or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens. - Page 24

post #691 of 2305
The external power supply is kind of a bummer but it does have some clear advantages - Weight of the projector when mounted is less which makes it more stable on a tripod and less of a smash if it falls. No internal power supply should greatly reduce heat within the unit itself, extending life of the unit's internal components. Much easier to replace if the power supply dies.

I spent several hours last night watching dark spooky movies. I thought it performed very well with dark pictures. Black looks black to me. My guests were blown away. I have to admit I am seeing the red, green blue effect a lot more now that I've learned what to look for. My understanding is that it exists in all DLP projectors. I have yet to find any display - CRT, LCD (both TNS and IPS, CFL or LED backlit), etc, that doesn't have some imperfect aspect to it. Nothing's perfect yet, at least not at a price point I could afford. My love for this PA70G is not diminished. It's really an amazing projector. I wonder if it is capable of playing 3D movies from a bluray player? I have some 3D bluray discs I got for my computer's passive 3D display and they look great, it would be fun to try on the "big screen". Previous posts suggest this isn't possible due to the projector only supporting a low, useless resolution in 3D mode.
post #692 of 2305
You are right, and I agree with you, but one issue was remained me, compared to Qumi and Acer, it was font and text sharpness of LG.

However Qumi and Acer text sharpness firstly seems better, but I had to understand, these projectors don't use any algorithm to handle and smooth diamond pixels, but LG has, that's why I have to say, pictures quality of Qumi and Clones are a different story.

LG XD engine can dramatically increase black level, brightness, enhance edges, enhance colors, noise reduction and smooth diamond pixels. These reasons, LG picture quality is a different story, and overall result is better than others.

Example, on Windows XP, the fonts are very sharp, contrasted and we can easy recognize the pixels in the fonts, but when we use higher Windows, there is clear type technology and fonts are not too sharp, contrasted, but finally the result is much better for people, because we use the fonts for reading and not pixelating.

This projector has very good design, and I am very satisfied with her. smile.gif
Edited by tataniko - 10/29/12 at 12:36am
post #693 of 2305
Finally 3D 720p HD Ready Got it !

After some days playing, I achieved the most important 3D resolutions over VGA with custom timings and good picture quality.
I created a proper monitor.inf file for LG PA70G projector, and this time you can easily switch your projector into any 3D resolutions with any 120hz capable video card. Just easy.

Here are the supported 3D resolutions over VGA:
1024x768x120hz (factory timing)
1280x720x120hz (CRT custom timing) 720p@3D
1280x768x120hz (LCD custom timing)

At this time probably, we can use any 3rd party 3D controllers, 3D converters, and 3D media players in 720p@120hz resolution with a proper HDMI to VGA converter and DLP Link glasses.

Please post and share your experience on this forum, how it works LG PA70G with different brands on 720p3D with:
- HDMI to VGA 120hz converters,
- 3D controllers (3DXL, VP3D1, etc)
- 2D/3D converters (V3D, V3D-II, V3D-P, CMP-2DTO3DCONV, etc)
- 3D media players (Realtek 1186 based players, Sigma 8672 based players, etc)

Please check how it is works. Thank you and Enjoy!

Edit: Please check this post for 3D PC configuration:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1405666/lg-pa70g-led-1280x800-700-lumens/690#post_22577224

LgPa70gVga120.zip 1k .zip file
Edited by tataniko - 11/11/12 at 4:53am
post #694 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by displaylou View Post

Is anybody here will able to do a side by side comparison between LG PA70G & Qumi Q5? Please post a picture or video,

LOL! What ever happened to this: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1386478/vivitek-qumi-q5-led-1280x800/90#post_22359763:)
post #695 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manamb View Post

LOL! What ever happened to this: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1386478/vivitek-qumi-q5-led-1280x800/90#post_22359763:)



Haha... Just curious
post #696 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad473 View Post

trying to find a mount for my parents who have the LG. can anyone point me to an amazon/monoprice mount that would work? Thanks.

Anyone? Doesn't even have to be from those sites. I'm just not seeing any connections besides the single tripod screw on the bottom. How are people using/modifying projector mounts with this?
post #697 of 2305
I remember someone recommending using a security camera mouth for my LG HX300.
Is it being mounted from the ceiling ? book shelf ?
I did a search on Amazon and saw a few in the $ 5 -6 range.
Saw one with a long extension pole with 24-48 Inch Adjustable Tilt Swivel for $ 25.
It doesn't have to be a projector mount either.
Try searching the security camera mounts.
It looks like the screw for those security camera mounts will fit on those LG projectors.
post #698 of 2305
ANYONE thinks like next years LG LED mini projectors and others will come in 1080P?? I wanna jump on the LG PB601U but it's still 599.00 and won't come down even one cent, thinking about waiting for 2013 models, any predictions? give me some hope guys and gals:D
post #699 of 2305
Who knows really... But I'm willing to bet LED and 1080P will come at a bit of a price premium at the start compared to the current 720P price points.

I hope they start making them in more "permanent home theater" sized models to keep the noise down at higher brightness. Plus I imagine they'll eventually have to suck it up and move to the PT-120 LEDs to get the brightness up.
post #700 of 2305
I just discovered something interesting. One button I wish was on the remote control for this PJ is a direct button for the energy savings function. Whilst using the remote control for my digital TV tuner (Channel Master CM-7000) I pressed the Guide button for the TV channel schedule information and to my surprise a little box appeared from the projector that was in fact the energy settings. Pressing my TV tuner remote's Guide button toggles the settings on the projector between max, medium and minimum energy (lamp brightness) settings. What a freak discovery! Of course this means it could be easily added to a universal remote as well. I wonder why they included a remote signal for this function but excluded it on the remote?
post #701 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad473 View Post

Anyone? Doesn't even have to be from those sites. I'm just not seeing any connections besides the single tripod screw on the bottom. How are people using/modifying projector mounts with this?

I bought one of these VideoSecu mounts. I got one in white color to match my room's paint. It is all steel, very sturdy, comes with all mounting hardware and the extensions arms if you have a high ceiling. It is far cheaper than any other mount I found, is fully adjustable in every way and just altogether seems awesome. I can't believe the price of these compared to pretty much every other ceiling mount I looked at. It seems to be way better than the rest and far cheaper. If you don't want to do ceiling mounting then any camera tripod should be okay. I use a cheaper camera tripod when I take it to other locations to use and the ceiling mount for home.
post #702 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS13 View Post

Who knows really... But I'm willing to bet LED and 1080P will come at a bit of a price premium at the start compared to the current 720P price points.
I hope they start making them in more "permanent home theater" sized models to keep the noise down at higher brightness. Plus I imagine they'll eventually have to suck it up and move to the PT-120 LEDs to get the brightness up.

yeah, thanks for the comment, but 2 years of 720P one would guess is about all people can take, I don't need more than 500 lumen, Im using it in a small bedroom set up to stream netflix content, even 300 lumen is fine with me, but it would be nice to have a nice small LED 1080P projector under $700
post #703 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by virsat View Post

I just discovered something interesting. One button I wish was on the remote control for this PJ is a direct button for the energy savings function. Whilst using the remote control for my digital TV tuner (Channel Master CM-7000) I pressed the Guide button for the TV channel schedule information and to my surprise a little box appeared from the projector that was in fact the energy settings. Pressing my TV tuner remote's Guide button toggles the settings on the projector between max, medium and minimum energy (lamp brightness) settings. What a freak discovery! Of course this means it could be easily added to a universal remote as well. I wonder why they included a remote signal for this function but excluded it on the remote?

Ha, I accidentally discovered that yesterday too! My Tivo remote's channel up/down buttons also cycle the energy mode. Thought my PJ was possessed for a while there smile.gif
post #704 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsherpa View Post

Ha, I accidentally discovered that yesterday too! My Tivo remote's channel up/down buttons also cycle the energy mode. Thought my PJ was possessed for a while there smile.gif
Mayby there is the remote signal for service menu?
post #705 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honzik1 View Post

Mayby there is the remote signal for service menu?

What is serice mode and what options would you expect to see there?

I will try all my remotes on it. I also have an L5 remote module that attached to iPhone/iPod and can learn any signals as well as download hundreds of remotes from the L5 remote database cloud which I could try until I perhaps found one.
post #706 of 2305
I know that on some of the LG Passive 3D TVs, people were able to access the service menu and activate features via a checkbox that were available on higher priced models.

http://www.lg-hack.info/cgi-bin/sn_forumr.cgi?cid=2674&fid=2677&tid=2902

I do not think that will be the case with the PA70G, but who knows what you might find in there.

The thing with LG is that they tend to only allow access to the service menu via a service remote and not the supllied remote.
post #707 of 2305
is there any way to buy the service remote ?
post #708 of 2305
First you want to establish that you can not access it via the supplied remote.

Secondly, people getting into the service menus on their TVs were using universal/programmable remotes.

There are several threads on AVS forums about enabling functions on LG products, try reading through those?

I do not have a LG PA70G, I figured that someone like yourself would show a lil initiative and see if they could find a way to access the service menu with a lil push in what might be the right direction.

A few pages back, I posted a link to a source that has several access codes listed for supplied remotes, anyone try looking there?
post #709 of 2305
I don't have enough time to search for links and posts, but I'm sure there is someone out there who will read it all and report back.

here is my contrabution for the night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JIWJ1EVwZg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

found it on youtube, 43 minute review. its 1am so I don't have time to watch, hope its good.


edit: here is title of video

" The Geek Redneck reviews the LG PA70G
HD DLP LED Projector!
41:19 4 likes, 0
dislikes
28 views
MyRedneckLife
11/06/12"
Edited by uuddlrlrbass - 11/7/12 at 1:18am
post #710 of 2305
I am looking to buy PA70 but unfortunately my throwing distance is 14.5 Ft.

1. Can I invert this PJ on a ceiling
2. Is it advisable to throw at 14.5 ft?

Thanks in Advance.
post #711 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by darshanjoshi View Post

I am looking to buy PA70 but unfortunately my throwing distance is 14.5 Ft.
1. Can I invert this PJ on a ceiling
2. Is it advisable to throw at 14.5 ft?
Thanks in Advance.
1) Yes, sure. It has also G-sensor.
2) Well, it will be good for 100% dark, but I would prefer smaller screensize (< 250cm) which is visible in daylight.
post #712 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honzik1 View Post

1) Yes, sure. It has also G-sensor.
2) Well, it will be good for 100% dark, but I would prefer smaller screensize (< 250cm) which is visible in daylight.

Main use is in the Night. so Dark is not an issue.

As I calculate, it will project 140" Diagnolly which I also thought would be too big. I understand this PJ does not have zoom.

Casio has Zoom but prices are very high.
post #713 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by darshanjoshi View Post

I understand this PJ does not have zoom.
Casio has Zoom but prices are very high.

You must have to pay for the Casio's premium zoom..........If you were put this pj on the ceiling for home-theater use, you will need not the zoom of any projectors and you must be clever enough to set the right distance between the pj and the screen so will be able to get the right size to fill the screen.
post #714 of 2305
So has anyone used it with the VIP3D1 or Optoma 3D-XL for 3D Blu-Rays ?
post #715 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by tataniko View Post

At this time probably, we can use any 3rd party 3D controllers, 3D converters, and 3D media players in 720p@120hz resolution with a proper HDMI to VGA converter and DLP Link glasses.
Please post and share your experience on this forum, how it works LG PA70G with different brands on 720p3D with:
- HDMI to VGA 120hz converters,
- 3D controllers (3DXL, VP3D1, etc)]

Hi tataniko,
So are you saying that the following Combo might work to play 3D Blu-Rays on the LG PA70G without the use of a computer ?

1: LG PA70G projector
2: 3D Blu-Ray Player
3: Optoma 3D-XL
4: HDMI to VGA converter (LIKE THIS ONE)http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY-Audio-Converter-Support-Output/dp/B0057UNQ18/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
5: VGA cable, to connect the HDMI to VGA converter to the VGA port of the LG PA70G.

With the above Combo, would I not need to use the costom monitor inf file ? Is that correct ? The inf monitor file, is only needed when the Projector is used with a computer ?
Edited by The big picture - 11/10/12 at 10:01pm
post #716 of 2305
He can not comfirm whether it does or does not, he does not have a VP3D1 or 3D-XL.

I initially made the statement that either one may work earlier in the thead. The VP3D1 will work with the PLED-W500 when directly connected via HDMI or VGA with the VGA converter you linked, it's the one I use. I use the converter for when I'm away from home and need a way to get audio out since the PLED-W500 does not have an audio out. In the ML-500 thread a poster is using a similar converter with the 3D-XL and it works.

The question is, if you need to use glasses via the 3D-XL sync signal port output with something like the Monster Vision/Bit Cauldron glasses, since it's been stated that LG disables the DLP Link signal at 1280x720@120.

As far as the EDID he made/linked, it's incomplete. It's missing all of the extension data.

And no, you would not need custum monitor inf file with that set up.
post #717 of 2305
So are you saying there is a chance both the RF and DLP glasses won't work in this setup, since there will not even be a DLP signal coming from the projector ?
post #718 of 2305
I can confirm, 3D 1080p films work fine in smile.gif
- 1280x768@120hz (or 1280x720@120hz) through VGA.

Here is my basic 3D configuration to everybody for future reference (Ultrabook 12watts), which is good for 3D 1080p films experience:

############ 3D Configuration ############

PC Ultrabook:
- Intel ultra low voltage SU3500 1.4ghz single core CPU (5 watts)
- AMD Radeon 4330 GPU (7 watts)
- Windows 8 with default Radeon driver

Screen:
- 100" white/silver sun block plastic roll (15 USD)
- LG PA70G 3D projector through VGA in 1280x768x120hz

Sound:
- Built in speakers in LG PA70G projector
* Ultrabook 3.5mm audio out connected to projector 3.5 mm audio in (AV in) by cable

Codecs:
- Window 8 Codecs with LAV decoder
- LAV decoder configured:
* decode Xvid/Divx/Mp4v/Avi/Mkv/H.264/AVC
* use hardware decoder (Radeon) DXVA2 Copy Back method

Player:
- Stereoscopic player, configured:
* use LAV decoder for Mpeg4/AVC/MVC videos
* viewing method by Software page flipping

3D Active Glasses:
- FX-30 Universal active glasses (23 USD)
* bright, light weight, rechargeable, Left/Right control, auto off.

##########################################

I have no issues with this configuration, it is fine 3D picture quality and good for any 3D 1080p AVI/MKV/MP4 films. smile.gif




Keywords: VGA, 1280x768@120hz, DXVA2 Copy Back, Software Page flipping, Active glasses Left/Right control.
post #719 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by The big picture View Post

Hi tataniko,
So are you saying that the following Combo might work to play 3D Blu-Rays on the LG PA70G without the use of a computer ?
1: LG PA70G projector
2: 3D Blu-Ray Player
3: Optoma 3D-XL
4: HDMI to VGA converter (LIKE THIS ONE)http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY-Audio-Converter-Support-Output/dp/B0057UNQ18/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
5: VGA cable, to connect the HDMI to VGA converter to the VGA port of the LG PA70G.
With the above Combo, would I not need to use the costom monitor inf file ? Is that correct ? The inf monitor file, is only needed when the Projector is used with a computer ?

Hi,
Must have to work, but it is depending from proper HDMI to VGA converter.

Also you can use any cheap DLP Link 120hz active glasses well for this projector.

Custom monitor file is for PC setup only.

The LG PA70G is very good for 3D filming at 1280x768 with PC through VGA.

I don't believe the branded 3D DLP link glasses such optoma/xpand/acer/viewsonic/nvidia etc, have better quality than others, many of these are frequently:
- over priced,
- not rechargeable,
- not switchable L/R,
- too robust and heavy for wearing.


My experience and the most important glasses features are:
- light weight for noise comfort,
- Left/Right control for avoiding sync issue,
- bright lens,
- foldable,
- reasonable price,
- rechargeable battery, and
- auto off.
post #720 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by tataniko View Post

Screen:
- 100" white/silver sun block plastic roll (15 USD)
- [/I]


excuse me, did you just say 100" screen for 15 bucks???

where can I order from and how bad does it look?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens.