or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic GT50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic GT50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 107

post #3181 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

It really is too bad that people don't read the book that comes with the tv and overlook good advice in favor of taking their own path. wink.gif
What is a Joe the Plumber called that is female?

I read the manual. The Image retention info is a one line, standard, super vague blurb that exists to prevent them from having to stand behind their product. Nowhere in the manual does it mention break in, and I am far from Joe the Plumber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Burned, I frequently have trouble seeing some of the problems in pictures that are posted as illustrations. I will appreciate any additional information that you can provide about what you're seeing.

sure




What source material did you use during the first 100 hours? Were you using any special settings? I used a little of everything. mostly full screen, HD TV and movies.

It's possible to understand this statement in more than one way. Did you do nothing but play games during this period? Was the display off between sessions?
I usually leave it on TV playing in the background whenever I'm home, so no it wasn't only games."

What mode did you use when you were watching "normal" movies? before the problems I used the standard cinema settings, after I used the game mode settings to match the intensity settings which caused the problem.
post #3182 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

It really is too bad that people don't read the book that comes with the tv and overlook good advice in favor of taking their own path. wink.gif
What is a Joe the Plumber called that is female?

Someone earlier said Josephine. smile.gif. I agree with you because I am the very one that will read the owners manual. I read the manuals on everything I buy, no jokes. I read the manual completely on my 3D glasses even though I knew how to operate them, but the issue here is (and I'm not jumping on anyone here per say) this place is (for a lack of better words) a geek forum. My point earlier was the average joe doesn't read owner's manuals, doesn't lurk around tech forums. Why should he when didn't have to do it before when buying his tech products in the past?
Mechanics will say the same about everyone else that it's a shame that their customer's won't read the owner's manual on their own cars after they buy them. I've never lurked a car forum and I probably never will upon my next car purchase. I never had to so why start now?
Technology should be the last thing in our lives that we have to be concerned about on a daily basis. I'm sitting here typing on my iMac. I'm not thinking about it crashing or freezing or shutting down and the Plasma customer shouldn't have to be thinking about washing the screen after watching tons of letterbox content. It's almost 2013, technology should be better than this. Personally I'm cool with caring for my Panny Plasma but my family just won't do what it takes to care for it properly.
post #3183 of 9713
What does break-in mean to you and what purpose does it serve?
post #3184 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post

... It's almost 2013, technology should be better than this. ... .

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

biggrin.gif I think I'll leave instructions to have something like this put on my headstone biggrin.gif

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
post #3185 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

Umm ... yeah.
Like I said earlier - magnifying glass.

Indeed, just wanted to share since a lot of people seem interested. Does not have any real life impact on me,
post #3186 of 9713
I don't own a GT50 yet but plan to in the future. I do own a Panasonic plasma (TC-P46S2) and noticed a few threads about whites looking grey. I notice this on my older plasma to but only when using the "warm" setting. I use the "cool" setting which makes the whites look bright white (for me) and the "normal" setting also makes whites look bright white and not dirty. I only mention this because I normally I see recommended settings always using "warm" and I am sure when people see these sets in the stores they are set at warm also. I am sure if I let myself get used to the warm settings the initial dirty whites I see would start to look normal but I'm happy with using other than "warm" settings.
Edited by steve1022 - 8/7/12 at 7:57pm
post #3187 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludersven View Post

Here is an example of the oil painting issue. This photo is taken from about 10 inches and it is of an avatar on my PS3. First pic is with PS3 set to output at 720p and second is 1080p. Easy to see it. HOWEVER, I had the TV on all day watching movies and shows on UVERSE (720p) and I have not noticed any issues. Maybe if I watched TV from 10 inches I would but not seeing it from 9 - 10 feet. I will keep looking for any indication that this oil painting issue manifests itself during regular usage but so far it is not.
The fact is that if no one had told me about this issue I would never have noticed it myself. Very happy with the TV after the first 8 hours. Watching Kiki's Delivery Service with the wife right now. TV on CNETs ST50 settings and it looks very good.


