or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens. - Page 44

post #1291 of 2305
I did receive the PC on a stick the other day, and wanted to wait a couple of days before writing here and get perspective first.

For 35 dollars (uhost1), it is a china product, it comes with android on it, wifi, hdmi, and can be powered by the usb port on the pa70g unit itself. It's a little bigger than a usb memory stick.
After updating to latest image and tweaks package, and testing, it works! Now I am in the same room where my router is located , so for me, wifi signal was strong, and I was able to surf the web and watch hd you tube videos with no studdering or little slowdown. Good experience.
The google play store works, but you do have to get Mobile versions of apps, but it works fine.
Now, I did try the device in the next room, and the wifi signal went from 5 bars to 4 bars, and still connected wifi no problems. So if you are further away from router you might have to attach a wifi stick that is better or go ethernet usb adapter.
I attached a logictech k400 keyboard/trackpad to it and immediately worked. I loaded 8 gig micro sd card with movies and other stuff and it played no problems, formats that the LG media player could not play , like wma music files.
So for 35 dollars, the pa70g could be turned into smart PJ.
Newer versions of the pc on a stick will be coming out the next year, so maybe look into getting one of those that gets good reviews.
I have not tried loading linux or xbmc on it, because I don't need to, it does what I need it to do.
I also plugged into my other bulb PJ and hdtv and worked great on those devices too. Self contained using usb port from both those devices. If you have any questions , feel free to ask. I mean it's not as powerful as PC or laptop, we are just talking android in such a tiny package that websurfs and Youtube, nextflix stuff.
post #1292 of 2305
smile.gif Negotiating the purchase of LG service remote control, yesterday fought with a laptop, and finally won the smile.gif I can watch movies in 3D, even with my older equipment was enough to install win7 smile.gif, after trying several versions of nVidia drivers smile.gif, especially the older I found that does not crashes blue screan smile.gif. Initially I had a problem with jumping picture frame to get lost and jammed the image a little upset with my chinese glasses are good for nothing smile.gif, but it turned out that a problem with the processing software side by side in a page flipping.
Once I bought a small card with hardware Broadcom Crystal HD decoder and it is a godsend, kicked in the stereoscopic player, all four codecs and turned them on the Broadcom decoder. And today smile.gif picture crystal shock and no jams, almost smile.gif I tried to hitch a seed tree home from the movie avatar. smile.gif

except for one small detail that I do not have HDMI OUTPUT VGA only and I can not switch on no other mode except 1024x768: (, I admit that in the DLP 3D is awesome.

I did not want to spend a money on expensive glasses not knowing whether they will act so I bought on ebay for such a thing smile.gifsmile.gif about 23 euro with shipping so DHL courier came to me in 3 days smile.gif from China to Polish.
They work great, and I'm going to buy more pairs smile.gif
post #1293 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgtaa View Post

I did receive the PC on a stick the other day, and wanted to wait a couple of days before writing here and get perspective first.
For 35 dollars (uhost1), it is a china product, it comes with android on it, wifi, hdmi, and can be powered by the usb port on the pa70g unit itself. It's a little bigger than a usb memory stick.
After updating to latest image and tweaks package, and testing, it works! Now I am in the same room where my router is located , so for me, wifi signal was strong, and I was able to surf the web and watch hd you tube videos with no studdering or little slowdown. Good experience.
The google play store works, but you do have to get Mobile versions of apps, but it works fine.
Now, I did try the device in the next room, and the wifi signal went from 5 bars to 4 bars, and still connected wifi no problems. So if you are further away from router you might have to attach a wifi stick that is better or go ethernet usb adapter.
I attached a logictech k400 keyboard/trackpad to it and immediately worked. I loaded 8 gig micro sd card with movies and other stuff and it played no problems, formats that the LG media player could not play , like wma music files.
So for 35 dollars, the pa70g could be turned into smart PJ.
Newer versions of the pc on a stick will be coming out the next year, so maybe look into getting one of those that gets good reviews.
I have not tried loading linux or xbmc on it, because I don't need to, it does what I need it to do.
I also plugged into my other bulb PJ and hdtv and worked great on those devices too. Self contained using usb port from both those devices. If you have any questions , feel free to ask. I mean it's not as powerful as PC or laptop, we are just talking android in such a tiny package that websurfs and Youtube, nextflix stuff.

