The PS3 glasses will not
work with the 2012 Panasonic line.
Regarding the usage hours...
Taken from JYWC55's post in the UT settings thread:
For those who are curious, here are the instructions for UT50:
1. enter the service menu (SM) - hold the Vol– button on the TV and simultaneously press INFO on the remote three times. Continue holding Vol–. The blue service menu should appear.
2. Press 2 on the TV remote.
3. Press OK on the TV remote.
4. Press the down arrow (▼) on the TV remote until you highlight “PTCT”
5. Press the right arrow (►) on the TV remote.
6. Hold MUTE on the TV remote for three seconds. That cell will display two numbers: the runtime and number of time the set has been turn on.
7. To exit, hold the Exit or Return button on the TV until the set turns off.http://www.avsforum.com/t/1412033/the-official-panasonic-ut50-settings-issues-thread/600#post_22848982