or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals! › Any GT50 deals out there?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any GT50 deals out there? - Page 3

post #61 of 406
Keep in mind that BB has a 90 day low price guarantee. Hopefully I can get it even cheaper than $1999.
post #62 of 406
Hello,
Best Buy is currently matching Amazon's $1899 price for the 60GT50. In addition, you currently get a free $150 Panasonic 3D BDP (DMP-BDT220) and free delivery. While Amazon currently has the 60ST50 at $1599, BB is still selling it for $1799. This makes for currently a $100 difference between a 60GT50 and a 60ST50. I know for certain the free BDP offer ends Saturday and am pretty sure the 60GT50 is going to go back to $2199 at BB.
Cheers,
AD
post #63 of 406
Hello,
I should also point out that not only is the GT50 $1899 at Bestbuy.com, but you are get a free Panasonic 3D Blu Ray Player to boot. The free model number is DMP-BDT220 and while it certainly is not going to replace my Oppo BDP-93, it is definitely a solid Bedroom BDP.
Cheers,
AD
post #64 of 406
Hey thanks for the heads up. I called my BB salesman and he was happy to match the lower price ($1899). I'm not sure about how to get a free blu ray player since I can't find anything about it on the website. I also purchased the BDT 500 and love it.
post #65 of 406
Hello,
On the Website on the 60GT50 Page there is a Special Offers Area where it says "Bonus 3D Blu-Ray Player Find out How". Here is the link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Panasonic---VIERA---60%26%2334%3B-Class---Plasma---1080p---600Hz---Smart---3D---HDTV/5025146.p?id=1218601586555&skuId=5025146
You should be able to see it quite clearly from there. This is a Panasonic Promotion which ends on Sunday.
AD
post #66 of 406
Just bought the 55GT50 from Amazon for 1499 delivered. I called them and they agreed to price match with Paulstv (from 1599 to 1499). That was the best deal I could find today.
As info: Panasonic EPP price for this TV is $1574.99 plus sales tax and free shipping.
post #67 of 406
Hello,
Thanks to BB messing up the free Panasonic 3D BDP Promotion, I ended up paying $1750 for my 60GT50 and $149.99 for the DMP-BDT220. The BDP should have zeroed out and the price should have remained $1899.99. Because of this, it appears I will be able to purchase the BB Extended Warranty for $299 instead of the $499 price it usually costs for a 60GT50.
Cheers,
AD
post #68 of 406
My local BB has a 60GT50 (floor model) for $949. The TV has 1050 hours on it. Take it or leave it?
post #69 of 406
What kind of Warranty will you get with it? If it is the full one year I would go for it if it does not have any significant cosmetic blemishes. I assume it is powered on or can be, in the store? Just check some bright screens for any trace of burn in and if there is none I would just do it. Great price!
post #70 of 406
Same warranty as new. No visual damage, but I am worried about burn-ins myself. What is the best way to check for them at the store? The TV is on and connected to a player.
post #71 of 406
Just picked up the 65GT50 from Amazon for $2399 shipped (price matched from Pauls). I'm a prime member so there was no delivery charge and my delivery window is Friday from 4pm to 7pm. Can't wait!
post #72 of 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengiley View Post

Same warranty as new. No visual damage, but I am worried about burn-ins myself. What is the best way to check for them at the store? The TV is on and connected to a player.

My only advise would be watch it for at least 15 min and look for anything that looks like burn in. Probably stand pretty close (<5 feet). Now some people may suggest you stand really close (like 2-3 feet) but for me, even if you did see something from that distance, it would not be a "real life" viewing affecting problem so why even look for it. Sounds like you may have a heck of deal there if it works out. I had my 55GT50 for two weeks and I'm very satisfied so far. Best of luck!
post #73 of 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengiley View Post

My local BB has a 60GT50 (floor model) for $949. The TV has 1050 hours on it. Take it or leave it?

That is a patently absurd price and I would jump on it. I am shocked that BB is selling it for so far below dealer cost. Given BB Open Box items still offer the Manufacturer's Warranty and adding the PSP for 4 years is going to be dirt cheap, this seems like a no brainer. BB's PSP covers Burn In and you also have their 30 day return policy. (45 if RZ Silver Member)
post #74 of 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengiley View Post

My local BB has a 60GT50 (floor model) for $949. The TV has 1050 hours on it. Take it or leave it?
For that price, I would advise you exercise caution. BB shouldnt have any reason to sell a floor model that is less than 6 months old for so low unless there is something wrong with it. You should try and find out what the issue is and if the discount is appropriate.
post #75 of 406
Hello,
Given when the GT50 was released, this TV cannot be more than 3 Months old. This sounds like a Floor Model given the hours. With BB's Return Policy, provided you cannot see any sort of IR or Burn In, I just do not see how you can lose considering the price. Add the fact you both have the Manufacturers Warranty and the option of adding BB's PSP and this seems like the best deal I have heard of for the 2012 Panasonic Plasmas. I do not think you can even purchase a TC-P60UT50 for the price they are asking for this 60GT50,
I thought I got lucky paying $1750 for my brand new 60GT50 from BB, but this is so far below Dealer Cost that it is mind blowing.
Cheers,
AD
post #76 of 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiodork View Post

Hello,
Given when the GT50 was released, this TV cannot be more than 3 Months old. This sounds like a Floor Model given the hours. With BB's Return Policy, provided you cannot see any sort of IR or Burn In, I just do not see how you can lose considering the price. Add the fact you both have the Manufacturers Warranty and the option of adding BB's PSP and this seems like the best deal I have heard of for the 2012 Panasonic Plasmas. I do not think you can even purchase a TC-P60UT50 for the price they are asking for this 60GT50,
I thought I got lucky paying $1750 for my brand new 60GT50 from BB, but this is so far below Dealer Cost that it is mind blowing.
Cheers,
AD
The question he should be asking though is "why is BB selling a floor model of a recently released product for an insanely low price?" Floor models are usually sold when the unit is being cleared out.

Another question is that the OP is sure it is the GT50 and not the older GT30
post #77 of 406
I doubt they were trying to sell a defective unit. Their Mognolia section was being demolished and they had several TVs on sale besides Panasonic. I think it was one of those rare opportunities to get a really great deal. Unfortunately, I didn't jump on it right there and then because I wanted to "sleep on it". Well next day, all walls in Magnolia were clean and the TVs were no longer available for sale because they put them in storage. A BB sales guy explained that they usually try to sell floor items before they move them to storage, but it happens extremely rare and for a very short period of time.
I'm still hating myself for not grabbing that TV the moment I saw the price.
post #78 of 406
Funny, I did a price history for the gt30 and it was low at the end of August last year then went higher for a number of months. This seems to be a real similar pattern that I am seeing for the gt50. The price started going up last weekend. Hopefully it will come back down to last weeks prices and not follow last years history.

http://mypricetrack.com/amazon/B004MME76K
(change the date range on the chart to "all")
post #79 of 406
I just got quoted $1937 for the 60GT50, $300 Restaurant.com Gift Card, and 2 3D glasses with free white glove shipping from Pauls TV. Should I pounce on this deal from Pauls or spend $60 more and buy from Amazon minus the gift card?
post #80 of 406
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 65" GT50...$2250 (plus tax of course) from Best Buy price matched from electronics expo. Any other place offering for less right now? The sales guy said that was the cheapest he's ever seen that tv...though he could have just been saying that, too. I have a feeling he hasn't seen it for any cheaper, though...
post #81 of 406
Not the greatest deal ever, but I just got back from Best Buy and got a 65GT50 for $2299. I had wanted an ST but they've been out of stock for weeks at BB. Finally I just asked the salesman (who knew me from my previous visit inquiring of the ST) what's the best price he can give me. He talked with his manager and came back with the $2299 price. Didn't seem bad to me especially since I was so close to just ordering the ST from Amazon for $2299. I then asked him about Panny 3D glasses which they had for $79.99 a pair. He gave me 2 pairs for the price of one. After taxes my final price was $2598 for the TV and 2 pairs of glasses and took advantage of the 36 month interest free financing. Obviously I could have waited longer for a lower price, but I really wanted it now.

FYI: The guy was looking up the 65GT50 on the computer and I saw of price of $2100 and I thought it said that was the price that BB paid for it. But I could have been wrong. Anyone have any ideas on that?
post #82 of 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal33 View Post

Not the greatest deal ever, but I just got back from Best Buy and got a 65GT50 for $2299. I had wanted an ST but they've been out of stock for weeks at BB. Finally I just asked the salesman (who knew me from my previous visit inquiring of the ST) what's the best price he can give me. He talked with his manager and came back with the $2299 price. Didn't seem bad to me especially since I was so close to just ordering the ST from Amazon for $2299. I then asked him about Panny 3D glasses which they had for $79.99 a pair. He gave me 2 pairs for the price of one. After taxes my final price was $2598 for the TV and 2 pairs of glasses and took advantage of the 36 month interest free financing. Obviously I could have waited longer for a lower price, but I really wanted it now.
FYI: The guy was looking up the 65GT50 on the computer and I saw of price of $2100 and I thought it said that was the price that BB paid for it. But I could have been wrong. Anyone have any ideas on that?


I just got back myself as well from my local BB and picked up the 65GT for $2,250 before taxes. Be here on Saturday and I can't wait.
post #83 of 406
Went to a local BB, spoke to a manager, and he wouldn't budge from the advertised price. They told me that there is a UMRP pricing for this. I have to keep on hunting then frown.gif
post #84 of 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezran View Post

Went to a local BB, spoke to a manager, and he wouldn't budge from the advertised price. They told me that there is a UMRP pricing for this. I have to keep on hunting then frown.gif

Pretty sure that it isn't UMRP.
post #85 of 406
Got the P60GT50 from Amazon last week when the price went back down. Neither Paul's nor Best Buy was interested in matching. Delivery was short and sweet and no tax. Saved at least $300 over buying locally (although I tried).
post #86 of 406
Come on baby need a deal on a 65GT50 that amazon will price match to lower my price!
post #87 of 406
Can someone who has access to the Panasonic EPP website please take a pic of the price of the TCP50GT50 and send me the price through PM or email.
post #88 of 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezran View Post

Went to a local BB, spoke to a manager, and he wouldn't budge from the advertised price. They told me that there is a UMRP pricing for this. I have to keep on hunting then frown.gif

Try another best buy.
post #89 of 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezran View Post

Went to a local BB, spoke to a manager, and he wouldn't budge from the advertised price. They told me that there is a UMRP pricing for this. I have to keep on hunting then frown.gif

Try another best buy. I went to 2 different ones and they both said yes to price matching without hesitation.
post #90 of 406
I'm looking at getting the TC-P50GT50 sometime by December.

Do you guys think this TV will continue to drop in price or if any great deals can be done around black Friday ?

I checked and Amazon, Abt Electronics have it for $1448.Paul's TV has it for $1449 and comes with a $300 http://www.restaurant.com/ gift card

I also did a google shopping search and some non Panasonic authorized dealers like East Coast TV and AllTimeTV's have it for $1327.

I really would like to try and get it price matched at Best Buy so that I can get the reward zone points to maintain my rewards zone silver account.I'm sure they would match Paul's TV price since they are listed on Panasonic's authorized dealer website.But I'm not sure if they would give me a gift card or throw in a free set of 3D glasses or 3D blu-ray player to make up for Paul TV's $300 gift card to http://www.restaurant.com/
Edited by Filipinoyakuza - 10/15/12 at 6:15pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals! › Any GT50 deals out there?