Originally Posted by jmpage2
If you can hold out another couple of months it seems (to me) likely that the 818 will be available for $800-$850.
It does look very very good for the money but I think I'm going to hold off for a month or two just to see what problems early adopters have.
I'm sitting on my $1,000 I had budgeted (and saved) for my next receiver and the 818 is a couple of hundred dollars over that. I can wait until it drops enough or someone returns an 809 to a vendor like Vanns or Newegg and it can be had for a very
reasonable amount or another receiver with similar features and quality catches my eye and has good feedback from people here.
I had hoped to buy within the next couple of weeks but will have more patience in order to get what I want and that is born of input from folks here.