or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › Sunday Ticket price drop?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sunday Ticket price drop?

post #1 of 87
Thread Starter 
NFL fans rejoice. It looks like DirecTv will drop their NFL Sunday Ticket package price down to $199.95. Now I watch all of The Vikings game on my ps3 for cheap.

Here is the link :

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ket-under-200/
post #2 of 87
Link broke?

I might get this since I don't subscribe to anything but Netflix.
post #3 of 87
Hope this is true. $13 a game is reasonable and will insure me getting this for a second year. My team is on the opposite coast so I cannot see them otherwise, which means any price drop sounds good to me.
post #4 of 87
I hope this is true as well. I havent purchased the Sunday Ticket in a couple of years as the price was just too outrageous for me.
post #5 of 87
So can I get this even if I don't have DirectTV?
post #6 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyxbr View Post

So can I get this even if I don't have DirectTV?

Yes you can. You can get it on your ps3, I'f you live in the U.S
post #7 of 87
that's not a bad deal. not great, but not bad. how is the service though? when it first went live, i remember reading a lot of complaints about it.
post #8 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyxbr View Post

So can I get this even if I don't have DirectTV?

Actually, the way I understand it, the only way that you can get this is if you can PROVE that it's impossible to get a Direct TV signal at your current residence. You have to explain why you can't get Direct TV where you live (like a mountain blocks your view of the Southwestern sky) or something like that.
post #9 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post


Actually, the way I understand it, the only way that you can get this is if you can PROVE that it's impossible to get a Direct TV signal at your current residence. You have to explain why you can't get Direct TV where you live (like a mountain blocks your view of the Southwestern sky) or something like that.

I had this service last year and was not a directv subscriber at the time. I never had to prove I could not physically get a signal at my house. I think they are pretty lenient if this is actually a "requirement". As long as they get their cheddar, they're happy.

Besides the first two weeks of service being pretty bad while they ironed out all their network issues, this was a pretty amazing service. Especially for fantasy football enthusiasts.
post #10 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Actually, the way I understand it, the only way that you can get this is if you can PROVE that it's impossible to get a Direct TV signal at your current residence. You have to explain why you can't get Direct TV where you live (like a mountain blocks your view of the Southwestern sky) or something like that.

Never heard that and I don't think it is true.
post #11 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

Never heard that and I don't think it is true.

It's only true in theory.
post #12 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post


I had this service last year and was not a directv subscriber at the time. I never had to prove I could not physically get a signal at my house. I think they are pretty lenient if this is actually a "requirement". As long as they get their cheddar, they're happy.

Besides the first two weeks of service being pretty bad while they ironed out all their network issues, this was a pretty amazing service. Especially for fantasy football enthusiasts.

This is true. When you sign up it simply asks if your a directv subscriber or not. Select no then u sign up. You don't have to prove anything
post #13 of 87
You had to complain to DTV about "poor reception" in order to get your local channels added to DTV.
post #14 of 87
So am I reading it right: if I want Redzone, I have to pay an extra $100??
post #15 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

that's not a bad deal. not great, but not bad. how is the service though? when it first went live, i remember reading a lot of complaints about it.

First week was rough, but they fixed it by the next week. Even sent out a credit to everyone's PSN wallet without having to ask. Picture quality is good and the streaming is solid. Works way better than the NHL app by comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Actually, the way I understand it, the only way that you can get this is if you can PROVE that it's impossible to get a Direct TV signal at your current residence. You have to explain why you can't get Direct TV where you live (like a mountain blocks your view of the Southwestern sky) or something like that.

All I ever did was answer "No" to the prompts and I was done. No one ever questioned anything and they took my money. Long as you pay the bill I don't think they really care.
post #16 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratm View Post

So am I reading it right: if I want Redzone, I have to pay an extra $100??

i can't read it because the link is broken. but if that's true, then once again, "screw this noise." the nfl is a joke when it comes to value for your dollar.
post #17 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post


i can't read it because the link is broken. but if that's true, then once again, "screw this noise." the nfl is a joke when it comes to value for your dollar.

Here's another link :

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/19/d...t-subscribers/
post #18 of 87
If you are an out of market fan of a team that doesn't get many primetime games... it's a must have

But if you are a fantasy football junky like me, all you need is redzone channel... which you can probably get for free or less than $5 a month

I had sunday ticket for free last year... 90% of the time I was watching the redzone channel....

That being said, if you have a friend who has DTV or you do....you could add the to go package for $50 and then split the cost of the ticket. That way one person can watch at home on TV, and the other has access to ps3/computer.
post #19 of 87
Im out:

From Engadget..

Another change for the 2012 season is the NFL Sunday Ticket Max package, which includes all the extras of SuperFan and To-Go (RedZone Channel, streaming to iOS and Android mobile devices, Short Cuts, VOD highlights, etc.) extras as a part of the bundle for an extra $100 to existing customers, or for $299.95.
post #20 of 87
It was terrible for me last year, I just went and watched all of the games at firstrow.

My issue was I was 3 hours away from my favorite team (Cincinnati) and my IP for my internet is pulled from Columbus which is 1.5 hours away from Cincinnati. I talked to DirecTV and they said tough luck. I said that is BS I was 3 hours away and couldn't get the games because my IP shows me as being in Columbus. The address they had on file for the account was where I was located and they confirmed it was outside of the blackout area.

They basically told me to go pound salt.

I tried an IP hide program and change locations but the internet speed is so downgraded it was trash and couldn't load a simple webpage.

Thumbs down, DirecTV can go pound salt. Will never use them again.
post #21 of 87
That link mentions NOTHING about PS3 streaming subscribers. Just CURRENT DIRECTV subscribers. Read it.

I am 90% sure it will mean the same for PS3 subs, but not 100%. Still could be $349 for PS3 subs since if you say you DON'T HAVE/NOT a DirecTV subscriber, the offer could go from $199/for a subscriber, and $349/for a non-subscriber.

Companies are notorius for pulling this kind of BS, and it would not surprise me one bit. And since DirecTV still controls NFL Sunday Ticket until 2014(I think? help), the could easily do this off of non subscribers.

I would not cackle just yet about this.
post #22 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post

That link mentions NOTHING about PS3 streaming subscribers. Just CURRENT DIRECTV subscribers. Read it.

I am 90% sure it will mean the same for PS3 subs, but not 100%. Still could be $349 for PS3 subs since if you say you DON'T HAVE/NOT a DirecTV subscriber, the offer could go from $199/for a subscriber, and $349/for a non-subscriber.

Companies are notorius for pulling this kind of BS, and it would not surprise me one bit. And since DirecTV still controls NFL Sunday Ticket until 2014(I think? help), the could easily do this off of non subscribers.

I would not cackle just yet about this.

Very good point
post #23 of 87
And a lot of DTV subscribers never pay full price for the Ticket either. If you call up and complain they usually will discount it or give it to you for free. can't get that on the Ps3 side.
post #24 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

And a lot of DTV subscribers never pay full price for the Ticket either. If you call up and complain they usually will discount it or give it to you for free. can't get that on the Ps3 side.

Bingo, I know someone who has routinely only paid $99 for the last 4-5 years.
post #25 of 87
I only had it last year because they gave it to me free, but the caveat was I had to call back this season and cancel the auto-renewal. I just called to make sure I wasn't charged and they let me know it was only 199 this season, to which I said "still not interested". 10 seconds later she offered me the entire package for 60 dollars. I took it.
post #26 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

10 seconds later she offered me the entire package for 60 dollars. I took it.





Amazing bro...
post #27 of 87
its going to be a much better deal, I have had DTV sunday ticket and it was worth it to me since my teams ravens and niners are far from me. 50$ a month to me is cheap was well worth it and the streaming on ps3 was ok last year, but much better through direct tv's satellite signal.
post #28 of 87
http://us.playstation.com/ps3/psn/nfl/




"In order to download the Application and also access the Service, you must have answered "No" to the question "Are you able to get DIRECTV Satellite Television at your current address?" and make the payments as described on the applicable sign-up page. "



I saw a post about Sunday Ticket being on PS3 on neo-gaf, and they were talking about how it costs $149.99 for ONE month ! Doesn't make sense to me. I need to read more of the terms and stuff and try to figure this out. Regardless, it doesn't seem like I'll be able to get this, because Direct TV is definitely available at my current location ( I was a subscriber for like 10 years ). I guess I could lie and say that it isn't available, but then I'm sure the agreement that I make says that they can cancel my service with no refund if I violate the terms. So, not sure I would want to risk that much money on whether or not they double check to see if I could get Direct TV at my address.
post #29 of 87
You really think they drive around and verify that everyone who says "no" doesn't really have the inability to get the service?

I used to have DirectTV. Even if they see that in their records, all I'd say is, "My neighbor's tree grew and blocks the only spot on my roof that I can put a dish."

I really don't think they'd send a driver out on their dime to verify that.
post #30 of 87
Any idea what resolution the games broadcast on the PS3 are? Standard or HD?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › Sunday Ticket price drop?