Originally Posted by Sonyboy
After tax, they are pretty much a wash. When I talked to bestbuy they said that the 2199 runs through may 12. I wonder will it go back up to the 2499. Are you looking at getting the 55? I have a krp 500m in the living room and as much as I want to go up in size, the pq is so good, it makes it really hard to pull the trigger.
I currently have a calibrated 55" VT30 and am not 'actively' looking to replace it but if I can find a VT50 for a decent price I might bite...if I had a 500M I would keep it...I don't think the VT50 is better...I would wait for the upcoming OLED's or the 2nd generation Sharp Elite's
but if you're looking for a 'bigger' TV then maybe the 65" VT50 would be a good choice...still would be a tough choice for me though