or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › LG PASSIVE LM6200 dedicated thread...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LG PASSIVE LM6200 dedicated thread... - Page 30

post #871 of 998
I don't know if the issue is simply light bleed. I've paused a Blu-ray and scanned between the three options. I think you'll find that high washes out details, particularly grain. It's pretty noticeable on faces and backgrounds.
post #872 of 998
I just updated my firmware for the first time for the 65" since I bought it back on 9/2012. After update I noticed that when I go into the LG apps menu I don't see some of the old apps like Vudu, Youtube, etc.

Are these no longer available on LG TVs or do we need to install them again? It is weird that the Youtube app is missing though.

Anyone else see the same thing? My firmware update to 4.31.43.
post #873 of 998
32LM6200 service menu via the Logitech300 remote.

After searching for a method to access the service menu I eventually used my Logitech 300 remote and lo and behold there was a button that I could set up to access the menu - easy peasy
post #874 of 998
Hi,

I am planning to get this TV and have a few questions

1. Can the Soap opera effect be completely turned off? I saw in the first pages of the thread people complaning about SOE even after turning it off? Is that fixed in the new firmware

2. How is gaming with this TV since i play a lot of PS3? Is there any lag or it's as good as a Projection or a Plasma

3. Is the Screen semi glossy?

4. Is this tv as good as LM6700 besides the apperance?

Thanks
post #875 of 998
Any recommendations on a wall mount for the 65"? I don't need anything fancy or a big swivel, literally just a solid mount for the wall.
post #876 of 998
Just got a firmware update notification. Has anyone noticed anything different or does LG publish release notes somewhere?

New version is 04.31.43
post #877 of 998
New firmware v04.34.01 today
post #878 of 998
Hello everyone this my first post.i just got the 55lm6200 and I'm having all sorts of lag with my ps3 I have it in hdmi 1 and on game mode 1) do I need to have it on game mode none of the modes help including game mode?
2)can someone be willing to share the best setting to eliminate this.or send me a link
Thanks in advance
post #879 of 998
set it to game mode.
change hdmi name to pc or game
post #880 of 998
Ok I have already named it to game and I am using game mode I will try PC.Maybe I need more adjustments somewhere.i have never seen so much lag in any other tv.
post #881 of 998
with the newest update the 2d-3d conversion trumps the 3d-bee converter.

i just sold my 3d bee after seeing lgs go at it. very very impressive
post #882 of 998
scott name it pc and use game mode and you will have 0 lag
post #883 of 998
Thanks ill try it when I get done with work.Ill chime in if I need anymore assistance.it will take me some time to mess with the tv.
post #884 of 998
Is there anyway to force Asean Version TV to use USA latest firmware? The firmware update from local site is very slow, always few versions behind.
post #885 of 998
god damn is this update wicked!!

it actually looks 3d.
post #886 of 998
Are there recommended settings to test for flash-lighting/bleeding?

Thanks
post #887 of 998
@ Ands

yes. you can turn off the SOE
yes. there is some lag but can be tweaked
yes. Semi glossy
yes. It looks just as good

ps. There is NOTHING wrong with SOE!!!
Watch the Dark Knight with it on full mode it's awesome !!!
post #888 of 998
I have to say. With this latest firmware (04.34.01), not only is 3D conversion stronger, higher quality 3D, input lag seems greatly reduced in various inputs and settings (still there, but lessened). Blu-rays seem slightly more 3D as well, but nothing very drastic. I can actually use inputs other than PC (use my 6200 as a monitor), with true motion on, before I could not, it was too laggy. With the PC input, 3D conversion has only a slight amount of input lag, now. Before, I never put 3D conversion on, while say, browsing the web, now I can, without insufferable input lag; granted there is still lag, but for casual use, I would now call it 'functional'. Webpage text seems clearer in 3D conversion, overall I'd say it's not as 'hit and miss', as it was before this update.

Another really big improvement, is in true motion. I like having the true motion feature, sometimes if for nothing else, to add a different viewing experience, to something I've already seen. The main reason I avoid true motion, is fast moving objects can have a juddering/shimmer after image, and objects and people can have a distortion in their surrounding outline; both of these 'artifacts' have been greatly reduced. More testing needed, but I am really happy with this update smile.gif
post #889 of 998
Azim erebus- thanks for your perspective on the current firmware update. I was about to post a question about its performance. Figured it was more than a Skype update as per lg's note due to its size.


Has anyone figured how to enable switching audio language streams on video from usb or network streaming video? Some video files allow it while most of my hd MKV won't. I know the other languages are there. Only option would b to re-encode to make English the primary channel and that would b a huge pain.
post #890 of 998
Has "ENABLE LOCAL DIMMING" been removed from the service menu?


post #891 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoxlee View Post

Has "ENABLE LOCAL DIMMING" been removed from the service menu
No. Its under Tool Option 2.
post #892 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azim Erebus View Post

I have to say. With this latest firmware (04.34.01), not only is 3D conversion stronger, higher quality 3D, input lag seems greatly reduced in various inputs and settings (still there, but lessened). Blu-rays seem slightly more 3D as well, but nothing very drastic. I can actually use inputs other than PC (use my 6200 as a monitor), with true motion on, before I could not, it was too laggy. With the PC input, 3D conversion has only a slight amount of input lag, now. Before, I never put 3D conversion on, while say, browsing the web, now I can, without insufferable input lag; granted there is still lag, but for casual use, I would now call it 'functional'. Webpage text seems clearer in 3D conversion, overall I'd say it's not as 'hit and miss', as it was before this update.

Another really big improvement, is in true motion. I like having the true motion feature, sometimes if for nothing else, to add a different viewing experience, to something I've already seen. The main reason I avoid true motion, is fast moving objects can have a juddering/shimmer after image, and objects and people can have a distortion in their surrounding outline; both of these 'artifacts' have been greatly reduced. More testing needed, but I am really happy with this update smile.gif

Just to clarify--do you see an improvement when playing 3D Blu Rays? Also is the TruMotion setting on the 6200 just on/off or is it adjustable, and if the latter what setting are you using? Thanks in advance.
post #893 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azim Erebus View Post

I have to say. With this latest firmware (04.34.01), not only is 3D conversion stronger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye84 View Post

god damn is this update wicked!!

it actually looks 3d.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye84 View Post

with the newest update the 2d-3d conversion trumps the 3d-bee converter.

i just sold my 3d bee after seeing lgs go at it. very very impressive




After the update on my 65", the 2D to 3D conversion doesn't look 3D anymore. It just looks flat with no depth of field.

Can you guys share your settings?
post #894 of 998
No problem xxRAZRxx. I do see an improvement when playing 3D Blu rays, Steve S. I would have to say they appear to have more depth (into the window), and clearer, with ever so slightly more pop; probably due to clarity. The into the window depth and clarity, is just above nuanced, but no more. I would also like to note, many people might not be able to see these differences, as they are within (arbitrarily) 5% difference from prior to the update. These differences were immediately noticeable to me, however. If I were to make a claim as to what LG did, it would be that they made their existing algorithms more precise, or on target.

TruMotion can be turned on/off, and adjusted. As for the setting, it really depends on the content, and even perhaps how close you are sitting to the screen (speaking to the artifacts, not soe). I find a setting of 2 is always acceptable. Some content is fine maxed out, such as Resident Evil Retribution, but How to Train you Dragon I never go above 2. Connecting to a PC, there can be a lot of balancing, you can set your drivers, player, and TV, to converge on the picture you like best. I find that the edge enhancer setting, can sometimes help with these artifacts. A lot of people recommend turning off all processing features, but on a PC, you can add post processing features, such as deinterlacing, output codecs, color, sharpness, etc, from the PC end. I personally find it best to sometimes set programs or the TV, higher than normal viewing settings, and use the other to compensate. TV sharpness 0, program sharpness Medium, TV edge enhance High, for example. It's all very content based, and sometimes I feel as if I have to stand on my head to reconfigure settings between movies. (first world problems)


-These are my 3D movie settings, on Bluray input- (for desktop on PC input, brightness 18, no sharpness, the rested is grayed out, off, else the same.) There are also graphics card driver settings, essentially I set them to slightly lower brightness, slightly vibrant, little extra contrast, little less gamma, 6800k. I feel there might be room for improvement, but I'm content at the moment. I would also like to note, that I also have a VGA cable connected; it can be nice for old, or very low quality content.

Picture Mode: Isf Expert 1
Backlight: 80
Contrast 97
Brightness: 32
Sharpness H&V: 0-25 content, preference, and distance, 8 on crisp content, 20 on dull.
Color: 63
Tint: G6
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Content based, mostly off
Color Gamut: Standard
Edge Enhancer: Off or High, content based
Gama: 2.2
Color Temp: Cool
Method: 2points
Pattern: Outer
Points: High
Red:2
Green: -1
Blue: 2
-Color Management System-
S T L
Yellow -2 -1 0
Red 1 5 2
Green 3 6 0
Blue -10 -8 2
Cyan 3 8 1
Magenta -3 0 0
----
Noise Reduction: High or off, content based
MPEG noise reduction: High or off, content based
Black Level: Low
TruMotion: Content/preference
post #895 of 998
My 65" says120 hz on the box but when I hover the magic remote pointer on the screen it says 60. Why is it not 120?

I have Dish.
post #896 of 998
Hendo24 - you will likely never see it go higher than 60. The number in the info box represents your input source not the tv output. LG uses software to simulate 120 Hz. There were a bunch of posts about the lm6200 not being capable of true 120 Hz. Its more an issue of LG using a marketing term to mislead. Me, I don't care if its 120 or 240 Hz as long as the pixel refresh rate eliminates most if not almost all the motion blur. Overall I am really enjoying this tv and its many many features. Sure its got some kinks to work out, but what piece of modern electronics doesnt?
post #897 of 998
LG Australia seem to be dropping the ball. After hearing about the new updates I went to see what firmware I had on my 47LM6200. It was 04.10.09 but said there was an update available. Unfortunately it only gave me 04.20.11. I went to the LG Australia site and the only firmware there was 04.10.09!! Disappointing. I then contacted LG who said that the only update was that available on their site, obviously not right as the TV gave me a newer one, just not as new as the ones you are getting (in the US I presume). Anyway I've sent another email to LG but don't hold out much hope for a quick update. Perhaps any other Aussies on the site can chime in to LG for an update as well. With a few more requests they may just do something.
post #898 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxRAZRxx View Post

Has anyone figured how to enable switching audio language streams on video from usb or network streaming video? Some video files allow it while most of my hd MKV won't. I know the other languages are there. Only option would b to re-encode to make English the primary channel and that would b a huge pain.
Remote Control: Settings while the USB file is playing.
Select "Set Video"
In the new window you can selct the second audio stream
post #899 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom886 View Post

Remote Control: Settings while the USB file is playing.
Select "Set Video"
In the new window you can selct the second audio stream

I know about that setting in 'set video', but most of the time the option for selecting audio is greyed out. I was hoping there might b a service menu option to enable it everytime. Thx.
post #900 of 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxRAZRxx View Post

I know about that setting in 'set video', but most of the time the option for selecting audio is greyed out. I was hoping there might b a service menu option to enable it everytime. Thx.
This is odd, because for me it is only grayed out when I have only one Audio Channel.
If I have 2 audio streams in the mkv file, it's available.
Other settings I don't know.
Maybe when u access the service menu, there is an option available.
Sorry, I didn't play so much in there
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › LG PASSIVE LM6200 dedicated thread...