or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Onkyo New AVR's TX-NR818,717,616 official Discussion [No Price Talk]Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Onkyo New AVR's TX-NR818,717,616 official Discussion [No Price Talk]Thread - Page 12

post #331 of 1105
damn 616 is at a very decent price but afraid of pulling the trigger because of all the problems... anyone happy with their 616? if not, which one did you end up getting as the replacement?
post #332 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEN56706 View Post

damn 616 is at a very decent price but afraid of pulling the trigger because of all the problems... anyone happy with their 616? if not, which one did you end up getting as the replacement?

I bought my first 616 from Amazon and although I love it, I'm having the HDMI sleep bug. Now that it's $120 cheaper and Amazon wouldn't price match my week-old purchase, I ordered another one from them and am returning the first one (with issues) in the hopes that the new one won't have the problem.

When it works properly the receiver is great. I love using the app with my zone 2 speakers out on the deck, and it's a very nice upgrade from my existing 606.
post #333 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEN56706 View Post

damn 616 is at a very decent price but afraid of pulling the trigger because of all the problems... anyone happy with their 616? if not, which one did you end up getting as the replacement?

Hi,

I installed my 616 today - couldn't be happier. Upgraded the firmware today before I ran setup. Haven't experienced any problems yet though. What is the sleep bug? Haven't read through the whole thread.
post #334 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Thoresen View Post

Hi,

I installed my 616 today - couldn't be happier. Upgraded the firmware today before I ran setup. Haven't experienced any problems yet though. What is the sleep bug? Haven't read through the whole thread.

You will know tomorrow. :-)

Essentially the HDMI comes up as either no signal or blinks off-on repeatedly until you pull the AC plug to fix it. The issue shows up after the unit has been in standby for a few hours (like overnight).
post #335 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by rworne View Post

You will know tomorrow. :-)

Essentially the HDMI comes up as either no signal or blinks off-on repeatedly until you pull the AC plug to fix it. The issue shows up after the unit has been in standby for a few hours (like overnight).

Well my AVR is always on 24/7. So...
post #336 of 1105
So, when will the 717 and 818 be released? Are the 709 and 809 still being produced and if so when will production end?
post #337 of 1105
It was just stated a few posts back that it will be another three weeks
post #338 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post

It was just stated a few posts back that it will be another three weeks

I'd tend to agree. The vendor I ordered from said delivery was expected at the end of April, but nothing has shown up. Based on the 616 issues, Onkyo needs to work out an issue or two first.
post #339 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

Let's just say possibly but if there were they were very minor. Also I am waiting a tad longer to publish my Review. No worries though, the 818 will knock it out of the park for its price range and somewhat above.

I have the 818 pre-ordered but I am very tempted but the Denon 4311ci for only $250 more. Do you think I should stick with my pre-order or pull the trigger on the 4311ci?
post #340 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNICRON-WMD View Post

I have the 818 pre-ordered but I am very tempted but the Denon 4311ci for only $250 more. Do you think I should stick with my pre-order or pull the trigger on the 4311ci?

I would spend the extra $250 and go with the 4311. I'm a fan of Onkyo products and I'm sure the 818 will be a great AVR but the 4311 is a much better AVR IMO.

Bill
post #341 of 1105
Quote:


I have the 818 pre-ordered but I am very tempted but the Denon 4311ci for only $250 more. Do you think I should stick with my pre-order or pull the trigger on the 4311ci?

Extra $250? Try extra $1100.

The 818 is $1099, the 4311ci is $2200. The reason that so many of us are interested in the 818 is that the amount of features for the price is somewhat mind boggling.
post #342 of 1105
Audyssey MultEQ® XT32 for under $1200 is enough reason to wait for the 818.
post #343 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post


Extra $250? Try extra $1100.

The 818 is $1099, the 4311ci is $2200. The reason that so many of us are interested in the 818 is that the amount of features for the price is somewhat mind boggling.

Many including me got the 4311 for 1300ish . I still loook forward to seeing what the 818 has
post #344 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post

Extra $250? Try extra $1100.

The 818 is $1099, the 4311ci is $2200. The reason that so many of us are interested in the 818 is that the amount of features for the price is somewhat mind boggling.

