or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › America's Got Talent Season 7 May 14th, 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

America's Got Talent Season 7 May 14th, 2012 - Page 4

post #91 of 446
Anything is better than Piers. I couldn't even watch the show when he was on. He is just awful in every sense of the word.
post #92 of 446
The past couple of years Bollywood was hot, this year it looks like it's clogging. Not that I mind because I like clogging.

I like that very few ridiculous/terrible acts have passed through.

They also seem to be giving us more two second looks at some of the acts than they have in the past. The other night they flew through them.

So far no act has blown me away, but I still think this is going to be the best year of AGT.
post #93 of 446
Thread Starter 
I believe the entire vibe of the show has changed and it has improved substantially .. now that Piers is gone, we see just what a drag he really was ..

Howard is doing an excellent job and I think he is really into it .. his take is fresh, he's genuinely happy doing it, his ad libs are great

Whoever decided to bring in Howard made the right choice ..
post #94 of 446
Yeah I couldn't believe the "candy pants/sword man/eyelid guy" team made it to Vegas.. LOL

was "little Ozzy" crying? or what?

We know that a singer will make it to the top 3 and most likely win.. but I still haven't seen a breakthru singer yet, maybe the father/daughter duet back in episode 1 and they'll probably ask the father to step out..
post #95 of 446
Thread Starter 
Even though I think the judges now have made the show much better ..

The talent so far is still pretty weak ..

They raved over the guy that sang "You are so beautiful .. " and I thought, hey, this is nothing more than a second rate Joe Cocker impression ..

Now, the guy that did all the celebrity voices, he may have a shot .. after all, a good impressionist can make a living .. Rich Little did ...
post #96 of 446
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post


was "little Ozzy" crying? or what?

I hate to say it, but I thought Little Ozzy did alright .. Big Ozzy should get him to open a few shows ..
post #97 of 446
Yeah and I think he sings better than current Ozzy...
post #98 of 446
The oprea singer at the end was amazing, good for him.
post #99 of 446
I wasn’t overly impressed with Andrew De Leon, the opera singer. I need to hear more before I’m won over. Previous opera singers that have made it to the finals blew me away from the very beginning. He was surprisingly good, though. I was more impressed with the bluesy/jazz singer girl and the guitarist who accompanied her. I’m looking forward to what she does next. I couldn’t believe she wasn’t good enough for Howie, yet he votes yes for the stupid acts that have zero chance to win.

I also liked the mind-reader.
Edited by Aliens - 6/7/12 at 3:06pm
post #100 of 446
Thread Starter 
I'm still not overly impressed with any act this season .. the girl singer and guitar player were alright, however, she drops into that contrived singing style that seems to be done to death on singing talent shows these days .. no real originality .. I'm interested in seeing what the mind reader does next .. the excitement Howard brought with him is slowly cooling off .. I'll be glad when they get to Vegas ..

And what's with all the sideshow acts these days .. ??
post #101 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

And what's with all the sideshow acts these days .. ??
My guess is that those acts have showed up every season, but for some reason they've actually let a few get through to broadcast this time around.
post #102 of 446
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

My guess is that those acts have showed up every season, but for some reason they've actually let a few get through to broadcast this time around.

I looked at my wife last night and said: "OK, they load up on tattoos and piercings and earlobe expansion .. now they can't get a job because no one wants to hire them in this economy, so they end up forming a Circus Sideshow .. "
post #103 of 446
Report on the radio this morning was that the stuttering country singer from the other night is a fraud and was not hurt in Afghanistan. He says that's a lie and is going to sue his ex wife.
post #104 of 446
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

Report on the radio this morning was that the stuttering country singer from the other night is a fraud and was not hurt in Afghanistan. He says that's a lie and is going to sue his ex wife.

how could anyone go on National TV and expect to pull off a fraud like that .. ??
post #105 of 446
http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/06/americas-got-talent-timothy-poe-stutter-fraud/

So they asked him for anything to back up his story and he's got nothing.

Uhh...where's your purple heart to start with right?
post #106 of 446
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/06/americas-got-talent-timothy-poe-stutter-fraud/
So they asked him for anything to back up his story and he's got nothing.
Uhh...where's your purple heart to start with right?