Glad you had good luck with it..sounds like a good deal at $35. I use my Kindle Fire HD to drive my LG PA70G all day, so I'm trying to find out if these things will run my Vulkano app. If so, I'm in..I'd rather free up my Kindle and use one of these instead.
post #1294 of 2305
Anyone looking at the GP10, wonder how the next round 2013 led projectors will compare to the PA70G.


GP10 specs

GP10 projector central specs

Look out PA70G "The GP10 is capable of projecting a big 160-inch 720p HD-quality picture".

Lol, at 160" that thing is going to be so dim and 720p res.

Here is a link to the AVS topic on the GP10.
Edited by Amber Ale - 1/3/13 at 1:52am
post #1295 of 2305
Have you could also write about LG PA70G.O write all possible , just do not write anything about LG .
Thank you for your understanding.
post #1296 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Ale View Post

Anyone looking at the GP10, wonder how the next round 2013 led projectors will compare to the PA70G.
GP10 specs
GP10 projector central specs
Look out PA70G "The GP10 is capable of projecting a big 160-inch 720p HD-quality picture".
Lol, at 160" that thing is going to be so dim and 720p res.
Here is a link to the AVS topic on the GP10.

I don't see this projector as any threat to the pa70g for a few reasons. First, it's 550 lumens. Second, not sure about the price point, above 399 and some of us will laugh.
Also, in the projector central link you gave , at very bottom it said this device not sold in the usa.

I'm sure there will be real competition for the pa70g this year, and it will probably come from PJ's that are 1,000 lumens and above with possiblily built in 3D hardware, or with zoom, or other cool stuff. The pa70g is still gonna hold it's own at fry's 399 special price. We will have to see at CES Jan 9th what the future brings (although some of CES is vaporware.).

I guess since the pa70g is the King of 720p LED 3D ready PJ's , others come to post possible contenders to the throne. CES is next week, not long to wait.
post #1297 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgtaa View Post


I guess since the pa70g is the King of 720p LED 3D ready PJ's , others come to post possible contenders to the throne.

Yah, if that was true, I would have bought one by now.

On my PLED-W500 I can connect a VP3D! via HDMI and easily game on a X-Box or PS3 in 3D.

I can also connect to a stand alone 3D Blu-ray player or a Cable/Satellite set top box and feed 1080P resolutions for 3D Viewing.

Using the VPD1 I can game using Nvidia 3DTV Play at 1920x1080@24 or Tridef at 1920x1080@30 as a input feed.

Although I use 1080P loosely, since the resolutions achieved on all of these DMD .45 chipped projectors is done via a scaling/conversion algorithm and the VP3D! down converts the input as well.

I'd love to pass the crown and join the new Kingdom, if one of you'd getHDMI 1.4 1080P 3D input supported via HDMI by some hardware configuration. The 700 Lumens would be welcomed as well as the better color control.
Edited by Rugrash - 1/3/13 at 2:57pm
post #1298 of 2305
Rugrash!

If I owned a PLED-W500 , I am not sure I would want to buy another 720p LED. You have a great PJ.

I was sort of joking with the KING thing, it's just some people were coming in here posting other LED 720p's and wondering how it compares to the 70g.

The reason I think the 70g is King (temporarily) is because it was first to be 700 lumens 720p LED, had good media center in it, and if unit is in focus , has great picture and the contrast is amazing.

This is the main LG pa70g forum room, so most of us own this PJ, so, of course , we like the PJ. You have your own forum room , and I'm sure in your pled-w500, your PJ is king. Fair enough.

Now, price of 399 was strong selling feature for me, how much did you pay for your 500 lumen pled -w500, and how is the focus and start up focus on your unit?

How are the internal speakers on your pled-w500, 2 watts , how loud and clear is it? Does it fill up room? The 70g has amazing sound for internal built in speakers 6 watts of stereo sound. Does your unit have audio out, NO it doesn't! .... because the 70g does have audio out, where you can plug in powered computer like speakers.

I seriously was looking at the pled-w500 but passed because of no audio out and focus issues, and only 2 watts of internal sound. And only 20,000 hours on unit compared to 30,000.
In either case, next week , we will hopefully see the next generation of LED PJ's maybe even affordable 1080p!
Edited by rgtaa - 1/3/13 at 3:22pm
post #1299 of 2305
Honestly the PA70G is likely the best of the 'current' inexpensive 720p LED pj's over-all but it is not without some issues and some of the other makes do offer better QC.

Even at 700 'rated' lumen's these units are not really bright enough for a respectable 3D image unless used with a higher gain screen (or a small matte screen).

The PA70G seems to have the most issue in getting 3D functioning (versus other similar 1280x800 LED models).

No matter what I do I cannot get my current PA70G to be seen as 3D capable by my Radeon 6970 (TriDef, Stereoscopic player, AMD HD3D, iZ3D... nothing works).

It appears the extra lumen's (700 vs 500) are simply coming from LG boosting green and leaving the end user no way to totally correct it (in full power mode).

That said it is a great little 2D unit for $400-$500 if you get lucky and find one that has good focus, it throws a very respectable image at that price range.


Jason
post #1300 of 2305
Jason!
I'm hoping you will check out gaming lag on the 70g! Take your time, but hurry up. smile.gif

Yeah, the 3D thing we don't have under control yet. We need more info and testing to figure it out.

I'm thinking if we go 3D we have to move the PJ to maybe 60 inch screen and kick the PJ into high mode or maybe high gain screen.

I also have been trying different things to get 3d to work, finally got my 3d glasses.

Crap, I'm not even sure, someone like me should be doing 3d. My eyes go wacky when I put them on and try to watch 3d.

In next day, I will be getting a 3d device that might work. I'll let you guys know if it sucks or not. If it works, it could be cheap way to get 3d.
post #1301 of 2305
I cannot get the 3D working for the life of me...I bought the fx-30 DLP link glasses but I just cannot get it to work. I have nVidia card as well which says it's 3D capable. Can someone write a detailed step by step instruction as to set up and how to use the 3D software?
post #1302 of 2305
I am planning to do the LAG test this weekend, have to carry out the old school monster CRT monitor. wink.gif

Regarding the 3D... I have tried just about everything that I can on my current unit and it simply will not do 3D as nothing see's it as being 3D capable.

I tried every application that I could find on both HDMI and VGA and nothing works. I can send the PA70G 120hz all day long no problem, 1024x768, 1280x720p, 1280x768 all work at 120hz but no 3D.

It's possible someone my have better luck with an Nvidia gpu/3D Vision. Maybe I'll see if my cousin want's to bring his Nvidia rig over and test it out, does me no good however as I have no plan to change my video card at the moment (although I would guess a 560 ti / 660 ti would do a decent job at 720p 3D).

I have the white SainSonic 3D DLP-Link glasses but our lack of 3D is no fault of the glasses, this is all on the PA70G and LG.

Jason
post #1303 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by caveys812 View Post

I cannot get the 3D working for the life of me...I bought the fx-30 DLP link glasses but I just cannot get it to work. I have nVidia card as well which says it's 3D capable. Can someone write a detailed step by step instruction as to set up and how to use the 3D software?

If you had read the thread, you'd see that tatinko explained how to watch 3D videos with just a PC and glasses.
post #1304 of 2305
Jason!

Can you get to the point where the pa70g , switches to 3d mode. I can get that far, 3d on remote kicks in and says put on 3d glasses. Do you get that far?

Now I am using crappy, crappy, graphics chip, it is onboard chip, ... it's a 9200 nvidia geforce. I did load tataniko's vga zip, and in hdmi I can get 1024x768 to at least kick in. Trying the stereoscopic player v 1.9.3 program. I have the fx-30 glasses too. I am testing with 3d stuff on the internet, so I do get sort of 3d, but I think the 3d clips are crappy.

tridef program didn't work, said not right card. Tataniko's is saying he figured out way to get it to work and sort of bypass graphic card stuff. I am still testing and not satisfied, if we can figure out cheapest 3d card to get, I'll get it , provided it is tested to work.
Edited by rgtaa - 1/3/13 at 4:48pm
post #1305 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Regarding the 3D... I have tried just about everything that I can on my current unit and it simply will not do 3D as nothing see's it as being 3D capable.
I tried every application that I could find on both HDMI and VGA and nothing works. I can send the PA70G 120hz all day long no problem, 1024x768, 1280x720p, 1280x768 all work at 120hz but no 3D.
Jason

Using Tridef with your desktop set at 1024x768@120Hz select standard display types, then select Direct3D 120Hz. I'm on my Nvidia rig atm, so it may be named something similar, but I think that's right.
You then have to lauch the game from within their launcher and make sure that the resolutions and refresh are set the same within the game. The game also needs to be in full screen if it doesn't have the option to select full screen, you might try hitting alt+enter. Some of thei games are only supported in DX-9 You may need to search tru their horrble forums to find the appropriate settings for a game that you are trying to make work. Another option is the GameGrade 3D page over at the Meant to be Seen website. http://www.mtbs3d.com/gg3d/

also make sure that you have enabled the DLP Link function in the projector menu.
post #1306 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgtaa View Post

Jason!
Can you get to the point where the pa70g , switches to 3d mode. I can get that far, 3d on remote kicks in and says put on 3d glasses. Do you get that far?
Now I am using crappy, crappy, graphics chip, it is onboard chip, ... it's a 9200 nvidia geforce. I did load tataniko's vga zip, and in hdmi I can get 1024x768 to at least kick in. Trying the stereoscopic player v 1.9.3 program. I have the fx-30 glasses too. I am testing with 3d stuff on the internet, so I do get sort of 3d, but I think the 3d clips are crappy.
tridef program didn't work, said not right card. Tataniko's is saying he figured out way to get it to work and sort of bypass graphic card stuff. I am still testing and not satisfied, if we can figure out cheapest 3d card to get, I'll get it , provided it is tested to work.




I can send several resolutions that will allow me to enable 3D on the remote and upon leaving those resolutions the projector will turn off 3D since it knows it is no longer getting 120hz but that is about it.

Simply sending one of the accepted 3D resolutions at 120hz will allow you to enable 3D on the remote and then you will see "Put on 3D glasses" even if you are not actually sending a 3D signal (the screen will look reddish when in 3D mode due to the DLP-Link signal).

Nothing that I have sent will actually auto enable 3D on the PA70G, that would certainly be a nice step in the right direction if it is capable (I don't think it auto enables).

Even on 1024x768 @ 120hz I get nothing 3D from Stereoscopic player (via VGA or HDMI).

Jason
post #1307 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugrash View Post

Using Tridef with your desktop set at 1024x768@120Hz select standard display types, then select Direct3D 120Hz. I'm on my Nvidia rig atm, so it may be named something similar, but I think that's right.
You then have to lauch the game from within their launcher and make sure that the resolutions and refresh are set the same within the game. The game also needs to be in full screen if it doesn't have the option to select full screen, you might try hitting alt+enter. Some of thei games are only supported in DX-9 You may need to search tru their horrble forums to find the appropriate settings for a game that you are trying to make work. Another option is the GameGrade 3D page over at the Meant to be Seen website. http://www.mtbs3d.com/gg3d/
also make sure that you have enabled the DLP Link function in the projector menu.

I have done exactly what you describe over and over via VGA and HDMI, nothing works as it should. TriDef always says '3D is disabled' and 'Please connect to a 3D capable display' when set to any of the Direct3D modes.


I had a similar experience with an Epson 3010 and Nvidia gpu, had to download a faked EDID (.inf) and load that onto the pc in order to get the gpu to send 3D and accept the 3010 as 3D capable.

Sounds like we need a faked EDID for the LG/AMD combo that we can load and trick an AMD gpu into seeing the LG as 3D capable.


I do appreciate your input however. smile.gif

Thank You!
Jason

_____________
Edited by DaGamePimp - 1/3/13 at 5:14pm
post #1308 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by tataniko View Post

You are wrong and missed something. 3D works on LG PA70G through VGA at
- 1280x720 and 1280x768 @120HZ resolutions without any issue.
You have to use custom 120hz resolution, or my custom monitor.inf file, what I posted earlier. I made a quick shoot, only the uploaded photo is blurred and bad quality, thanks the phone, but not the real one.
1280x768 3D quick screenshoot 316k .jpg file
LgPa70gVga120.zip 1k .zip file

Quote:
Originally Posted by tataniko View Post

Hi DeinVater, just easy.
When you connected the projector to the PC through VGA, there will be a secondary screen for LG, what Windows is recognized well. Windows automatically generated a default monitor driver for this screen (projector), according LG factory stored resolutions (EDID).
You have to replace or install custom monitor driver instead of default one, what is containing all available 120hz resolutions for LG PA 70G.
After installing custom monitor.inf and restarting Windows, go to screen resolutions\advanced settings\list all modes.There will be all the 120hz resolutions, you can switch easily. This method is working all 120hz capable GPU (Ati/Nvidia/Intel/S3 etc.).
Edit: This monitor driver is suitable only for VGA out connector from a PC, it is not working on HDMI or DVI.
LgPa70gVga120.zip 1k .zip file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugrash View Post

