or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › The *OFFICIAL* 2012 Samsung EH4000/EH5000/EH5300 Owner's Thread...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The *OFFICIAL* 2012 Samsung EH4000/EH5000/EH5300 Owner's Thread... - Page 50

post #1471 of 2165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

Thanks. So I just need to see if there is a Txxx after the code?

it's on the white sticker on the outside of the box under "Version"... not actually part of the model number which is UN40EH5300FXZA
post #1472 of 2165
Has anyone debezeled this TV? I have the 32" version that I use as a computer monitor and I want to debezel it. Just wondering if anyone has info or pictures of the process.
post #1473 of 2165
To achieve what? The bezel is only about 20mm wide.
post #1474 of 2165
Is there a way to recognize the change in panel after repair?

samsung service told me it was the panel that was damaged, the panel itself is what makes up the TV.

they change both panels? lighting and color? the price is very high for repair.

regards!
post #1475 of 2165
FIRMWARE UPGRADE on EH5000
I have made various attempts to upgrade the firmware of my EH5000 but failed. Tried copying the T-MX9FMASC.exe to a 2GB USB stick in the root. USB was formatted in FAT32...didnt work! tried formating the USB to FAT...didn't work! The TV simply doesn't detect the firmware from the USB. USB itself is fine and I can play movies. ONly thing left to try is formatting the USB in exFAT format. the current firmware on TV is 1016 and the latest available is 1124. Samsung is known to release PQ enhancements thru firmware so I think I should go for it.
Has anyone faced similar issues?
post #1476 of 2165
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicrol123 View Post

Is there a way to recognize the change in panel after repair?

samsung service told me it was the panel that was damaged, the panel itself is what makes up the TV.

they change both panels? lighting and color? the price is very high for repair.

regards!

Probably the best way to determine the type of panel you have is to do the "loupe test". IOW, take a magnifying lens or jewelers loupe and look at the pixel pattern and then compare what you see to the pics of various panel types (S-PVA, S-IPS, MVA, etc) to determine the type of LCD panel. By "both" panels I'm assuming that you mean the LCD panel and the back lighting array (CCFL, LED (edge or full)?
post #1477 of 2165
Quote:
Originally Posted by techpeter View Post

FIRMWARE UPGRADE on EH5000
I have made various attempts to upgrade the firmware of my EH5000 but failed. Tried copying the T-MX9FMASC.exe to a 2GB USB stick in the root. USB was formatted in FAT32...didnt work! tried formating the USB to FAT...didn't work! The TV simply doesn't detect the firmware from the USB. USB itself is fine and I can play movies. ONly thing left to try is formatting the USB in exFAT format. the current firmware on TV is 1016 and the latest available is 1124. Samsung is known to release PQ enhancements thru firmware so I think I should go for it.
Has anyone faced similar issues?

Is the firmware upgrade for your particular model and region? It's not uncommon to tv mfrs to release updates that are specific for a particular model and region of use, and those updates can't be applied to the another model that is not region specific. As a cautionary note, I would try to find out as best as you can what the update is for before applying the correct one. Just assuming it is for pq enhancements (whatever those could possibly be) may lead to problems.
post #1478 of 2165
Here's some hardware documentation on the UN40EH5000FXZA for anyone who's interested: http://www.mediafire.com/download/71lq8w45pqtblb4/11745698-Samsung_Un40eh5000_Un40eh5000f_Service_Manual_And_Repair_Guide.zip
post #1479 of 2165
Can someone please give me some picture settings for the UN37EH5000? SD cable setting, Movie setting and a Game setting.
post #1480 of 2165
All tv's are different due to component tolerances so what looks good for one person in their viewing environment might not look good on your tv in your viewing environment. If you can't find decent settings that work, you should down load the free AVS HD709 disk and adjust your settings to fit your tv in your viewing environment.
post #1481 of 2165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

All tv's are different due to component tolerances so what looks good for one person in their viewing environment might not look good on your tv in your viewing environment. If you can't find decent settings that work, you should down load the free AVS HD709 disk and adjust your settings to fit your tv in your viewing environment.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I have this TV in my bedroom which is pretty dim. To be honest I am not that picky, just want some good baseline settings that I can tweek as I slowly get used to the set.
post #1482 of 2165
Quote:
Originally Posted by techpeter View Post

FIRMWARE UPGRADE on EH5000
I have made various attempts to upgrade the firmware of my EH5000 but failed. Tried copying the T-MX9FMASC.exe to a 2GB USB stick in the root. USB was formatted in FAT32...didnt work! tried formating the USB to FAT...didn't work! The TV simply doesn't detect the firmware from the USB. USB itself is fine and I can play movies. ONly thing left to try is formatting the USB in exFAT format. the current firmware on TV is 1016 and the latest available is 1124. Samsung is known to release PQ enhancements thru firmware so I think I should go for it.
Has anyone faced similar issues?

Have you followed the instructions in the "2012 Samsung TV F/W Upgrade Guide"?

Before trying to make the TV recognize the upgrade files, be sure to run the EXE file in your PC so it will extract a folder to the USB drive.

The TV won't recognize the EXE file itself.
post #1483 of 2165
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaioTheBrain View Post

Have you followed the instructions in the "2012 Samsung TV F/W Upgrade Guide"?

Before trying to make the TV recognize the upgrade files, be sure to run the EXE file in your PC so it will extract a folder to the USB drive.

The TV won't recognize the EXE file itself.

Yes, I have followed the same procedure mentioned. I also tried it with the folder, without folder, with .exe and all other possible combinations mad.gif
post #1484 of 2165
Without having to read through the whole thread....

Are there any issues with the 32" EH5300 model? I am thinking about grabbing one up from Amazon for our bedroom. $348 seems like a pretty good price.
post #1485 of 2165
We recently purchased the 40EH5300 (with the S-PVA panel) for my son who is going away to grad school next month. We set it up to make sure it was ok and it looks and plays very well. Won't make any picture adjustments till he moves but so far, it looks good right out of the box. No issues at all.
post #1486 of 2165
Ended up going with the 40EH5300, the 32 was looked oddly small in our room. Has the TH01 panel, from what I have read that is a good one correct?

I pulled these settings off amazon, but is there any others I should use?

Mode: Dynamic
Backlight: 18
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 50
Sharpness: 80
Color: 70
TInt: G/R 50/50
post #1487 of 2165
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3In2Out View Post

Ended up going with the 40EH5300, the 32 was looked oddly small in our room. Has the TH01 panel, from what I have read that is a good one correct?

I pulled these settings off amazon, but is there any others I should use?

Mode: Dynamic
Backlight: 18
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 50
Sharpness: 80
Color: 70
TInt: G/R 50/50

We've been using the default Movie mode for everything so far. It seemed to be much less of a "burn your retina" pic than Standard and has a warmer feel to it which is what we (actually my son because it's his) prefer. Won't make any adjustments with a disk until he moves it into his place because lighting conditions will be different. You may have to just play with the settings if you don't have a disk until you find something that works for your set and viewing conditions. Even models of the same line and panel type such as ours might not have exchangeable settings due to component variances. The TH01 panel btw should be the Samsung S-PVA panel. Each panel type has its pros and cons so it depends on what you're looking for in panel performance but most prefer the S-PVA panel.
post #1488 of 2165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

We've been using the default Movie mode for everything so far. It seemed to be much less of a "burn your retina" pic than Standard and has a warmer feel to it which is what we (actually my son because it's his) prefer. Won't make any adjustments with a disk until he moves it into his place because lighting conditions will be different. You may have to just play with the settings if you don't have a disk until you find something that works for your set and viewing conditions. Even models of the same line and panel type such as ours might not have exchangeable settings due to component variances. The TH01 panel btw should be the Samsung S-PVA panel. Each panel type has its pros and cons so it depends on what you're looking for in panel performance but most prefer the S-PVA panel.

you might want to cycle between Warm2 and Warm1 color temp, as on some EH series sets Warm2 tends toward red/pink... even if the overall dE's (size of error) is a bit more with Warm1 (which it may or may not... you can't really tell without a meter), the direction of the error (too blue/cool vs. too red/warm) should make it more pleasing overall
post #1489 of 2165
+1
post #1490 of 2165
Ended up switching over to Chicolom's settings that were posted back on page 11. MUCH better looking. Far happier with the TV now that its toned down a bit.
post #1491 of 2165
Habeebii...

does 42EH5000 or 40F5000 series having Picture in Picture feature ??
i am in dilemma to go for EH5000 or F5000 .. am in MENA, both are nearly same cost..
basically i ll do wall mount, here my big worry is EH5000 if i mount it is very horrible to take connectivity out, like HDMI and USB, is it so ?

pls advise dears.. i am new to this forum. need ur expertise support. which one should i go ??

please advise.. thanks..
post #1492 of 2165
I have no idea what a F5000 is, but as far as the EH5000 goes it does not have picture-in-picture, and if you wall mount it you need enough of a gap to get cables to the rear-facing connectors (all of them, including power).
post #1493 of 2165
hmm hmmm thanks # Crashbot...

but still am in dilemma, to go for 42EH5000 or 40F5000.. any xpertise , can conclude this please..

thanks again - sharfu
post #1494 of 2165
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbot View Post

I have no idea what a F5000 is, but as far as the EH5000 goes it does not have picture-in-picture, and if you wall mount it you need enough of a gap to get cables to the rear-facing connectors (all of them, including power).

but, by the way, EH and F5000 series, both need enough gap to take the rear cables out right ?
post #1495 of 2165
and dears, by the way, these EH5000 and F5000 suporting MKV formats.. ? please confirm??

gonna buy tv by friday night.. smile.gif
post #1496 of 2165
post #1497 of 2165
My Dad's got a UE40ES5500.

Does anyone know if that has separate settings for SD/HD (inbuilt tuner/external HDMI) modes, as I imagine calibrating with AVS or similar on the HDMI isn't necessarily going to give an ideal result when using the inbuilt tuner (it's actually Freeview HD but still most of the channels are SD and even the HD channels aren't going to be as good as Blu-Ray)?

If not, I guess the only thing he could do is use Movie mode for HDMI and Standard for TV but it would be better if he didn't have to manually switch between them and besides, I understand Standard has some drawbacks, such as being unable to disable the Dynamic Contrast.

EDIT: Thinking about, I'm not even sure we could calibrate it for the tuner, as obviously there's no way to view the patterns for that input. In addtion, if I calibrate it in a dark room to get the best picture for movie viewing in the evenings, how would he then adjust it for viewing in the daytime, as I don't think there's separate modes for that? Would he just have to turn up the backlight and then set it down again in the evenings, or is there a simpler way?
Edited by doveman - 7/5/13 at 4:42am
post #1498 of 2165
Hi dear.
i am in gulf, and its time for me to buy a new Samsung LED TV smile.gif

but here need ur xpertise help t oachieve the best.. here i have two options EH5000 or F5000.

basically purchasing this TV for home use (max we wud watch movie by USB, sumtyms Listening music thru Home theater thats it). so pls clarify me, which TV series shud i go? here the TV price is 40EH5000 is 506$ and 40F5000 is 640$. all i just need is good PQ and good Sound quality thats it. pls clarify me, no no pls conclude my confusion, will be very much appreciated. thanks again., sharfu smile.gif
and does F5000 has any addtional features than EH5000?
post #1499 of 2165
Assuming you have DirecTv (I know, should not assume), use the buttons on the receiver to change the format.
post #1500 of 2165
Hi, my parents in law have the EH5300 model and I was trying to re-arrange channels for them and I can't find the option. I have a B651 model so I'm familiarized with the Samsung GUI, but there is no clue where the options is. Also, for my TV I got a huge user manual with everything detailed, instead my father in law got a few pages booklet with no further info.

Help would be appreciated!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › The *OFFICIAL* 2012 Samsung EH4000/EH5000/EH5300 Owner's Thread...