Originally Posted by Brajesh
Anyone have a suggestion for a HTPC under $300 to meet the following requirements?
- Run XBMC with hd audio support (bitstreaming)
- Run WMC, mainly for OTA HD recording/timeshifting via HDHomeRun
- Play 1:1 BD rips smoothly over SMB off Synology NAS
- Prefer pre-built system, but barebones fine, as long as only hard drive, RAM and Win7 need installed
(Don't want to build from scratch)
- Prefer home theater friendly form factor (small, not fugly)
- Blu-ray 3D a plus, but not necessary
- Netflix HD a plus, but not necessary
Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver for Home, Premium and Ultimate Edition - $15.00
Foxconn Intel H67 Mini ITX DDR3 1066 LGA 1155 Motherboards H67S-B3 H67S V2.0-GBOX - $69.00
Intel G530 CPU 2.40 GHZ 2M CACHE 2.4 2 LGA 1155 Processor (BX80623G530) - $47.00
Antec ISK 300-150 Black Mini-ITX Desktop Computer Case 150 Watt Power Supply - $89.00
4GB Dual Channel Kit DDR3 1333 MHz PC3-10666 Desktop DIMM Memory Kit - $26.99
OCZ 60 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid 3 SSD Series (SLD3-25SAT3-60G) – $65.00
Zalman PWM Mate Fan Speed Controller - $14.95
$320.00 plus the cost of any software you need.
You can save a few on a cheaper case, but the Antec is nice and quiet with the power supply located out of the way.