or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Epson 3010 Wall mounting?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epson 3010 Wall mounting?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Hey folks!

There are plenty of helpful stuff in here about 3010 model, but I couldn't find a few things I am interesting in... If someone could help me out, I'd much appreciate it!

1. I'm just about to order my very first projector, Epson 3010, but I live in Ireland, and European version is TW6000(difference in price about 400$), I wonder if I get 3010 will it work in Europe? I mean I have 3D Player Sony american version and it works grand.

2. I cannot choose screen for it, I stopped on ' 120" 16:9 Electric Projector Screen. Matt White Surface 1.1 Gain ', my room is pretty dark, will it be good for this kind of projector?

3. I've read here you guys mounting your projectors on ceiling(most of you anyway), problem I have is my ceiling height is about 15" and throw distance is about the same 15". So I was wondering is it better to mount projector on the wall instead of ceiling? I know that center has to be on the top or on the bottom of the screen but I think if projector will be on the ceiling it will be just too high? And unfortunately I can't mount it so center will be on the bottom of the screen because it's just above a couch

Thanks again for your help!
Chris.
post #2 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristoir View Post

3. I've read here you guys mounting your projectors on ceiling(most of you anyway), problem I have is my ceiling height is about 15" and throw distance is about the same 15". So I was wondering is it better to mount projector on the wall instead of ceiling? I know that center has to be on the top or on the bottom of the screen but I think if projector will be on the ceiling it will be just too high? And unfortunately I can't mount it so center will be on the bottom of the screen because it's just above a couch

Thanks again for your help!
Chris.

Many people use wall mounts or shelves. Monoprice has a couple of wall mounts. Be sure to read the specs.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Peerless also has a few wall mounts that must be combined with a projector mount like the PRG-UNV.

http://www.peerlessmounts.com/dyn/Pr...categoryID/193

http://www.peerlessmounts.com/dyn/Pr...categoryID/193
post #3 of 13
Remember that the 3010 does not have lens shift. I find my wall usually is limited on where the female component will let me put things. Thus be careful to stake out your location before you invest.
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristoir View Post

1. I'm just about to order my very first projector, Epson 3010, but I live in Ireland, and European version is TW6000(difference in price about 400$), I wonder if I get 3010 will it work in Europe? I mean I have 3D Player Sony american version and it works grand.

The U.S. gets the Epson 3010 and the rest of the world gets the Epson TW6000 designation. The specs are exactly the same, same bulb and voltage range (100V-240V). I don't see any reason why it won't work anywhere in the world. Your biggest challenge would be finding a plug adapter.
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Eaadasm, thank you! I think I found a perfect spot on the wall with projector calculator's help.

Mr. G, perfect thanks for the links and info, I appreciate it!
Guys, do you think I'll be fine with that Matt White screen?
So excited, Christmas coming early this year
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristoir View Post

Eaadasm, thank you! I think I found a perfect spot on the wall with projector calculator's help.

Mr. G, perfect thanks for the links and info, I appreciate it!
Guys, do you think I'll be fine with that Matt White screen?
So excited, Christmas coming early this year

The screen will work GREAT. I have an Epson 3010, 14 1/2' throw to a 1.3 gain matte white screen. Looks outstanding! I was concerned it might be too bright in 2D. It's not. Looks wonderful with or without ambient light.
Hope this helps. Happy viewing!

Ed

BTW, Forgot to mention mine is 120", 16:9 as well.
post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
old corps, thanks so much!!!
Lads, one more question, I hope last one Distance between projector and my player/TV/PS3 is about 28-30 feet. I've read here on forum that 3010 doesn't recognize HDMI cable if it longer than 24 feet. Is this true? Will I buy 24 feet and try to make it through or 28-30 feet will work alright?
Thanks good people!
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristoir View Post

Lads, one more question, I hope last one Distance between projector and my player/TV/PS3 is about 28-30 feet. I've read here on forum that 3010 doesn't recognize HDMI cable if it longer than 24 feet. Is this true? Will I buy 24 feet and try to make it through or 28-30 feet will work alright? Thanks good people!

I have my projector (not a 3010) connected with 40 feet of HDMI, no problems. 3010 owners could probably advise.

Referring back to my earlier post I think it would be better to find a permanent solution to the AC power cable, rather than purchasing an adapter it would probably best to buy a UK Type G plug to C13 connector cable, the added benefit is the replacement cable would be rated for 250V 10A.

Here's an example:

http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_...DataName=PO5-6
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristoir View Post

old corps, thanks so much!!!
Lads, one more question, I hope last one Distance between projector and my player/TV/PS3 is about 28-30 feet. I've read here on forum that 3010 doesn't recognize HDMI cable if it longer than 24 feet. Is this true? Will I buy 24 feet and try to make it through or 28-30 feet will work alright?
Thanks good people!

I got a 50ft $14 cable from amazon and it works great
post #10 of 13
I use a Monoprice wall mount with my 3010. I have a beam going across my ceiling and ceiling mounting was out of question. It will either be too close to get a decent size (100 + ) picture or I will need a very long ceiling mount if the projector is to be mounted behind the ceiling beam. So, I bought this universal mount from Monoprice. Before I bought it I spoke to a Monoprice rep and was told that this would work fine with the 3010. I bought the mount and when I received it realized that the mounting brackets were too short. Fortunately, you can configure the mount to use either 4 or 3 mounting brackets. So, I took one bracket off and connected it with one of the other brackets to make it longer. This worked perfectly fine with the projector. photo 1.JPG 2213k .JPG file
post #11 of 13
Here are couple of pictures.. I did not attach the picture properly in the earlier post


448448[/URL448
post #12 of 13
Looks really nice, Thupdhon.

Since you need to mount the projector so that it's even with the top of the screen, is it the center of the lens, the top, or bottom that you want even with it?
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by neveser View Post

Looks really nice, Thupdhon.

Since you need to mount the projector so that it's even with the top of the screen, is it the center of the lens, the top, or bottom that you want even with it?

I am not too sure. I mounted the projector first and then the screen later on. But I will check and post it herr
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Epson 3010 Wall mounting?