or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › DVD Recorders (Standard Def) › what shows on OTA do you record regulary
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

what shows on OTA do you record regulary - Page 4

post #91 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB49 View Post

METV--Winter line up change.

M-F
8pm Bewitched
8:30pm I Dream oj Jeannie

Sat.
6&6:30am The Green Hornet

Sunday
2am Peter Gunn
2:30am Mr.Lucky
3am Route 66
4am The Saint
**Note Sunday is actually monday early am.This is the way metv list's it.
They are a 24 hour channel.That sunday am listing will only be shown 1 time per week.

Remington Steele didn't stay around very long.

More info
www.metvnetwork.com

Mark
smile.gif

12-31-2012 is the date given for new line-up.

The Saint! I have been waiting for that to show up somewhere. Thanks for the head's up! biggrin.gif

Last weekend, Antenna TV showed the last episode of "It Takes a Thief. They then rotated back to the begining, but for some reason, never showed the pilot episode. frown.gif
post #92 of 141
Luke

A few months back METV Sunday Showcase had the 1st 4 episodes of
Ironside.
Bought mom the 1st volume of the first year.She got to see the Pilot!!
METV didn't show it.
Go figure

Mark
smile.gif
post #93 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB49 View Post

Luke

A few months back METV Sunday Showcase had the 1st 4 episodes of
Ironside.
Bought mom the 1st volume of the first year.She got to see the Pilot!!
METV didn't show it.
Go figure

Mark
smile.gif

I know EXACTLY what you mean. AntennaTV has been showing It Takes a Thief, and last weekend, they showed the last episode, and then rotated back to the beginning, but they skipped the first episode (the pilot I'd guess). Not a big loss considering I now have all but four or five episodes, which should be shown in the next few weeks, but it IS somewhat annoying.
post #94 of 141
Luke
Did you get All the"It takes a Thief" eps.on your magnavox HD?
Edit any of them?
post #95 of 141
OP I do not record anything - my LG VCR is broken..
I want to be able to record "the big picture " with Thom Hartmann on RT and Democracy Now, Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I just hope and pray that buying a Magnavox 53X will be allow me to do it

Off Topic.. If I buy over the internet from Walmart, can I return the unit to a local Walmart store if arrives at my door DOA without restocking fee?
post #96 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB49 View Post

Luke
Did you get All the"It takes a Thief" eps.on your magnavox HD?
Edit any of them?

Well, yes and no. I have used my Magnavox as a sort of TIVO and recorded all of the episodes of It Takes a Thief, but I copied them into one of my Panasonic DVD recorders to edit and save them onto optical media. Amazingly, I found the first episode on YouTube and used a VGA to video converter to record it, so yes, I now have them all. I could not have done it without the Magnavox as I needed its tuner to initially record the show. I used the highest quality setting On the Magnavox, and the picture looked very good. Well, it wasn't the Magnavox, or the Panasonic that was responsibiel for any poor picture qualiy. The show is old and the prints used were not first rate because they looked pretty much the same on the live TV as on the finished DVD.

It didn't age particularly well as the writing was no where near as good as I remenbered it! biggrin.gif I guess times have changed a bit. It just looks dated. The stories and writing on shows like The Wild Wild West have held up better.
post #97 of 141
I got
The New adventures of Superman
Earlier this year--1966 Cartoon--They still call it that-Cartoon.

The opening sequence is pretty rough.
When the story opens it looks much better.
Warner Bros.won the suit sort of---They use to show an ep.of superboy--Not!!

Only superman.At the ending credits Bud Collyer gets credit for the voice of superman
Bob Hastings for superboy even though its not included in the set.(DVD)

It takes a Thief was a really good series.
When i saw the special features and a whole team of techs remastering Star trek you would
hope they could do it for ALL these old shows.It must take alot of $$$$$$ that is the problem.

Mark
post #98 of 141
So far I have

Nature
Nova
Life on Fire
Frontline
POV
Victory Garden
Cook's Country from Americas Test Kitchen
BBC World News
Charlie Rose
American Experience

Sunday Morning
Grimm
Once Upon a Time
Beauty & the Beast
Fringe
CSI
Vegas
Blue Bloods

and will add Revolution
post #99 of 141
And a new channel just appered in the LA area. It is 4-2, and it's called COSI-TV and is filled with nice old TV series. My cup runneth over! biggrin.gif A bit too much of a good thing.
post #100 of 141
Luke
According to zap2it.com

Sunday 1-6-2012 on METV
4 episodes of The Saint 3pm-7pm.

