Any pros and cons using Tridef Vs Steroscopic Player for watching 3d movies?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Optoma HD33 HD3300 1080p 3D Projector Review Last post on 4/2/14 at 10:07pm in Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
- The Official Acer H9500BD Thread Last post on 4/4/14 at 6:35pm in Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
- Optoma HD66 - First 3D home theatre/gaming projector Last post on 10/27/13 at 4:53am in Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
- 3d Projector not showing 3d!!! (split screen) Last post on 1/31/13 at 1:26pm in 3D Tech Talk
- Cheaper alternative to Optoma 3DXL for HD66 and other DLP projectors Last post on 9/13/13 at 4:55am in 3D Tech Talk
AVS Buying Guide Central
Last edited: 12/20/13
- Projectors 101: AVS’ FavoritesLast edited: 10/5/12
- Innovative and Interactive LCD Projectors for Large RoomsLast edited: 9/11/12
LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens. - Page 75post #2221 of 23058/20/13 at 5:07am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2222 of 23058/20/13 at 8:43amQuote:well, the triedf still working in the 3D (no erros) but the virtual artefacts i cant see any more, the image is 3d but I see as 2d only.Quote:thank you!!Quote:my windows, bios, vga drivers and powerdvd is up to date.
and about 1280 no way with hdmi? the problem of 1024 is hard to set windows to play with this resolution with in 16:9.post #2223 of 23058/21/13 at 10:11pmpost #2224 of 23059/2/13 at 11:57pmpost #2225 of 23059/3/13 at 12:01ampost #2226 of 23059/3/13 at 12:23ampost #2227 of 23059/3/13 at 7:32amJust an update, Tridef player works well, i have movies working well without glitching. My solution was to buy the cheapest ATI 5000HD series card i could find (also only paid half price for tridef). Don't really play games any more but i will try one soon and give feedback. Also busy making a custom screen using blackout material, allot cheaper than buying a screen!post #2228 of 23059/20/13 at 3:06pmpost #2229 of 230511/6/13 at 11:42ampost #2230 of 230511/7/13 at 4:41ampost #2231 of 230511/11/13 at 12:50am
I just completed reading 80% of the posts and most of the posts are on the focus issue.I want to make a decision between PA70g and PB60G this week itself.The price difference between these two is 200$ in my country.My requirement is for a 100 inches screen for movies at night time.post #2232 of 230511/11/13 at 5:16amQuote:
It is hard to say how many units were unfocused, looking back on it.
In the beginning of the thread, we didn't understand the IMPORTANCE of correct alignment of PJ with the screen, and we NEVER asked people how they were setting it up when they first get unit.
If they ceiling mounted it or placed it on floor, or were too far to the left of center screen, etc.
Once I discovered "perfect focus" then you don't hear as much about focus issues. "Perfect focus" is when PJ is placed directly centered with center of screen, not to high or too low, or too far to right or left of center screen. This is for TESTING when you first get PJ. Place PJ 8 feet back, place it maybe 4-6 feet high depending on where the center of screen is.
Now, if you get left side of screen unfocused, then move the PJ, a foot to the right or left until the whole image is in "perfect focus". Same with upper screen out of focus , move the PJ a foot higher or lower until the both the upper and lower is in focus.
Now, once you test your PJ with this TEST! And you have "perfect focus", then you can mount on ceiling or where-ever, and the PJ will be slightly out of focus somewhere, which should be ok with everybody, because they realize that PJ is not centered with screen, and it's just a slight unfocus somewhere, if they repeated the "perfect focus" test, the PJ is fine. Make sense.
There is no lens shift with these LED PJ's, so proper placement for "perfect focus" is important. But in actual use, when watching movie, or playing game, slight soft focus in upper or to the left is not noticed with ceiling mount.post #2233 of 230511/11/13 at 6:42ampost #2234 of 230511/11/13 at 8:23amMy PA70G is still projecting a 150" image in medium lamp mode - in a fully light controlled room. Sharp as a tack especially when hooked up to OPPO player. My only wish is that it did full 1080p - but of course it was never designed to.
I have it on a tripod so it can be perfectly placed for focus. It's so light that a simple camera tripod does the job.
Edited by HTCrazy - 11/11/13 at 8:28ampost #2235 of 230511/13/13 at 8:19ampost #2236 of 230511/13/13 at 3:03pmpost #2237 of 230511/14/13 at 6:30pmpost #2238 of 230511/15/13 at 4:43amQuote:
I use an MK809 android device which uses a Rockchip 3066
There are newer devices which use the new Rockchip 3188
So In short it work, just hook it up to the hdmi and u get sound and picture.
I also use plex Media server on my pc, which keeps the transcoding processing of the dongle device.post #2239 of 230511/15/13 at 4:52ampost #2240 of 230511/15/13 at 7:53amQuote:
There's a 1/4"-20 threaded boss on the bottom of the projector. The tripod will have a 1/4"-20 threaded screw. The screw threads into the boss - it is that simple.post #2241 of 230511/16/13 at 12:54pmFor those interested in making your PA70G a little more like the pa75u, you can buy something like this.
I did and it works great. It is a tv over the air tuner and recording device. You plug antenna into back of unit. And use hdmi to plug into your pa70g. You can set up shows to record on usb hard drive. I did pick one up for about 35 dollars last week from newegg on sale. And have been testing it out the last few days. Works great. Maybe wait for sale.
I have homerun tuners , but you need pc with media center to get it to work.
So, this device is stand alone, you don't need pc or anything else. Another thing is that it can play movies avi/mp4 on it too. So think of it as cheap DVR and media player.
If you have cable tv, there is experimental firmware for QAM, but it's a hit or miss thing, since cable companies are removing them. So buy this device for OTA tv viewing and maybe experimenting with QAM. Ok, so you are not disappointed.
So the pa70g can play OTA tv stuff and record stuff cheap with this device.
(there are other versions of this device hitting the market, just check reviews, prices, to make sure USERS have good experience with it).post #2242 of 230511/16/13 at 2:15pmpost #2243 of 230511/17/13 at 6:55amQuote:
Yes, that works, I have hdmi into pa70g and on back of homeworx have red and white rca plugged into amplifier and it works no problems.
It has composite/component and hdmi on back of homeworx, so lots of OPTIONS. Also this device will work with any old style tv too, or any other hdtv or monitor that has hdmi or accepts component/composite.
I mean it is very cheap way to get stand alone dvr that comes with hdmi/composite/component outputs. And you can use memory stick or usb hard drive to record your stuff onto it.
If you guys were looking for wifi and all android apps and watching you tube and all that get one of those pc on a stick I discussed in the past , it works too. So really the pa70g can do it all , if you get those 2 devices except native 3d (only the pa75u can do 3d native movies). Although I did discuss and buy the 3d converter box for 30 dollars a number of months ago I discussed in this thread (it works but I didn't like it that much).
Personally, I get head-aches and eyestrain with 3d, maybe in future they will make it without glasses and it will work for me and not put too much strain on my eyes.post #2244 of 230511/17/13 at 11:56ampost #2245 of 230511/17/13 at 8:08pmpost #2246 of 230511/18/13 at 5:33amQuote:
You may have to enable the installtion of unsigned drivers, to get your current driver working
http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/post #2247 of 230511/20/13 at 5:45ampost #2248 of 230511/20/13 at 6:19ampost #2249 of 230511/24/13 at 9:53am
- LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Projectors 101: AVS’ Favorites
- › Master Burn-In/IR/Break In Thread Part II: All Posts Here Only 2 minutes ago
- › Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Upgrade time 9 minutes ago
- › Charlotte, NC - OTA 10 minutes ago
- › Sony 65W850a reviews 11 minutes ago
- › Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread 14 minutes ago
- › JBL Pro 3677 Have arrived!!! 14 minutes ago
- › Audio Setup and Layout (5.1 or 7.2) Help Needed 15 minutes ago
- › Owners thread Sony Hw55ES 21 minutes ago
- › Just got Polk 55t and need help matching 22 minutes ago
- › Mama [Blu-ray] by barelyderr251
- › The Proposal (+ Digital Copy) [Blu-ray] by barelyderr251
- › Klipsch RF-7 II Reference Series Flagship Floorstanding Speaker... by aromeo
- › Grand Theft Auto V by njskaguy33
- › VIZIO E400i-B2 40 Inch Smart LED HDTV by mckenna797
- › Panasonic VIERA TC-P55GT50 55 Inch Plasma TV by cheong8898
- › Panasonic DMPBDT230 Wi-Fi Blu-Ray Player by osmpony
- › Pioneer Channel AV Receiver VSX-1023-K by Hut23
- › Logitech 915-000194 Harmony Smart Control by scottsh
- › Roku 3 Streaming Player with Motion Remote by Ikarius
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe