma: 2.2
White Balance Menu:
Color Temperature: Warm
Method: 2-points
Pattern: Outer
Points: [High]
Red: 24
Green: 35
Blue: 40
Color Management System Menu:
Red: Saturation 3. Tint 20, Luminance 0
Green: Saturation -10. Tint 0, Luminance 13
Blue: Saturation 1. Tint 0, Luminance 20
Cyan: Saturation 0. Tint 0, Luminance 0
Magenta: Saturation -5. Tint 0, Luminance 10
Yellow: Saturation -10. Tint 0, Luminance 0
Picture Option Menu
Noise reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Eye Care: Off [Grayed Out]
TruMotion: Off
Dynamic Contrast: OFF
Super Resolution: OFF
Real Cinema: On
This is the best I could do on this set with the equipment I have, I got the color the closest to SMPTE standards as the set would allow. I was a little disappointed with black levels, but I knew what to expect when I purchased an LG. This will probably be my last update as I am satisfied with the way it looks.
doesn't gamma 2.2 crushes the blacks and no sharpness?
post #510 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

doesn't gamma 2.2 crushes the blacks and no sharpness?

No Gamma 2.2 does not crush blacks and no sharpness is ever needed unless you are watching a VHS. Sharpness adds artificial lines to the picture to make it look "sharper" and is technically a defunct feature that shouldn't even be on HDTv's.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › LG PASSIVE LM6200 dedicated thread...