or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic VT50 Deals - Page 21

post #601 of 2673
They definitely seem like a huge hit or miss. A lot of complaints on people getting charged more than told, or being told they won't receive their item until they pay more, like the 2% only comes off if you pay by check or cash it sounds like, although that's not mentioned on the site as i've read. A few people being told they have to pay more for upgraded delivery, or they wont get their item. Others were waiting a few weeks to over a month without any notification or email replies on why there's a delay.

I think i'll hold off of ECTV for now and look for somewhere else. As i grow more desperate, i may be willing to risk it later, but not now. Thanks for the warning!
post #602 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by maygit View Post


I PM'd Cleveland Plasma last night about it. It says "call in for the best price!" on their website so i asked if there was a better deal available (even though i technically didn't call in). Awaiting a reply back ATM. IDK if i'll hear anything today though, as it's labor day and they may not be open. The option to have ChadB calibrate it would be nice, but i think i'd still rather buy my own equipment. If the price is right, i'd have him do it. He'd do a better job anyway.Strongly considering East Coast TV at the moment. Thanks!

Just a note about calibration. It should be done in the room and under the conditions that you are going to watch the TV.
post #603 of 2673
Ya, i know. That's also why i would like to get my own equipment, but I trust ChadB. He does an excellent job calibrating, and from what i've read at cleveland they'll ask you what your lights are like and i think ask for a picture of the room during the daytime so they can calibrate gamma as close as possible for the lighting of the room. Then you'll also get a nighttime calibrated mode as well.
post #604 of 2673
I tried to order a 65" last night from East Coast TV's. I got a call today that they could not honor the 2% discount on a CC, only wire transfer or money order. They also told me this is a discontinued model and that the GT series was the same TV except it came pre-calibrated. If I wanted the VT it was going to be a long wait. I requested they cancel my order. Price was $2892.96 shipped with 2% code ($2952.00 w/o code).
post #605 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by sap727 View Post

I tried to order a 65" last night from East Coast TV's. I got a call today that they could not honor the 2% discount on a CC, only wire transfer or money order. They also told me this is a discontinued model and that the GT series was the same TV except it came pre-calibrated. If I wanted the VT it was going to be a long wait. I requested they cancel my order. Price was $2892.96 shipped with 2% code ($2952.00 w/o code).
Yep, that's exactly what ive been reading.
post #606 of 2673
It's not the best price, but if you need financing 0% for 36 months on a Sears Card/MasterCard. Or 5% additional off with the Sears Card/MasterCard instead of the financing.
Sears has the 65VT50 for $3414.97 and free basic delivery. Of course there's the Sales Tax to add on as well.
post #607 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttinLV View Post

It's not the best price, but if you need financing 0% for 36 months on a Sears Card/MasterCard. Or 5% additional off with the Sears Card/MasterCard instead of the financing.
Sears has the 65VT50 for $3414.97 and free basic delivery. Of course there's the Sales Tax to add on as well.

Lol, ya, i know. I work there. Even with my discount and the 5%, I'd be stil spending $2920 before tax and $3095 after the 6% online tax. Not a bad deal, but i've seen it a lot cheaper. About two months ago sears had it for $2999.99 and I would've bought it then, but i didn't have the money for it. Now I do, and was kind of hoping it would hit at least $3099, this way with my discounts it'd be right at that $2800 price point i'm looking to spend. Unfortunately, it's been hovering damn right near MSRP most of the time, with a few random times where the price is that same as amazons for a few hours. I've never seen a product with worse sale prices over time. Typically the sales slowly get better. With the VT50 at amazon, BB, and Sears, they have progressively gotten worse. Really frustrating as i was expecting to see another price from them near $3k by now.
post #608 of 2673
I think the vt30 had a price drop in october, maybe the same will happen for the vt50.
post #609 of 2673
I think you're right, IIRC from price trackers on the vt30. According to AVJ, it looks like sears will be dropping the vt50 since it's not selling well enough and other companies could use the inventory. So here's to hoping the price will drop to clear it out...
post #610 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by maygit View Post

I think you're right, IIRC from price trackers on the vt30. According to AVJ, it looks like sears will be dropping the vt50 since it's not selling well enough and other companies could use the inventory. So here's to hoping the price will drop to clear it out...

Yes I am waiting for the $2500-$2700 range.

On another note, it looks like you can get the 65VT30 at a pretty cheap price of $2197. I couldn't buy one of those knowing how much better the VT50 is though.
post #611 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac13 View Post

Yes I am waiting for the $2500-$2700 range.

I'm hoping for that price range also. Hopefully it will get there before stock runs out.
post #612 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post

I'm hoping for that price range also. Hopefully it will get there before stock runs out.

I wouldn't think stock would run out. The VT30 is still being sold. I contacted Electronics Expo and they still don't have any in and said they should be getting some in a week or two. I asked the guy why it seemed like they never had any and he said that Panasonic has just been sending them a few every month. Seems really odd...
post #613 of 2673
I think mnc was referring to sears, before they run out of stock. As for the vt30, Panasonic is probably still saving some at factory for warranty exchanges and as warranties are running out, panasonic is shipping the extras out for sale. Why do u think some people are still coming across kuros still brand new in the box? According to i believe d-nice, Pioneer is doing the same thing (although i think they're 99.9% out by now).
post #614 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by maygit View Post

I think mnc was referring to sears, before they run out of stock. As for the vt30, Panasonic is probably still saving some at factory for warranty exchanges and as warranties are running out, panasonic is shipping the extras out for sale. Why do u think some people are still coming across kuros still brand new in the box? According to i believe d-nice, Pioneer is doing the same thing (although i think they're 99.9% out by now).

Pioneer/Panasonic keeping some for themselves for warranty purposes is completely different then what I was referring to. Places like Amazon are still selling the VT30. You can't tell me that they had THAT MUCH extra stock that they are still selling those 6 months after the release of the new model.
post #615 of 2673
It's probably mentioned somewhere in the huge dedicated VT50 thread but when is Panasonic expected to release their new line of VT(70?) plasmas? Fall of this year possibly or sometime next year?
post #616 of 2673
Did the VT series just see a huge price jump?

I purchased a 55VT50 from Best Buy on Sunday. Best price I could find online was $1900 for the 55" and $2900 for the 65". Best Buy did a price search and gave me the 55" for about $1775 so I was very happy. Delivery is Thursday. Today I dropped by to look at the 65" again because I don't want to suffer buyer's remorse. There was a 55" directly above the 65", the size difference was significant, and I decided to ask for a price on the 65". Based on Sunday's experience I was expecting it to come in at $2775 or so. Instead: $3100 (or was it $3199? I forget.). I reluctantly had to pass and will stick with the 55". Now I just checked Amazon, and the 65" has gone up $500 since the weekend, and the 55" about $300.

Anyone else seeing this?
post #617 of 2673
One place where a person can learn a lot about a company is BBB. On many web sites, some company choose to fluff there reviews, not on BBB >>> http://www.bbb.org/us/bbb-accredited-businesses/
post #618 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrygeary View Post

Did the VT series just see a huge price jump?
I purchased a 55VT50 from Best Buy on Sunday. Best price I could find online was $1900 for the 55" and $2900 for the 65". Best Buy did a price search and gave me the 55" for about $1775 so I was very happy. Delivery is Thursday. Today I dropped by to look at the 65" again because I don't want to suffer buyer's remorse. There was a 55" directly above the 65", the size difference was significant, and I decided to ask for a price on the 65". Based on Sunday's experience I was expecting it to come in at $2775 or so. Instead: $3100 (or was it $3199? I forget.). I reluctantly had to pass and will stick with the 55". Now I just checked Amazon, and the 65" has gone up $500 since the weekend, and the 55" about $300.
Anyone else seeing this?

Yeah from some reason the Panasonics, even though they're not price protected, fluctuate on amazon and sites of that kind.

My best advice is to just get it at best buy and price match it as many times as you can in that 30 days. They don't have a limit on the amount of times you can do that like most places.

I've got a guy that comes in just about every day to check the price on the 55 I sold him. I've never seen it below the price you got it for so good job.

Although, that's still a couple hundred higher than my employee price is. But hey, if you're looking for a part time job with a sweet discount, it's worth it. God knows I've taken advantage of it.
post #619 of 2673
I am puzzled that the prospective buyers who posted recently didn't read prior postings on this thread.

If they have, they would have found that I got my 65vt50 in late August for $2,550 price matched at BB (thanks to Electronics Expo, who were offering that price at that time although with a back-order).

In case Electronics Expo is still carring that price, I recommend the buyers to take a print out of it and discuss it with your local BB. That's the least you could do if you want to save some bucks.

Good luck!
post #620 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCPatsfan View Post

I am puzzled that the prospective buyers who posted recently didn't read prior postings on this thread.
If they have, they would have found that I got my 65vt50 in late August for $2,550 price matched at BB (thanks to Electronics Expo, who were offering that price at that time although with a back-order).
In case Electronics Expo is still carring that price, I recommend the buyers to take a print out of it and discuss it with your local BB. That's the least you could do if you want to save some bucks.
Good luck!

What did you say your total out the door price was?
post #621 of 2673
What price is everyone getting quoted from Electronic Expo's site? I have had them email me their best price so many times and the price has gone up that I wonder if they are increasing it because I have requested a price so many times lol. Also when I chatted with one of the representatives there he could tell what price I had been emailed and how many times..
post #622 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by maygit View Post

I think mnc was referring to sears, before they run out of stock. As for the vt30, Panasonic is probably still saving some at factory for warranty exchanges and as warranties are running out, panasonic is shipping the extras out for sale. Why do u think some people are still coming across kuros still brand new in the box? According to i believe d-nice, Pioneer is doing the same thing (although i think they're 99.9% out by now).

Actually I was referring to the supposedly lower production quantity compared to last year. I've heard not to expect a lot of available stock towards the end of production which is typically when the best deals can be found. Not to mention, I don't want to wait so long that I chance getting a "B" stock or one that has been returned for some reason. If I end up in that situation I will probably wait until next years' models.
post #623 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post

Actually I was referring to the supposedly lower production quantity compared to last year. I've heard not to expect a lot of available stock towards the end of production which is typically when the best deals can be found. Not to mention, I don't want to wait so long that I chance getting a "B" stock or one that has been returned for some reason. If I end up in that situation I will probably wait until next years' models.

Has it been confirmed that there is lower stock and production this year? If that is true, I wonder why...
post #624 of 2673
Can someone that has access to Panasonic EPP pricing give me the latest price on there? I am wondering if it has dropped at all or what that price is since other store's prices have remained high.
post #625 of 2673
The Panasonic insider from the other forum stated that production volume will be lower this year. With TV sales slowing, it makes sense to cut production. That way they aren't left with a lot of stock when they are ready to start releasing the next years' models. He also said not to expect as low of prices as last year. I guess we will see.
post #626 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCPatsfan View Post

I am puzzled that the prospective buyers who posted recently didn't read prior postings on this thread.
If they have, they would have found that I got my 65vt50 in late August for $2,550 price matched at BB (thanks to Electronics Expo, who were offering that price at that time although with a back-order).
In case Electronics Expo is still carring that price, I recommend the buyers to take a print out of it and discuss it with your local BB. That's the least you could do if you want to save some bucks.
Good luck!

Thanks for the tip. EE is currently out of stock on the 65" Vt50, but i still emailed them for the price anyway. However, do you live in NJ/NY or anywhere somewhat close to the EE stores? I have a strong feeling that my local best buy or if i drove to a magnolia, would laugh at me if i tried to get a price match from a place that far away.
post #627 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtrader View Post

Thanks for the info, I ordered from Electronics-Expo, $2762 delivered. TV is expected to be back in stock in about a week, and then another week to deliver it.
I tried to price-match with Amazon on June 29th, and it was a no-go. Amazon rep couldn't go to EE checkout page and wanted to put the price match in research mode to be completed by Monday. Then he also told me if EE runs out of stock he couldn't adjust the price. This is just too much of hassle for me. EE delivery is fully insured, so any damage is addressed within 5 days. Then defective items can be returned for refund (not just replacement) within 14 days.

Finally Expo got it back in stock and offered to deliver on 8/21. Delivery by Manna services was alright. It was threshold service only, had to tip them to take the TV out and place on entertainment center. PQ is looking awesome out of the box! Will attempt calibration after break-in.
post #628 of 2673
Just got mine from BB with price match at $2762.88, will be delivered on Friday. BTW, I also get Geek Squad TV Calibration ($250 value).
post #629 of 2673
Who did you price match?
post #630 of 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by mubai View Post

Just got mine from BB with price match at $2762.88, will be delivered on Friday. BTW, I also get Geek Squad TV Calibration ($250 value).

You mean because you're Rewardzone Silver right?

I tell everyone I sell that TV to get it calibrated for free after you become Rewardzone Silver 30 days after purchase.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home