The 4311 is $1299 with free shipping from several authorized dealers.
post #345 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davecraze View Post


The 4311 is $1299 with free shipping from several authorized dealers.

Which ones? (I'm allowed to ask that, right?)
post #346 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davecraze View Post

The 4311 is $1299 with free shipping from several authorized dealers.

Yeah, as a refurb. I'm sure that we will see refurbished 818s in 6-9 months for $650. The cheapest price for a new unit is about $1500 shipped and I'm not sure that they are an authorized dealer.

Anyway, we are here to discuss the 818, not the Denon.
post #347 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

I would spend the extra $250 and go with the 4311. I'm a fan of Onkyo products and I'm sure the 818 will be a great AVR but the 4311 is a much better AVR IMO.

Bill

Not in terms of video processing.
post #348 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJai View Post

Audyssey MultEQ® XT32 for under $1200 is enough reason to wait for the 818.

That and the top shelf video processing.
post #349 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

Not in terms of video processing.

This is true but for my needs video processing is not high on my list of features. Does the 818 have SubEQ to go along with XT32?

Bill
post #350 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post

Yeah, as a refurb. I'm sure that we will see refurbished 818s in 6-9 months for $650. The cheapest price for a new unit is about $1500 shipped and I'm not sure that they are an authorized dealer.

Anyway, we are here to discuss the 818, not the Denon.

No not as a refurb. Electronics Expo should have the 4311 (new A stock) back in stock this week and the price I was quoted was $1299 shipped. I see many threads where the discussion bounces back and forth between different brands. So seeing that you brought the discussion back to Denon with incorrect information I felt the need to correct that. Back to the discussion of the 818.

Bill
post #351 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post


That and the top shelf video processing.

That's a given with how good the 809 and up are.
post #352 of 1105
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

the top shelf video processing.

++11oo
post #353 of 1105
What picture controls does the 818 have for ISF calibration?
post #354 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJai View Post

That's a given with how good the 809 and up are.

Exactly.
post #355 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post

What picture controls does the 818 have for ISF calibration?

I'm also very interested in the answer to this question. Can color primaries be adjusted?
post #356 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by KramerTC View Post

I'm also very interested in the answer to this question. Can color primaries be adjusted?

From what little I've seen, it looks much like the 809's capabilities. That would be RGB and Gamma. I need to get back home to look over my source code to make absolutely sure.
post #357 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post

Yeah, as a refurb. I'm sure that we will see refurbished 818s in 6-9 months for $650. The cheapest price for a new unit is about $1500 shipped and I'm not sure that they are an authorized dealer.

Anyway, we are here to discuss the 818, not the Denon.

No, sorry but you are incorrect. I also purchased a new one from an authorized dealer for 1299 shipped.

Now, back to the 818.
post #358 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davecraze View Post

No, sorry but you are incorrect. I also purchased a new one from an authorized dealer for 1299 shipped.

Now, back to the 818.

I am referring to what is available today. We all know that there have been deeply discounted prices on some of these units over the past six months.
post #359 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post

I am referring to what is available today. We all know that there have been deeply discounted prices on some of these units over the past six months.

I can get the 4311Ci for $1,300 shpped from Electronics Expo. They get more in stock by Friday.

I was really on the fence between the 4311 and the 818. NEOx, better video processing and 4k scaling and the price won me over. I applied and used the Amazon CC to get and extra $50. So the 818 is only $1,050 shipped.
post #360 of 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNICRON-WMD View Post

I can get the 4311Ci for $1,300 shpped from Electronics Expo. They get more in stock by Friday.

I was really on the fence between the 4311 and the 818. NEOx, better video processing and 4k scaling and the price won me over. I applied and used the Amazon CC to get and extra $50. So the 818 is only $1,050 shipped.

What part of today don't you understand? People are going on and on about deals they got a week ago, a month ago, or might get later this week, next week, month after, etc.

I'll gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today?

Seriously, if you guys want to discuss deals, find a more appropriate forum. If you want to discuss the relative merits of the 818 vs the 4311 then this is the appropriate venue, but this price talk has gotten flat out stupid (and, as all of you regulars should know is verboten).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Onkyo New AVR's TX-NR818,717,616 official Discussion [No Price Talk]Thread