As a Vet myself, if he is lying, he should and could be prosecuted .. medical records / medals / DD 214 document .. etc are all easily available to any Vet ..
post #107 of 446
post #108 of 446

It's unknown whether Poe, a guitar-strumming country singer, is among the top 48 picked in a Las Vegas audition round in April or if he's out of the competition. The person would not reveal Poe's fate on the show, nor would NBC or the show's producers.

Poe, who was seen on a pre-taped episode Monday of "America's Got Talent," was among about 100 acts that the show's judges sent on to the Las Vegas round. The 48 who made that cut will start competing in live telecasts beginning July 2.

Whatever the Las Vegas outcome was for Poe, it wasn't affected by questions over his war record that arose this week. The refusal by NBC and others to say whether he's still a contender allows the drama surrounding him to be milked for a while longer - a potential boon for the top-ranked network series that drew 11.5 million viewers last week.


http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/San-Antonio-singer-on-Americas-Got-Talent-in-a/0olC3KUQ0EGOBvL6P-efAA.cspx


I don't think there is any controversy at NBC. He has been vetted and his fate has already been decided. Let the drama continue - NBC loves it.
post #109 of 446
Based on his 1 song i doubt he's in the final 48. his story got people behind him but i didn't think he was that great a singer.
post #110 of 446
Mmm, why lie on National TV he was injured on the war, presenting his DD 214 should be enough proof..

I was picturing him as a finalist.. I guess we'll have to wait for that..
post #111 of 446
Some guys from his unit are coming out now and saying he's full of it. he got discharged for an ear infection. What a piece of crap he is.

http://www.agtnews.com/controversy-soldiers-say-war-hero-tim-poe-is-a-fraud
post #112 of 446
How did the mind reader pull that off so perfectly? It was dead on accurate, I don't understand how he did it unless he has an earpiece in. Otherwise, I don't see how it is possible.
post #113 of 446
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

How did the mind reader pull that off so perfectly? It was dead on accurate, I don't understand how he did it unless he has an earpiece in. Otherwise, I don't see how it is possible.

These mind readers have been around for a long long time .. and he was pretty good .. the large names on the papers as well as the drawings allowed his assistant in the audience to feed him the info .. in the old days, it was done using a spoken code .. now, I'm sure it's an earpiece .. none the less, it was still pulled off pretty well ..
post #114 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

These mind readers have been around for a long long time .. and he was pretty good .. the large names on the papers as well as the drawings allowed his assistant in the audience to feed him the info .. in the old days, it was done using a spoken code .. now, I'm sure it's an earpiece .. none the less, it was still pulled off pretty well ..
Howard talked briefly about this on his show this week, he said there was no plant in the audience, the guy did it in a room with just the judges at some time.
He said he does know how he does it, but wouldn't say on air.
post #115 of 446
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post

Howard talked briefly about this on his show this week, he said there was no plant in the audience, the guy did it in a room with just the judges at some time.
He said he does know how he does it, but wouldn't say on air.

I thought he said the guy did it in a room for the producers and they told Howard there was no shill when they saw the act ..

One thing we know, the dude is not actually reading minds .. if he was the one person on Earth that could do that, he would have no need to be on AGT .. wink.gif
post #116 of 446
I thought the trick is in the paper, he gave them special paper, which, I think can be read by hands with those special pens they will leave a bulge for easy reading.. remember he HAD to feel them first..
post #117 of 446
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I thought the trick is in the paper, he gave them special paper, which, I think can be read by hands with those special pens they will leave a bulge for easy reading.. remember he HAD to feel them first..

The markers the judges had looked to me like standard Sharpie markers .. if anyone has a link to this special paper, I'd like to know .. I've been a fan of magic tricks since I was a kid and never heard of this paper ..
post #118 of 446
I’m thinking the markers were fluorescent or something very similar. The tape and mask were both black, and probably made just for this trick, and with the correct ‘marker’ he could see what was on the paper. My idea is inspired by the time when black lights were popular. smile.gif The coins would have been special coins.
post #119 of 446
We should ask the "masked magician" LOL
post #120 of 446
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

We should ask the "masked magician" LOL

Yeah, where is he when you need him .. ??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › America's Got Talent Season 7 May 14th, 2012