The EDID is different for each input. The VGA EDID shows the analog capabilities, whereas the HDMI EDID has descriptors for digital signals.
How to perform an EDID override http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hdfever.fr%2F2011%2F02%2F20%2Ftutoriel-faire-fonctionner-un-projecteur-3d-dlp-link-avec-le-kit-3d-vision%2F
This is the guide I used when I first did it, I also used the H5360 inf file from it to enable 3D Vision at the time.
Now that 3D Vision is supporting CRTs again in their latest driver, Nvidia users could try the ID pin removal as explained at http://3dvision-blog.com/4100-how-to-use-any-3d-dlp-projector-together-with-3d-vision/
Nvidia users should also note the ability to create custom resolution profiles in the Nvidia control panel. Select 1280x720, set to 120Hz, select automatic and then CVT reduced blank (oh and check the progressive box)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugrash View Post

Here are the output resolutions from my PC that I'm using with a Radeon 7970 GPU and TriDef.
It has the extension block byte as a 1, so it should use your extension for additional descriptors.
The only difference should be the color characteristics.
Color characteristics LG PA70G
Default color space...... Non-sRGB
Display gamma............ 2.20
Red chromaticity......... Rx 0.645 - Ry 0.304
Green chromaticity....... Gx 0.215 - Gy 0.700
Blue chromaticity........ Bx 0.143 - By 0.025
White point (default).... Wx 0.283 - Wy 0.297
Additional descriptors... None
Color characteristics PLED-W500
Default color space...... Non-sRGB
Display gamma............ 2.20
Red chromaticity......... Rx 0.670 - Ry 0.330
Green chromaticity....... Gx 0.210 - Gy 0.710
Blue chromaticity........ Bx 0.140 - By 0.080
White point (default).... Wx 0.313 - Wy 0.329
Additional descriptors... None
It has 1280x720P@120Hz set as the native resolution. I did this because some hardware/software 3D solutions look at the native resolution before enabling.
It has 1280x800 and 1366x768 added in for 3D gaming choices. It also has 1920x1200@30Hz added in for 2D gaming/web surfing. Sometimes 1920x1200 acts up. If it does, I use the remote to swith to USB input and wait a minute then switch back.
On my Nvidia GPU I could do 1920x1200@50Hz HDMI or 1920x1200@60 VGA.
Try at your own risk, works great on my PLED-W500. rugrash Radeon PLED-W500 HDMI 720P 120Hz native.zip 1k .zip file
BTW you can use monitor asset manager to open and read the file after unzipping it.

aHere ya go
post #1309 of 2305
Jason!
I got to ask, did you try tataniko's vga.zip? Because I think he did do the fake EDID thing. biggrin.gif

It would be kind of cool if the zen master did figure it out, and is laughing at us. Some of those zen guys have a funny sense of humor. If tataniko can maybe tone it down a couple of notches, and not zen wack on the guys here, and we not knock on him, we can combine our knowledge.

Bottom line is "get this thing to work in 3d". smile.gif

Rugrash ... I see we were working on the same thing. We posted the same minute. Cool. You collected all the stuff. Nice job
post #1310 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgtaa View Post

Rugrash!
If I owned a PLED-W500 , I am not sure I would want to buy another 720p LED. You have a great PJ.
I was sort of joking with the KING thing, it's just some people were coming in here posting other LED 720p's and wondering how it compares to the 70g.
The reason I think the 70g is King (temporarily) is because it was first to be 700 lumens 720p LED, had good media center in it, and if unit is in focus , has great picture and the contrast is amazing.
This is the main LG pa70g forum room, so most of us own this PJ, so, of course , we like the PJ. You have your own forum room , and I'm sure in your pled-w500, your PJ is king. Fair enough.
Now, price of 399 was strong selling feature for me, how much did you pay for your 500 lumen pled -w500, and how is the focus and start up focus on your unit?
How are the internal speakers on your pled-w500, 2 watts , how loud and clear is it? Does it fill up room? The 70g has amazing sound for internal built in speakers 6 watts of stereo sound. Does your unit have audio out, NO it doesn't! .... because the 70g does have audio out, where you can plug in powered computer like speakers.
I seriously was looking at the pled-w500 but passed because of no audio out and focus issues, and only 2 watts of internal sound. And only 20,000 hours on unit compared to 30,000.
In either case, next week , we will hopefully see the next generation of LED PJ's maybe even affordable 1080p!

I paid $480 when I bought it, the LG was not out yet.

Yes, my speakers are crap, I do not use them.

In all fairness you specifically said "the pa70g is the King of 720p LED 3D ready PJ's", whether kidding or not.

My comparisson was to 3D only, nowhere did I state that the PLED-W500 was a better 2D projector, nor would I have.

I was not comparing price, focus issue, speakers

I want you guys to get 3D working on the LG in a greater capacity than files on the PC using sterescopic player , it's pretty much the only reason I've been following this thread.

Simply playing files from the PC, does not make it much of a 3D Projector..
post #1311 of 2305
Rugrash
When I spoke about the pa70g being "king" , I was joking around and I didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry if it did. I was really interested in that viewsonic LED you got, I went so far as to call viewsonic about it, because what was holding me back was lack of audio out jack. I asked them what to do, I wanted to use 360 xbox hdmi going into that PJ, and didn't want to be limited to 2 watts of sound with no audio out jack at all.
At the time when the viewsonic LED came out, it was the best LED out.
I know you have been helping us out, and we really appreciate it.
Bottom line , even if the pa70g is "king" at the moment, it will not be for long, that is what I was saying, and the other PJ that the other guy posted, my comment was sort of joke since the other guy comes into room to hang out and share other PJ's with us.
Peace my friend.
post #1312 of 2305
LOL, I do get defensive.

But the last thing I want is someone buying the PA70G for 3D gaming, when as far as we know atm it will not work with anything other than a PC via a VGA connection at limited resolutions.

Someone could easily have seen that comment and used it as the sole basis for their purchasing decision.

I'm constantly seeing posters complain on the Nvidia 3D Vision forums post about buying a monitor that will not work and being stuck with a restocking fee when they return it..

So if I can save someone the expense, I'll do so before the fact, if possible.
post #1313 of 2305
Rugrash

Yeah, you are like me, we both want to make sure we help others to buy something that works for what they say they want. And I did say 3D in the same sentence as KING, and if it's not true about 3d working right, we have to strip the pa70g title and eliminate the 3d part. biggrin.gif

I'm getting to the point where I might be ready to call LG about this issue. I was hoping you other guys would do it. And still do! We could then "knight" you into the halls of PA70G kingdom if you can get LG to give working doc on exactly how to get it to work and the equipment they used. Or to post firmware upgrade so it can work.

Now that I have 3d glasses, part of my hesitation in calling LG is I have crap graphic cards in my PC's. So I figured one of you guys with a good graphics card and 3d glasses could call. Even if they walk me through it, my graphic card could still not be up to the task.
post #1314 of 2305
I did try both of the posted monitor.inf files (VGA and HDMI), yes. Neither worked and gave the same result as if they were not in use.

Jason
post #1315 of 2305
Just in time Jason!

Do you want the task of calling LG and pinning them down on how to get 3d to work. You have the knowledge and the proper equipment. And YOU SPEAK ENGLISH! (joking guys). biggrin.gif ( just about the English comment) smile.gif

You have tried everything and you are stumped. Tell them you speak for all of us in the forum rooms. Go Jason, go.. wink.gif
post #1316 of 2305
Most of the time after doing an EDID override, you have to reboot the PC or hotplug the display, in order for it to kick in.

I've had a lot of problems with my radeon card not listing what display I have, the important part is that the available resolutions are available.

Are you switching into the resolutions using the windows program? Sometimes the Radeon control panel weirds out and doesn't want you to select 120Hz.
post #1317 of 2305
yeah, good points. Not sure if he is in windows 8 or not. but he might have to do advanced startup and on startup pick the option of disable software signing , something like that... I had to do that. Then install the file just by 'right clicking on it", then restarting computer.
Hard to know which os he has?

Then enable the graphic setting by "right clicking on desktop and screen resolution and not through graphic card program.
post #1318 of 2305
I run Win7 64 and always reboot after changes like this.

I also checked the windows display settings against the CCC and they matched.

Once again thanks for the input, I have seriously spent hours on this stuff trying to cover every angle.

I am new to this pj but not new to pc and a/v so I have a very solid grasp on most aspects besides this particular unit. However... thanks to hours of testing and the vast contributions in this thread I am becoming very familiar and on my way to a PA70G pro (hehe).

Jason
post #1319 of 2305
Jason
Do you have a 32 bit PC that you could also test on? Trouble-shooting the drivers, maybe 64 bit compatibility issue, don't know?

Now that you have spent hours trying to figure it out, if you called LG now, you are prepared, just not sure you would be able to talk to someone who "knows anything about this issue from LG tech support?" .
post #1320 of 2305
Are you sure that you are not simply reinstalling the same driver(EDID), it's easy to do. When you get to the part that you are about to browse your desktop for the .inf file, uncheck the box the box that says "show compatible hardware". Before the last step where you click "NEXT" to install it, make sure that have the correct override highlighted.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens.