or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Camcorders › List of Feature films shot on DSLR
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

List of Feature films shot on DSLR

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Many of these are multi-award winning.

From the DVI forum: (mods - I couldn't be bothered retyping the list)
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-...ml#post1728384

I own a Bluray copy of LIKE CRAZY (won Sundance), shot on a 7D, looks great.

Looks like I'll keep banging away on my 60D (=7D look) for a little while longer.
post #2 of 16
That doesn't even include the many features (and TV shows), that seamlessly cut DSLR footage in with other, more expensively captured footage. They've become sorta "go to" cameras for close interior shots, B-cams, vehicle-mounted cameras, etc.
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepster returns View Post

Many of these are multi-award winning.

From the DVI forum: (mods - I couldn't be bothered retyping the list)
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-...ml#post1728384

I own a Bluray copy of LIKE CRAZY (won Sundance), shot on a 7D, looks great.

Looks like I'll keep banging away on my 60D (=7D look) for a little while longer.

Iron Man 2 had some Canon 5D Mark II scenes.
post #4 of 16
I'm an indie Film Maker, Add me on Facebook.
http://facebook.com/bobbywash
Edited by bobbywash - 4/16/14 at 10:53pm
post #5 of 16
2014 Feature Film (STEEL CHAMBER) Shot With 7 Different Canon DSLR’s and a C300, C100
I Directed and Starred In My First Full Length Feature Film.
Please Watch and Support My New Suspense Film Trailer “STEEL CHAMBER”
And Please SHARE SHARE SHARE… http://ow.ly/vn7XK
Watch Online Now At http://steelchamberthemovie.com

To Get Physical Copies Of The Film, Call Bobby 863-703-0280


Edited by bobbywash - 4/16/14 at 10:51pm
post #6 of 16
post #7 of 16
2014 Feature Film (STEEL CHAMBER) Shot With 7 Different Canon DSLR’s and a C300, C100
I Directed and Starred In My First Full Length Feature Film.
Please Watch and Support My New Suspense Film Trailer “STEEL CHAMBER”
And Please SHARE SHARE SHARE… http://ow.ly/vn7XK
Watch Online Now At http://steelchamberthemovie.com

To Get Physical Copies Of The Film, Call Bobby 863-703-0280
post #8 of 16
Yes i love the look of DSLR video,and why am reluctant to get a 4K cam,in the future Canon 4K DSLRs may appear.
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintyplus View Post

Yes i love the look of DSLR video,and why am reluctant to get a 4K cam,
I agree - camcorder footage has a synthetic look to it that does seem as real as as still camera video. That was one of the reasons I returned my AX100 to Best Buy for a refund - I knew I wouldn't be fully happy with the camcorder look of the AX100's footage even if I eventually figured out an in-camera setting that fixed it's bland and/or off kilter color problems.
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintyplus View Post

Yes i love the look of DSLR video,and why am reluctant to get a 4K cam,in the future Canon 4K DSLRs may appear.
-

DSLR video only looks good if it is locked down on a tripod, set up perfectly and recording relatively static scenes. If you are recording dynamic, mobile scenes with no time to set up (compose, find focus, exposure, etc etc), a camcorder is a must-have solution. Each type of camera has its place, and a good videographer will use one or the other solution when appropriate and depending on the circumstances.
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugela View Post

-

DSLR video only looks good if it is locked down on a tripod, set up perfectly and recording relatively static scenes. If you are recording dynamic, mobile scenes with no time to set up (compose, find focus, exposure, etc etc), a camcorder is a must-have solution. Each type of camera has its place, and a good videographer will use one or the other solution when appropriate and depending on the circumstances.

Of course ! i use both but mainly camera now,i dont mind the extra work involved,panning can be used but far more carefully.
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepster returns View Post

Many of these are multi-award winning.


From the DVI forum: (mods - I couldn't be bothered retyping the list)
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-...ml#post1728384


I own a Bluray copy of LIKE CRAZY (won Sundance), shot on a 7D, looks great.


Looks like I'll keep banging away on my 60D (=7D look) for a little while longer.
The 7D was great for video in 2009 when it came out but it's now 2014 and the GH4 is light years ahead of it . Canon is still using the same sensor in 2014 with the new T5, now that is sad. I guess many people buy cameras by sales numbers and not by specs.
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintyplus View Post

...in the future Canon 4K DSLRs may appear.

A 4K Canon DSLR has already appeared. The Canon 1D C was released a couple of years ago. But not many people are buying it because Canon charges $10,000 for it (it was $12,000(!) until the GH4 came out).

It is also the only Canon DSLR with 1080/60p.

Canon continues their pattern at the high end of overcharging for features that others offer for thousands of dollars less - while, at the low end, re-releasing the same camera over and over. But I can't really fault them - it is a very profitable strategy - they make a lot of money and people keep buying their cameras.

As for me, I'll stick with my $1700 4K GH4 and pocket the $8300 difference instead of sending it to Japan, thank you very much smile.gif
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunerww View Post

A 4K Canon DSLR has already appeared. The Canon 1D C was released a couple of years ago. But not many people are buying it because Canon charges $10,000 for it (it was $12,000(!) until the GH4 came out).

It is also the only Canon DSLR with 1080/60p.

Canon continues their pattern at the high end of overcharging for features that others offer for thousands of dollars less - while, at the low end, re-releasing the same camera over and over. But I can't really fault them - it is a very profitable strategy - they make a lot of money and people keep buying their cameras.

As for me, I'll stick with my $1700 4K GH4 and pocket the $8300 difference instead of sending it to Japan, thank you very much smile.gif
Ditto ! biggrin.gif
post #15 of 16
"As for me, I'll stick with my $1700 4K GH4 and pocket the $8300 difference instead of sending it to Japan, thank you very much."

"Ditto ! biggrin.gif"

I'm starting to think I had better start hiding chunks of cash somewhere for the eventual unqualified need for 4K in a GH4.
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD90 View Post

I agree - camcorder footage has a synthetic look to it that does seem as real as as still camera video. That was one of the reasons I returned my AX100 to Best Buy for a refund - I knew I wouldn't be fully happy with the camcorder look of the AX100's footage even if I eventually figured out an in-camera setting that fixed it's bland and/or off kilter color problems.

Yes your right ,the 1DC has to come in mention,of course its over priced for for consumer use but if money was no object i would get one,people like different things i dont like tele news footage look ! despite it being HD now and cameras the size of tanks being used , but with more mid size ones showing up i notice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Camcorders
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Camcorders › List of Feature films shot on DSLR