or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Display Calibration › GCD - Gamut Calibration Disk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GCD - Gamut Calibration Disk - Page 15

Poll Results: What format would you prefer for the HTPC?

 
  • 33% (19)
    .mp4
  • 66% (38)
    .mkv
  • 0% (0)
    others (please detail in thread)
57 Total Votes  
post #421 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by visca blaugrana View Post

I have added 90 to 109% white - this is to use with calman

We will be adding to CalMAN 5 support for the GCD in the near future. This will be for manual and automated IR control.
post #422 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by visca blaugrana View Post

I have added 90 to 109% white - this is to use with calman
Added 3 moving bar patterns (23.976 & 29.97 and 50 fps)this will help highlight kidder problems
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

for 10% patterns- this set of white patterns doesnt seem to be working correctly. the pattern displays only 90% and then 109% for the last second. nothing in between....
post #423 of 631
^^^ oops nevermind, its working fine. My BR player was acting sluggish....all is good.
post #424 of 631
there are a few navigation issues in the top menus... sometimes the arrow keys will let you go up or down but not left or right and vice versa

of course, this is not a big deal, but still worth fixing in a later version of the disc whenever possible
post #425 of 631
Is there anyway to get this to play properly in MPC HC media player? I mounted the image with a virtual drive and when I play it in MPC, it doesn't load the menu system so I can't navigate to a particular pattern.
post #426 of 631
Thread Starter 
Thank you for the comments,

I have investergated the new 90-109 video streams, and as sugested they seem good.
regarding the menu navigation. I will investergate and optimize

I have had some requestes about playing this disk of a USB stick, I dont know a way currently. if your player will play the m2ts streams of a stick this might be an option, to get them open the iso file with winrar and extract them from the stream folder.

regarding mounting the deisk to be played on a htpc. I know totalmedia theatre works but not sure about others.

if anyone can help with the last 2 points please let me know.

regarding adding the 24 color test patterns for CALMAN 5, this will with a bit of luck happen within a week. I have the 10%APL video ready, but still need to do it for the remaining types.

one final thing does anyone use the 1% APL Windows?

Regards

Visca
post #427 of 631
I can convert the disk to mp4 or mkv if that would help. There wouldn't be any menus or navigation though.
post #428 of 631
TBH, that's what I was hoping for ever since I've learned about GCD. smile.gif
I know it's a lot of trouble, but I'm sure I as well as other HTPC users that prefer to use MPC will be grateful. biggrin.gif
post #429 of 631
I was using this disc today with CalMAN and I noticed that there is no 100% white reading at the beginning of the grayscale and gamut patterns and that yellow is before cyan and magenta.

In CalMAN, 100% white is read first for both grayscale and (all) gamut runs and the order for primaries/secondaries is RGBCMY, not RGBYCM.

Would it be possible to add a section for CalMAN specifically like on the AVSHD709 disc or will CalMANv5 have direct support for the GCD as it currently is? I suppose the latter part of my question is directed at SpectraCal.
post #430 of 631
Thread Starter 
The plan is to add support for gcd both for automated and manual control, I am in contact with CALMAN, however I can not add any timeframe.
post #431 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by visca blaugrana View Post

The plan is to add support for gcd both for automated and manual control, I am in contact with CALMAN, however I can not add any timeframe.

ok, thanks... it's not critical as I can use the pop-up menus to select the right pattern in most cases except for gamut where I need to go to another top menu where I can get 100% white (75% A gamut runs have 75% white only, not 100% white too)
post #432 of 631
Thread Starter 
I am working on the disk today and will address the following issues:

add:
color checker patterns for calman (all sizes)
add popup menues for remaining patterns (I think these will only contain a back and a main menu button)


fix:
better menu navigation


additional over the weekend will I test with calman and have a chat with spectracal what pattern sequence is required for optimal expierence.

menwhile if you have any requests/bugs please let me know, as I hope to release a non beta version soon.

Regards

Visca.
post #433 of 631
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

I was using this disc today with CalMAN and I noticed that there is no 100% white reading at the beginning of the grayscale and gamut patterns and that yellow is before cyan and magenta.
In CalMAN, 100% white is read first for both grayscale and (all) gamut runs and the order for primaries/secondaries is RGBCMY, not RGBYCM.
Would it be possible to add a section for CalMAN specifically like on the AVSHD709 disc or will CalMANv5 have direct support for the GCD as it currently is? I suppose the latter part of my question is directed at SpectraCal.

I have finly today had a chance to play with CALMAN5 and not sure I follow your comments
1"and I noticed that there is no 100% white reading at the beginning of the grayscale and gamut patterns"
what workflow did you use? - I used enthusiast, and on the gray scale calibration I was not requested to measure a 100% white until the end (as it is on the disk)
Gamut patterns need a 100% white on the last pattern (the first white pattern you measure have to be the same stimulus as set in calman, and this pattern should already be on the GCD disk) - I have asked calman if this need to be amended or if its a matter of changing the workflow associated with GCD.

2"and that yellow is before cyan and magenta."
I am in contact with calman if this can be changed in the workflow associated with GCD

Regarding a section for CALMAN (as seen on the AVSHD709 disk I would rather avoid simply due to space issues, however it might be better, hmm not sure. but I will be able to say alot more after I have finished talking to spectracal.

Regards

Visca.
post #434 of 631
Thread Starter 
also new disk available this contain the 24pattern color checker for CALMAN 5
the menu navigation should also be fixed now.

see first post for download link.

Regards
post #435 of 631
Thank you very much!!!!!!!!
post #436 of 631
But GCD_targets v11.xlsx file contains only 12 pattern color checker - can be calculated DeltaE.

I would very much like to have such a file for 24pattern color checker.

Best regards,Andrei.
post #437 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by visca blaugrana View Post

I have finly today had a chance to play with CALMAN5 and not sure I follow your comments
1"and I noticed that there is no 100% white reading at the beginning of the grayscale and gamut patterns"
what workflow did you use? - I used enthusiast, and on the gray scale calibration I was not requested to measure a 100% white until the end (as it is on the disk)
Gamut patterns need a 100% white on the last pattern (the first white pattern you measure have to be the same stimulus as set in calman, and this pattern should already be on the GCD disk) - I have asked calman if this need to be amended or if its a matter of changing the workflow associated with GCD.
2"and that yellow is before cyan and magenta."
I am in contact with calman if this can be changed in the workflow associated with GCD
Regarding a section for CALMAN (as seen on the AVSHD709 disk I would rather avoid simply due to space issues, however it might be better, hmm not sure. but I will be able to say alot more after I have finished talking to spectracal.
Regards
Visca.

not sure to tell you, whenever I use CalMAN 5 or 4, 100% white is always read first when the read series/read all button is pressed and the prompts appear (both for grayscale and gamut and even with the saturation sweeps)

also, the dynamic range section asks for 100% white first (and then some others that don't line up with the GCD patterns exactly)... I can take a pic of these things later to elaborate.

If you could talk with SpectraCal directly, they should be able to tell you what patterns in what sequence are used in v5.
post #438 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by anta1974 View Post

But GCD_targets v11.xlsx file contains only 12 pattern color checker - can be calculated DeltaE.
I would very much like to have such a file for 24pattern color checker.
Best regards,Andrei.

+1, that would be very nice if possible
post #439 of 631
How about putting in a zero ire pattern to adjust black level using a meter? Right now I would have to switch disks from avs Hd 709 to GCD. It's a minor annoyance I know.
post #440 of 631




For Clipping, the pattern sequence is 100, 90, 95, 98, 99.

For Clipping with Peak White, it's 109, 90, 100, 105, 107, 108.
Edited by PlasmaPZ80U - 10/13/12 at 11:52am
post #441 of 631
For 10% grayscale, it's 100, 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90. The reason 100 is first to be able to calculate gamma at each level before the whole series has been completed. It has been this way since v4.
post #442 of 631


For CMS, it's 100, 75, 75 Red, 75 Green, 75 Blue, 75 Cyan, 75 Magenta, 75 Yellow. (75 refers to stim, saturation is 100%)
post #443 of 631
For Saturation Sweeps, it's 100% white, 25% sat Red, 50% sat Red, 75% sat Red, 100% sat Red (and so on for Green, Blue, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow). All color patterns are 75% stim.
post #444 of 631
Thread Starter 
I had a look and the key was using "read series", I did manual readings and therefore its done in the end.
doing it in series highlight the problem.

I think I will add seperate sequences like the AVSHD709 disk.

Cheers

Regarding the 0IRE patterns, this could be added though I am not a fan of setting brightness that way.

Regards
post #445 of 631
Please, when we can expect GCD_targets v12 (with calculated DeltaE for 24pattern color checker) ?
post #446 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by visca blaugrana View Post

I had a look and the key was using "read series", I did manual readings and therefore its done in the end.
doing it in series highlight the problem.
I think I will add seperate sequences like the AVSHD709 disk.
Cheers
Regarding the 0IRE patterns, this could be added though I am not a fan of setting brightness that way.
Regards

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Having the exact patterns in the correct sequence can make the calibration process faster and more seamless for those of us not using an automated pattern generator or UIRT device coupled to a BD player, especially for the new stuff in CalMAN 5 like Saturation Sweeps, Dynamic Range, and Color Checker.
Edited by PlasmaPZ80U - 10/13/12 at 12:29pm
post #447 of 631
so what changes were made in b4.3.13 from b4.3.12?
post #448 of 631
Visca,

Regarding color checker patterns you can just replace the original 12 with the new 24 and send me the RGB triplets and I will update the spreadsheet.
post #449 of 631
I personally would benefit from a MP4 version if its still in the works.
post #450 of 631
Thread Starter 
a mp4 version is on its way smile.gif
also a new version of the spreadsheet is on its way replacing the 12 pattern colorchecker with the 24 pattern one.

additional yesterday I was happy thinking about the light at the end of the tunnel, however I have now changed my mind.

I will strat working on a new layout of the disk so it will contain 3 sections, one for HCFR, one for Chromapure and one for CALMAN.

each section will have the same patterns (as in the latest beta), just in in the sequence that fit the software.

if there is any patterns missing to make it a complete disk, please let me know.

Patterns that need adding for software X and only software X is:

HCFR
Near Black patterns
near white patterns
??

Chromapure.
I think we are covered. - but change of the pattern sequence

CALMAN.
I think we are covered. - but change of the pattern sequence

additional I am planing on removing the 1% pattern, I think that the 10%APL pattern cover that area well. and noone have asked me to retain them, so unless someone say something, they are gone.

any comments are appricated.

Regards

Visca
Edited by visca blaugrana - 10/14/12 at 3:28am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Display Calibration
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Display Calibration › GCD - Gamut Calibration Disk