or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens. - Page 31

post #901 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by IP-Man View Post

My opinion is that LG have much to learn before they catch up with companies like Acer/Optoma/ViewSonic in projectors field. When I returned PA70G in store for replacement with a new Acer seller told me: nobody can produce ovens, TVs, washing machines and projectors simultaneously smile.gif

First thing first:

1. The clones Acer K330 have definitely a defective design, because they lead the heat over the lens, and the blue led has only passive cooling and it is not long live. LG doesn't.

2. Acer suffers from HDMI issue. LG doesn't.

3. Acer media player, speaker and remote capability are very poor. LG plays almost everything and has good features.

4. Acer remote control is poor. LG has full remote.

5. Acer is not support 1280*768@120hz 3D. LG has proper 1280*768/720p@120hz 3D through VGA.

6. Acer suffers focus issue, and user can not fix it only with lens replacement. LG focus issue is user fixable.

7. Lumens output of Acer is weak, user can easily recognize this weakness in 3D at 100". LG has almost acceptable brightness at 100" in 3D.

8. Acer can not change L/R in 3D on remote. LG can.

9. Acer fan noise is very loud even economy setting. LG doesn't.

10. Acer easily suffers from dust blobs. At the moment there is no such information about LG.

LG attained different level of multimedia and entertainment system than clones and other cheap HD Led projectors, with virtual surround, high lumen, noise reduction, edge enhancer, affordable price and good 3D capability.
Edited by tataniko - 12/8/12 at 11:01am
post #902 of 2305
Thank you Honzik1! smile.gif

You are opened a new chapter on the life of LG PA70G.

It is wonderful! wink.gif
post #903 of 2305
I'm thinking with the LG Pa70g we will be able to do firmware update via usb port!
I have a LG 42 inch tv in the other room and a few months ago I did update the firmware via usb and it has same type media player in it just like the PJ. I just plugged in the 32 gig memory stick in it that I made for the PJ and it worked. If I can update firmware with the LG tv, we should be able to update the PJ via usb in the future, meaning menu program and other stuff could be updated to include new codecs or bug fixes.

Now with the service menu, is anything useful that you have been able to figure out, did you have to change any of the values?
post #904 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgtaa View Post

I'm thinking with the LG Pa70g we will be able to do firmware update via usb port!
I have a LG 42 inch tv in the other room and a few months ago I did update the firmware via usb and it has same type media player in it just like the PJ. I just plugged in the 32 gig memory stick in it that I made for the PJ and it worked. If I can update firmware with the LG tv, we should be able to update the PJ via usb in the future, meaning menu program and other stuff could be updated to include new codecs or bug fixes.
Now with the service menu, is anything useful that you have been able to figure out, did you have to change any of the values?
No, I havent changed anything. What happens if you plug that USB flash drive with TV firmware to this projector?
post #905 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honzik1 View Post

No, I havent changed anything. What happens if you plug that USB flash drive with TV firmware to this projector?

I'm not that BRAVE!

It might be ok if it "asks you" if you want to update the firmware, in which case, we would know it could be updated. But if it just updated it without asking us , we could be screwed.

I believe when I did update the LG HDTV , it did ask the question and gave warnings, to make sure you have the right firmware.
post #906 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgtaa View Post

I'm not that BRAVE!
It might be ok if it "asks you" if you want to update the firmware, in which case, we would know it could be updated. But if it just updated it without asking us , we could be screwed.
I believe when I did update the LG HDTV , it did ask the question and gave warnings, to make sure you have the right firmware.
I am just interested if some window will show up when you plug USB drive in.
post #907 of 2305
I found, that there are more service menus like on this link:
http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/index.php/Hidden_service_modes_/_menus#Installation_menu

I am already in In-start menu and its interesting! Should I take pictures of this too?


Edited by Honzik1 - 12/8/12 at 12:45pm
post #908 of 2305
Quote:
I just got my LG 70G a few days ago, and I do have uniform sharpness across the whole image,

Well thats good I guess. My manufacture date is JUNE frown.gif so I guess if you get one from NOVEMBER you are ok. Has anyone tried contacting LG about fixing their uneven focus issue? I sent them an email a couple weeks ago and never heard back from them...
post #909 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honzik1 View Post

Service menu LG PA70G
I did it!!
What you have to do?
1) You need a Logitech harmony remote control:
http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/support/universal-remotes
2) Follow these instructions:
http://harmonylghack.wikispaces.com/
3) Password is: 0413
I tried to follow this tutorial which is for LG TVs and it worked! I used Logitech Harmony 525 for this.
]

Nice!

I tried to point people in the right direction to access the service manual earlier in the thread.

Since I do not have the PA70G to try it on, there wasn't much I could do.

tataniko might know a way to change the LED settings. I think he changed them on his K330 to see if he could get lower power consumption with good results.
post #910 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsforumun View Post

Well thats good I guess. My manufacture date is JUNE frown.gif so I guess if you get one from NOVEMBER you are ok. Has anyone tried contacting LG about fixing their uneven focus issue? I sent them an email a couple weeks ago and never heard back from them...

is there a way to see the build date without opening the box? I have a rain check from frys for the 399.00 price, i had returned the first one I got due to the uneven focus and I got lucky and didn't have to pay re-stocking fee, but I don't want to chance it again. I was thinking of getting the PB61U instead, but with coupons and a discounted price at BUYDIG it's still 520 something, but it has an HD tuner, if the the PA70 had a tuner I'd buy it in a heartbeat and could live with a bit of focus issue it has. but I may just wait until the next models come out next year. anyone wants my raincheck let me know:D
post #911 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel Dubiel View Post

You do not believe I've done the test Galaxy S2 via the keyboard choose * # 0 * and reboots test mode you choose SENSOR light sensor and then it acts as a Galaxy S2 Luxometer.and surprise surprise in the test about 1 meter away from the screen in the lower left corner is the result of 385 lux in the bottom right corner is 330 lux is testifies to the iris darkens the active field of the matrix and not the inactive areas.

Pawel, could you with your Galaxy S2 Luxometer to measure the actual static and dynamic contrast of LG PA70G? Use some as a checkerboard pattern with black and white squares, but also completely white and black background sequence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tataniko View Post

LG attained different level of multimedia and entertainment system than clones and other cheap HD Led projectors, with virtual surround, high lumen, noise reduction, edge enhancer, affordable price and good 3D capability.

Tataniko, I read your posts a lot on this forum and they are interesting. smile.gif
I also like you've experimented a lot with K330: reset calibration data, a complete disassembly of the device, etc.
And because I do not want to participate in an eternal debate, just want to share my view:
I think LG PA70G not meet the high specifications declared it on paper and in no way offers high image quality compared with clones.
post #912 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugrash View Post

tataniko might know a way to change the LED settings. I think he changed them on his K330 to see if he could get lower power consumption with good results.

Yes, I did on Acer K330 in Factory Menu.
Finally Acer K330 got a very low power consumption about 25 watts.

You have to play and change the Picture profile in setting Menu (Movie, Cinema, Standard, etc,) and simultaneously reset the LED setting in the Factory Menu ,

But be careful, because if you reset the LED setting in Factory Menu, you will lose the Factory calibrated fine values, and you will get the default values, so I do not recommend this.


I owned tree K330 before, loved very much and fully disassembled and tried all the hack, but finally I had give up the clones because I could not handle properly the dust blobs time to time. If dust blobs appear in LG PA70G, I will throw away sure.
Good luck.
post #913 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by IP-Man View Post

Tataniko, I read your posts a lot on this forum and they are interesting. smile.gif I also like you've experimented a lot with K330: reset calibration data, a complete disassembly of the device, etc. And because I do not want to participate in an eternal debate, just want to share my view: I think LG PA70G not meet the high specifications declared it on paper and in no way offers high image quality compared with clones.

Yes, you are right! The clones have better focus, and very good picture quality. This is not a question, and I always say for everybody, the clones are much sharper than LG.

But I have to say, my overall impression is good with LG, because my primary usage like a Television, with built in speakers, media player and 3D. Acer ability for multimedia is much worse than LG, that's why I have to say this Korean crap is almost like a TV, but the Taiwanese miracle is standing closer the business class.

But I have ask, which projector is perfect? Please don't forget, all projectors have some issues, there is no perfect, so we have much learn how can we live together with these problems and issues. This is like a relationship, because there is no perfect human being, so we have understand the others to live together with peace instead war. But if my projector accepts dust blobs inside, or my love accepts other male inside, I am sorry but I had change my Taiwanese love to Korean, because I could not live together dust blobs.
post #914 of 2305
tataniko, I really like your last post. Very well said! smile.gif
post #915 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by IP-Man View Post

tataniko, I really like your last post. Very well said! smile.gif

hahaha, so eventually we are always talking about women, life and death, secret of life, but we use a kind of modern terminology according our interest. It is very good, hahaha, thank you smile.gif
post #916 of 2305
So can anyone verify that the latest manufactured projectors don't have focusing issues, November and later?
post #917 of 2305
In the service menu, is there a way to turn on the 3D option? I have the vp3d1 connected to my ps3 n the lg pa70g and i am getting the.projector to display the shuttered image but since i havent enabled the 3D option on the projector the.glasses can not sync with the projector.

If i am able to enable the option in the menu, then i think the vp3d1 is an excellent device.
post #918 of 2305
Tataniko, this question is for you...... At 399.00 is the LG a good deal even with the focusing issues? I returned mine but I got a rain-check good for 30 days, my question is again, is 399.00 a fair price for a flawed projector? Or is it wiser to wait until next year, I'm so confused, I need a projector and need the advice
post #919 of 2305
Ive had the qumi q2 and now have the lg pa70g and i personally like the lg better then the qumi q2. they both have there faults but for 399 its definately a steal. the lg has double the lumens and better options then the qumi.

in my opinion the lg is a excellent projector for the.price.
post #920 of 2305
That's what I'm thinking, then when the 1080p models arrive I can sell the PA70 and upgrade, I want it mostly to stream Netflix thru my ipad, thanks for the advice
post #921 of 2305
I've had my LGPA70G for about a week now. I don't have any of the focus problems some have reported.
This is my setup:
Direct TV to Vulkano. (costs much less than a Slingbox, and uses wifi!)
Vulkano wifi's the video and audio to my router.
Wifi to my Kindle Fire HD 8.9
Kindle Fire HDMI to LG PA70G

The picture I get looks as good on the LG, as it does on my living room Zenith HD 64" CRT, IMO.

I just installed a FAVI 120" motorized screen, and at 12 feet, it fills the 120",. On a HD channel, it looks great.

I'm hoping someone comes out with a 3d Blu Ray player, that agrees with this PJ. (1024x768@120hz)

I paid $658 for it through an Amazon seller. The screen was $257 including shipping.
I tried Fry's, but in-store was the only option.
post #922 of 2305
Dahur, I could've saved you 200 dollars, as a matter if fact I still have a rain check for this projector for the sale price of 399, comes to 433 with tax, send yours back haha, I'm an amazon shopper, but lately frys has been beating amazon prices, I never thought I'd see that
post #923 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by garibay_2004 View Post

Tataniko, this question is for you...... At 399.00 is the LG a good deal even with the focusing issues? I returned mine but I got a rain-check good for 30 days, my question is again, is 399.00 a fair price for a flawed projector? Or is it wiser to wait until next year, I'm so confused, I need a projector and need the advice

LG PA70G is not a final solution:

- no native HD resolution
- no wireless connection
- no internet access
- no tuner
- weak (700lm) brightness for 3D
- no 3D conversion
- not good for text
- stereo speakers
- correct price (U.S. only)

This is similar specification like a HD ready 3D LED television years ago.

What should be a portable LED projector today:

- native 4K resolution
- wireless connection
- full internet access
- tuner
- 1500lm brightness for 3D
- 3D conversion
- good for text
- sound projecting
- correct price (worldwide)

This is what today technology can easily produces.
post #924 of 2305
tataniko
You have a good sense of humor and it took me a while to figure it out. I guess I should have seen it with your pic! smile.gif

My other PJ that is bulb based doesn't have tv tuner in it, or 4k, or internet connection or wireless, etc.

I believe you are right, it would be nice to have 4k, tuner, wifi, etc LED PJ for 399 price, but not this year. So comparing what is in the "real" world today, the LG PA70G is good deal for 399. (if you get one that has good focus) ! smile.gif
post #925 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by tataniko View Post

LG PA70G is not a final solution:
- no native HD resolution
- no wireless connection
- no internet access
- no tuner
- weak (700lm) brightness for 3D
- no 3D conversion
- not good for text
- stereo speakers
- correct price (U.S. only)
This is similar specification like a HD ready 3D LED television years ago.
What should be a portable LED projector today:
- native 4K resolution
- wireless connection
- full internet access
- tuner
- 1500lm brightness for 3D
- 3D conversion
- good for text
- sound projecting
- correct price (worldwide)
This is what today technology can easily produces.

no native HD resolution: 1280x800 is better than HD +1 for PA70G
no wireless connection: for what? for a laging picture streaming, no I dont want
no internet access: for what? without keyboard and mouse? No thanks, PC or notebook do best work for me.
no tuner: No thanks, tuner without possible customizations is stupid and uncomfortable
1500lm brightness for 3D: I dont like 3D much anyway but 700lm is good brightness and 1500lm isnt 2x brighter in fact because the eye senses brightness approximately logarithmically.
not good for text: well, I fixed my focus problem and text is nice to read it now so -1 for LG PA70G that optic is not well focused from factory.
correct price: its not your job to judge which price is correct because you dont know production costs of this model

What should be a notebook today:
CPU: 32 cores
RAM: 32GB
SSD: RAID 0 2x 1TB SATA III
GPU: Dual AMD 7990M
Display: 4K
Batery life: 15 hours
Price: 500$
biggrin.gif:D:D
post #926 of 2305
I have joined this forum because i imagine somebody has to have an answer for my question:

With all things taken into consideration about focusing issues and later revisions that behave better, is there any way to check the manufacturing date without opening the box? Since i don't have a fry's around i'm constrained to get it off eBay and i want to make sure i get a good sample.

Thanks guys
post #927 of 2305
Hey Honzik1,

In the service menu, do you see any options that pertain to the 3D Menu? (maybe under Sync or Projector Options)

The reason I am asking is I am looking to enable the 3D option on the projector but for some reason its not available even though the VP3D1 and projector is displaying a shuttered image. The VP3D1 worked great on my qumi and I was hoping it would do the same for the LGPA70g.

Also, I just wanted to point out that I think everyone is being a little to critical on this projector.
For the price its fantastic. 399 to 599 depending were you get it from. It may have some minor faults but even the more expensive ones have their fair of issues. It produces a nice picture and hopefully when I pair this with the Darbee Darblet it should produce an even better image.

I am using the projector with a 135 inch Da Lite 2.8 High Gain Screen so 3D movies should look great.
Edited by Sherazta - 12/10/12 at 10:05am
post #928 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by tataniko View Post

LG PA70G is not a final solution:
- no native HD resolution
- no wireless connection
- no internet access
- no tuner
- weak (700lm) brightness for 3D
- no 3D conversion
- not good for text
- stereo speakers
- correct price (U.S. only)
This is similar specification like a HD ready 3D LED television years ago.
What should be a portable LED projector today:
- native 4K resolution
- wireless connection
- full internet access
- tuner
- 1500lm brightness for 3D
- 3D conversion
- good for text
- sound projecting
- correct price (worldwide)
This is what today technology can easily produces.

Thanks Tataniko, I know you're being sarcastic, but a few of the things you mentioned would be nice but @ 399.00 let's just be realistic here, I would be pleased with just 1080P 500 lumen or better, razor sharp focus and a built-in tuner, that's all I ask, and for the person that commented to your post saying to call LG abviouslt has nor idea how horrible LG tech and customer support is, those people are moron, they have no clue what products the company makes. last time I called they were talking about the HS200, they had never heard of the HW300W, and it had been out for almost a year. worst tech support I have ever encountered
post #929 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by viox View Post

I have joined this forum because i imagine somebody has to have an answer for my question:
With all things taken into consideration about focusing issues and later revisions that behave better, is there any way to check the manufacturing date without opening the box? Since i don't have a fry's around i'm constrained to get it off eBay and i want to make sure i get a good sample.
Thanks guys

I don't think there is, I returned mine just this last week, Im sure it was a late build and still had focus issues, but I didn't check build date to be honest. I don't think LG would fix that focusing issue unless the re-designed the optics and they would never admit to such a defect...they never publicly admitted that the HW series had a stretching problem, and to this day they haven't. Next time I go to frys I'll check one of the boxes and make sure the manufacture date is printed on the box somewhere
post #930 of 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by garibay_2004 View Post

I don't think there is, I returned mine just this last week, Im sure it was a late build and still had focus issues, but I didn't check build date to be honest. I don't think LG would fix that focusing issue unless the re-designed the optics and they would never admit to such a defect...they never publicly admitted that the HW series had a stretching problem, and to this day they haven't. Next time I go to frys I'll check one of the boxes and make sure the manufacture date is printed on the box somewhere

So it's basically a hit or miss kind of a deal? How disturbing was for movies? We're moving to a new house and that projector would confer the perfect setup for movies especially with the mass storage and video playback capabilities

Thanks a lot for the time taken to reply.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens.