Originally Posted by Freddyknuckles
No more 55GT50's in inventory and no more coming in. They are talking about bumping me up to a 55VT50. Thoughts anyone? His offer was +$200. I said i am not paying more. He said he would have to speak to his supervisor and call me back. I know it's a better tv but i have read some things about the VT's having more subdude colors or not playing quite as bright ad the ST or the GT due to the better black filter. Can anyone advise? Time is of the essence as I am waiting for a call. Thank you very much.
Soooo....Hadn't heard from Paul's all day.
5:00 PM I called them and spoke to a rep that said he would e-mail a supervisor and would monitor the situation. If they did not get back in 2 hours he would go "tap them on the shoulder"
6:45 PM - Received a call from the warehouse who advised me my 55GT50 was back in stock and ready to ship. What day is good for me? Seriously? If this wasn't so pathetic it would be funny. When I told her that I had spoken to 3 other people today that was NOT the case, I was put on hold and when she came back I was told I was correct. The TV was not in stock and they would be getting no more. She said she doesn't know why she was told they were in and she would "forward this to a supervisor".
10:30 PM I called and spoke to a service rep who stated that the exchange for the GT50 for the VT50 was in the system and awaiting final processing. The first I had heard of it. He said a supervisor was "unavailable" and he PROMISED to call me by 6:00 PM EST tomorrow.