or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens. - Page 18

post #511 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuro View Post

You cannot honestly use the word “drama” to describe someone else’s experiences and then backtrack to say that you are only talking about your experiences.
Furthermore, you change the conditions to talk about perfection-a goal heretofore not sought. That is another characteristic of dishonesty-changing the subject.
I had four projectors collocated and projecting on the same screen: two LG HW300Ts, one LG PA70G and an Epson HC 720. I owned two GE CRT projectors before that.
I have no idea under what circumstances you viewed your projector(s). But I stand by my rational and accurate description of the PA70G: it is fundamentally flawed. The picture was not as evenly focused as the HW300Ts that I had sitting beside it and on of it. That lack of even focus was distracting. That observation is shared by others who owned/own the projector.
Please realize that the world does not revolve around your projector(s). I did not. It is not drama. It is simply a fact.

Your tone is very dramatic. Not your experiences.

I never once changed the subject, but I did insinuate that you were potentially "nitpicking" and blowing flaws out of proportion based on my own experience. Maybe your unit was much worse than mine, in which case, it wouldn't surprise me given the quality control most consumer electronics undergo.

I might also remind you that the world does not revolve around your projector(s). You've had a chance to (repeatedly) air your grievances about the PA70G. We get it, it doesn't measure up in your eyes. But please stop polluting this thread with the same vitrol.
post #512 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS13 View Post

Leave it up to AVS Forum guys to smother on the drama. tongue.gif
A very slightly out of focus portion of the screen is not viewing from normal viewing distances. At least on my projector. Watched a few movies with subtitles with no issues. Mine is only a bit out of focus on the very lower right edge, which even with text down there (like the Windows clock/date) is not very noticeable until you get within a few feet. It's still perfectly viewable at normal distances. Then again, not all units are made the same even at triple or quadruple the price of the PA70G.
Never had a headache from watching it. Maybe all that drama is going to your brain? wink.gifbiggrin.gif

I have found PA70G ownership rather bizarre. Not from actually using the projector - it has been a nice purchase, and for nearly two months has provided a lot of fun in my household. Rather, it has been some of the strange comments on the web about it, curiously often from non-owners. I had a non-owner at the Slickdeals web site get offended at me for commenting on some stuff he was writing about it. And I recall someone on a different thread here at AVS, accused a PA70G owner of being a person planted by LG for making some positive comments, lol.

For my part, I purchased the PA70G for particular reasons. I wanted an LED light source projector with reasonable brightness, so it could act as a primary display device in my household, subject to many hour usage from persons who could not be counted on to baby the bulb. Like any product, I was willing to accept some other lesser qualities, so long as the impact in usage was low. Admittedly, I wouldn’t confuse the PA70G for a 1080p non-diagonal pixel model especially in terms of text display, and would also like to see higher quality optics in these LED projectors. But for the $450 I paid - really I can't complain much.

My kids just now got home from school and fired up Assassins Creed on the PA70G while I am typing this. I asked them if they would rather I move the Xbox back to the TV, or leave it on the PA70G. The answer was emphatic - leave it on the PA70G. I understand for some people, the PA70G is legitimately not the projector based on their needs. But good luck anyone trying to convince my household it is no good, lol.

(Note: I am not discounting commenter Obscuro's experiences, since he actually did own the PA70G. But I will say the projector is not making my household members sick.)
post #513 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by indio22 View Post

I have found PA70G ownership rather bizarre. Not from actually using the projector - it has been a nice purchase, and for nearly two months has provided a lot of fun in my household. Rather, it has been some of the strange comments on the web about it, curiously often from non-owners. I had a non-owner at the Slickdeals web site get offended at me for commenting on some stuff he was writing about it. And I recall someone on a different thread here at AVS, accused a PA70G owner of being a person planted by LG for making some positive comments, lol.
For my part, I purchased the PA70G for particular reasons. I wanted an LED light source projector with reasonable brightness, so it could act as a primary display device in my household, subject to many hour usage from persons who could not be counted on to baby the bulb. Like any product, I was willing to accept some other lesser qualities, so long as the impact in usage was low. Admittedly, I wouldn’t confuse the PA70G for a 1080p non-diagonal pixel model especially in terms of text display, and would also like to see higher quality optics in these LED projectors. But for the $450 I paid - really I can't complain much.
My kids just now got home from school and fired up Assassins Creed on the PA70G while I am typing this. I asked them if they would rather I move the Xbox back to the TV, or leave it on the PA70G. The answer was emphatic - leave it on the PA70G. I understand for some people, the PA70G is legitimately not the projector based on their needs. But good luck anyone trying to convince my household it is no good, lol.
(Note: I am not discounting commenter Obscuro's experiences, since he actually did own the PA70G. But I will say the projector is not making my household members sick.)


Same to me, I can not complain anything about the LGPA70G which I paid $500. My wife and I like it.
post #514 of 2305
I think it's somewhat amusing that a year ago the HW300T was all the rage, with tons of activity and interest. Yet from my side by side comparison, the PA70G blows it out of the water with a large increase in brightness.

Seems as though as the lines between "portable" and "HT" projector blur with the new LED jobbers, there's an even stronger opinion about them and the "usual" LED PJ problems.
post #515 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS13 View Post

Your tone is very dramatic. Not your experiences.
I never once changed the subject, but I did insinuate that you were potentially "nitpicking" and blowing flaws out of proportion based on my own experience. Maybe your unit was much worse than mine, in which case, it wouldn't surprise me given the quality control most consumer electronics undergo.
I might also remind you that the world does not revolve around your projector(s). You've had a chance to (repeatedly) air your grievances about the PA70G. We get it, it doesn't measure up in your eyes. But please stop polluting this thread with the same vitrol.

I have no idea if you understand what you are writing. I have had only one position on the the PA70G: it does not focus evenly over significant portions of the screen. As a projector that is its primary function.

You speak of perfection: a distraction (and a change of subject)
You speak of vitriol: a misuse of a word describing a commonly made observation of the PA70G.
You describe my tone as dramatic: yet my tone its measured, accurate and directed at your inability to limit your comments to your projector.
You consider my comments pollution: well you are entitled to that ill informed perspective.
You imply that I am "now potentially" nitpicking: clearly you don't know what that word means. (Here's a hint it is NOT an accurate description of the failure of a primary function of a device or system.)
You speak for others: "We get it". Well, I do not think you do. You can not speak for others, especially me.
You condescend: "Maybe your unit was much worse than mine". I wasn't comparing it to your unit. I was comparing it to three other projectors in real time.

I direct my comments to you because you are making a mockery of intelligent discussion. I have only spoken of my experiences in a forum dedicated to that purpose. If you discuss just your experiences then I would not feel the need to comment. But you direct comments ("maybe") about my experiences simply shows a lack of maturity.

And you try to present your experience as common. That is dishonest. You have not presented evidence that the lack of even focus is the exception rather than the rule.

And though you mention subtitles in movies, I require them because there is too little enunciation movies (try figuring out what Tatum Channing is saying then you will appreciate subtitles).

Finally, I purchased the monitors as multi-purpose displays. Two are connected to my computers. I have the "imperfect" HW300Ts as a standard. You cannot use the PA70G as a computer monitor. EOL
post #516 of 2305
Yet more drama.


I think there are near a dozen posts in this thread of you explaining your views of the "shortcomings" of the PA70G. When will we reach the magic number where you stop trying to convince everybody else that your viewpoint is correct, and everybody else's is wrong?


We get it... you can let it go anytime now.
post #517 of 2305
i think it is very helpful for a potential customer to hear about problems other customers had with THEIR unit. so if someone however buys the unit, he knows there could be a problem. if he live with the problem, return the unit or send in in for repair is another story. it is fine too if someone says for the price he doesnt expect to have a flawless focus of the picture. but it is not fine if he states, someone whos expecting an even focus is just nitpicking. for me it is unrelevant how much i have paid for a product. if it has a flaw which is in some way detracting from usage, then it is going to be returned. so i guess the satisfaction with a product always depends on the individual scenario of usage and in some degree the personal attitude of what quality standards are exceptable.
post #518 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis_bickle View Post

i think it is very helpful for a potential customer to hear about problems other customers had with THEIR unit. so if someone however buys the unit, he knows there could be a problem. if he live with the problem, return the unit or send in in for repair is another story. it is fine too if someone says for the price he doesnt expect to have a flawless focus of the picture. but it is not fine if he states, someone whos expecting an even focus is just nitpicking. for me it is unrelevant how much i have paid for a product. if it has a flaw which is in some way detracting from usage, then it is going to be returned. so i guess the satisfaction with a product always depends on the individual scenario of usage and in some degree the personal attitude of what quality standards are exceptable.

What really bothered me about the PA70G was that it had such a beautifully saturated picture that I did not want to return it. After all, I enjoyed it most of the first Saturday with just eye fatigue (I did not realize that I had a problem until later in the evening).

The final straw for me was the menus. When I returned unit I was asked how was I going to pay the restock fee. I told the assistant that I would keep the unit if she could focus all three on screen menus at once (the info bar across the top, the main menu to the left and the quick menu on the right of the screen). I even offered to have just two areas in focus.

She asked the manager about waiving the restock fee. The manager said yes. But the implication was that the manager could have said no. So just to find out if I could "live" with the uneven focus I could have been charged a hefty 15% "learning" fee!

If there were no restocking fee then I would have had a different reaction to having my observations described as nitpicking. I come to these forum to learn about others experiences. I would want to know if there is a problem that could cost me money just to see if I could "live" with it.
post #519 of 2305
Buying a new car and when driving off the car lot the wheels fall off is not a option that anyone should pay for to return it back to the dealer.
If there is a legitimate manufacture defeat in the item there should never be any restock fees associated with it.... never...
post #520 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPProjectorfan View Post

Buying a new car and when driving off the car lot the wheels fall off is not a option that anyone should pay for to return it back to the dealer.
If there is a legitimate manufacture defeat in the item there should never be any restock fees associated with it.... never...

In theory I concur. But as my previous exchanges with another forum member show in practice "not so much". Were he/she the manager with the attitude that even focus is "nit picking" then I would have had to pay the fee. Or get into a heated discussion. And judging from his/her attitude, I would have lost.
post #521 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuro View Post

In theory I concur. But as my previous exchanges with another forum member show in practice "not so much". Were he/she the manager with the attitude that even focus is "nit picking" then I would have had to pay the fee. Or get into a heated discussion. And judging from his/her attitude, I would have lost.

Nice job of putting words in my mouth...

I clearly stated that your projector probably had worse focus issues than mine. I use "probably" because I haven't seen your projector in operation, it is not a "dishonest" word as you would term it.

My focus issues that I can tell are that the screendoor pattern between the pixels gets slightly less defined, mainly in the lower right corner. It sounds like yours was far worse. In which case I'd call it defective. So yes, BUDGET PRICED CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SOMETIMES HAVE DEFECTS WHEN NEW!!! Sometimes they're harder to notice than say, a focus problem, but they're there.



Even expensive projectors have some degree of focus uniformity drop off (after all, they're just lenses, and no lens is "perfect"). At the upper end it's so minor that you can essentially not tell at our projection sizes, but at the lower end you end up with cheaper, more mass produced lenses that tend to have varying degrees of focus uniformity problems (and CA).


Would I like for my PA70G to have 100% perfect focus uniformity? Yes. Do I expect it to? Not really. How much am I willing to put up with? If I can't tell at a normal viewing distance watching video (my primary usage) that it's out of focus, I think it's good enough for me. If you don't feel that way with your particular projector, I don't fault you returning it. I would return it as well.

Now if you can only tell you have focus uniformity issues looking at text from 6" away from the screen, and then return the projector, then yes, I'd call that nitpicking (as I hope others would as well).



I know I'm going to be made out to be the evil "love this projector or else!" boogieman despite that being 100% opposed to what I'm saying, but I think we've beat this to death and then some...
post #522 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPProjectorfan View Post

Buying a new car and when driving off the car lot the wheels fall off is not a option that anyone should pay for to return it back to the dealer.
If there is a legitimate manufacture defeat in the item there should never be any restock fees associated with it.... never...

For me, it's more like one wheel having 0.001" of radial runout when new, and the manufacture stating that 0.0015" of runout is the upper limit of spec. It obviously met their QC procedure, but you feel the slightest bit of vibration on the highway at a certain speed.

Is it defective? That's a grey area, as nothing is PERFECT. Is it a problem for YOU is the question you must ask yourself.



Maybe I just have a different view on things since I've been involved in the design, manufacture, and QA of highly complex equipment, so I know a bit about the behind the scenes bits.
post #523 of 2305
How about a picture of all this distortion you members are talking about instead of he
said:rolleyes: Some people look for informative information that will aid in there
decision to purchase or not.
post #524 of 2305
LG PA70G vs Acer K330









post #525 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1292 View Post

How about a picture of all this distortion you members are talking about instead of he
said:rolleyes: Some people look for informative information that will aid in there
decision to purchase or not.

There can be a lot of variables making web photos somewhat unreliable. But with that said, I noticed some recent photos in this thread that might be of interest:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1423294/lg-pa70g-or-acer-k330#post_22457646

Edit: donik beat me to it - those are the photos he posted above.
post #526 of 2305
Donik, thanks for the pictures.

Can you please share with me what settings (energy saving mode, contrast, brightness, gamma, color and etc...) you are running the PA70g under?

I am still looking for someone to share their calibrated settings to use as a starting point.
post #527 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin2b View Post

Donik, thanks for the pictures.
Can you please share with me what settings (energy saving mode, contrast, brightness, gamma, color and etc...) you are running the PA70g under?
I am still looking for someone to share their calibrated settings to use as a starting point.

hey, I am not Donik, but I have LG PA70G too, I use the following settings:
Contrast: 91
Brightness: 52
V sharpness: 40
H sharpness: 40
Color: 52
Tint: 0
Expert control
Color temperature: medium
Black level: high
post #528 of 2305
Honzik, what size screen are you projecting to?
post #529 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by reybie View Post

Honzik, what size screen are you projecting to?
180cm which is 70 inches
post #530 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honzik1 View Post

hey, I am not Donik, but I have LG PA70G too, I use the following settings:
Contrast: 91
Brightness: 52
V sharpness: 40
H sharpness: 40
Color: 52
Tint: 0
Expert control
Color temperature: medium
Black level: high

Thanks, Honzik1. Do you happen to tweak the Red & Green settings? Both red and green still looks a bit "radioactive" to me....
post #531 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin2b View Post

Thanks, Honzik1. Do you happen to tweak the Red & Green settings? Both red and green still looks a bit "radioactive" to me....

No, you should check color settings in Windows, it has influence on color projector output!
post #532 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honzik1 View Post

No, you should check color settings in Windows, it has influence on color projector output!

Thanks Honzik1.

Forgot to mention, I currently have it hooked up to AppleTV and Roku XS via hdmi, instead of a computer, guess I will have to wait for someone that has it tweaked to simliar setup.
post #533 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin2b View Post

Thanks Honzik1.
Forgot to mention, I currently have it hooked up to AppleTV and Roku XS via hdmi, instead of a computer, guess I will have to wait for someone that has it tweaked to simliar setup.

Me too, I currently have it hooked up to AppleTV and Roku XS via hdmi.. Please share your settings. thanks
post #534 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin2b View Post

Thanks, Honzik1. Do you happen to tweak the Red & Green settings? Both red and green still looks a bit "radioactive" to me....

Go into the Advanced Control Menu. Adjust the "White Peaking" to your preference. That control (lacking on my HW300T) is what makes the PA70G give a stunning picture.

Since calibration is not static you may want to look at this link: http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration

I extracted five files to help with quick adjustments: 1-Black Clipping, 2-APL Clipping, 3-White Clipping, 4-Flashing Color Bars, and 5-Sharpness & Overscan. You should be able to get great results in seconds in most lighting conditions (if you keep your image size under the recommended 100 inches.)
post #535 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuro View Post

Go into the Advanced Control Menu. Adjust the "White Peaking" to your preference. That control (lacking on my HW300T) is what makes the PA70G give a stunning picture.
Since calibration is not static you may want to look at this link: http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration
I extracted five files to help with quick adjustments: 1-Black Clipping, 2-APL Clipping, 3-White Clipping, 4-Flashing Color Bars, and 5-Sharpness & Overscan. You should be able to get great results in seconds in most lighting conditions (if you keep your image size under the recommended 100 inches.)

Obscuro,

"I extracted five files to help with quick adjustments: 1-Black Clipping, 2-APL Clipping, 3-White Clipping, 4-Flashing Color Bars, and 5-Sharpness & Overscan. You should be able to get great results in seconds in most lighting conditions (if you keep your image size under the recommended 100 inches.)"

Would you explain and instruct me how to do this since I am a novice user.

Thanks,

Phil-
post #536 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdo2006 View Post

Obscuro,
"I extracted five files to help with quick adjustments: 1-Black Clipping, 2-APL Clipping, 3-White Clipping, 4-Flashing Color Bars, and 5-Sharpness & Overscan. You should be able to get great results in seconds in most lighting conditions (if you keep your image size under the recommended 100 inches.)"
Would you explain and instruct me how to do this since I am a novice user.
Thanks,
Phil-

I have to make a few assumptions because novice user is pretty general but here goes:
1. Download the "MP4 (.7z)". A link is located in "DOWNLOAD" section link above.
2. Extract it. The default folder is "MP4-2c"
3. Copy "\MP4-2c\Basic Settings\1-Black Clipping ... 5-Sharpness & Overscan" to your desired playback folder.
4. Use a mp4 player and play the files for quick calibration.

5. Reset you Custom Setting on the Projector to Default... and make sure your video card is also at default. It has been a while so I do not remember the proper terms.
6. Play the Black Clipping (directions included on video) using Brightness.
7. Play the White Clipping and use contrast to adjust.
8. Play the flashing color bars. (I use my eye for a quick adjustment) but while I am playing the color bars I use the blue colour file (advance controls) and make sure that the complementary flashing bars are the same colour and intensity. I could not get the yellow just right without a lot of work and even then it really was not worth.
9. Play the Sharpness and overscan. Sharpness is self explanatory. But the overscan can be tricky when trying to figure out which "aspect ratio setting" to use on the projector.

10. Be aware that if you set calibrate the projector that you will have to do it twice because there are TWO memories for each custom setting: a 16:10 memory and a 16:9. So if you set the projector to 1080i/720p after watching a 1280x800 (16:10) image then the projector will automatically go to the 16:9 setting.

11. I believe that the extra video processing possible with plugins to software media players will allow you to get a great picture. But some are difficult to use. The biggest bang for the buck is any program plug in that allows you control over the video output levels because you can make subtle changes in the the dynamics of your source material. For example, dark scenes are crushed in horror movies but you can compromise with level controls to pull details out of the shadows.

The reason I mention this is because one under used feature of the LG projectors is the internal playback. It is better than most software programs I tried.

I hope that this helps.
post #537 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuro View Post

I have to make a few assumptions because novice user is pretty general but here goes:
1. Download the "MP4 (.7z)". A link is located in "DOWNLOAD" section link above.
2. Extract it. The default folder is "MP4-2c"
3. Copy "\MP4-2c\Basic Settings\1-Black Clipping ... 5-Sharpness & Overscan" to your desired playback folder.
4. Use a mp4 player and play the files for quick calibration.
5. Reset you Custom Setting on the Projector to Default... and make sure your video card is also at default. It has been a while so I do not remember the proper terms.
6. Play the Black Clipping (directions included on video) using Brightness.
7. Play the White Clipping and use contrast to adjust.
8. Play the flashing color bars. (I use my eye for a quick adjustment) but while I am playing the color bars I use the blue colour file (advance controls) and make sure that the complementary flashing bars are the same colour and intensity. I could not get the yellow just right without a lot of work and even then it really was not worth.
9. Play the Sharpness and overscan. Sharpness is self explanatory. But the overscan can be tricky when trying to figure out which "aspect ratio setting" to use on the projector.
10. Be aware that if you set calibrate the projector that you will have to do it twice because there are TWO memories for each custom setting: a 16:10 memory and a 16:9. So if you set the projector to 1080i/720p after watching a 1280x800 (16:10) image then the projector will automatically go to the 16:9 setting.
11. I believe that the extra video processing possible with plugins to software media players will allow you to get a great picture. But some are difficult to use. The biggest bang for the buck is any program plug in that allows you control over the video output levels because you can make subtle changes in the the dynamics of your source material. For example, dark scenes are crushed in horror movies but you can compromise with level controls to pull details out of the shadows.
The reason I mention this is because one under used feature of the LG projectors is the internal playback. It is better than most software programs I tried.
I hope that this helps.

I really appreciate a lot.
post #538 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuro View Post

I have to make a few assumptions because novice user is pretty general but here goes:
1. Download the "MP4 (.7z)". A link is located in "DOWNLOAD" section link above.
2. Extract it. The default folder is "MP4-2c"
3. Copy "\MP4-2c\Basic Settings\1-Black Clipping ... 5-Sharpness & Overscan" to your desired playback folder.
4. Use a mp4 player and play the files for quick calibration.
5. Reset you Custom Setting on the Projector to Default... and make sure your video card is also at default. It has been a while so I do not remember the proper terms.
6. Play the Black Clipping (directions included on video) using Brightness.
7. Play the White Clipping and use contrast to adjust.
8. Play the flashing color bars. (I use my eye for a quick adjustment) but while I am playing the color bars I use the blue colour file (advance controls) and make sure that the complementary flashing bars are the same colour and intensity. I could not get the yellow just right without a lot of work and even then it really was not worth.
9. Play the Sharpness and overscan. Sharpness is self explanatory. But the overscan can be tricky when trying to figure out which "aspect ratio setting" to use on the projector.
10. Be aware that if you set calibrate the projector that you will have to do it twice because there are TWO memories for each custom setting: a 16:10 memory and a 16:9. So if you set the projector to 1080i/720p after watching a 1280x800 (16:10) image then the projector will automatically go to the 16:9 setting.
11. I believe that the extra video processing possible with plugins to software media players will allow you to get a great picture. But some are difficult to use. The biggest bang for the buck is any program plug in that allows you control over the video output levels because you can make subtle changes in the the dynamics of your source material. For example, dark scenes are crushed in horror movies but you can compromise with level controls to pull details out of the shadows.
The reason I mention this is because one under used feature of the LG projectors is the internal playback. It is better than most software programs I tried.
I hope that this helps.

Few steps I still don't clear...
Before play the file, my computer must hook through a hdmi to the projector ?
I usually use a Roku to steam a video from Netflix. Does this calibration apply for this setup ?

I am sorry to ask these dummy questions.
post #539 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdo2006 View Post

Few steps I still don't clear...
Before play the file, my computer must hook through a hdmi to the projector ?
I usually use a Roku to steam a video from Netflix. Does this calibration apply for this setup ?
I am sorry to ask these dummy questions.

Hmmm... I like the question.

These are MP4 video files. I played them thru a HDMI switcher from my computers (file->computer->HDMI switcher->projector). But I can see no reason why you could not play them directly from or thru your Roku streamer (file->computer->roku->projector or file->roku->projector).

Or (I have not tried this) copy them to a USB device and play them directly from the PA70G (file->PA70G). The objective is to have a video reference tool to help adjust the projector.

The five files are 102 MB. They should fit easily on a thumb drive or SD card.
post #540 of 2305
Guys, can't we all just get along? I thought I would jump in here to give my belated input. The PA70 is my fourth LED PJ and my third LG. I jumped on it about two months ago with the Fry's $549 deal. You guys are lucky to have gotten it for $100 less! In my opinion, there is no better projector available in the $500 range. I would have to agree with what donik effectively sums up via his pics, that the PA70 is an overall better PJ than the K330 (I also own both). The K330 seems washed out in comparison. Best of all, the PA70 is almost silent on the medium setting whereas you can hear the K330 unless the content you are playing overwhelms it. Here are some screenies from different formats and I assure you that they don't do the PJ justice (taken from my HTC One X camera). I have a Boxee Box, a Roku 2 HD (2100X), a PC with a BR drive, and an HD tuner attached to it here in the Middle East. However, 90% of my viewing in Netflix on Roku (not shown in the screen shots below).

Delhi Belly 720p MKV


720x420 Apple MOV format encoded at 1536kbps/25fps

The Dark Knight DVD Rip (628x254)

The Flowers of War (SD on Vudu)


Snow White and the Huntsman (HD on Vudu)




Edited by monakh - 10/4/12 at 2:07am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens.