or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic VT50 Deals - Page 54

post #1591 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

I don't mean to suggest that Best Buy is 100% consistent in this. With nearly 1100 stores, that would be an unfair expectation. I just don't think that the terms "arbitrary" and "capricious" are accurate, or fair, descriptions either.

Understood. I don't think indivdiuals are being "arbitrary or capricious", but when observed as a chain the inconsistency is quite apparent. I think we are in agreement. 1100 stores is a lot to manage into 100% compliance. And without saying any more, lets just say I have a vested interest in the success of BBY, Inc.
post #1592 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

I don't mean to suggest that Best Buy is 100% consistent in this. With nearly 1100 stores, that would be an unfair expectation. I just don't think that the terms "arbitrary" and "capricious" are accurate, or fair, descriptions either.
Fair enough. I retract my description of capricious and I apologize if I offended you. But I don't think arbitrary is truly off base. Best Buy has a low price guarantee policy that they've published for the world to see and listed 20 online retailers whose price they will match. But individual store employees have been willing to price match retailers not on that list. The policy is being implemented inconsistently, and my gut tells me that it's because stores have been given more latitude to price match than the written policy defines and not because some are doing it on a whim. Some store employees are willing to take the latitude and some are not. I have to doubt that any BB employee is potentially putting his or her job on the line to save some random schmoe some money.
post #1593 of 2673
Buytvtoday.com price now down to $2425 for the 65VT50. Would be interested to learn if anyone gets this PM'd as it's now approaching the retailers supposed cost.
post #1594 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIII View Post

Buytvtoday.com price now down to $2425 for the 65VT50. Would be interested to learn if anyone gets this PM'd as it's now approaching the retailers supposed cost.

Do I dare call my BBY back and ask for further reduction on my $2599 PM? Nah...I'm happy that they matched for me.
post #1595 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielrhall View Post

Fair enough. I retract my description of capricious and I apologize if I offended you. But I don't think arbitrary is truly off base. Best Buy has a low price guarantee policy that they've published for the world to see and listed 20 online retailers whose price they will match. But individual store employees have been willing to price match retailers not on that list. The policy is being implemented inconsistently, and my gut tells me that it's because stores have been given more latitude to price match than the written policy defines and not because some are doing it on a whim. Some store employees are willing to take the latitude and some are not. I have to doubt that any BB employee is potentially putting his or her job on the line to save some random schmoe some money.

Wasn't offended. Just thought it was a mischaracterization of what was going on.
post #1596 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielrhall View Post

Fair enough. I retract my description of capricious and I apologize if I offended you. But I don't think arbitrary is truly off base. Best Buy has a low price guarantee policy that they've published for the world to see and listed 20 online retailers whose price they will match. But individual store employees have been willing to price match retailers not on that list. The policy is being implemented inconsistently, and my gut tells me that it's because stores have been given more latitude to price match than the written policy defines and not because some are doing it on a whim. Some store employees are willing to take the latitude and some are not. I have to doubt that any BB employee is potentially putting his or her job on the line to save some random schmoe some money.

As someone who has been very frustrated with BB, I think this is a very accurate description of how people feel.
post #1597 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged68 View Post

As someone who has been very frustrated with BB, I think this is a very accurate description of how people feel.

So your opinion is that your overall experience would be better if they stuck to that list and just flat out said no to anything outside the policy? Not trying to be confrontational here. Just trying to gain some insight. Currently BBY is honoring their price match guarantee 100%, but some people are getting them to make exceptions for competitors outside the policy. Would people prefer that no exceptions are allowed, period?
post #1598 of 2673
post #1599 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

So your opinion is that your overall experience would be better if they stuck to that list and just flat out said no to anything outside the policy? Not trying to be confrontational here. Just trying to gain some insight. Currently BBY is honoring their price match guarantee 100%, but some people are getting them to make exceptions for competitors outside the policy. Would people prefer that no exceptions are allowed, period?

It's hard to say which is better for PR.

Exceptions make people who get them happier. But lead to irate customers when a friend, fellow forum poster etc. reports getting a price match exception and they get turned down when they try for the same.

I'd lean toward saying just having clear policies and sticking to them are generally best as then at least people know what to expect. But if that's done, said policies need to be readily distributed (i.e. give a flyer about the price match guarantee to people who buy TVs that lists the store, have a clear list of price match eligible stores at a prominent link on the website for people who haven't bought yet etc.
post #1600 of 2673
ddgl,

It seems the price is only available over the phone.
post #1601 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by amansuman View Post

ddgl,
It seems the price is only available over the phone.

That is correct, or in store (according to the ad). I took the ad to best buy, and they matched it- no questions asked.
post #1602 of 2673
Wanted to thank this forum for the information as well as post my success story.

Just got BB in Augusta, GA to PM Buy TV Today price of 2425 on 65VT50 as well as the PM of the 30$ sears sale price on 4 sets of 3d glasses. Good luck all this is one stunning TV!
post #1603 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIII View Post

Buytvtoday.com price now down to $2425 for the 65VT50. Would be interested to learn if anyone gets this PM'd as it's now approaching the retailers supposed cost.
Thanks for the heads up. Back to Best Buy (two evenings in a row)...$50 more back in my pocket last night. TV arrives Friday.
post #1604 of 2673
Just got back from best buy and they priced match Adorama for the 65vt50 @ $2399 smile.gif
So happy in and out in 15 minutes...
I need link for Glasses for price match if anyone has it handy.
post #1605 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisservice View Post

Just got back from best buy and they priced match Adorama for the 65vt50 @ $2399 smile.gif
So happy in and out in 15 minutes...
I need link for Glasses for price match if anyone has it handy.

Here you go:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05726893000P?sid=IDx20070921x00003d&srccode=cii_13736960&cpncode=32-207651091-2
post #1606 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisservice View Post

Just got back from best buy and they priced match Adorama for the 65vt50 @ $2399 smile.gif
So happy in and out in 15 minutes...
I need link for Glasses for price match if anyone has it handy.

Do you have an Adorama locally, or did Best Buy price match regardless of location?
post #1607 of 2673
I just looked at the Adorama site and it shows the 65VT50 as $3298. Am I missing something? I was hoping to see a good deal on the 55".


The best prices for the 55" I've seen so far:
ibuysonline - $1578 (with $10 coupon)
alltimetvs - $1582

I'm going to go to BB tonight and see if they'll PM one of those - if not I'm buying online soon.
Edited by Harbor28 - 1/9/13 at 10:50am
post #1608 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisservice View Post

Just got back from best buy and they priced match Adorama for the 65vt50 @ $2399 smile.gif
So happy in and out in 15 minutes...
I need link for Glasses for price match if anyone has it handy.

Best Buy has them on their site for $19.99. I could only order one at a time, so I made two separate orders and picked up at the same BB store.

Follow up: oops, it was Samsung glasses that i got, not Panasonic. Looks like i will have to return my Samsungs and try PM for Pannies.
Edited by karlusmagnus - 1/9/13 at 12:43pm
post #1609 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor28 View Post

I just looked at the Adorama site and it shows the 65VT50 as $3298. Am I missing something? I was hoping to see a good deal on the 55".
The best prices for the 55" I've seen so far:
ibuysonline - $1578 (with $10 coupon)
alltimetvs - $1582
I'm going to go to BB tonight and see if they'll PM one of those - if not I'm buying online soon.

Are you really going to buy from one of the above listed sites?
post #1610 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Are you really going to buy from one of the above listed sites?

I honestly haven't looked into those sites for reviews. I've just been looking for best prices on a 55". If your are trying to steer me away from those sites because of bad customer service I appreciate your warning.
post #1611 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor28 View Post

I honestly haven't looked into those sites for reviews. I've just been looking for best prices on a 55". If your are trying to steer me away from those sites because of bad customer service I appreciate your warning.

Not trying to steer you away, just haven't heard of anyone trying to purchase from them. The general consensus has been that they are illegitimate businesses though.
post #1612 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlusmagnus View Post

Best Buy has them on their site for $19.99. I could only order one at a time, so I made two separate orders and picked up at the same BB store.

Can you point to a link?
post #1613 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Not trying to steer you away, just haven't heard of anyone trying to purchase from them. The general consensus has been that they are illegitimate businesses though.

Thanks - I'll be sure to do some research.
post #1614 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by milalic View Post

Can you point to a link?

I believe he is referencing the samsung glasses, not the panasonic ones.
post #1615 of 2673
Yes, my bad. edited original post to reflect this.
post #1616 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgdl View Post

I believe he is referencing the samsung glasses, not the panasonic ones.
Are they good with the VT50?
post #1617 of 2673

Is this deal only for the NY folks or will they also ship at this price?
Has anyone ever ordered from adorama before and if so what was your experience with them
post #1618 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by milalic View Post

Are they good with the VT50?

We know they work, but most folks have said the Panasonics are more comfortable and slightly better functionally. I used to have a 3D Samsung and the Panny glasses are just a better design.
post #1619 of 2673
Ok, got my 65VT50 delivered today from Paul's. The TV is fantastic... the white glove service is (at least my crew in Houston) not.
Communication with me was very poor... I had to call after I got advised by email that the TV was in town... they set up a 4 hour window and after waiting for 2 hours, I did call back to find out that the delivery time was changed... ( no missed call on my phone or other ) and the lady there was laying flat out.
The crew was eager to leave (they didn't) even without me having the TV inspected... I had to specify it. and they stained my carpet because was raining and they didn't have shoes "covers".... more than white glove was muddy glove delivery. mad.gif
post #1620 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataru074 View Post

Ok, got my 65VT50 delivered today from Paul's. The TV is fantastic... the white glove service is (at least my crew in Houston) not.
Communication with me was very poor... I had to call after I got advised by email that the TV was in town... they set up a 4 hour window and after waiting for 2 hours, I did call back to find out that the delivery time was changed... ( no missed call on my phone or other ) and the lady there was laying flat out.
The crew was eager to leave (they didn't) even without me having the TV inspected... I had to specify it. and they stained my carpet because was raining and they didn't have shoes "covers".... more than white glove was muddy glove delivery. mad.gif

Sorry to hear that. Delivery crews are hit or miss and it sounds like you got a bad one. Hope the quality of the TV makes up for it! Let us know what you think.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home