Mark
smile.gif
post #101 of 141
Downton Abbey starts up again with the Season 3 opener on 1/6/13.
Hopefully PBS will broadcast in wide-screen HD/5.1. My daughter bought the first two seasons on DVD. It would be nice to be able to collect season 3 as HD/5.1 and burn it to BD-R.
post #102 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB49 View Post

Luke
According to zap2it.com

Sunday 1-6-2012 on METV
4 episodes of The Saint 3pm-7pm.

Mark
smile.gif

YES! My DirecTV scheduler has caught them! It also has caught 18 hours of the show 24 on tomorrow, 18 hours of 24 on Sun, and 12 hours on Mon. EEK!

While I record Downton Abbey, it has shuch short seasons, I don't call it a REGULAR recording.
post #103 of 141
sorry
that should have been

1-6-2013
for the saint on METV.

DTV keeps trying to get me to come back.They were even throwing in a free year of the
NFL Sunday Ticket for awhile LOL {That was before the national offer}

Never have liked PAYING for tv,except on my terms.
I think since 1970 i've had cable 3 times Directv 1 time.

Mark
cool.gif
post #104 of 141
Unfortunately, where I am OTA is not practical. We get 3 OTA channels which is hardly worth me spending money on a good outdoor antenna system. The transmitter is within 17 km. Of my house anyway so homebuilt indoor antennas get a good picture. I have been recording a lot of TCM movies over the past 2 years but my viewing regular and old series has dropped off tremendously. There are some old series like It Takes A Thief I would love to record but they are unavailable. There are of course many DVD releases but they are slow to release them a year or half year at a time. Just too much waiting. Oh well, still a lot of stuff to catch up on.
post #105 of 141
Antennatv

Wed.1-9-2013
2:30am Fail safe 2 1/2 hour running time.
5am Dr.Strangelove or...... 2 hour running time.
9am The Anderson tapes 2 hour running time

Friday 1-11-2013
5 am The Anderson Tapes
7am Dr.Strangelove
9am Fail Safe

Sat.1-12-2013
7:30 pm Fail Safe
10pm Dr.Strangelove
12 am The Anderson Tapes



Mark
smile.gif
post #106 of 141
ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS on Antenna TV. That show is awesome and is way better than The Twilight Zone. Every episode puts me at the edge of my seat!!
post #107 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post

ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS on Antenna TV. That show is awesome and is way better than The Twilight Zone. Every episode puts me at the edge of my seat!!
I agree, both are great. Luckily I have all the seasons of both series, purchased on DVD a few years ago. Great quality and no station bugs/Wx interruptions or editing, I thought it was worth it for such great programs.
What I like about both programs is the occasional celebrity(before they were really celebs) sitings, kind of cool to see them when they were first starting out smile.gif I really like AntennaTV, luckily Hubbard in my market carries Antenna, Me and This channels which all play classic TV and movies. I'd like RetroTV also but so far not in my market.
post #108 of 141
Austin City Limits on PBS.They have some great HD concerts.
post #109 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

I agree, both are great. Luckily I have all the seasons of both series, purchased on DVD a few years ago. Great quality and no station bugs/Wx interruptions or editing, I thought it was worth it for such great programs.
What I like about both programs is the occasional celebrity(before they were really celebs) sitings, kind of cool to see them when they were first starting out smile.gif I really like AntennaTV, luckily Hubbard in my market carries Antenna, Me and This channels which all play classic TV and movies. I'd like RetroTV also but so far not in my market.

How did you get all seasons of ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS? They still have two more seasons to release on DVD.
post #110 of 141
www.dvdpricesearch.com

Dvd price search has been pretty accurate over the years.Put Alfred Hitchcock in the search
box.You'll see some of the prices are "Gone".Probably being remasterd or re packaged.

Remember

"Where's Major Kong" will be on later tonight.

Fail Safe comes on 1st. Both on antennatv.

So far No Pop-Up ads on antennatv.A Clear Screen.

Mark
smile.gif
post #111 of 141
For classic (read:old) movies, Antenna is hard to beat.
THIS, Bounce, and the new Cozi have good selection also.
All show old TV series, though I am not as into them.
Check out http://tvlistings.zap2it.com for listings in your area.
post #112 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post

How did you get all seasons of ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS? They still have two more seasons to release on DVD.
You are right, I guess I have some more collecting to do.... I only have seasons 1-4(20 DVDs) which at the time was all that was available, didn't realize their were so many more....looks like I've got some more collecting to do biggrin.gif
AFA TZ I have all 5 seasons + the second revival.
post #113 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

You are right, I guess I have some more collecting to do.... I only have seasons 1-4(20 DVDs) which at the time was all that was available, didn't realize their were so many more....looks like I've got some more collecting to do biggrin.gif
AFA TZ I have all 5 seasons + the second revival.

Yeah, I only have Seasons 1-3. Seasons 4 and 5 are out, but I still haven't gotten around to buying them yet. I just got lazy due to Universal's sloooowwww pace in releasing these seasons. I heard that Season 6 is coming out soon. There are a total of 7 seasons, not including The Alfred Hitchock Hour, which ran for an additional three seasons.
post #114 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

You are right, I guess I have some more collecting to do.... I only have seasons 1-4(20 DVDs) which at the time was all that was available, didn't realize their were so many more....looks like I've got some more collecting to do biggrin.gif
Well I just placed an order for season 5 biggrin.gif
According to Amazon it was just released Jan. 3 '12 so it should be hot off the press, $29.93 tax free w/free shipping. cool.gif
http://www.amazon.com/Alfred-Hitchcock-Presents-Season-Five/dp/B005UL4NF2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357758133&sr=8-2&keywords=Alfred+Hitchcock+presents+dvd
post #115 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

Well I just placed an order for season 5 biggrin.gif
According to Amazon it was just released Jan. 3 '12 so it should be hot off the press, $29.93 tax free w/free shipping. cool.gif
http://www.amazon.com/Alfred-Hitchcock-Presents-Season-Five/dp/B005UL4NF2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357758133&sr=8-2&keywords=Alfred+Hitchcock+presents+dvd

Yeah, but it's January 2013 now, which means that Season 5 was released a little over a year ago. Universal is extremely slow in releasing these seasons.
post #116 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post

Yeah, but it's January 2013 now, which means that Season 5 was released a little over a year ago. Universal is extremely slow in releasing these seasons.
eek.gif thats right, it's Jan '13, always takes me a month or so to straighten it out redface.gif
Season 6 might be just around the corner.....
post #117 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

eek.gif thats right, it's Jan '13, always takes me a month or so to straighten it out redface.gif
Season 6 might be just around the corner.....

It's definitely coming. On the Blu-ray set that recently came out, there is a flyer inside stating that Season 6 is coming out soon. There is no set date yet, but it's good to hear that Universal is working on it. As for Season 7, that may be a while..... possibly another year or so....
post #118 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post

It's definitely coming. On the Blu-ray set that recently came out, there is a flyer inside stating that Season 6 is coming out soon..
I see TZ is on BD but are you saying you've seen A.H.P on BD? I don't see it on Amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/The-Twilight-Zone-Complete-Blu-ray/dp/B007I8KXQ8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357760937&sr=8-2&keywords=alfred+hitchcock+presents+blu+ray
As much as I like the potential picture quality of BD for something as old as these sets I'd stick with DVD, if nothing else to save the aggravation playing the BD format which lacks so many DVD features it isn't funny.
post #119 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

I see TZ is on BD but are you saying you've seen A.H.P on BD? I don't see it on Amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/The-Twilight-Zone-Complete-Blu-ray/dp/B007I8KXQ8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357760937&sr=8-2&keywords=alfred+hitchcock+presents+blu+ray
As much as I like the potential picture quality of BD for something as old as these sets I'd stick with DVD, if nothing else to save the aggravation playing the BD format which lacks so many DVD features it isn't funny.

No, I'm talking about The Masterpiece Collection, which contains his movies such as Vertigo, Psycho, The Birds, etc.... A set with 15 movies came out on Blu-ray a few months ago. TVShowsOnDVD.com said there is a flyer there advertising the 5 seasons on DVD and it mentions that Season 6 is "coming soon."

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Alfred-Hitchcock-Presents-Season-6/17674
post #120 of 141
www.antennatv.tv

movies
3-4-2013@ 9am the Wild One-Brando
also 3-6@ 3am and 3-10 @ 7am

Marooned
3-8-2013 @ 9am 3Hr.
3-10 @ 12am listed at 4hr

3-10-13 is a sunday maybe a "Spring Foward" date.

Mark
smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: DVD Recorders (Standard Def)
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › DVD Recorders (Standard Def) › what shows on OTA do you record regulary