I can notice it from 7-8 feet on my 50". I really do hope I just have a bad panel and a replacement will solve the issue. I really really do.
post #3188 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post

Someone earlier said Josephine. smile.gif. I agree with you because I am the very one that will read the owners manual. I read the manuals on everything I buy, no jokes. I read the manual completely on my 3D glasses even though I knew how to operate them, but the issue here is (and I'm not jumping on anyone here per say) this place is (for a lack of better words) a geek forum. My point earlier was the average joe doesn't read owner's manuals, doesn't lurk around tech forums. Why should he when didn't have to do it before when buying his tech products in the past?
Mechanics will say the same about everyone else that it's a shame that their customer's won't read the owner's manual on their own cars after they buy them. I've never lurked a car forum and I probably never will upon my next car purchase. I never had to so why start now?
Technology should be the last thing in our lives that we have to be concerned about on a daily basis. I'm sitting here typing on my iMac. I'm not thinking about it crashing or freezing or shutting down and the Plasma customer shouldn't have to be thinking about washing the screen after watching tons of letterbox content. It's almost 2013, technology should be better than this. Personally I'm cool with caring for my Panny Plasma but my family just won't do what it takes to care for it properly.

I hear ya and I'm with you. I have to know as much as possible about anything I invest in or plan to love. I read the whole book that use to come with computers back in the DOS days. I hate that owner's manuals seem to be written in a way that seems to indicate that they don't think anyone reads them anymore. When I wrote my post I did give consideration to car owner's manuals (remember what they used to include in those things?).

You're a Mac person? Really? I was going to say something about personal responsibility, and how that is dying, but then I'd have to say something about Apple. wink.gif (don't hit me please- lol) I do agree that technology should be better than this and I believe it could be but profit rules ya know. I think this year's top three Pannys illustrate the narrowing/depreciation of quality in favor of profit pretty well because all three are so very close in what they have to offer.
post #3189 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie1588 View Post

I can notice it from 7-8 feet on my 50". I really do hope I just have a bad panel and a replacement will solve the issue. I really really do.

Then call Amazon right now. I can't wait to know what you find.
post #3190 of 9713
Well, I have had my 65' gt50 for about 5 days now. I have been running the slides periodically because, despite what others may say, I feel it will help to reduce the effect of ir/burn in. I did this with my 54" g10 and it served me well. Anyways, the set has actually exceeded my faily high expections. It is clearly better than my g10, which still has very good picture quality. Black levels are very good. I have been using thx bright room quite a bit, so I am really pretty glad I chose the gt over the st. I have also been impressed w/ the overall build quality. Has a much more "high end" feel and look to it than my g10. I have watched a little 3d and can confirm that it looks very good with the 48p setting, and does not flicker like that setting does in 2d (which makes it unwatchable imho). 3d is kind of a kick, but we will see if I still enjoy it after the novelty wears off. It has a very slight buzz on bright scenes, but nothing noticeable with any kind of volume or ambient noise from my 10' viewing distance. A little quieter than my g10 (still, very faint) and a lot quieter than my old philips plasma (that one drove me nuts!!! a total p.o.s.) I was a bit concerned after hearing other reports regarding Ir on these sets, but I am reporting quiet the opposite. I think this one is less prone to ir than my g10. I have seen none so far. But then again, I am extra careful about it.. My only real gripe is an annoyance more than anything, and that is that the volume when recieving pcm from my blu ray player is quiet a bit lower in volume than other sources. I adjusted it in the settings of the tv, but still am not 100% happy with it. I usually use the surround sound when watching movies anyways but i just thought I would give my impression. Anyways, overall it has been a great experience thus far.
post #3191 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludersven View Post

Here is an example of the oil painting issue. This photo is taken from about 10 inches and it is of an avatar on my PS3. First pic is with PS3 set to output at 720p and second is 1080p. Easy to see it. HOWEVER, I had the TV on all day watching movies and shows on UVERSE (720p) and I have not noticed any issues. Maybe if I watched TV from 10 inches I would but not seeing it from 9 - 10 feet. I will keep looking for any indication that this oil painting issue manifests itself during regular usage but so far it is not.
The fact is that if no one had told me about this issue I would never have noticed it myself. Very happy with the TV after the first 8 hours. Watching Kiki's Delivery Service with the wife right now. TV on CNETs ST50 settings and it looks very good.


I'm not trying to be a smart@ss about this, but when I see this, I think you're looking at a hirez image (1080) and a lower rez image (720) and asking why the lower resolution has less detail?
post #3192 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post

I'm not trying to be a smart@ss about this, but when I see this, I think you're looking at a hirez image (1080) and a lower rez image (720) and asking why the lower resolution has less detail?

I have been thinking the same thing. And as stated before, this is not a concern of mine. I'm going to play some games and see what I see.
post #3193 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie1588 View Post

I can notice it from 7-8 feet on my 50". I really do hope I just have a bad panel and a replacement will solve the issue. I really really do.

OH MY GOD.... that is horrible. Folks, you don't seem to understand what he is saying. It's the same source material. Viewing it in 720p should NOT and I repeat NOT produce this horrible result. Hell, my first plasma was a 720p only model years ago and it never had an issue like this. You just saw more aliasing, but it was still JUST as crystal clear.

I think you've uncovered a horrible limitation of this year's Panasonic plasmas, and I don't think its just your set. I think their video scaling is total garbage. I seriously think no one bothers to test or use 720p anymore because they are not gamers like us.

Does anyone know if the 2012 Samsung plasmas produce the same result??? I really feel for you, Frankie. I'd return or sell this ASAP. I can just imagine trying to play Infamous 2 or any other 720p game with that crap going on.
post #3194 of 9713
UPDATE: OK so its been a few days now and the TV seems to just be getting better every day. I now understand why experts profess the "break in" period with plasmas. While I can still see the bright pulse/flicker when I look for it, we've had no bouts with IR or buzzing. I played NBA 2k12 for about an hour then Mass Effect 3 for about 3 hours last night and I am still floored by the graphics.

- I have never mentioned the speakers on this set because I have a great home theater setup so we seldom use the TV speakers. The speakers are actually not bad. The bass is noticeable and the highs are not too tweeter-ish. I was actually impressed by the speakers once I turned on surround and upped the bass a little.

- One thing of note is the Xbox 360 dashboard menu issue some folks have complained about. The bottom of the dashboard flashes and pulses something fierce. Kinda like the flashing issue I have whenever I see brights on this set but much much worse - yes using HDMI. This does not effect game play whatsoever. I would be interested in what the VT users have to say about this...

- Another negative is the included web browser. It is really lacking in plugins as well as style. Its nearly useless.

- As for Wifi, the set DOES do dual band. It picked up both my 802.11g as well as my 802.11n without issue. Still, its connected via ethernet cable.

- The base feels wobbly and fragile. My set is also uneven in it's stand but it will be mounted shortly. I find this to be an interesting QC ball drop..

- The screen on this unit seems to repel dust?? Is that possible? It is also great with fingerprints and smudges. They all wipe right off with dry microfiber.

- When purchasing this set please be sure to pick up some HDMI right angled adapters. Not only are the HDMI sockets too close to each other, they are very close to the left edge of the screen - stiff HDMI cables will show on the left side..
post #3195 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixLev View Post

The bottom of the dashboard flashes and pulses something fierce. Kinda like the flashing issue I have whenever I see brights on this set but much much worse - yes using HDMI. This does not effect game play whatsoever. I would be interested in what the VT users have to say about this....

Limitation of plasma tech. The damn things flicker. I used to have plasmas, then switched to LCD. Now every time I walk into BestBuy and look at one, white screens flicker like an old monitor. No surprise whatsoever that the overly white and contrasty 360 dash flickers this badly. Plasmas are good for one thing only, and that's motion video. Everything else is terrible. Static images? Burn in. Text on screen? Line bleed. Bright static scenes? Flicker central. And now they can't even seem to scale 720p correctly, which my 4 year old LCD does with ease? You've got to be kidding me. Then there's the heat and the buzzing to contend with. I'd seriously rather have clouding, flashlighting, and motion blur than deal with all that. I used to be a plasma fan and owned 2 Panny plasmas from 2004 to 2008 before I discovered all these issues.
post #3196 of 9713
^^^I wouldn't. Why are you in a plasma thread if you dislike them so much?
post #3197 of 9713
I've been considering a UT50 but was wondering about some of the features of the higher level series. Is Pure Direct 1080p only for supporting PCs with 4:4:4 color space? I've been reading about color sub sampling and trying to understand it. So far I've gathered that BD/HD content is mastered in 4:2:0 (or is it 4:2:2?) so I wouldn't need this feature. I also noticed that the GT50 and VT50 that have this feature have PC modes, the GT50 having Full and the VT50 having Full and 4:3 - I don't know why you might want 4:3 for PC resolution, though. I was also wondering about how 96Hz playback is for 24p content? Does it play significantly better than 48Hz? Most people seem to report that it flickers so they stick with 60Hz except with 3D; 48Hz 3D can be a toss up too according to what I've read.
post #3198 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius View Post

Limitation of plasma tech. The damn things flicker. I used to have plasmas, then switched to LCD. Now every time I walk into BestBuy and look at one, white screens flicker like an old monitor. No surprise whatsoever that the overly white and contrasty 360 dash flickers this badly. Plasmas are good for one thing only, and that's motion video. Everything else is terrible. Static images? Burn in. Text on screen? Line bleed. Bright static scenes? Flicker central. And now they can't even seem to scale 720p correctly, which my 4 year old LCD does with ease? You've got to be kidding me. Then there's the heat and the buzzing to contend with. I'd seriously rather have clouding, flashlighting, and motion blur than deal with all that. I used to be a plasma fan and owned 2 Panny plasmas from 2004 to 2008 before I discovered all these issues.

Wow, someone didn't have a good day, relax bud, I don't think there are many people that can see white screen flicker like an old monitor like you do. "Everything else is terrible" give me a break, Look, they wouldn't award the panasonic ST/GT/VT the best in picture quality for no reason. I don't know if you have any of these but most owners don't experience any of those problems you mentioned. I come from owning nothing but LCD's and I can honestly say, once i saw the blacks, No motion blur, No clouding, no flashlightling and picture quality of this GT, There's no way I would go back to LCD. LCD/LED are good for gaming but so are plasmas.
post #3199 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius View Post

OH MY GOD....Does anyone know if the 2012 Samsung plasmas produce the same result??? ... .

You should probably ask in the appropriate Samy forum or some game forum. From following this thread I can tell you that 90% of the the folks here simply don't care if 720p computer games even work biggrin.gif

Seriously, if you want to play games go with a 27" or 30" WQHD monitor + a juiced-up display adapter and sit about 3 feet away. The immersive effect will be 30x better than any TV ever created biggrin.gif Playing games on a TV is tedious at best. Big screen TV's simply do not have a high enough pixed density for immersion. Serious gamers know they have better options; casual gamers don't care.
post #3200 of 9713
De-fense (clap,clap) De-fense (clap,clap) De-fense tongue.gif
Edited by falconman515 - 8/8/12 at 10:42pm
post #3201 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius View Post

... Plasmas are good for one thing only, and that's motion video. ... .

And thats EXACTLY what they are INTENDED to be used for, TV and video playback. Its also why they are consistently rated as the best consumer video displays.

I have no idea why you think that plasma is supposed to be the ultimate universal display technology; its not. If you just figured that out your about 15 years behind eek.gif For what its intended to do, plasma does it exceedingly well.
post #3202 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by djPerfectTrip View Post

^^^I wouldn't. Why are you in a plasma thread if you dislike them so much?

he be a troll wink.gif
post #3203 of 9713
Different strokes, but i feel the complete opposite. For film, i've had nothing but horrible experiences from both LED and LCD.
First off, nobody ever mentions the disgusting pissy 'no glow' that emits from the UV backlight, the motion smearing is completey
uneccaptable and it's basically ruined all of the movie experiences i've had on them. Sure you can get great black levels with some of the top leading
LED's, but so what when you have that nasty motion smearing? It's that very reason why i pass on both technologies. There's also
blooming, viewing angle problems, light emmiting from the back of the TV and onto the wall where you THEN have to get an ambient
light to get rid of it and i dont' want to have ambient light on when i watch film. XP

If an LED/LCD had the motion handeling of a good plasma i'd definitly change my tune....Having no Auto dimming to deal with,
a cleaner image for gaming, the insane brightness, bright whites and zero glare are huge pluses. But that motion handeling is the
big deal breaker. I'm not biased towards any technology, i think it's absolutely hilariouse to be. But ya....We just got to put
up with the pro's and cons until Super OLED becomes more affordable. anybody got $8000 to spare for Sammy's new 55" Super OLED
at the end of the month? XP

Anyways! I don't notice any bleeding or flickering effect on my plasmas, and besides LCD and especially LED generally produce more
lag. I've got an LK450 LCD still sitting around but i refuse to game on it because of the motion smearing. When the screen is static
in 'Rayman origins' for example, it's drop dead gorgeous....Start running around and the entire background smears like hell including
the characters, what good is HD if an LCD and LED are both constantly blurring out all the detail like a VHS tape on crack? It knocks it down
to blurry RCA/composite quality for crying out loud. 1080p 'static' on an LED/LCD? gorgeous, but when things start moving fast, weather you're
zipping a camera around or running across the screen in rayman it looks slightly worse than 480 with a composite connection at times.lol

First and 3rd person titles are thee' worst to play on them period.
Slow moving sidescrollers and platformers however i personally feel fare the best. even then, i just can't deal with it.....
And plasma's with their inherant auto dimming is another problem i have. I still favor CRT's, but they're dead. Too bulky, too heavy,
and limmited in size. So plasma for now for me at least is the next best thing.

You could give me the most expensiv 60" LED on the market and i'd STILL rather watch movies on a 32" Sony CRT tube TV. reason being?
MOTION handeling.
post #3204 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius View Post

OH MY GOD.... that is horrible. Folks, you don't seem to understand what he is saying. It's the same source material. Viewing it in 720p should NOT and I repeat NOT produce this horrible result. Hell, my first plasma was a 720p only model years ago and it never had an issue like this. You just saw more aliasing, but it was still JUST as crystal clear.
I think you've uncovered a horrible limitation of this year's Panasonic plasmas, and I don't think its just your set. I think their video scaling is total garbage. I seriously think no one bothers to test or use 720p anymore because they are not gamers like us.
Does anyone know if the 2012 Samsung plasmas produce the same result??? I really feel for you, Frankie. I'd return or sell this ASAP. I can just imagine trying to play Infamous 2 or any other 720p game with that crap going on.

You're wrong. Not all cable and satellite programming is 1080i and neither is all Netflix, Amazon and Vudu viewed in 1080.
post #3205 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveBoy View Post

Different strokes, but i feel the complete opposite. For film, i've had nothing but horrible experiences from both LED and LCD.
First off, nobody ever mentions the disgusting pissy 'no glow' that emits from the UV backlight, the motion smearing is completey
uneccaptable and it's basically ruined all of the movie experiences i've had on them. Sure you can get great black levels with some of the top leading
LED's, but so what when you have that nasty motion smearing? It's that very reason why i pass on both technologies. There's also
blooming, viewing angle problems, light emmiting from the back of the TV and onto the wall where you THEN have to get an ambient
light to get rid of it and i dont' want to have ambient light on when i watch film. XP
If an LED/LCD had the motion handeling of a good plasma i'd definitly change my tune....Having no Auto dimming to deal with,
a cleaner image for gaming, the insane brightness, bright whites and zero glare are huge pluses. But that motion handeling is the
big deal breaker. I'm not biased towards any technology, i think it's absolutely hilariouse to be. But ya....We just got to put
up with the pro's and cons until Super OLED becomes more affordable. anybody got $8000 to spare for Sammy's new 55" Super OLED
at the end of the month? XP
Anyways! I don't notice any bleeding or flickering effect on my plasmas, and besides LCD and especially LED generally produce more
lag. I've got an LK450 LCD still sitting around but i refuse to game on it because of the motion smearing. When the screen is static
in 'Rayman origins' for example, it's drop dead gorgeous....Start running around and the entire background smears like hell including
the characters, what good is HD if an LCD and LED are both constantly blurring out all the detail like a VHS tape on crack? It knocks it down
to blurry RCA/composite quality for crying out loud. 1080p 'static' on an LED/LCD? gorgeous, but when things start moving fast, weather you're
zipping a camera around or running across the screen in rayman it looks slightly worse than 480 with a composite connection at times.lol
First and 3rd person titles are thee' worst to play on them period.
Slow moving sidescrollers and platformers however i personally feel fare the best. even then, i just can't deal with it.....
And plasma's with their inherant auto dimming is another problem i have. I still favor CRT's, but they're dead. Too bulky, too heavy,
and limmited in size. So plasma for now for me at least is the next best thing.
You could give me the most expensiv 60" LED on the market and i'd STILL rather watch movies on a 32" Sony CRT tube TV. reason being?
MOTION handeling.

