Any pros and cons using Tridef Vs Steroscopic Player for watching 3d movies?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Optoma HD33 HD3300 1080p 3D Projector Review Last post on 10/30/13 at 12:28am in Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
- The Official Acer H9500BD Thread Last post on 12/3/13 at 9:06pm in Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
- Optoma HD66 - First 3D home theatre/gaming projector Last post on 10/27/13 at 4:53am in Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
- 3d Projector not showing 3d!!! (split screen) Last post on 1/31/13 at 1:26pm in 3D Tech Talk
- Cheaper alternative to Optoma 3DXL for HD66 and other DLP projectors Last post on 9/13/13 at 4:55am in 3D Tech Talk
Projectors 101: AVS’ Favorites
Last edited: 10/5/12
- Innovative and Interactive LCD Projectors for Large RoomsLast edited: 9/11/12
- Samsung SSG-4100GB 3D Active Glasses (2012 Model)No review yet.
- Samsung 700 Lumens XGA DLP Projector, SPH710AENo review yet.
- View Sonic 3D HD Video Processor (VP3D1)No review yet.
- Optoma 3D-XL Converter Box for 3D Video and GamingNo review yet.
- VideoSecu Universal LCD/DLP Projector Vaulted...No review yet.
- Innovative and Interactive LCD Projectors for Large Rooms
LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens. - Page 75
Gear mentioned in this thread:
and about 1280 no way with hdmi? the problem of 1024 is hard to set windows to play with this resolution with in 16:9.
I just completed reading 80% of the posts and most of the posts are on the focus issue.I want to make a decision between PA70g and PB60G this week itself.The price difference between these two is 200$ in my country.My requirement is for a 100 inches screen for movies at night time.
It is hard to say how many units were unfocused, looking back on it.
In the beginning of the thread, we didn't understand the IMPORTANCE of correct alignment of PJ with the screen, and we NEVER asked people how they were setting it up when they first get unit.
If they ceiling mounted it or placed it on floor, or were too far to the left of center screen, etc.
Once I discovered "perfect focus" then you don't hear as much about focus issues. "Perfect focus" is when PJ is placed directly centered with center of screen, not to high or too low, or too far to right or left of center screen. This is for TESTING when you first get PJ. Place PJ 8 feet back, place it maybe 4-6 feet high depending on where the center of screen is.
Now, if you get left side of screen unfocused, then move the PJ, a foot to the right or left until the whole image is in "perfect focus". Same with upper screen out of focus , move the PJ a foot higher or lower until the both the upper and lower is in focus.
Now, once you test your PJ with this TEST! And you have "perfect focus", then you can mount on ceiling or where-ever, and the PJ will be slightly out of focus somewhere, which should be ok with everybody, because they realize that PJ is not centered with screen, and it's just a slight unfocus somewhere, if they repeated the "perfect focus" test, the PJ is fine. Make sense.
There is no lens shift with these LED PJ's, so proper placement for "perfect focus" is important. But in actual use, when watching movie, or playing game, slight soft focus in upper or to the left is not noticed with ceiling mount.
I have it on a tripod so it can be perfectly placed for focus. It's so light that a simple camera tripod does the job.
Edited by HTCrazy - 11/11/13 at 8:28am
I use an MK809 android device which uses a Rockchip 3066
There are newer devices which use the new Rockchip 3188
So In short it work, just hook it up to the hdmi and u get sound and picture.
I also use plex Media server on my pc, which keeps the transcoding processing of the dongle device.
There's a 1/4"-20 threaded boss on the bottom of the projector. The tripod will have a 1/4"-20 threaded screw. The screw threads into the boss - it is that simple.
I did and it works great. It is a tv over the air tuner and recording device. You plug antenna into back of unit. And use hdmi to plug into your pa70g. You can set up shows to record on usb hard drive. I did pick one up for about 35 dollars last week from newegg on sale. And have been testing it out the last few days. Works great. Maybe wait for sale.
I have homerun tuners , but you need pc with media center to get it to work.
So, this device is stand alone, you don't need pc or anything else. Another thing is that it can play movies avi/mp4 on it too. So think of it as cheap DVR and media player.
If you have cable tv, there is experimental firmware for QAM, but it's a hit or miss thing, since cable companies are removing them. So buy this device for OTA tv viewing and maybe experimenting with QAM. Ok, so you are not disappointed.
So the pa70g can play OTA tv stuff and record stuff cheap with this device.
(there are other versions of this device hitting the market, just check reviews, prices, to make sure USERS have good experience with it).
Yes, that works, I have hdmi into pa70g and on back of homeworx have red and white rca plugged into amplifier and it works no problems.
It has composite/component and hdmi on back of homeworx, so lots of OPTIONS. Also this device will work with any old style tv too, or any other hdtv or monitor that has hdmi or accepts component/composite.
I mean it is very cheap way to get stand alone dvr that comes with hdmi/composite/component outputs. And you can use memory stick or usb hard drive to record your stuff onto it.
If you guys were looking for wifi and all android apps and watching you tube and all that get one of those pc on a stick I discussed in the past , it works too. So really the pa70g can do it all , if you get those 2 devices except native 3d (only the pa75u can do 3d native movies). Although I did discuss and buy the 3d converter box for 30 dollars a number of months ago I discussed in this thread (it works but I didn't like it that much).
Personally, I get head-aches and eyestrain with 3d, maybe in future they will make it without glasses and it will work for me and not put too much strain on my eyes.
You may have to enable the installtion of unsigned drivers, to get your current driver working
- LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens.
- › October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies,... 9 seconds ago
- › Official AVS Motorola DCX series HD DVR Topic! 34 seconds ago
- › Official Emotiva XPA-5 Owners Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Have Epson 705HD, which route for screen 46 seconds ago
- › The Official Xbox One thread... 1 minute ago
- › Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk 1 minute ago
- › Is 3D about dead? 1 minute ago
- › PlayStation 4 2 minutes ago
- › Official DataSat RS20i thread. (Setup Tips, Questions,General Info,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony 65W850a reviews 3 minutes ago
- › Sharp LC-90LE657 90-inch LED 3D HDTV by Beemerphreak
- › Sharp HE LC-70UD1U 70-Inch Aquos 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart LED TV by Chad B
- › Toshiba 50L4300U 50-Inch Smart LED HDTV by quattroG
- › Panasonic TC-L58E60 58-Inch Smart LED HDTV by zepto
- › Control 4 - Hc-300c Home Controller C4-hc300c-e-b by aspoerri
- › Seaton Sound Catalyst 12C by Blackdevil77
- › Live Free or Die Hard [Blu-ray] by jlocice1
- › Onkyo Integra DTR7.9 by djpjwiesen
- › Dayton Audio RSS460HO-4 18" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 ohm by chasby
- › Sonos SUB Wireless Subwoofer (Gloss) by imagic
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars of... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Projectors from 2013 by skehoe
- › Top Blu-rays for 2013 by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 7 Blu-ray Players of 2013 by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 5 Plasma TVs of 2013 by skehoe
- › Ron's Amazing Upgraded HD Effect Pen Camera by rolgin28
- › Review Contest Terms & Conditions by SocialCapital