or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens. - Page 2

post #31 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishari84 View Post

maybe they decided to male 2 versions instead of one.
price is very good, so i hope someone in USA buy it to compare it to HW300.

Do a google search. There is a video demo. The man says that a tuner version is planned and points to the back to show where the connectors will be.
post #32 of 2305
PB60G_de.pdf 310k .pdf file PB70G_de.pdf 439k .pdf file
cool.gif
post #33 of 2305
Can we order the PJ from Adorama or it is just pre order?
post #34 of 2305
I have fresh answer from the LG USA support:
Quote:
The HW600G is not scheduled to be released in the US however the PA70G was released the first week of June so it will take about 2 weeks to be available in stores.
post #35 of 2305
What is the difference between the HW600G and the PA70G?
post #36 of 2305
The only difference between the HW600G and the PA70G appears to be in the brightness rating.
600 lumens for the HW600G and 700 lumens for the PA70G.
post #37 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by obxbeachbum View Post

Hi I live in USA East Coast, Been watching these LED's for some time now, have never owned a Projector and want a LED. Kinda waiting for them to get the bugs out before I purchase since this will have to last a long time since I am financially embarrassed. AVS has been a huge help... thank you all very much ! Anywayz I’ve been googling the new LG's Vivitek Qumi and I happened to run across this site, does anyone know if this is really available and know the site in general ? If it is a reputable site ? This seems like a really decent price for what your getting
$799.99 Free Shipping
LG Electronics PA70G Portable HD LED Projector with 700 ANSI Lumens, 1280 x 800 WXGA Resolution, HDMI Port
http://www.adorama.com/LOPA70G.html
This one is cheaper then the Optoma LM500 ! $549.99 Free Shipping
LG Electronics PB60G Portable HD LED Projector with 500 ANSI Lumens, 1280 x 800 WXGA Resolution, HDMI Port
http://www.adorama.com/LOPB60G.html
http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=itemlist&cat1=Audio%20Visual&cat2=Multimedia%20Projectors%20%26%20Display%20Monitors&cat3=Multimedia%20Projectors&feature1=LG%20Electronics
Guys ? Gals am I missing something here ? I am really excited about the prices is this a hoax or what ?
Thanks !
cool.gif

adorama is 100% legit, it's been around for a long time and I have made many purchases there, great service, B&H photo is also great
post #38 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by garibay_2004 View Post

adorama is 100% legit, it's been around for a long time and I have made many purchases there, great service, B&H photo is also great

549.00 for the 500 lumens LG is a great price, specs says 10,000:1 contrast ratio, wonder if that's really true, only bad thing it doesn't have a HD tuner which I have come to love on my hw300t, if it's true 10,000:1 ratio I'd be tempted to buy:D
post #39 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishari84 View Post

maybe they decided to male 2 versions instead of one.
price is very good, so i hope someone in USA buy it to compare it to HW300.

yeah I hope so too, the 10,000:1 contrast ratio if true is the best of any of the current LED models from any company
post #40 of 2305
The PB60G is awfully similar in spec to the announced, but unreleased Qumi Q5
The PB70G is awfully similar in spec to the unannounced Optoma "ML-700"

(wink)
post #41 of 2305
Thread Starter 
Updated thread to reflect the correct name. Also, looking at the spec with ECO < 26 db I have a feeling that normal mode would be as loud as HW300g which in my view was not acceptable.
post #42 of 2305
this projector seems to be a good update from my Lg HS200 (that i'm still using and loving),
one thing is still not clear though on the 3d dlp link and i hope someone can answer my questions.
So to make 3d work i need 3d dlp link glasses and so far so good, then hook the projector to the
pc via VGA. will it work if i have "side by side" mkv movies and what kind of software do i need to use?
and how do i play videogames in 3d?
i tried Tridef software with my sony HMZ t1 and 3d with that program really sucks! Another question,
why can't they make the projector with the HDMI 1.4 so that the unit can accept signals from a bluray
or Ps3 with videogames? Another stupid question (sorry for my english), do u think i can use the
sony hmz-t1 box as pass through and get the 3d over the projector with hdmi ?
post #43 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by uanemabell View Post

this projector seems to be a good update from my Lg HS200 (that i'm still using and loving),
one thing is still not clear though on the 3d dlp link and i hope someone can answer my questions.
So to make 3d work i need 3d dlp link glasses and so far so good, then hook the projector to the
pc via VGA. will it work if i have "side by side" mkv movies and what kind of software do i need to use?
and how do i play videogames in 3d?
i tried Tridef software with my sony HMZ t1 and 3d with that program really sucks! Another question,
why can't they make the projector with the HDMI 1.4 so that the unit can accept signals from a bluray
or Ps3 with videogames? Another stupid question (sorry for my english), do u think i can use the
sony hmz-t1 box as pass through and get the 3d over the projector with hdmi ?

my guess is that the hardware to decode 3D would take too much space in the small case of these projectors, with DLP link, all the hardware is in your computer and/or dlp link 3D adapter, but it's just a guess. I sold my 300T in anticipation of the 600T, cause I wouldn't buy 720P led projector unless it comes with a built-in tuner, since I don't have a cable box. Im tempted just buy the optoma HD33 or just a huge 70" LED flat panel and be done with it
post #44 of 2305
HW350T???? my local frys is carrying a new model LG HW350T, anyone heard about it? I haven't been able to finds specs online. I know y'all want a brighter projector but I only wish for better contrast ratios. LG wouldn't release a copy of the HW300T with identical specs, would they???
post #45 of 2305
a new model with a tuner popped up on adorama, pb61u. I wish it was at least 500 lumens though and its only 1,024 X 768. Pretty weak! I would jump on the pa70g if it had a tuner.

http://www.adorama.com/LOPB61U.html
post #46 of 2305
Yes, but I've never had much use for an ASTC tuner... an ATSC tuner sure would come in handy though wink.gif
post #47 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2rx View Post

a new model with a tuner popped up on adorama, pb61u. I wish it was at least 500 lumens though and its only 1,024 X 768. Pretty weak! I would jump on the pa70g if it had a tuner.
http://www.adorama.com/LOPB61U.html

must be a misprint, I doubt LG or anyone else is going to design any new projector with an XGA chip, the description says WXGA, if that's the case, and it has 10,000:1
post #48 of 2305
Why can't LG in the United States be like LG in Germany? At least LG's german web site lists these various new models - there is zero info on the US web site.
Also, availability seem much better in Europe (Amazon.de, etc.) than here in the US.
post #49 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by danceswithgeckos View Post

Why can't LG in the United States be like LG in Germany? At least LG's german web site lists these various new models - there is zero info on the US web site.
Also, availability seem much better in Europe (Amazon.de, etc.) than here in the US.

Agreed, it has been like pulling nails to get info about these projectors for USA consumers. I have had to instead read German translations and u-tube videos. How about putting them up on their website and doing a bit of marketing of their new products. Also strange that only Adorama seems to carry the PA70G model. Does LG even want to sell these things?
post #50 of 2305
Not much use for small, portable, dim led pjs in America I think.Road warriors use something much brighter.
post #51 of 2305
according to the manual no 3d with 720p ... such a shame
post #52 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by indio22 View Post

Agreed, it has been like pulling nails to get info about these projectors for USA consumers. I have had to instead read German translations and u-tube videos. How about putting them up on their website and doing a bit of marketing of their new products. Also strange that only Adorama seems to carry the PA70G model. Does LG even want to sell these things?

I called adorama and spoke to some somewhat rude guy with a middle eastern accent, I was asking about the LG PB61U model, which in their website is listed as WXGA and 1024x768 ridiculous right? well, he admitted it was a misprint but he couldn't tell me anymore info and said it would take 3 weeks for delivery. Im telling you LG is better at keeping secrets than the obama white white house.
post #53 of 2305
LG PB61U...I called the geniuses at LG support and was told by some ghetto sounding dude with an education of a 3rd grader that the PB60U was not a U.S. model because it's not on their website. He proceeded to point out what they have HX300g and HX350t, I told him those models are 2 years old and he got pissy when told him to how much of a loser he was. Told me if I bought a projector from Adorama they will not honor the warranty because it's illegal to sell foreign products in the U.S. and that Adorama is breaking the law. What a hostile bunch of dirt bags mad.gif
post #54 of 2305
google and a tiny bit of ingenuity is your friend... the german lg site has a page up for the PA70G, and even has an English user manual for download:
http://www.lg.com/de/it-produkte/beamer/LG-led-beamer-PA70G.jsp

in short, it is indeed native WXGA, but only supports XGA 120Hz Frame Sequential in 3D.
post #55 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by garibay_2004 View Post

I called adorama and spoke to some somewhat rude guy with a middle eastern accent, I was asking about the LG PB61U model, which in their website is listed as WXGA and 1024x768 ridiculous right? well, he admitted it was a misprint but he couldn't tell me anymore info and said it would take 3 weeks for delivery. Im telling you LG is better at keeping secrets than the obama white white house.

Lol, thanks for trying. I've been skeptical about some of the info/photos on the Adorama site and the availability. Been satisfied with my LG LCD TV, but seems like they have dropped the ball in terms of the US marketing of these new projectors. But they got the German market cornered with their "beamers". wink.gif
post #56 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougri View Post

google and a tiny bit of ingenuity is your friend... the german lg site has a page up for the PA70G, and even has an English user manual for download:
http://www.lg.com/de/it-produkte/beamer/LG-led-beamer-PA70G.jsp
in short, it is indeed native WXGA, but only supports XGA 120Hz Frame Sequential in 3D.

Google what is that? Yeah, there is the German sourced info/specs along with various videos on YouTube in German. But I would like to purchase an LED projector this summer here in the USA, so it would be nice to know exactly which of the models will be offered here, when they will be offered, and hopefully get some independent writups on the offerings. I think part of the problem with the new LG models (and possibly the new Qumi Q5), is that (from what I read) there were some issues involved with components, and so perhaps that threw things off in terms of getting the various parts of the organizations aligned for a strong product release.

The sudden availability of the models on the Adorama site with some bad data/product photos has muddied the waters. (And turns out based on info from garibay, the projectors are not really available right now from Adorama but in several weeks.) Bottom line - regardless of what is on a foreign site or proposed releases, it would be nice to get some solid info from LG for the USA market. Instead it has been a slow drip of info.
post #57 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by indio22 View Post

Google what is that? Yeah, there is the German sourced info/specs along with various videos on YouTube in German. But I would like to purchase an LED projector this summer here in the USA, so it would be nice to know exactly which of the models will be offered here, when they will be offered, and hopefully get some independent writups on the offerings. I think part of the problem with the new LG models (and possibly the new Qumi Q5), is that (from what I read) there were some issues involved with components, and so perhaps that threw things off in terms of getting the various parts of the organizations aligned for a strong product release.
The sudden availability of the models on the Adorama site with some bad data/product photos has muddied the waters. (And turns out based on info from garibay, the projectors are not really available right now from Adorama but in several weeks.) Bottom line - regardless of what is on a foreign site or proposed releases, it would be nice to get some solid info from LG for the USA market. Instead it has been a slow drip of info.

thanks for speaking up for me, haha, I'll tell you LG has to be the worst company when it comes to marketing projectors, and tech support is horrendous, as everyone knows already, but I can't say I don't enjoy calling them and asking them about their projectors and then telling them how ignorant and clueless they are. I sold my 300T because I wanted to upgrade to something with better contrast, but it must have a built-in tuner, so my options are limited, 350T or PB61U, and from I gather, the 350T has identical specs as the 300T, so I guess I'll wait until someone buys the PB61U and shares his/hers findings or LG gets off their asses and post some real specs.
post #58 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by garibay_2004 View Post

thanks for speaking up for me....

apologies if that seemed like an attack... not intended that way. I'm lost in the dearth of information on the new LG and Acer led & led/laser projectors and inadvertantly got the two confused in posting the manual. I too talked to LG US support (last week) and was told it was not a U.S. model and would not be covered under warranty. LG is a funny company in the U.S. I am extremely happy with the LG products I own (a washer/dryer pair & a 55LHX), but their product rollouts (especially in electronics) are haphazard at best. The 55LHX is a fantastic television that they never really advertised, had no marketing, and was basically hung on walls in Magnolia/Best-buy, hoping people would notice it and praying guys making $10 per hour would read the manual to set it up properly. The guys in the store were steering me toward 1st gen edge-lit samsungs and 5-yr old sony technology... said they had a better picture wink.gif
post #59 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougri View Post

apologies if that seemed like an attack... not intended that way. I'm lost in the dearth of information on the new LG and Acer led & led/laser projectors and inadvertantly got the two confused in posting the manual. I too talked to LG US support (last week) and was told it was not a U.S. model and would not be covered under warranty. LG is a funny company in the U.S. I am extremely happy with the LG products I own (a washer/dryer pair & a 55LHX), but their product rollouts (especially in electronics) are haphazard at best. The 55LHX is a fantastic television that they never really advertised, had no marketing, and was basically hung on walls in Magnolia/Best-buy, hoping people would notice it and praying guys making $10 per hour would read the manual to set it up properly. The guys in the store were steering me toward 1st gen edge-lit samsungs and 5-yr old sony technology... said they had a better picture wink.gif

haha, nah no worries, it's all in good fun, it's always nice to hear from other who share the love of electronics. I was given an LG tv last year 55lv5500 and loved until I tried using the HD tuner running it straight from my basic cable. non hd channels were ok but hd channels break up at any slight motion, totally unwatchable. LG finally agreed to send some local tech to check it out and the poor guy didn't even know how to work the remote. without any testing whatsoever told me it was a weak signal, I showed him the other tv's running from the same cable displaying HD just fine, but he said they were a different brand, I threw him out of my house. so LG refused to repair unless I had a notarized letter from the cable company stating the signal was strong enough, so that was that. loved my LG projector but I don't expect any customer support if I ever run into any problems. I have a horror story about a projector I sent in for software upgrade, but that another story.biggrin.gif
post #60 of 2305
(Sry for my english)

Since today im a owner of the PA70G

I made some vids for youtube here is the 1st one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpR_wgPlyRk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

My personal Opinion:the pa70g is brighter then the HW300
But not so much that i can say its worth to buy it

In the brithes mode the brithness is good but the pa70g is in this
Mode toooooo loud

I wil give the pa70g back to my shop because my hw300 is good enough
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens.