Originally Posted by Logic_BomB
So perhaps not the cheapest PC in the world (I need everything, no spare parts lying around...) but what does this look like to you guys:
- CPU : Intel Sandy Bridge G620 $69.99
- Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H $94.99
- RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600MHz $25.99
- HDD: Seagate Barracuda Green*ST2000DL003* $109.88
- SSD: Crucial (CT064M4SSD2) 64GB SSD m4 2.5" SATA 3 $89.99
- PSU: Antec EA-380D Green EarthWatts 380W Continuous Power Supply $42.88
- Case: Silverstone Grandia GD05 Black HTPC mATX Case $105.99
- Optical: Asus BC-12B1ST - shoprbc $64.99
I'd get a cheaper motherboard but I know next to nothing about them, what I'm looking for, etc... so I just picked up an H77 that my cheap/local place (here
) has in stock.
Any incompatibilities or issues that I'm not seeing? Is this seriously over-built for a simple "rip and play everything I want" machine?
You can save a chunk on the motherboard.
Here's basically what you want :
- LGA1155 socket (so it's compatible with your CPU)
- Slots and support for enough RAM (really shouldn't be a problem)
- HDMI output (I'm guessing you want to show HD content on a TV/projector)
- Enough SATA ports to support all your drives. So, maybe 4? ODD, HDD, SSD + 1 spare
That's a nice case, I opted for the less expensive Silverstone ML03b! Can't wait to get it!
I'm guessing that's 4GB of RAM?
You could possible save a few bucks on the processor and get a G530. Someone else should confirm this, I'm not sure how well the G530 handles BR playback.
And from what I've understood, if you want to playback 3D, you'll need to get an i3 processor. Depends what you mean by "play everything I want"