I agree.

CRTs are dead and 480p is hot on it's heals. We all have our own issues with the current tech available to us and we each choose what we can best live with.
post #3206 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post

I'm not trying to be a smart@ss about this, but when I see this, I think you're looking at a hirez image (1080) and a lower rez image (720) and asking why the lower resolution has less detail?

Thank you... thank you... thank you.

*sigh*
post #3207 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

he be a troll wink.gif

Funny how I get called a troll yet I have seniority over everyone yelling at me. I was in the plasma thread because I was just about to buy a new plasma before I discovered all this evidence of terrible 720p and flickering. My old plasmas never flickered, so why do I see it constantly on new models?
And you think I LIKE having to deal with all the LCD motion blur? Honestly, both plasma and LCD are terrible at this point, for completely different reasons. I either have to settle for flicker, line bleed, burn in, and bad 720p or clouding, flashlighting, DSE, SOE, and motion blur. If you don't see flicker and line bleed on plasmas, you just aren't paying attention. I guess I'll just keep my 52" CCFL and suffer with it until a display tech emerges that doesn't completely suck. And even when I find something that sounds promising, like the Samsung E8000, everyone complains about BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ. UGH!
post #3208 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

he be a troll wink.gif

Funny how I get called a troll yet I have seniority over everyone yelling at me.
Now that's cute, real cute. rolleyes.gif

Yell! Yell! Yell! tongue.gif
post #3209 of 9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

I agree.
CRTs are dead and 480p is hot on it's heals. We all have our own issues with the current tech available to us and we each choose what we can best live with.

CRT tube TV's are still the ultimate choice to retro game on, be it the NES, Atari 2600, SNES, Genesis ect ect.
I'd never sell my 20" Sony 92'(thinking of upgrading to a 27") TUBE Tv. XP Playing retro games on an HDTV is possibly the worst thing you could do.
Using a composite cable and running 480i on any HDTV will produce some nasty lag, plus i love the nostalgia factor
of using a TUBE TV, totaly takes me back.

But ya, other than that they're dead. Most people want to get rid of them. Old school gamers still love them to death like myself,
while there are even other gamers out there who refuse to part from them because of the zero lag they deliver, although they're
kind of in the minority, but i can understand where they are coming from. I cant deal with anything past 1 frame of lag.
HD graphics and all of that other shnazzy crap doesn't matter to me if the game doesn't perform or respond properly. 'gameplay'
matters first.
post #3210 of 9713
Bleeding? Flickering? Burn-in?!

These are only problems if you look for them. As far as "burn in", all you have to do is read your manual, don't use irresponsible settings, don't fall asleep while viewing, don't abuse your set with video games, less than full screen content, or news & sports logos, and just ENJOY your plasma instead of scrutinizing it until you find some trivial issue most owners don,t seem to have. If you really can't remember these simple guidelines, then either accept some very mild & temporary image retention (not "burn in" lol), or accept the fact that it's time for you to MOVE ON!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic GT50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]